Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DonRamon']It's just the interwebs full of raging internerds. I'm not sure why people even bother to discuss about prices in a site called cheap ass gamer, if the perceived ROI isn't there, don't buy it until it hits your sweet spot, that's all there is to it, no need to discuss anything.

@the guy waiting for 33% off blops 2 in steam, cod on steam is the one thing you can count on to almost never get good discounts, if it isn't hitting 33% off on Amazon, it might not even go on sale on steam, Activision handles it's pricing with an iron fist.[/QUOTE]

Wha? This entire forum is pretty much people discussing prices, sales, etc...

[quote name='DonRamon']It's just the interwebs full of raging internerds. I'm not sure why people even bother to discuss about prices in a site called cheap ass gamer, if the perceived ROI isn't there, don't buy it until it hits your sweet spot, that's all there is to it, no need to discuss anything.

@the guy waiting for 33% off blops 2 in steam, cod on steam is the one thing you can count on to almost never get good discounts, if it isn't hitting 33% off on Amazon, it might not even go on sale on steam, Activision handles it's pricing with an iron fist.[/QUOTE]

Tony mentioned Black Ops 2 would get 20% off a couple pages ago.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Tantalizing THQ Medley - $7.49 contains (all activate on Steam):

1. Homefront
2. Metro 2033
3. Red Faction Armageddon
4. Red Faction Guerrilla
5. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
6. Warhammer 40K: Space Marine[/QUOTE]

Just a head's up for all of you. Red Faction Guerrilla appears to be unavailable for purchase in the steam store at the moment. Might just be a glitch with the Holiday sale. But it's also possible that it's been removed. Either way, Amazon is the only place that you can buy Red Faction Guerrilla at the moment. That is, assuming that you just gotta have a steam copy.

Something to keep in mind if you're interested in Red Faction Guerrilla.

Are there any plans to allow spending of Amazon/Chase rewards points for digital content directly on Amazon like you can everything else on Amazon?

[quote name='xRidley']Are there any plans to allow spending of Amazon/Chase rewards points for digital content directly on Amazon like you can everything else on Amazon?[/QUOTE]

+1... Also, any way to add DVG games to an Amazon wish list?

[quote name='Awkward1099']Tony mentioned Black Ops 2 would get 20% off a couple pages ago.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but he wanted 33%, and said that he was going to wait for it on steam, I just said don't keep your hopes up.

[quote name='The End']Just a head's up for all of you. Red Faction Guerrilla appears to be unavailable for purchase in the steam store at the moment. Might just be a glitch with the Holiday sale. But it's also possible that it's been removed. Either way, Amazon is the only place that you can buy Red Faction Guerrilla at the moment. That is, assuming that you just gotta have a steam copy.

Something to keep in mind if you're interested in Red Faction Guerrilla.[/QUOTE]

Odd, I activated it with no problems, not sure if this was before or after I activated it, but now it is indeed unavailable for purchase, in fact its missing for from the thq pack too.

[quote name='travathian']Or you can tell him that the assumption that a bankrupt company suddenly is going to give away everything is flat out stupid and complaining in the thread about it is lame.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, because they didn't just participate in a ridiculous humble bundle or anything like that...oh wait.

Not hardly a complaint either, are you making money off the THQ liquidation or what? Everybody is jumping for joy on the DLC which is widely panned. I think DLC is a bit of a scam myself. Although I have plenty of it.

And of course THQ being bankrupt has something to do with it, unless this game is flawless and does not have any more bugs or enhancements at all necessary. Chance of it getting any love if THQ was still around--some, chance of getting it now, barely any.

And I like to think there is better chance than not of getting customer support if I happen to need it.

[quote name='turls']Chance of it getting any love if THQ was still around--some, chance of getting it now, barely any.

[/QUOTE]

Don't you dare to speak of thq as if it was already dead!!

:cry:

[quote name='glennfrank']THQ is going chapter 11, not chapter 7 bankruptcy - there is a difference.
They will still be around. (thankfully)[/QUOTE]

+1 million !!

We now know THQ will survive the storm.

Ok, lets put it a different way. Whatever on the bankruptcy. You think you are going to get full support on old titles from a developer in their position, more power to you.

I already have number 1. So I would be buying DS2 and the DLC for $13+. It isn't a "new" title, it doesn't matter if it came out 2 years ago or 4 months ago. Unless you were asleep during the holidays, $13 is not earth shattering vs. the other deals so far.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']+1 million !!

We now know THQ will survive the storm.[/QUOTE]

While I agree that "THQ" (really THQ II) will last long enough to finish up the blue chip titles for next year, THQ's future is very much up in the air and very dependent on how South Park, Metro, and Saints Row sell (and if they are released on time without a compromise to quality).

Plus, Chapter 11 shift to Chapter 7 bankruptcies all the time. Management hates Chapter 7 because liquidation means immediate unemployment, no retention bonuses, and no opportunity to get lucky and be one of the survivors in the new company.

Best thing probably for THQ looking long term is to sell enough to attract one an EA or Activision acquisition because they like the developer studios and some of the IP.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='turls']............
I already have number 1. So I would be buying DS2 and the DLC for $13+. It isn't a "new" title, it doesn't matter if it came out 2 years ago or 4 months ago. Unless you were asleep during the holidays, $13 is not earth shattering vs. the other deals so far.[/QUOTE]

I bet no other retailer beats that deal, and it is still a newer title.

[quote name='glennfrank']So... don't buy it? lol :)[/QUOTE]

I thought I said that quite eloquently and politely before I got a bunch of crap from the fanboys (and I thought I was an Amazon fanboy).

I will just point out that I was in no way giving you crap or being impolite, just pointing out that they were not disappearing as your posts implied. Have a good night.

I really hope THQ goes to Chapter 7 Bankruptcy and everyone gets fired and people lose their jobs and games get sold off to other developers for completion and game series get split up. As long as it saves me a few dollars off the price of Darksiders II. I mean, what is THQ thinking? Trying to make a profit? Keep their business alive? Employ people?*

*Disclaimer: Nothing against people who want to pay less for DSII (that includes myself) or even much less (Heck, I've gotten DSI and Metro 2033 free in the last few months). What I think some of us have a problem with is people who are really hoping/wishing/wanting further ill to fall upon a company and its employees for the sake of cheapness. But to each their own.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I really hope THQ goes to Chapter 7 Bankruptcy and everyone gets fired and people lose their jobs and games get sold off to other developers for completion and game series get split up. As long as it saves me a few dollars off the price of Darksiders II. I mean, what is THQ thinking? Trying to make a profit? Keep their business alive? Employ people?[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Oh... were you being sarcastic? I... uh...

Also...

Tony,

Possibilities on new/different Paradox deals aside from the ones already listed like Defenders of Ardania bundle or Warlock DLC bundle?

[quote name='Mooby']Also...
Tony,
Possibilities on new/different Paradox deals aside from the ones already listed like Defenders of Ardania bundle or Warlock DLC bundle?[/QUOTE]

I'd like Warlock DLCs to go on sale too. :)

I think it would be funny if they went out of business and left all of their games at their highest price like Kingdoms of Amular on Steam. No company has to buy any of these IPs. It would be cheaper in most cases to just make a spiritual successor or a knock-off.

[quote name='Mooby']Also...

Tony,

Possibilities on new/different Paradox deals aside from the ones already listed like Defenders of Ardania bundle or Warlock DLC bundle?[/QUOTE]

Warchest Bundle, and the CAG endorsed "Space" Bundle

[quote name='aus_nacht']Tony,

Any chance for sales for:

Borderlands 2 Season Pass
Dishonored[/QUOTE]

Would like to know this as well since Steam isn't doing anything for BL2 DLC. Thanks.

Tony, just want to say job very well done so far on the sales. People on other sites are really starting to talk more about Amazon's DD store and sales, much more so than one year ago. You've started something...keep it up!

:)

I finally got my $3 credit for buying Assassin's Creed III during the Amazon gold box event from last week, I will be grabbing Darksiders pack for $10 :D

[quote name='DonRamon']Yeah, but he wanted 33%, and said that he was going to wait for it on steam, I just said don't keep your hopes up.[/QUOTE]
Oh, don't worry. My hopes are subterrestrially low.

Um, can I get some help with something?

I want to buy the Darksiders pack, but Amazon wants me to pay with my gift card balance. I don't -want- them to use that, I want to pay with my bank card instead. What can I do to make them charge me the way I want them to?

[quote name='basis']i missed out on the Endless Space Emperor Special Edition: $8.74 last week.

it's now like $17.49. i saw the note saying it's possible to still get $10 credit back? is that correct? is the credit for game downloads only or across all Amazon items?[/QUOTE]

That was for a specific game: Hitman.

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']Um, can I get some help with something?

I want to buy the Darksiders pack, but Amazon wants me to pay with my gift card balance. I don't -want- them to use that, I want to pay with my bank card instead. What can I do to make them charge me the way I want them to?[/QUOTE]

Buy the total amount of the game in gift code and mail it to yourself?

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']Um, can I get some help with something?

I want to buy the Darksiders pack, but Amazon wants me to pay with my gift card balance. I don't -want- them to use that, I want to pay with my bank card instead. What can I do to make them charge me the way I want them to?[/QUOTE]

Uh, just change your payment option.

[quote name='basis']i missed out on the Endless Space Emperor Special Edition: $8.74 last week.

it's now like $17.49. i saw the note saying it's possible to still get $10 credit back? is that correct? is the credit for game downloads only or across all Amazon items?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mooby']That was for a specific game: Hitman.[/QUOTE]

And the $10 credit is only for people who bought Hitman before it went on sale for $20.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Uh, just change your payment option.[/QUOTE]
I did. Several times. It won't let me use the card, it deducts the amount from my gift card balance.

Should say "change" or something to that effect on your payment confirmation/checkout screen. I've been in the same situation and that's all I had to do.

I click on that, I select my debit card. I go back to the confirmation page and this is what it says:

Bundle Download: $13.19

Total Before Tax: $13.19
Estimated Tax: $0.00
Total: $13.19
Gift Card: -$13.19
Order Total: $0.00

Edit: Screw it, I'll just buy a gift card for myself. Bloody annoying...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back