Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dfg']Far be it from me to discourage someone from buying or playing a game, but all these folks wanting to get Mafia 1... it hasn't aged well.[/QUOTE]

The main attraction for me is that I have a copy of Mafia 1 sitting in my inventory on Steam. Now that it's been removed from the store, it's value has risen. People do crazy things for games that aren't available in the store anymore.

But I wouldn't want to trade away my only copy, so I'm thinking about using my 2K coupon on Mafia 1 and using my inventory copy to fleece some poor desperate sap on the trading forums.

[quote name='Tolyngee']
Sweet, I just noticed Battlefield 3: Premium Service is on the list.[/QUOTE]

+1

Just hoping that price will stay the same or drop, the current price up there is still alot better than EA's sale price

Anyone fathom a guess if the service will stay at 25$ through tomorrow?

[quote name='Tolyngee']People looking for at least decent, respectable games for cheap EC coupons, I found this:

Garshasp: The Monster Slayer - $1.24
Garshasp: Temple of the Dragon - $1.24

Both activate on Steam.

Couldn't help but notice this in the Metacritic review though:[/QUOTE]

Shady Persian games with bad covers, nice.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I'm still getting stuff in from developers. I'm waiting until we have a full, finalized list before posting though. I will tell you that those who missed out on the 2K packs should be good to go as it looks like we'll be adding those for the effective prices as right now.

So the only one that should go up in SRP is the Bioshock Pack, to $9.99, which will make it $4.99.

The other packs will all be their current SRP + the $5 off anyone with an EC coupon.

There is a very slight possibility that XCOM, Borderlands 2, and NBA 2K13 will get promotions (they are already on the list). We're still thinking about it though.[/QUOTE]

@TONY / T-Money

Don't know if you can or will answer these questions, but what the heck!

Any idea when will see what the list of what's getting extra special slashed-prices during the EC 2012 list?

During EC 2012 promo, do you think NBA2K13 will be anywhere in the league of the current final day deal for $5 off 2K games that you have for NBA2K12 with...
NBA2K12 = $9.99 without coupon / $4.99 with the 2K coupon??

[quote name='dfg']Far be it from me to discourage someone from buying or playing a game, but all these folks wanting to get Mafia 1... it hasn't aged well.[/QUOTE]

Far be it from me to encourage anyone from buying or playing a game, but Mafia 1 is one of my all-time favorite games - great story and characters, amazing atmosphere and soundtrack, decent mission structure and good shootouts (once you got the hang of it), and so on. The graphics aren't great by today's standards but are still pretty good (except for the frigging draw distance). I got it in a Steam sale for $2.50 (back when Steam used to have actual sales) and played through it only a couple of years ago.

Now if only Mafia II would drop below $5...

[quote name='The End']The main attraction for me is that I have a copy of Mafia 1 sitting in my inventory on Steam. Now that it's been removed from the store, it's value has risen. People do crazy things for games that aren't available in the store anymore.

But I wouldn't want to trade away my only copy, so I'm thinking about using my 2K coupon on Mafia 1 and using my inventory copy to fleece some poor desperate sap on the trading forums.[/QUOTE]

That reminds me that I have a copy of Everyday Genius: Square Logic just sitting in my inventory.

[quote name='asheskitty']
tumblr_mco8u1pRRy1rcc6epo1_500.jpg
[/QUOTE]

ashes, is that really you?! Damn, I knew you were fine from the sound of your voice, wait...I've never heard your voice. Damn it, how can I be this bad at flirting? Oh well, I'll just go back to writing poems about explosive diarrhea after eating turtle soup, chicks dig that right?!?

On a serious note, I can confirm that the copy of Mafia on Amazon does in fact give a Steam redeemable key. So, there's that.

[quote name='Endrju_The_Ass']Dude, I posted about my problem 3 times before in this thread and I also send a PM to Tony - not a single fuck was given.

Being a dick often gets things done in the world we live in.

And thanks Tony, got the e-mail 5 minutes ago.[/QUOTE]
Dude, the world doesn't revolve around you.
because it revolves around me
You'd think with it being the holidays, you might have some compassion and understand Tony has a life too outside of here. Lighten up, life's too short so why be a Dick?
Or if that doesn't work, go hire some hookers, buy some liquor and stop being such an impatient ass.

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!

Does anyone know the date when the $5 EC coupons were suppose to start?
I have a few purchases in early November; but I'm not sure if the $5 EC coupon was in effect then.

You guys stop making me want to buy that damned Mafia game! It's not even on sale (I already used my $5 2K voucher for the desert to sea bundle) and now I'm getting all worried they'll run out of keys and they'll be gone. Forever. And ever.

I swear any time I hear something is removed from Steam I instantly want it, even if I didn't want it before. :p

On an sort of related note to games removed from Steam, I'm looking to get the Sims Medieval Pirates and Nobles expansion (I got a cheap copy of the base on Steam and then went and registered it to Origin too). Amazon doesn't have any direct way to get notified of price drops huh?

I guess I could use CamelCamelCamel though.

I want it but I don't $20 want it.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Does anyone know the date when the $5 EC coupons were suppose to start?
I have a few purchases in early November; but I'm not sure if the $5 EC coupon was in effect then.[/QUOTE]

I believe the Prototype pack that was part of the black Friday promo for $7.50 on November 9th was the earliest purchase that qualifies for a EC coupon. Anything that you might have bought from that point on will get you a coupon.

@Motoki
Mafia 1 is great.
It's nowhere even close to open as say GTA - it's much more linear and story-focused.
And boy - does it have an awesome story.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Does anyone know the date when the $5 EC coupons were suppose to start?
I have a few purchases in early November; but I'm not sure if the $5 EC coupon was in effect then.[/QUOTE]

It seems that:
[quote name='glyph42']If you've lost track of e-mails just check "Your Games and Software Library" on Amazon (this is the page with Steam keys & download links). The default sort is by purchase date... every purchase on or after November 16th should give you one $5 credit. Just remember to count bundled games as a single purchase.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']@Motoki
Mafia 1 is great.
It's nowhere even close to open as say GTA - it's much more linear and story-focused.
And boy - does it have an awesome story.[/QUOTE]
I'm torn, I still have my 2K coupon, but I don't know.

Looked up screenshots for it, and it looks marginally better than any old GTA game, which turns me off quite a bit.

I'll never finish all the GTA games, let alone another one of the genre...

[quote name='The End']I believe the Prototype pack that was part of the black Friday promo for $7.50 on November 9th was the earliest purchase that qualifies for a EC coupon. Anything that you might have bought since then will get you a coupon.[/QUOTE]

I was actually going to say it was the following week. I bought that pack along with a few others and did not receive the EC promo credit at that time. Tony was supposed to backfill those, but it hasn't happened as of yet.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I'm torn, I still have my 2K coupon, but I don't know.

Looked up screenshots for it, and it looks marginally better than any old GTA game, which turns me off quite a bit.

I'll never finish all the GTA games, let alone another one of the genre...[/QUOTE]

When I think of the great GTA-style games, these come to my mind (in no particular order):
GTA: Vice City; Mafia 1; SR:TT; and Sleeping Dogs.

Originally Posted by DarkGamer11
CAGs,
This may not be the best place for this but here it goes. Long story short I got dumped today out of the blue. I'm doing better than I was this morning but it still blows. Anyway, I'm looking for a game to lose myself in the next couple days since I'm off of work. Anybody have any suggestions? What's your "go to" game to take your mind off things? I have amazon and steam credit leftover, plus $20 on psn. I like the community in this thread so that's why I'm asking here. Thanks in advance

Video games don't help. If you want to move on quickly I'll give you the advice that an old school biker friend gave me "go find two girls to get over the last one." That is the best break up advice I've ever received in my life. It's not the high road, but it works.

I'd suggest finding these two girls:

[quote name='Frithsblessing']Video games don't help. If you want to move on quickly I'll give you the advice that an old school biker friend gave me "go find two girls to get over the last one." That is the best break up advice I've ever received in my life. It's not the high road, but it works.

[/QUOTE]
I dunno, asheskitty doesn't give it up easily... Trust me, I know.

Her friend might though!

[quote name='Frithsblessing']Video games don't help. If you want to move on quickly I'll give you the advice that an old school biker friend gave me "go find two girls to get over the last one." That is the best break up advice I've ever received in my life. It's not the high road, but it works.

[/QUOTE]

I'm the one in the back.. I'm actually ashes girlfriend ;)

I must say, I'm lookin' pretty hot in that pic!

[quote name='sunghost']Dayum Tony, that Risen 2 Complete deal is amazing. Keep the deals coming!![/QUOTE]

What Risen 2 deal? I've been waiting for this one! I don't see it on the front page anywhere, what deal are you referring to or am I just not seeing it on the front page because of all of the other deals?

[quote name='60fps']What exactly is in Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X 2 Deluxe? The page doesn't explain or distinguish anything apart from the base version.[/QUOTE]

Did you look on Ubi's page for it?

The Deluxe Edition includes 1 exclusive multiplayer map + 4 bonus content packs which will enhance your gaming experience of Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2®!

Content:
- Exclusive Multiplayer Map: Night Raid
- The Tiger Pack
- The Camouflage Pack
- The Su-27 Pack
- F-117 Pack

If i'm not mistaken the first promotion that came with the $5 credit was the Prototype pack.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']I was actually going to say it was the following week. I bought that pack along with a few others and did not receive the EC promo credit at that time. Tony was supposed to backfill those, but it hasn't happened as of yet.[/QUOTE]

I'm one of the few people who was able to see his promo credit. So I know that I got credit for that pack. I couldn't tell you how much credit that I have now because the there's so much false readings mixed in from credits from other stuff (like FTP promos) that I have no idea what's what. But back when the promo credits first started getting handed out, there wasn't any other promos.

Now that you mention it though, I do recall Tony saying that he was gonna backdate the promo for people who bought the Prototype pack. Because the credits went live while that pack was part of the deal of the week. I guess I just got mixed up and assumed that it applied to every other purchase that might have been made since that point. Obviously he was making an exception for the early Prototype pack buyers so they wouldn't feel like they were getting screwed.

TL-DR: Except for the Prototype pack, the credits started on the 16th of NOV.

Weird on the Prototype Packs, I did that one a while ago. I'm out sick today and currently kind of groggy. I'll get at it tomorrow.

Can someone with my email address toss me a note to remind me? If your email client has the ability to make it high importance, do so, I love those little red exclamation points.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals'] I'm out sick today and currently kind of groggy. I'll get at it tomorrow.
[/QUOTE]
C'mon, Tony - I just saw you in the crowd at Times Square, partying it up in your Amazon gear w/ Paddington!
:p ;)
j/k.

Jokes aside - hope you feel better, bro.

What is happening in this thread ... downloads ... break ups ... weird confessions about being girlfriends and posting pictures ... the world should have ended in 2012 ... look what 2013 has inherited ...

[quote name='etcrane']What is happening in this thread ... downloads ... break ups ... weird confessions about being girlfriends and posting pictures ... the world should have ended in 2012 ... look what 2013 has inherited ...[/QUOTE]
Cereal for everyone!

I hope Amazon price matches Steam's deal on the Alan Wake games and puts them on the editor's choice list. $2.50 for Alan Wake would be a great deal.

[quote name='etcrane']What is happening in this thread ... downloads ... break ups ... weird confessions about being girlfriends and posting pictures ... the world should have ended in 2012 ... look what 2013 has inherited ...[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing...I think it means we have a real community where we're just talking about our lives in addition to saving money on games.

I'm still unsure how much of what was posted on the last 3 pages is real or an amazing joke...and I don't think I care.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='MysterD']Did you look on Ubi's page for it?[/QUOTE]

Nope, thanks for pointing it out. I can see it's all skins and stuff I don't really care about. I'm not sure who would even notice while flying that fast.

BTW, Happy New Year everyone!:whee::beer::grouphug::twoguns::whee: I'm gone until the festivities are all over.

[quote name='Mippo']What Risen 2 deal? I've been waiting for this one! I don't see it on the front page anywhere, what deal are you referring to or am I just not seeing it on the front page because of all of the other deals?[/QUOTE]

This... I also do not see a Risen 2 deal.

[quote name='MysterD']I'm not a fan of the "always online" stuff - it's what prevents me from buying Guild Wars 2 right now.
I wish Diablo 3 would have an optional "offline mode", as well.

I wish TSW would add an "offline mode"...
...or would go cheap REALLY DIRT CHEAP like GMG had it recently - i.e. $5.xx. :p
Though, I don't expect you to say match what the International market is doing - b/c you guys flat-out just don't.[/QUOTE]

There was no excuse for D3 but I don't think you "get" MMOs if you wish they had an offline mode. They are always online because that is the entire point of them. If you want an offline MMO, play Kingdoms of Amalur :lol:

Hey Tony, can you give some vague idea if Mafia 1 Steam redeemable will remain on Amazon store or keys for it are limited? Everyone here is pondering on that :D

[quote name='xRidley']There was no excuse for D3 but I don't think you "get" MMOs if you wish they had an offline mode. They are always online because that is the entire point of them. If you want an offline MMO, play Kingdoms of Amalur :lol:[/QUOTE]

Oh, I "get" MMO's and the point of them - playing with LOTS of players together simultaneously.
I just hate when MMO's go away, they're pretty much GONE forever.
The game, the world - all gone FOREVER.

I wouldn't mind watching a ton of NPC bots run around in "offline mode." ;)

BTW - already got Amalur: Reckoning + DLC's and many of the Elder Scrolls games. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back