Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ran the numbers, and there is currently a 0.03% chance of Amazon getting steam keys for KoA this year, and even lower for this month.

[quote name='walkonshadows']I just some re-editing of my post to be a little clearer right before you quoted me. I'm clear on all the points you mentioned.[/QUOTE]

If people are "declaring mutiny" the only direction it should be aimed towards is themselves. All Tony has said he's done is sent some emails and made some phone calls, there has been no reply or anything. This is why he keeps scaling back on the information he shares with us.

I don't believe there has been any talk of removing games from the EC list, only adding them. The price is the only thing that changes with games on the list unless keys run out.

[quote name='xanchui']I just ran the numbers, and there is currently a 0.03% chance of Amazon getting steam keys for KoA this year, and even lower for this month.[/QUOTE]

In so many heads here, that equates to a near-guarantee of it happening.

[quote name='shezbot']This will be added to Editors choice later on (no timeline or prices)
Alice Complete
Dragon Age Pack
Need for Speed: The Run
EA Classics Bundle (Madden '08 and NHL 09)
Syndicate
Crysis Maximum Maximum Pack
Burning Hot Bundle (NFS Hot Pursuit, Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box)
Battlefield 3 Shortcut Bundle

Bio Shock is back in stock, out of stock, but back in stock soon (if not already)
Max Payne 3 still waiting on keys
Tonights episode of 30 Rock is a repeat.[/QUOTE]

why thank you good sir

anyone know if any of these games will have steam versions available (i doubt it)
before anyone attacks me, my origin account got hacked, couldn't get it back, origin isn't an option for me

[quote name='xanchui']I just ran the numbers, and there is currently a 0.03% chance of Amazon getting steam keys for KoA this year, and even lower for this month.[/QUOTE]

Uh huh...

[youtube]yCFB2akLh4s[/youtube]​

[quote name='espy605']In so many heads here, that equates to a near-guarantee of it happening.[/QUOTE]

And utter madrage when it doesn't happen by Monday.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Lol we'll see what happens but that law firm now has 2 Voicemails and 3 emails from me.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna need more gift cards :p You really are the best Tony. Hope it all works out :p

I was reluctant to get Origin but since BF3 requires it, I had no choice. Now that I've used it, I don't see any problems with it. It's got less sales (well, I haven't bought a thing from Steam this winter sale) and less of a community and that's about it to me. Having all EA games under another roof doesn't sound like a bad idea to me either.

So, KOA for Origin at $10 it is for me :)

[quote name='tham1988']why thank you good sir

anyone know if any of these games will have steam versions available (i doubt it)
before anyone attacks me, my origin account got hacked, couldn't get it back, origin isn't an option for me[/QUOTE]

EA doesn't give out Steam-Version keys to 3rd party distributors like Amazon DVG.
They been trying to shove Origin/EADM down our PC gaming throats for YEARS.

If you want Steam on an EA game, you're likely going through Steam to get them.

KOA:R Steam-Version could happen b/c EA didn't publish the Steam-version; 38 Studios did.
There's more leeway often given, when dealing w/ EA Partners Program; when you're Independent and NOT owned by EA.
So, if anyone holds the rights to selling Steam-versions of keys, it's probably the State of Rhode Island.

Guys, I wouldn't put too much hope into Tony getting Steam keys for Amalur. I passed along that address but my best guess is that the court appointed bankruptcy receiver isn't in a position to start negotiating with Valve for keys and open things up for sales. Most likely outcome is he politely declines and goes about setting up an 'auction' or negotiated sale of the IP. Really wouldn't expect the possibility of Steam keys for Amalur until that happens which is probably months off.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']@Tony: I just noticed that the PC and Mac versions of The Walking Dead were two different prices:

Mac - $18.74
PC - $24.99

Is there a reason for the difference?[/QUOTE]

So you know, The Walking Dead: The Game (by Telltale) is a STEAMPLAY game.
Buy a version of a game that supports STEAM and has the STEAMPLAY logo;
activate the key over Steam (From a 3rd party) or buy it through Steam directly;
AND you will then own both Windows PC and Mac versions.

Looks for this STEAMPLAY symbol on a game's Steam page, to see if getting a Steam key of a game actually nets you BOTH Windows PC and Mac Versions:
platform_steamplay.png

[quote name='diishen']can anyone tell me if Spec Ops for PC is a decent port?[/QUOTE]

It's a great port, have it myself and have not heard anyone say otherwise. Looks great, framerate is solid, supports 360 controller too.

[quote name='tham1988']omg omg amalur steam keys would be AMAZING
just the fact that it has nothing to do with ea is awesome[/QUOTE]

Just keep in mind - w/ KOA:R Steam-version, while in-game, you will STILL need a valid EA Account and/or EA Origin account to activate any DLC.

[quote name='espy605']It's a great port, have it myself and have not heard anyone say otherwise. Looks great, framerate is solid, supports 360 controller too.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the insight, grabbing a copy!

[quote name='espy605']It's a great port, have it myself and have not heard anyone say otherwise. Looks great, framerate is solid, supports 360 controller too.[/QUOTE]

THIS.

Spec Ops: The Line PC is an awesome 7 hours of shooting and depression.

With Alice:MR and Syndicate going on sale soon, what are your opinions of a decent price to pay for either? I'm a big fan of good art styles, stories, and single player so they both have appeal to me.

[quote name='diishen']can anyone tell me if Spec Ops for PC is a decent port?[/QUOTE]

There's a demo for PC. You can find it on Steam. Ran pretty smooth for me, but you can see for yourself how it goes for you.

[quote name='pantsattack']With Alice:MR and Syndicate going on sale soon, what are your opinions of a decent price to pay for either? I'm a big fan of good art styles, stories, and single player so they both have appeal to me.[/QUOTE]

Well, Syndicate was recently $5, so you can use that as a guide. Honestly, I'd be fine if it just hit that price point again.

[quote name='MysterD']Just keep in mind - w/ KOA:R Steam-version, while in-game, you will STILL need a valid EA Account and/or EA Origin account to activate any DLC.[/QUOTE]

i don't think that is right
there is steam dlc and it is not published by ea

[quote name='diishen']Thanks for the insight, grabbing a copy![/QUOTE]

Ran great on my 4 year old GTX 260. I'd advise not looking at any FAQs or walkthroughs (not really needed) as the impact is in the story and your decisions.

[quote name='Mooby']Guys, I wouldn't put too much hope into Tony getting Steam keys for Amalur. I passed along that address but my best guess is that the court appointed bankruptcy receiver isn't in a position to start negotiating with Valve for keys and open things up for sales. Most likely outcome is he politely declines and goes about setting up an 'auction' or negotiated sale of the IP. Really wouldn't expect the possibility of Steam keys for Amalur until that happens which is probably months off.[/QUOTE]

QFT, I'm actually thinking that this guy probably doesn't manage the business relationship, I'm partially convinced that no one does honestly. My hope is that I can find someone with the AUTHORITY to manage the business relationship, get them to agree to distribute with us, and then start working on a promotion.

That will be months, at minimum, off.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']QFT, I'm actually thinking that this guy probably doesn't manage the business relationship, I'm partially convinced that no one does honestly. My hope is that I can find someone with the AUTHORITY to manage the business relationship, get them to agree to distribute with us, and then start working on a promotion.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Indeed. It's more likely the IP will be sold off in the time. My guess is EA might end up with it eventually. That said, I wonder what actually happens to the proceeds from the Steam purchases. Obviously they aren't getting a ton of sales at $60 but surely a few people might have grabbed it.

[quote name='tham1988']i don't think that is right
there is steam dlc and it is not published by ea[/QUOTE]

Okay, so where are the Steam-version owners of KOA:R when I need them to clarfiy this?
Namely - this is asking about Legend of Kel DLC & Teeth of Naros DLC.

In-game while in KOA:R, there is a special SIGN-IN area - in which you use are supposed to use an EA Account or an EA Origin account.
That is how you activate any bonuses, DLC, etc etc.

Also, see here:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2591258

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']QFT, I'm actually thinking that this guy probably doesn't manage the business relationship, I'm partially convinced that no one does honestly. My hope is that I can find someone with the AUTHORITY to manage the business relationship, get them to agree to distribute with us, and then start working on a promotion.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Considering I think Rhode Island is looking to recoup tens of millions, they are probably not in rush to sell a few thousand keys at a discount so people here could get it in time for a $5 promotion.

[quote name='MysterD']Okay, so where are the Steam-version owners of KOA:R when I need them to clarfiy this?

In-game while in KOA:, there is a special SIGN-IN area - in which you use are supposed to use an EA Account or an EA Origin account.
That is how you activate any bonuses, DLC, etc.

Also, see here:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2591258[/QUOTE]

Not that I own the Steam version but my best guess is while you need the Origin account to activate the preorder bonuses and such (or that promotional stuff from the demo or whatever) you don't actually need to do it to access the expansions.

[quote name='MysterD']THIS.

Spec Ops: The Line PC is an awesome 7 hours of shooting and depression.[/QUOTE]

I downloaded the demo based on all the praise it got here and was really impressed. I plan on playing it through shortly as I now have the full version Thanks to The End's pre-January 1st coupon. :)

I usually avoid military shooters mainly based on the general theme (huge Borderlands 1 & 2 fan though), but SO:TL really gripped me.

I did okay on normal with my KBM setup, but I might try a controller for the hell of it.

Performance-wise, it ran great on my gaming laptop (Win7, i5 proc, 4GB RAM, and ATI Radeon 5850M).

[quote name='Mooby']Not that I own the Steam version but my best guess is while you need the Origin account to activate the preorder bonuses and such (or that promotional stuff from the demo or whatever) you don't actually need to do it to access the expansions.[/QUOTE]

Really?
Hmmmm....
That's....interesting.

[quote name='espy605']Considering I think Rhode Island is looking to recoup tens of millions, they are probably not in rush to sell a few thousand keys at a discount so people here could get it in time for a $5 promotion.[/QUOTE]

Well the idea is that they'll get the big money in actually selling the IP but, in the interim, if you can get a few thousand... nothing wrong with free money. But, again, I'm doubtful because it would take some negotiating and hell, the attorney fees alone might outweigh any sale profit.

[quote name='DeusAtrox']I see the Sims starter pack is in the editor's choice list @ ~ $50. Do you fellow CAGs feel this is the lowest price its going to be this month (yes, I know nobody can guarantee that) and is worth biting now?

I don't have any of them and am sure my daughter would love 'em.

Thanks,

DA[/QUOTE]

If you don't have any of the pieces, the bundle is fantastic. The $49.99 bundle price is 72% off the individual retail prices; and if you have an EC coupon, it's a 75% discount. That's a deeper discount than any of the pieces have ever had as a standalone. (I think.)

[quote name='MysterD']Really?
Hmmmm....
That's....interesting.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind, that's a guess. Wouldn't make sense as EA isn't 'publishing' the Steam versions. If they rigged it such that you don't need an EA/Origin account to play the base game on Steam I'm not sure why you'd need one for the expansion.

[quote name='Mac the Geek']If you don't have any of the pieces, the bundle is fantastic. The $49.99 bundle price is 72% off the individual retail prices; and if you have an EC coupon, it's a 75% discount. That's a deeper discount than any of the pieces have ever had as a standalone. (I think.)[/QUOTE]

I've seen many of the Sims 3 expansions released BEFORE Showtime from $5-10 a piece before on Gamersgate.

Does anybody know what the cheapest Sims 3 base game has been anywhere?

SIDE NOTE -> I own Sims 3 (Retail DVD); Generations (Amazon DVG); Late Night (Direct2Drive/GameFly); and Showtime (Gamersgate).

[quote name='NeoGutsman']I usually avoid military shooters mainly based on the general theme (huge Borderlands 1 & 2 fan though), but SO:TL really gripped me.

I did okay on normal with my KBM setup, but I might try a controller for the hell of it.

Performance-wise, it ran great on my gaming laptop (Win7, i5 proc, 4GB RAM, and ATI Radeon 5850M).[/QUOTE]

It plays well with both KB/M & controller. I recall switching to KB/M for some precision shooting. I tend to use both (yes, even at the same time).

[quote name='Mooby']Keep in mind, that's a guess. Wouldn't make sense as EA isn't 'publishing' the Steam versions. If they rigged it such that you don't need an EA/Origin account to play the base game on Steam I'm not sure why you'd need one for the expansion.[/QUOTE]

We need someone who owns KOA:R from Steam-version to comment on this all! :D

I have KOA:R + ALL DLC from Amazon DVG...and their version requires Origin.

[quote name='MysterD']We need someone who owns KOA:R from Steam-version to comment on this all! :D

I have KOA:R + ALL DLC from Amazon DVG...and their version requires Origin.[/QUOTE]

Well, yes, because all non-Steam versions are published by EA and thus require Origin. I will say that, first hand, I know for a fact the Amalur demo on Steam doesn't require you to install/log-in to Origin. Nor would I expect it to because it was 'self-published' by 38 Studios and there is no mention of EA anywhere on the store page.

Spec Ops is a good port overall but suffers from the typical awkward control scheme where they bind like 4 different things into a single button and it changes on context. Makes sense for a controller, not so much for a keyboard. Let me rebind more stuff so that shift/sprint/jump/makeasandwhich aren't all bound to the space bar!

[quote name='Mooby']Well the idea is that they'll get the big money in actually selling the IP but, in the interim, if you can get a few thousand... nothing wrong with free money. But, again, I'm doubtful because it would take some negotiating and hell, the attorney fees alone might outweigh any sale profit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they aren't exactly set up to do stuff like this. I think effort-wise they'll just wait to see if they can sell it off all at once since it's been such an embarrassment for the state.

[quote name='asheskitty']It plays well with both KB/M & controller. I recall switching to KB/M for some precision shooting. I tend to use both (yes, even at the same time).[/QUOTE]

You're not alone! I did that all the time while playing Saints Row 3. I can't drive the cars in that game worth a damn using a keyboard and mouse so my controller was always close at hand.

i don't think you could log into ea/ origin on the steam version if you wanted to
it isn't published by ea
it should be kind of like it is a completely different game

[quote name='Motoki']Was that really necessary? Is being bitchy a requirement for posting in this thread or something?[/QUOTE]
Yes.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']What if The Walking Dead was $12.49 as the deal of the week next week?

What if...[/QUOTE]
... you had it at $10? ;)

[quote name='darknight88']Guys anyone have a screen cap of then Miami Hotline was for sale for $5 on Amazon? I want to get my $2.50 back, no lie. I bought it when it was $7.50 so im a little pissed. Well if anyone can help me, that would be great.[/QUOTE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXVsBfWzJjM

[quote name='walkonshadows']Nice.

Concerning The Secret World controls, anyone have any experience with 6+ button mice that they want to share concerning any MMO? It seems to me it would be easy to map numericals (1-6) and quick action keys to them. For some reason I can't map anything to the regular left and right clickers on my mouse. Any experience with "gaming mice"?[/QUOTE]
I use a Razer Mamba, which has two side buttons. I map my basic attacks to them, my resource using attack to the middle mouse button, and the rest of my skills to the number keys. Works well.

[quote name='asheskitty']It plays well with both KB/M & controller. I recall switching to KB/M for some precision shooting. I tend to use both (yes, even at the same time).[/QUOTE]
35h0gi.jpg

[quote name='zillionandnine']You're not alone! I did that all the time while playing Saints Row 3. I can't drive the cars in that game worth a damn using a keyboard and mouse so my controller was always close at hand.[/QUOTE]
QFT.

Seriously Tony, u are the only guy who damage my wallet in this entire winter sales. I have not been buying any sales games from steam at all but only this below

SaintRow 3 full pack @ 2.49 x2 copies.

Please make something super insane deal @ Jan 2013, I got 2 $5 I wanna use, but I wont use it if there isnt an insane deal.

[quote name='Zerokoolpsx']MP3 is back on Amazon, but its at 50% off.[/QUOTE]

fuck, knew it it would come back shortly after the Steam prices went back up.:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back