Amazon matches Catherine, now $29.99 shipped( other matches listed in OP)

JP73

CAGiversary!
I know many Gamestops are out of stock and/or are gutted. Amazon has them in stock at $29.99. My friend ordered one less than 3 weeks ago and even got the artbook and CD

PS3 http://www.amazon.com/Catherine-Playstation-3/dp/B004P7VGF2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333397541&sr=8-1

360 http://www.amazon.com/Catherine-Pla..._0?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1333398918&sr=1-1

Other games have also been matched and I will update the OP shortly when i get a more comprehensive list. I bid you toodles, for now

:360::ps3:Call od Duty: Modern Warfare 3 $34.99
:360::ps3:GTA 4 Complete $19.99
:360::ps3:Battlefield 3 $39.99
:360: Gears of War 3 $29.99
:360::ps3:Batman Arkham City $29.99
:360::ps3:NFS: The Run $19.99
:360::ps3:SSX $29.99
:360::ps3:Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning $39.99
:360::ps3:LA Noire $19.99
:360::ps3:LA Noire Complete $29.99
:360:Lord of the Rings War In The North $19.99
:360: Red Dead Redemption GOTY Edition $29.99( PS3 version OOS as of now)
:ps3: Borderlands GOTY $19.99

As of now, no match on Assassins Creed Revelations for 20 and the new Final Fantasy for 30. There may be more, so if I missed something you can look it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Murderstorm']Match white knight chronicles 2 amazon![/QUOTE]
It's $22.96 right now fulfilled by amazon. Pretty damn close

[quote name='OpTiMaL']Which version did you order, the 360 or PS3?[/QUOTE]

PS3

And to the other guy, no, I don't think the art-book and CD are worth 15 bucks. So if you got one sued from Gamefly for 15, I'd stick with that. But then again I'm not a big bonus stuff kinda guy. I just figured since it is the same price as Gamestop minus tax, I'm better of getting it there

I really want to like Catherine, but I couldn't even get past the demo levels. I guess I'm too damn stupid.

On a positive note, that prevented me from opening my copy of the Love is Over edition. I think I'll hold out for another 15 or less Gamefly deal.

[quote name='FatherChesz']I really want to like Catherine, but I couldn't even get past the demo levels. I guess I'm too damn stupid.

On a positive note, that prevented me from opening my copy of the Love is Over edition. I think I'll hold out for another 15 or less Gamefly deal.[/QUOTE]

It took me way longer than it should have to complete the Demo too. That
giant butt with a tongue and mouth just kept eating me

Guess with a discontinued status, sale, and bonus shiz, I gotta jump on this. In for 1. Completely fine with buying this new and supporting Atlus.

[quote name='FatherChesz']I really want to like Catherine, but I couldn't even get past the demo levels. I guess I'm too damn stupid.

On a positive note, that prevented me from opening my copy of the Love is Over edition. I think I'll hold out for another 15 or less Gamefly deal.[/QUOTE]
Most of the levels can be passed by making a staircase out of blocks either to the left or the right. There's only a few levels where you may have to be a lil more inventive, like using the edge technique from later levels to make floating stairs.

As long as you take your time and are patient the game is a breeze.

Only cost $9 and some change with credit, looking forward to getting this, I tried the demo the other day on PS3 and found it to be interesting. I am picked up on 360 however as that is my console of choice.

I'd really appreciate any input as to whether the artbook and soundtrack CD are worth it, as I can sell my Gamefly copy to make back some of the cost of this one and I have some Amazon credit I can use.

[quote name='Vigilante']I'd really appreciate any input as to whether the artbook and soundtrack CD are worth it, as I can sell my Gamefly copy to make back some of the cost of this one and I have some Amazon credit I can use.[/QUOTE]
The artbook is a lil 10-15 page meh book and the soundtrack CD is supposedly a buncha recycled classical tracks.

[quote name='Zen Rukasu']Got my PS3 Catherine today. But I can't tell if it has the regular boxart; The artbook/soundtrack is covering it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, so you open it. Plastic wrap is weak and you are strong!

But if you don't want to open it for whatever reason, the UPC of the Un-Edited cover is 730865001385

[quote name='Vigilante']I'd really appreciate any input as to whether the artbook and soundtrack CD are worth it, as I can sell my Gamefly copy to make back some of the cost of this one and I have some Amazon credit I can use.[/QUOTE]
There's actually a video on YouTube where they flip through the artbook to show you it for the most part. But I would just say to Google the soundtrack and/or artbook yourself too to get a better idea.

Here's the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQUjA1vbGdg

For those who want more of the type of visuals from the artbook that comes with the game, there's a $30 artbook out in Japan that you can order through Amazon's Japanese website. But apparently shipping is outrageous for it(almost as much as the book).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR8x3LpFQGI&feature=related

The bigger artbook(in Japanese) in available on PlayAsia for $43:
http://www.play-asia.com/Catherine_...n_Venus_Mode/paOS-13-71-lu-49-en-70-4bvc.html

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']There's actually a video on YouTube where they flip through the artbook to show you it for the most part. But I would just say to Google the soundtrack and/or artbook yourself too to get a better idea.

Here's the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQUjA1vbGdg

For those who want more of the type of visuals from the artbook that comes with the game, there's a $30 artbook out in Japan that you can order through Amazon's Japanese website. But apparently shipping is outrageous for it(almost as much as the book).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR8x3LpFQGI&feature=related

The bigger artbook(in Japanese) in available on PlayAsia for $43:
http://www.play-asia.com/Catherine_...n_Venus_Mode/paOS-13-71-lu-49-en-70-4bvc.html[/QUOTE] Thanks for that, IATCG; now I feel better about already having the game and I don't really need the book and CD. :D

I actually still have the artbook n CD from when I had my release day copy that Amazon sent me. I think I looked at the book once and never bothered with the CD.

[quote name='JP73']Yeah, so you open it. Plastic wrap is weak and you are strong!

But if you don't want to open it for whatever reason, the UPC of the Un-Edited cover is 730865001385[/QUOTE]
Cool beans. It looks like I have the... Regular boxart.
That's the one with the boobies, right?

[quote name='Zen Rukasu']Cool beans. It looks like I have the... Regular boxart.
That's the one with the boobies, right?[/QUOTE]

yes, it's the one with the breastseseses, but the cleavage is being blocked by a combination of a "C" logo and some lanky asshole with ear flaps

Any more comments about Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning? Better wait for some GoTY version with DLCs or a better sale? Or not? Been tracking it since it came out and this has been the lowest yet (and hasn't drop as often as other games).

[quote name='ShadowSx']Amazon had Catherine CE for $29.99 a few months back.[/QUOTE]

I believe that was the Xbox 360 CE only ($29.59) - PS3 was $45.95. But PS3 (regular) was this price before on Valentine's Day (oh, Amazon!).

On the fence. More than once, I've overpaid or almost overpaid for something because of "out of print! hurry!" comments on CAG. But even broken clocks are right sometimes. Hmm.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']How long is this game?

Its one of those titles I really want to play, but I find with my backlog, if I can't beat a game in about 15 hours, I never finish it. Even worse, is that unlike my unplayed/sealed backlog, I feel bad about selling it because its half complete...

Also +1 on the question of if the art book and CD are worth the extra $15. Id been thinking of just waiting until a copy went on sale in the trading forum.[/QUOTE]
If you care about trophies, know that this is one of the hardest games to Platinum on the PS3. You'd get a lot more than 20 something hours out of this game if you want to try for those, probably at least 50 and that's if you're skilled at puzzles.

I don't know why, but I felt compelled to order this.

I'll return the Alternate cover version I purchased at Best Buy for $30 in mid-March.

I bought it at best Buy then too, it was like a 2 day deal or something. I returned it right away in the hopes that it would go back on Gamefly for 15 bucks. But this will do, already opened it so even if it does go on sale at gamefly, I'm not interested

I was going to wait for Gamefly, but I thought it would be better to just get it new since Atlus is one of those company's that deserves/needs the money. Besides, I had a 10 dollar coupon to spare and I ended up getting the artbook with it :D

This game is serious junk. Surprisingly repetitive gameplay. There is only one type of puzzle the whole time with different variables that increase difficulty. Save your money and wait for this to dip down to 15 or below. Without a doubt my biggest disappointment of last year. I know we are CAGS but this is one game I actually pre-ordered (love is over deluxe bundle) and because of my displeasure, I have a hard time preordering games. I am so paranoid about being burned I play the demo of any game I am interested in now, which is what I recommend if you are contemplating buying Crapthine. I know it's usually a good idea to play the demo however, I feel that I have pretty good judgment with games that peak my interest, at least maybe find some fun in it but with this one, as far as game play goes there is not one positive thing I can say.

I have played the demo several times. Now I am just trying to decide between this, and Lord of the rings: War in the north. Too bad there is no demo for it. Decisions decisions......

I'm interested in catherine but 30 is way too much. It'd be nice to get the book and soundtrack but that's just going to sit around doing nothing. I'm sure GF will have it for 10 or so later on.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']I'm interested in catherine but 30 is way too much. It'd be nice to get the book and soundtrack but that's just going to sit around doing nothing. I'm sure GF will have it for 10 or so later on.[/QUOTE]

I've been saying that for the last few months, lol.

maybe i shouldnt have ordered. mine arrived w book and soundtrack thing. but i left it sealed. maybe ill wait and see if i can ebay it

[quote name='krashhole']I went ahead and bit on Catherine. Really didn't want another RPG style game.[/QUOTE]

Good thing Catherine isn't an RPG.

[quote name='krashhole']What I meant was another Oblivion styled game. Take it easy, I haven't had my caffeine yet lol[/QUOTE]

So you're playing Oblivion and want something different? or you thought Catherine was an RPG?

Not attacking you, it's just unclear what you were trying to convey with your last post.

[quote name='Doom Kvlt']So you're playing Oblivion and want something different? or you thought Catherine was an RPG?

Not attacking you, it's just unclear what you were trying to convey with your last post.[/QUOTE]

I think it's pretty obvious he meant he didn't want another RPG game and since Catherine isn't one, he picked it up. Makes sense to me anyway :)

Sorry, I misinterpreted it as being "I bought Catherine because it was cheaper, but I didn't really want to add another RPG to my backlog".

Picked up Kingdoms, I'm so giddy right now. I have been waiting on this one to drop from $50's and since I quit WoW (or rather my PC crashed and I refused to buy another rig) it should pull on my nostalgia strings.

I saw GS was going to drop to 40 and figured it was a matter of time :) Thanks OP!!!

[quote name='mr_burnzz']I'm interested in catherine but 30 is way too much. It'd be nice to get the book and soundtrack but that's just going to sit around doing nothing. I'm sure GF will have it for 10 or so later on.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I've been saying that for the last few months, lol.[/QUOTE]

I have had Catherine in my Gamefly cart for quite a while now and I don't think I have ever seen it dip below $15

Got in about two days, came with the artbook. Haven't opened it, but I assume the soundtrack is in there as well. Nice surprise, I didn't know about this when I ordered it.

Got my 360 copy, which was the alt. cover, but contacted Amazon and got a replacement that had the original cover. Oh, both came with the artbook/CD.

I just got my PS3 copy and ordered on Thursday with super saver shipping. Looks like I got the unedited cover and art book with skew 730865001385.

Don't know if this was there before but I just noticed it states you get the artbook and soundtrack bonus offer if you order it from amazon. PS3 version at least.

[quote name='KingXtreme81']Got my 360 copy, which was the alt. cover, but contacted Amazon and got a replacement that had the original cover. Oh, both came with the artbook/CD.[/QUOTE]

I decided to check my Xbox version and also got the edited version, they set up a replacement for me, here's to hoping I get the right one.

Can anyone tell me the "difference" between the Alt cover and the normal cover? Is one rarer than the other or...?

bread's done
Back