Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='M_F_A_H']There is someone selling it for $1 here.[/QUOTE]
Had been keeping an eye on that thread most of the day and missed out once. Hopefully, this time will work.

[quote name='Eddy898']It's also a problem when you can't figure out what if any DRM a game has. This isn't a concern for books or groceries.

Sometimes the pages list it but sometimes they don't. Judging how many times these sorts of questions get asked over and over and over again on this thread I would say that Amazon really isn't doing a good job of getting that information out there. I mean half this thread is people asking if games redeem on Steam.

Some of it is people not paying attention but then again if that many people are not seeing that information then it either isn't being given or it isn't being made obvious and noticeable enough.

As for discoverablity, Steam gets overwhelming too on their really big sales and stuff there can also get lost in the shuffle, but there you can always do a quick browse of your wishlist at least to see what that is on it is on sale and for how much.

I think it's a bit problematic that Amazon doesn't really allow for good wishlisting of their digital games.[/QUOTE]
For as amazing as Tony is, it seems that he has passed along the message on a lot of these points. Maybe other departments work a bit slower? The only answer as I see it is cloning Tony.

I still vastly prefer Amazon to the alternatives, but if Amazon was to improve checkout to include multiple purchases, our library to be easily sorted, and browsing a bit more intuitive I would imagine it would sway even more people to Amazon as their first stop for digital game purchases.

[quote name='Eddy898']It's also a problem when you can't figure out what if any DRM a game has. This isn't a concern for books or groceries.

Sometimes the pages list it but sometimes they don't. Judging how many times these sorts of questions get asked over and over and over again on this thread I would say that Amazon really isn't doing a good job of getting that information out there. I mean half this thread is people asking if games redeem on Steam.

Some of it is people not paying attention but then again if that many people are not seeing that information then it either isn't being given or it isn't being made obvious and noticeable enough.

As for discoverablity, Steam gets overwhelming too on their really big sales and stuff there can also get lost in the shuffle, but there you can always do a quick browse of your wishlist at least to see what that is on it is on sale and for how much.

I think it's a bit problematic that Amazon doesn't really allow for good wishlisting of their digital games.[/QUOTE]

Amazon is just starting, trying to carve a niche on the market and making a hell of a good job at it. I'm not sure why people expect them to instanly reach steam like level of implementation when this is just their second or third year on the market.

Steam has more than thrice the time of being on the market and when it comes to drm disclosing, people forget how was steam a couple of years ago, I remember the bait and switch tactics of disclosing the drm only after the game is launched and only if enough people complained, which the original reason of why the steam's big drm list exists:

http://steamdrm.flibitijibibo.com/index.php?page=DRM_Lists/The_Big_DRM_List

[quote name='DonRamon']Amazon is just starting, trying to carve a niche on the market and making a hell of a good job at it. I'm not sure why people expect them to instanly reach steam like level of implementation when this is just their second or third year on the market.

Steam has more than thrice the time of being on the market and when it comes to drm disclosing, people forget how was steam a couple of years ago, I remember the bait and switch tactics of disclosing the drm only after the game is launched and only if enough people complained, which the original reason of why the steam's big drm list exists:

http://steamdrm.flibitijibibo.com/index.php?page=DRM_Lists/The_Big_DRM_List[/QUOTE]
It is a bit different when you are the first into the market (or the one creating the market). A later arrival should learn from the mistakes of those who came first - and ideally improve on the original.

Maybe we are just spoiled by their outreach which has to be market leading.

[quote name='cutter2']You guys who were bitching about navigating the Amazon game downloads website need to learn how to use its features better.[/QUOTE]

I may need lessons to learn to use the site better, but I'm suggesting that perhaps that's Amazon's problem and not mine. The fact is simple - I spend a crazy amount of time trying to seek out new deals and browse what they've got offered. That's time I don't want to spend and the reason is not that I am not well-versed in how websites operate... it's because there's a crap ton of information being shoved in your face on every corner of the page and it's wildly inconsistent in how it is displayed.

It's not just me either... look how many people in this thread alone are trying to figure out this whole "deal" thing and to what games it applies. And we're frequently given great information from Tony on where to look. Imagine the casual browser who has no idea there's a sale going on, what's on it, or the parameters of that particular event - dates running, new items on sale, special deals attached to them.

How about that credit? Try finding how much you've got. You have to go to the MP3 page and click a tiny button. Then it tells you non-specifically how much you have... but not to what it applies.

Go to the linked sale page and none of those filters you mentioned are available.

Congratulations on discovering which levers to pull to make the site work. I just don't think - based on my own experience and observations - that most people are able to make the most out of the website. It's money for Amazon left on the table most likely.

I've gone on about this far longer than I intended. It seems to be a polarizing issue and I don't want to ruin Tony's thread so I'm done talking about it.

Back to deals. My haul so far during this sale:

- Serious Sam 3 DLC
- Sonic 4 Ep 2
- Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
- Civ V DLC

[quote name='Daryl']It is a bit different when you are the first into the market (or the one creating the market). A later arrival should learn from the mistakes of those who came first - and ideally improve on the original.

Maybe we are just spoiled by their outreach which has to be market leading.[/QUOTE]

That's some pretty hefty standard, not even EA or UBI measure up it. Seriously, the day Amazon comes with it's own client, I'm migrating from Steam, Valve's monopoly over the market have made them too bulky for their own good.

Ease of use, good prices and customer care are important for me. Amazon has me covered in two out of three, whereas Valve only in one.

This sale for Amazon has been stunning. I can't look at this damn thread without buying something else (latest purchase: Lord of the Rings: War in the North for $5). I want Tony to have my digital babies!

[quote name='DonRamon']That's some pretty hefty standard, not even EA or UBI measure up it. Seriously, the day Amazon comes with it's own client, I'm migrating from Steam, Valve's monopoly over the market have made them too bulky for their own good.

Ease of use, good prices and customer care are important for me. Amazon has me covered in two out of three, whereas Valve only in one.[/QUOTE]
It is a lofty standard to figure a business entering a market would learn from those already in it? Do you want to say that since Origin and UPLay stink, that Amazon should be expected to as well?

The bottom line is that as much as I would love an Amazon game client, they don't. All they do is sell stuff. The fact that MANY people are pointing out that the sales interface could use work is not an attack on Amazon. Much of this has been said for months, and Tony has even spoken towards relaying some of these concerns to those that could make changes. I will leave it at that.

All this debate is missing is rabidly anti-Amazon partisans to counterbalance the irrationally anti-Steam ones.

Not really. It's refreshing to see courteous disagreement and discussion. The only one suffering must be Tony's pencil/keyboard from furious note-taking.

I'm glad Amazon doesn't have a client. Cleaning up the digital games library would be good enough. There's nothing that a client offers other than being a form of DRM. Everything we see in Steam could be done from a website coupled with any in-game launcher.

I'd rather Amazon take a page from GoG than from Steam.

[quote name='cutter2']Well if you spent a lot less time at CAG and a lot more time at Amazon, you would know how to use its search feature better. Being a veteran on CAG doesn't make you an authority on how to navigate Amazon or anywhere else.[/QUOTE]

I never once said I didn't know how to use Amazon's search tell, nor did I complain about it. Who ever said I was the authority on how to navigate? Lol, you're trying to pick a fight with the wrong person. ;)

Will there ever be a bundle with all of the LEGO games (Star Wars + Harry Potter + Indiana Jones + Batman + POTC + LOTR)? I would buy the crap out of that in a heartbeat.

[quote name='hal']I may need lessons to learn to use the site better, but I'm suggesting that perhaps that's Amazon's problem and not mine.[/quote]
My point was that in that regard the "problem" exists regardless of what you are searching for. Amazon's website works the same across all product categories. Frequent Amazon shoppers already know how to find game downloads they want because the rest of the website works the same way.

Imagine the casual browser who has no idea there's a sale going on, what's on it, or the parameters of that particular event - dates running, new items on sale, special deals attached to them.
Notice of the sale isn't the problem on Amazon's website. There's always sale banners on the PC game downloads main page when sales are in progress. However, I agree with you that the timeframe or expiration of particular sale prices is not clearly marked or marked at all in most cases on the Amazon website and should be.

How about that credit? Try finding how much you've got.
That's not really a navigation or search problem as to what I was referring earlier. I agree that needs to be fixed, but I think that Amazon could eliminate that problem for the most part by giving out discount codes as it did last year rather than just giving people credits to their accounts. The real problem is that Amazon created a new category of credit with no way to display it in the existing system.

Go to the linked sale page and none of those filters you mentioned are available.
Those filters are found on any search. For example if you click on a game publisher's link on a game description page, it takes you to search. There is also a big search text bar at the top of the main Amazon game downloads page which is preset to search only digital game downloads. I don't see that as a problem since Amazon search works that way for all products not just game downloads.

[quote name='Cofresi']Planning on buying the Disney Gamer bundle but i got a question,

They still use Securom?[/QUOTE]
Yes, it does but it is activation-based. There is nothing to fear from this form of SecuROM, and it is easy to revoke your activations if you choose. It doesn't install any drivers or any additional software on your PC. The DRM is integrated into the game's executables. It's quite flexible and works well. You can activate the games on multiple PC's and play them at the same time if you choose.

[quote name='Severose']I never once said I didn't know how to use Amazon's search tell, nor did I complain about it. Who ever said I was the authority on how to navigate? Lol, you're trying to pick a fight with the wrong person. ;)[/QUOTE]
It looked to me that you were the one trying to pick a fight with me with your sarcastic comment about me being a newbie on this forum. Your post added nothing to the discussion but an insult and wasted space.

[quote name='cutter2']It looked to me that you were the one trying to pick a fight with me with your sarcastic comment about me being a newbie on this forum. Your post added nothing to the discussion but an insult and wasted space.[/QUOTE]

You don't need to come here saying things like this:

[quote name='cutter2']You guys who were bitching about...[/QUOTE]

It's unnecessary and counter-productive to the environment we're trying to create here. You don't need to curse at people to get a point across.

On a side note: So I wonder why all of the negativity that I experience here comes from people with a '2' in their name... Coincidence?

Another question. Is there any chance The Walking Dead will be on sale in January so I can use the $5 credit promotion with it? Sorry if my questions are getting in the way of this important discussion about searching.

[quote name='SlightlyOffTrack']Another question. Is there any chance The Walking Dead will be on sale in January so I can use the $5 credit promotion with it? Sorry if my questions are getting in the way of this important discussion about searching.[/QUOTE]

It's around the time of the winter sale; I would expect so.

Amazon's search bar isn't good enough? Is that the topic fits are being thrown over?

And why is everyone pulling out their big words all of a sudden?

[quote name='Severose']You don't need to come here saying things like this:[/quote]
First, you are not a moderator here so you shouldn't be telling anyone what they can and cannot post. Second, it was you who slung the insult here not me.

You don't need to curse at people to get a point across.
Using the word "bitching" in the context I did, i.e "complaining" is not profane. You're grasping at straws to cover up for your own insults.

[quote name='Severose']On a side note: So I wonder why all of the negativity that I experience here comes from people with a '2' in their name... Coincidence?[/QUOTE]

There's an obvious and tiresome pattern of new members who come in and spew vitriol all over the Amazon thread, and have been doing it since at least the summer sale. You think they'd give it a rest after so many bannings.

[quote name='SlightlyOffTrack']Will there ever be a bundle with all of the LEGO games (Star Wars + Harry Potter + Indiana Jones + Batman + POTC + LOTR)? I would buy the crap out of that in a heartbeat.[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for the same thing. :) maybe in a year or 2...

[quote name='SlightlyOffTrack']Will there ever be a bundle with all of the LEGO games (Star Wars + Harry Potter + Indiana Jones + Batman + POTC + LOTR)? I would buy the crap out of that in a heartbeat.[/QUOTE]

I grabbed that Harry Batman pack a couple of weeks ago. It's running again on Monday. But I agree... I'd love to see a LEGO pack for the remaining games as well. As long as it's cheap.

[quote name='Severose']
On a side note: So I wonder why all of the negativity that I experience here comes from people with a '2' in their name... Coincidence?[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't surprise me in the least -- same MO as the last guy.

[quote name='Severose']On a side note: So I wonder why all of the negativity that I experience here comes from people with a '2' in their name... Coincidence?[/QUOTE]

fuck you!

[quote name='hal']I grabbed that Harry Batman pack a couple of weeks ago. It's running again on Monday. But I agree... I'd love to see a LEGO pack for the remaining games as well. As long as it's cheap.[/QUOTE]

So the LEGO games are actually good? I never paid much attention to them and always assumed they were shovelware. I didn't know they were actually good games..

[quote name='tjs09']So the LEGO games are actually good? I never paid much attention to them and always assumed they were shovelware. I didn't know they were actually good games..[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Traveller's Tales makes some pretty good games. They go way back to Psygnosis and SEGA. They're all light action/adventure games that require a bit of exploration and replay to unlock new stuff and secret areas. In keeping with the LEGO brand you won't find the storylines get very serious, but they generally play well, are fun to look at, and provide a pretty good gaming value.

It's definitely not shovelware.

Firt of all, "Thank You" to Tony for alerting us to these deals and helping craft them to meet our needs / desires. I believe that Tony and others at Amazon have been paving a great path in refining and creating a better market to buy video games. (Cheapy D and others at CAG - thank you as well).

I do not profess to know alot about navigating forums or websites. I will agree with some previous posters that one area that amazon may want to improve upon is better access or ways of findings deals without having to go through enumerous pages or mouse clicks. Yes, amazon is a massive market place. Nevertheless, amazon or any other retailer realizes the importance of constant improving and also learning from customers how or what to improve.

I like steam, but I love amazon's customer care better. If amazon has the same price or better, they will get my money.

I also am grateful that Steam has competition. I believe that due to GOG, GMG, Amazon and others that Steam is having to improve the sales. If only they would improve their customer service.

Thanks again Tony and PLEASE keep the deals rolling. If you put it on sale, people will buy.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Amazon doesnt offer Iron Brigade so I would just buy it from Steam[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to hold off on buying that bundle. Rumor around the block is Steam doesn't give individual games when you buy bundles. I already have CC and Psychonauts, so I'm just looking for Iron Brigade and Stacking. I plan on holding strong until they hit 75% off individually.

[quote name='Frithsblessing']Thanks for the tip. I'm going to hold off on buying that bundle. Rumor around the block is Steam doesn't give individual games when you buy bundles. I already have CC and Psychonauts, so I'm just looking for Iron Brigade and Stacking. I plan on holding strong until they hit 75% off individually.[/QUOTE]

as Mooby would say

"Stand Fast!"

[quote name='cutter2']You guys who were bitching about navigating the Amazon game downloads website need to learn how to use its features better.

For example here is a list of all of the Square Enix digital download games sorted by price low to high. You can further filter the list by getting just items on sale by ticking the "10% or more discount" box.

While the Amazon website is far from perfect, it is a lot more flexible than you think once you learn how to use it properly.[/QUOTE]
thanks, picked this up for free

[quote name='Severose']You don't need to come here saying things like this:
[quote name='2SuNaSuN2']
Number 2 Assholes Unite!!!! [/quote]

It's unnecessary and counter-productive to the environment we're trying to create here. You don't need to curse at people to get a point across.

On a side note: So I wonder why all of the negativity that I experience here comes from people with a '2' in their name... Coincidence?[/QUOTE]
hmm, maybe you have a point there. :bouncy:

[quote name='tjs09']So the LEGO games are actually good? I never paid much attention to them and always assumed they were shovelware. I didn't know they were actually good games..[/QUOTE]
I played the first couple Star Wars games and found them to be fun. I can't speak for the seemingly bazillion franchises they've published games for since then.

[quote name='Daryl']It is a lofty standard to figure a business entering a market would learn from those already in it? Do you want to say that since Origin and UPLay stink, that Amazon should be expected to as well?

The bottom line is that as much as I would love an Amazon game client, they don't. All they do is sell stuff. The fact that MANY people are pointing out that the sales interface could use work is not an attack on Amazon. Much of this has been said for months, and Tony has even spoken towards relaying some of these concerns to those that could make changes. I will leave it at that.[/QUOTE]

All flaming and fanboyism aside, it's worrying that is getting troublesome for some to navigate a site, what happened to reading on screen options??. BTW I never said there wasn't any room for improvement, just that it can't be expected for it to reach steam levels for functionality in a fraction of the time steam has been in the market.

As for the client thing, well, to each their own, I like all my stuff in a single place and if that place is amazon, well, all the better.

If by any cataclysmic event steam improves their ever increasing anti climatic sales, and if by an even bigger cataclysm they improve their customer care department, I will see no reason to move from steam, I'm tied to quality of service, not brands.

[quote name='DonRamon']All flaming and fanboyism aside, it's worrying that is getting troublesome for some to navigate a site, what happened to reading on screen options??. BTW I never said there wasn't any room for improvement, just that it can't be expected for it to reach steam levels for functionality in a fraction of the time steam has been in the market.

As for the client thing, well, to each their own, I like all my stuff in a single place and if that place is amazon, well, all the better.

If by any cataclysmic event steam improves their ever increasing anti climatic sales, and if by an even bigger cataclysm they improve their customer care department, I will see no reason to move from steam, I'm tied to quality of service, not brands.[/QUOTE]
I think we actually agree on most everything. I can't stand Steam for many reasons. I haven't spent a penny on Steam since February or March. My money goes to whoever provides the best value and experience, which seems to be exactly what you are saying. I also would love for Amazon to develop a client, though I think it is more likely that they merge with an existing company that already provides that.

I think our only difference of opinion is whether it is fair to expect Amazon to improve exponentially given their relatively short term on the market. I am fine with that.

Bottom line, we both view Amazon as the leader in price and customer service. More similarities than differences.

[quote name='Daryl']Some decisions to make. Really want Victoria 2: A House Divided, but I own almost everything in the War Chest.

Aside from Syndicate in a few days, I will probably bite on several other games. Hard to justify a big pack just for the one title.[/QUOTE]

Dude, it is $7.50....

Any chance of matching the current "Total War: Shogun 2" deals, specifically:

Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai Collection - $9.99
(Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai, Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai – The Saga Faction Pack, Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai – The Obama Faction Pack, Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai – The Tsu Faction Pack, Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai – The Sendai Faction Pack, Total War: SHOGUN 2 - Dragon War Battle Pack)

Just a simple "No, buy it on Steam" will be sufficient.

We've been having some persistent problems with recurrent trolls. While not 100% definitive, I see the clear marks of trolling behavior: unusual persistence in imposing/proving ones views, a pattern of posts being replies that do not add any value to the thread, status complex, rudeness, and an inability to let go.

While I certainly welcome new members to CAG, there are a small few who wind up on my ignore this -- most of them get banned.

[quote name='asheskitty']We've been having some persistent problems with recurrent trolls. While not 100% definitive, I see the clear marks of trolling behavior: unusual persistence in imposing/proving ones views, a pattern of posts being replies that do not add any value to the thread, status complex, rudeness, and an inability to let go.

While I certainly welcome new members to CAG, there are a small few who wind up on my ignore this -- most of them get banned.[/QUOTE]

LOL I think you just described 99% of the internet.

On another note, I'm still hoping for that Deus Ex: HR Tactical + Enhancement DLC match!

[quote name='Octopod']Dude, it is $7.50....[/QUOTE]
This is CAG. Paying 7.50 for a single DLC is not really fitting with the "C"

Seeing how trading has taken a turn, it is more trouble than it is worth for me to nab a large pack of games when I only need one.

Hopefully, I can get it a la carte down the road. But thanks for your insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back