Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll repeat the dissent here. SS games are so repetitive you hardly have need for the whole franchise and the best entry from it is regularly $2.50.

Not to knock our dealmeister's generosity but I have to give opinions on the value no matter what.

Gah. Torn on the Serious Bundle. Need SS3 + DLC, and SS2 DLC, plus Random and Double D. Can't really imagine any better deal than this, plus copies of SS1 to give away.

OTOH, I'm trying not to spend money.

Oh yeah, and it looks like it comes with a $5 coupon for this January, which I'm hoping I can use to get TWD for under $10.

*sigh* Screw it. I'm in.

[quote name='Rsmobile']I'll repeat the dissent here. SS games are so repetitive you hardly have need for the whole franchise and the best entry from it is regularly $2.50.

Not to knock our dealmeister's generosity but I have to give opinions on the value no matter what.[/QUOTE]

Curious as to which you find the best as the only one that has been $2.50 regularly is Serious Sam 2 (which is rarely considered the best).

[quote name='Mooby']Curious as to which you find the best as the only one that has been $2.50 regularly is Serious Sam 2 (which is rarely considered the best).[/QUOTE]

TSE. You don't even need the HD remake unless you are into mindless coop action. The old graphics still hold up and the old program runs great. Maybe only the classic was $2.50

Yeah you could probably snag TSE classic for $2.50... although perhaps not easily as online it seems they only sell it via bundles or as a promotional addition to upgrade SS3 to the deluxe version. The HD version usually only drops to $5 although I think I saw it at $2 during an older Holiday sale.

Seems like a decent deal for SS3 + expansion for $10. The rest is gravy to me. When it includes the $5 coupon code, I think it's pretty much a no brainer, but call me in January and see if I have any games left to buy that I can use $5 coupons on.

[quote name='Rsmobile']I'll repeat the dissent here. SS games are so repetitive you hardly have need for the whole franchise and the best entry from it is regularly $2.50.

Not to knock our dealmeister's generosity but I have to give opinions on the value no matter what.[/QUOTE]

I get that whole line of complaint about SS (are you related to RollingSkull??), but to anyone that enjoys the action and humor found in the series... there are nearly never enough Serious Sam games to go around.

I'd agree TSE is the best... but then there are great moments in most of the games that I would be sorry to have missed had I not played on through. It may not be for everyone, but it's a competent shooter with some pretty outrageous action and that's more than you can say for a lot of games in the genre.

[quote name='Mooby']Yeah you could probably snag TSE classic for $2.50... although perhaps not easily as online it seems they only sell it via bundles or as a promotional addition to upgrade SS3 to the deluxe version. The HD version usually only drops to $5 although I think I saw it at $2 during an older Holiday sale.[/QUOTE]

GOG has them.

I went to buy Syndicate, it applied a promotional credit that came from seemingly nowhere (I've only ever gotten the credit for Editor's Picks in January; it's not January) and got it for free. Afterward, got an email providing me with $5 promo credit for January. Score?

[quote name='Mooby']Did you have Amazon credit?[/QUOTE]

I don't know how I would. I've never received Amazon credit for anything that I know of except for the $5 credit that doesn't apply until the month of January, 2013 and some random Amazon MP3 credit.

Plus, it never applied any credit for the last games I purchased on Amazon. Unless Dead Island on November 21 gave me credit.

[quote name='totalanonymity']I don't know how I would. I've never received Amazon credit for anything that I know of except for the $5 credit that doesn't apply until the month of January, 2013 and some random Amazon MP3 credit.

Plus, it never applied any credit for the last games I purchased on Amazon. Unless Dead Island on November 21 gave me credit.[/QUOTE]

i tried that, didn't work for me :(

[quote name='memphiz88']i tried that, didn't work for me :([/QUOTE]

WAIT! Found it! "We recently learned the price of this item dropped shortly after your purchase completed. As a result, we've automatically applied a $5 promotional credit to your account." Forgot I got that email. It was for Hitman: Absolution - Professional Edition. Funny thing is, though, that I pre-ordered that on Amazon, GMG had it cheaper, canceled the pre-order and got it on GMG. I figured the email was a mistake and just sent to all people who had a pre-order on record, regardless of cancellation or following through and that only those confirmed to have completed the transaction (of money being actually exchanged) got the credit. Lucky me, caught a glitch.

[quote name='hal']I get that whole line of complaint about SS (are you related to RollingSkull??), but to anyone that enjoys the action and humor found in the series... there are nearly never enough Serious Sam games to go around.

I'd agree TSE is the best... but then there are great moments in most of the games that I would be sorry to have missed had I not played on through. It may not be for everyone, but it's a competent shooter with some pretty outrageous action and that's more than you can say for a lot of games in the genre.[/QUOTE]
Rsmobile is me on the phone. So yes, we're related.

I just find the action boring and drawn out. DEFINITELY in SS3 with it's damn endless trickle enemy streams.

Don't get me wrong, it beats the pants off of Painkiller and Hard Reset but it just doesn't rub me the right way. There are nice parts to the gameplay here and there but usually I'm sick of it before I complete a level.

Ok guys. I'm installing the secret world tonight. I'll be playing Sunday ( I have a charity thing on Saturday).

I'll post my in game name if anyone wants to play with me.

Question to anyone who has played. I play on a 60inch plasma, will I be able to make the fonts bigger so I can read quests and chat?

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Ok guys. I'm installing the secret world tonight. I'll be playing Sunday ( I have a charity thing on Saturday).

Question to anyone who has played. I play on a 60inch plasma, will I be able to make the fonts bigger so I can read quests and chat?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Installing it now myself. Would be nice to get some fellow CAGs together to play.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Installing it now myself. Would be nice to get some fellow CAGs together to play.[/QUOTE]

I'm not playing with you.

Cheers,
Tony

just kidding

I have a question about purchasing The Secret World.

I want to get two copies, one for me and one for my gf. I noticed that gifting isn't available; would it be possible for me to get her a copy, or will she have to get it on her own Amazon account? Or, are registration keys given at purchase that I could then give one to her?

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Seth Oriath']I have a question about purchasing The Secret World.

I want to get two copies, one for me and one for my gf. I noticed that gifting isn't available; would it be possible for me to get her a copy, or will she have to get it on her own Amazon account? Or, are registration keys given at purchase that I could then give one to her?

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]
Yup, just buy another copy. You're given a key that you activate here to create an account.

Just did it myself.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Yup, just buy another copy. You're given a key that you activate here to create an account.

Just did it myself.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thank you very much. :)

[quote name='ChuckInKC']I'm guessing all these $5 DD credits aren't gonna stack like last year. That stunk.[/QUOTE]

The credits didn't stack last year.....

I think his meaning is credits are not going to stack again this time, just like they did not stack last time.
Which isn't surprising. There were $1 games that gave $5 credit; if credits stacked, Amazon might as well sell credits outright for half off.

Tony, any chance of a sale on credits? :)

[quote name='vherub']I think his meaning is credits are not going to stack again this time, just like they did not stack last time.
Which isn't surprising. There were $1 games that gave $5 credit; if credits stacked, Amazon might as well sell credits outright for half off.

Tony, any chance of a sale on credits? :)[/QUOTE]

Sometimes not even $1. Victory: The Age of Racing (an F2P game) actually gave out credits for creating a game account and linking it to your Amazon account. Looks like they removed the promotion now. Lots of people even unlinked the accounts right after "purchasing" it.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

I know alot of you have been asking about Sunday's deals/holiday deals:

1. We'll have ALOT of stuff kicking off on Sunday so a major OP update is incoming. One of the things we'll have on sale will be that THQ Medley we ran previously for $9.99 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A3F5S0O. All Steam keys, all separate. For those of you curious about cross over with the Humble Bundle, the only 2 titles that were in the HB are Metro 2033 and Red Faction Armageddon. There will be a BUNCH of other stuff on sale as well.[/quote]

I must own too many games or something...
...I'm only missing Space Marine there. :(

Hell of a deal you got there, BTW.

EDIT:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Ok guys. I'm installing the secret world tonight. I'll be playing Sunday ( I have a charity thing on Saturday).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
I was in the TSW Beta....so, enjoy the 30 GB download or so. :p

Yesterday, Ragnar Tornquist (formerly of FunCom) joined the GameSpot stream of TLJ + Dreamfall on TwitchTV - and he was talking and answering questions about TSW, The Longest Journey + Dreamfall + the upcoming Dreamfall Chapters; and other gaming stuff.
Great stuff and interesting insights on all kinds of gaming stuff (i.e. the adventure genre). :D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MysterD']I must own too many games or something...

EDIT:

I was in the TSW Beta....so, enjoy the 30 GB download or so. :p

Yesterday, Ragnar Tornquist (formerly of FunCom) joined the GameSpot stream of TLJ + Dreamfall on TwitchTV - and he was talking and answering questions about TSW, The Longest Journey + Dreamfall + the upcoming Dreamfall Chapters; and other gaming stuff.
Great stuff and interesting insights on all kinds of gaming stuff. :D[/QUOTE]

it just got better...it will be $7.49 instead of $9.99

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']it just got better...it will be $7.49 instead of $9.99

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the THQ Bundle...?
Or TSW?

[quote name='Corpekata']He means THQ, given that the sale price of TSW is 15, not 10.[/QUOTE]

Dang, that's crazy for that THQ Bundle.

Has Space Marine alone even hit below $7.49 anywhere?
{eyebrow raised}

Will that THQ Bundle have a $5 BSO 2012 coupon (for that next Jan 2013 sale) attached to it?

[quote name='MysterD']Are you talking about the THQ Bundle...?
Or TSW?[/QUOTE]

The THQ bundle.

[quote name='Corpekata']He means THQ, given that the sale price of TSW is 15, not 10.[/QUOTE]

Fact.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='MysterD']I must own too many games or something...

EDIT:

I was in the TSW Beta....so, enjoy the 30 GB download or so. :p[/QUOTE]
lol, same here. Hopefully someone will be selling it out of the pack for a buck or two.

And I'm downloading/installing TSW right now, it's 15GB.

[quote name='Idiotekque']lol, same here. Hopefully someone will be selling it out of the pack for a buck or two.

And I'm downloading/installing TSW right now, it's 15GB.[/QUOTE]

Really? They shrunk the size of the files since the TSW Beta?
{Eyebrow raised}

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']The THQ bundle.
[/QUOTE]
Does that THQ Bundle come w/ a $5 off coupon for BSO 2012 sale (that upcoming Jan 2013 sale)?

[quote name='MysterD']Really? They shrunk the size of the files since the TSW Beta?
{Eyebrow raised}[/QUOTE]
Unless the updates once the game is installed are another 15GB, perhaps.

They probably shrunk down texture resolutions to make the game more compatible for different systems.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Tony,
When you say through 12/16 for TSW does that mean it will be good until the end of the day Sunday? Or the price will flip at midnight tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

EoD Sunday.

[quote name='MysterD']Does that THQ Bundle come w/ a $5 off coupon for BSO 2012 sale (that upcoming Jan 2013 sale)?[/QUOTE]

Yep.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Idiotekque']Unless the updates once the game is installed are another 15GB, perhaps.

They probably shrunk down texture resolutions to make the game more compatible for different systems.[/QUOTE]
The TSW Beta was a pretty good-looking game, back when I played it w/ all the newer DirectX features and graphical bells + whistles on and whatnot. I hope if they did remove high-res textures on the final release, they have a place where gamers can get them.

I haven't played it since the TSW Beta - just checked, that TSW Beta folder clocked in at 36.2 GB.

[quote name='MysterD']Does that THQ Bundle come w/ a $5 off coupon for BSO 2012 sale (that upcoming Jan 2013 sale)?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Yep.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

That's insane!

[quote name='Idiotekque']Unless the updates once the game is installed are another 15GB, perhaps.

They probably shrunk down texture resolutions to make the game more compatible for different systems.[/QUOTE]

The update is around 8GB.

FWIW, my first impressions of The Secret World are quite positive. Slight technical issues but it already has me dying to know what happens next in the story and the gameplay, while WoW styled, is evolved. Not quite GW2 evolved but sufficient for it to not feel horribly out of place.

[quote name='Bios Element']FWIW, my first impressions of The Secret World are quite positive. Slight technical issues but it already has me dying to know what happens next in the story and the gameplay, while WoW styled, is evolved. Not quite GW2 evolved but sufficient for it to not feel horribly out of place.[/QUOTE]

What are the technical issues? Thinking about running it on a laptop.

[quote name='Bios Element']FWIW, my first impressions of The Secret World are quite positive. Slight technical issues but it already has me dying to know what happens next in the story and the gameplay, while WoW styled, is evolved. Not quite GW2 evolved but sufficient for it to not feel horribly out of place.[/QUOTE]

I was NOT impressed w/ combat in TSW Beta. It felt clunky and floaty.
Did they fix this...or what?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']What are the technical issues? Thinking about running it on a laptop.[/QUOTE]

Poor framefate on my SLI setup, quite probably a configuration specific issue. As for laptops, it seems like it would take something along the same levels as Skyrim or Guild Wars 2 to run. This said, I haven't tested it on low settings and am running smoothly on medium.

[quote name='MysterD']I was NOT impressed w/ combat in TSW Beta. It felt clunky and floaty.
Did they fix this...or what?[/QUOTE]

It could be described as floaty I suppose and falls somewhere between GW2 and Wow however I don't find it to be clunky, at least not yet. Attacks seem to be fairly powerful and not just dinging away at numbers.

Any plans to put Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II and DLC on sale? Now seems like the time to strike when the iron's hot, after the Humble Bundle gave out the first Dawn of War game. I personally am interested in the DoW2: Retribution DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back