Amazon: Mega Man 64 (N64) for $18, Prime Qualified

M-PG71C

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Yeah, talk about random, right? Not a "fulfilled by Amazon" order but an actual Amazon store item. It was listed at GoNintendo and I found it interesting.

http://www.amazon.com/Mega-Man-64-N...F8&s=videogames&qid=1289506182&sr=8-1-catcorr

Really, a brand new N64 game being sold...this is as bad as my local Walmart still trying to sell Tony Hawk 3 for the N64 for $20.

Regardless, I did order it so hell yeah, I get to finally play Mega Man Legends. :lol:

this gets posted about once every 3 months. within the next 30 days I expect to see another "sega dreamcasts now in stock sold by amazon" thread, too. ;)

[quote name='gamerdogbert']this gets posted about once every 3 months. within the next 30 days I expect to see another "sega dreamcasts now in stock sold by amazon" thread, too. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I see the Dreamcast bit lol, well, Amazon still wins in pure random shit category. :D

@ GUNNM

Damn, you saved $3?! Now I feel like I been ripped off :lol:

I think we should all start threads whenever a deal like this gets posted for each individual item listed under "Customers Who Bought This Also Bought:"

LOOK an N64 expansion pack for $9.11, count me IN!

[quote name='token2k6']LOOK an N64 expansion pack for $9.11, count me IN![/QUOTE]

If it improves the Wii graphics, I'll take 5.

[quote name='M-PG71C']
Damn, you saved $3?! Now I feel like I been ripped off :lol:[/QUOTE]

It was 13 and change about a year ago. I wonder if the price slowly creeps up as they run out.

[quote name='M-PG71C']

@ GUNNM

Damn, you saved $3?! Now I feel like I been ripped off :lol:[/QUOTE]
its just sitting on my shelf with mega man's eyes looking at me

[quote name='waxHead']If it improves the Wii graphics, I'll take 5.[/QUOTE]

Your title is "Resident Vinyl Junkie" so shut the fuck up about graphics.

Jesus Christ. "Grafex iz evarating" butthurt dwellers like this really piss me off. "The story, game play, and controls on this PS3 game generically suck, but it looks better than Twilight Princess lolol!"

[quote name='zohar']Rare game, brand new.[/QUOTE]

Amazon has had them in stock as long as I can remember, its not that rare. At the very least there is little demand for it.

[quote name='Blade']Your title is "Resident Vinyl Junkie" so shut the fuck up about graphics.

Jesus Christ. "Grafex iz evarating" butthurt dwellers like this really piss me off. "The story, game play, and controls on this PS3 game generically suck, but it looks better than Twilight Princess lolol!"[/QUOTE]

Normally, I'd agree with you, but have you played an N64 game lately!? They really, REALLY, don't hold up. Someone could write a good story on dried up turds, but that doesn't mean I'd read it.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Normally, I'd agree with you, but have you played an N64 game lately!? They really, REALLY, don't hold up. Someone could write a good story on dried up turds, but that doesn't mean I'd read it.[/QUOTE]
Funny. Star Fox 64, Sin & Punshiment, Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, Jet Force Gemini and Conker's Bad Fur Day all still hold up quite nicely compared to most early 3D titles. :p

[quote name='waxHead']If it improves the Wii graphics, I'll take 5.[/QUOTE]

you'd need 8, since 4 n64s= 1 gamecube, and 2 gamecubes = 1 wii.

[quote name='Blade']Your title is "Resident Vinyl Junkie" so shut the fuck up about graphics.

Jesus Christ. "Grafex iz evarating" butthurt dwellers like this really piss me off. "The story, game play, and controls on this PS3 game generically suck, but it looks better than Twilight Princess lolol!"[/QUOTE]

You wake up on the wrong side of the bed, Mr. I Can't Take A Joke? I make one comment about Wii graphics in reference to an old videogame system and you want to rip my head off. You're a real charmer.

[quote name='Tsukento']Funny. Star Fox 64, Sin & Punshiment, Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, Jet Force Gemini and Conker's Bad Fur Day all still hold up quite nicely compared to most early 3D titles. :p[/QUOTE]

I really should give Jet Force Gemini and Conker's BFD a try - never owned them until a few years after I packed up my N64. Regarding old game systems, I had my Turbografx hooked up earlier this week; unfortunately, it doesn't look so good on an HDTV :whistle2:?

Wow, this is pretty cool. I'd totally buy that if I still had my N64. I don't understand how these games fall out of the ether (time warp? Tardus?) like that, but seriously, thanks for posting it :)

Megaman Legends is such an awesome game!

I recommend this to all the dumbasses that haven't bought it on the PSX already.

In for one. I have copies of one and two for the PSX, but I couldn't say no to a sealed copy of this game for my collection...

[quote name='waxHead']I really should give Jet Force Gemini and Conker's BFD a try - never owned them until a few years after I packed up my N64. Regarding old game systems, I had my Turbografx hooked up earlier this week; unfortunately, it doesn't look so good on an HDTV :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]
Be sure to avoid the Xbox remake of Conker; it's actually censored compared to what the N64 version allowed and just didn't feel the same as the original.

Censoring The Great Mighty Poo's song is a crime within itself.

[quote name='Tsukento']Be sure to avoid the Xbox remake of Conker; it's actually censored compared to what the N64 version allowed and just didn't feel the same as the original.

Censoring The Great Mighty Poo's song is a crime within itself.[/QUOTE]

For an XBox game to be censored relative to what was released on a Nintendo system doesn't make any sense to me; thanks for the warning ;)

[quote name='Darknuke']In for one. I have copies of one and two for the PSX, but I couldn't say no to a sealed copy of this game for my collection...[/QUOTE]

I can't blame you. There was the allure for me of buying a brand new N64 title in 2010 from a retailer, not some auction site or marketplace. Its going to feel odd when UPS delivers it lol :p

[quote name='Strell']You are in for a treat.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, with MML3 coming out for the 3DS, I thought it was time to pick up the original two games in the series. This just kind of came out of nowhere and for so little, especially brand new, I couldn't refuse. I heard its not long (6HR) but for while it lasts, its some of the best 6 hours of gaming, period. I'll have to make time for it within the next month or so. :D

I think it didn't sell well because it was poorly reviewed upon release. At the time, it was a port of a 3 year old game, selling for full retail price with pretty much no alterations, improvements, or additional content. So review sites tore it apart for not being BETTER than the PSX version, despite being a perfectly functional port of MML.

As a result they didn't move as many units, probably killed any chance of MML2 coming to the N64 (if it was even ever up for consideration) and now Amazon apparently has a warehouse full of them 10 years later =)

bread's done
Back