Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah we'll have it for $12.99 pre-coupon on 1/29-1/31 [/QUOTE]

Thanks Tony for the Battlefield shortcut update!!!:D

Tony, could you get us The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess ported to PC, on Steam, on the EC list, and offer Steam keys at a steep discount before the $5 promotional coupons expire?

Thanks a bunch, man. I know you'll pull through.

Are this the only sales for the rest of January....or is there more to come???.
1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

1/13-1/19:

1/11-1/12:

Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

[quote name='G_freemanX']Are this the only sales for the rest of January....or is there more to come???.
1/11-1/13:

1/18-1/20:

1/13-1/19:

1/11-1/12:

1/29-1/31:

[/QUOTE]

Those are the only confirmed, but always a chance for more to come. Those ones weren't even confirmed until a few days ago. Tony's always working it seems.

[quote name='MysterD']I just finished Episode 5 of The Walking Dead...
Holy smokes, this season was something else.
Storytelling, plot, and decision-making stuff was crazy.[/QUOTE]
Onions. So many onions.

[quote name='soulkyo']Is the Darksides Franchise Pack worth getting if its going directly to my backlog? (haven't even started the first Darksiders)[/QUOTE]
I'd say no, because it's THQ, but I'm sure others will disagree.

Who knows who will buy DS2 though, so it may be a smart purchase if someone like EA bought the franchise.

[quote name='soulkyo']Is the Darksides Franchise Pack worth getting if its going directly to my backlog? (haven't even started the first Darksiders)[/QUOTE]

yes
thq franchises are about to be bought out
so who knows what company will end up with it and what DRM or whatever will be attached to the game
(its a pretty fantastic price so doesn't seem worth the risk of holding off to me)

[quote name='soulkyo']Is the Darksides Franchise Pack worth getting if its going directly to my backlog? (haven't even started the first Darksiders)[/QUOTE]Yes. I doubt it will be lower than that and for $8.19, you get Darksiders, and Darksiders 2 with all the dlc. Sounds like a bargain.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zerokoolpsx']Just finished TWD too. Just never expected the ending like that. So depressing.[/QUOTE]

guess its time to stay away from the thread
its just a matter of time until the spoilers get more spoilery
(just the fact that you say depressing gives away the entire ending, i just hope there are multiple endings)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Lol we're just planning on meeting up at a dog friendly bar/grill in either Cap Hill or Fremont.
[/QUOTE]

After reading this I imagined that Portlandia skit with the dog tied up at the outdoor cafe.

I still can't believe Carrie Brownstein went into sketch comedy.

[quote name='r4itolol']Any chance of another TERA sale, given that it's going f2p now?[/QUOTE]

Read below.
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We sold it for $4.99 for the past month and a half or so, we likely won't revisit a sale on this before it goes free to play.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tham1988']guess its time to stay away from the thread
its just a matter of time until the spoilers get more spoilery
(just the fact that you say depressing gives away the entire ending, i just hope there are multiple endings)[/QUOTE]

Not really. It's The Walking Dead. Considering its theme and setting, saying its ending is depressing isn't a spoiler. I mean, it's obviously not going to be a happy walking off into the sunset ending. Also, people are generally decent about using spoiler tags around here, at least from what I've seen.

[quote name='lnknprk']Read below.

Not really. It's The Walking Dead. Considering its theme and setting, saying its ending is depressing isn't a spoiler. I mean, it's obviously not going to be a happy walking off into the sunset ending. Also, people are generally decent about using spoiler tags around here, at least from what I've seen.[/QUOTE]

People shouldn't be posting end-game spoilers here anyway, spoiler tags or not. You guys should really use a game discussion thread for that, NOT the Amazon thread where people are trying to find deals, not plot details. See Trakan's post:

[quote name='Trakan']Guys, I don't mind if you go somewhat off topic when it's related to the deal, but there has to be a limit. If someone asks if a game is worth buying, you can go into reasons why it's good or why you liked it, but don't go posting entire endgame spoilers. Marked or not, it doesn't matter. That type of discussion belongs in a different thread entirely.

This thread is about the deals themselves.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='spoderman']People shouldn't be posting end-game spoilers here anyway, spoiler tags or not. You guys should really use a game discussion thread for that, NOT the Amazon thread where people are trying to find deals, not plot details. See Trakan's post:[/QUOTE]

Plus I thought it was sort of uplifting when you figured out at the end that the dog did it.

[quote name='Motoki']Speaking of Microsoft games, I know it's not Steam but I am still bummed I missed that Viva Pinata deal for 99 cents at GWL Marketplace in December of 2010. :whistle2:(
[/QUOTE]
I bought that in Dec 2010 and still have not played it on PC. Guess the Xbox version wore me out. What I found impossible was buying the Xbox-only sequel.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Plus I thought it was sort of uplifting when you figured out at the end that the dog did it.[/QUOTE]

That's what made it so sad in my game.... the zombies ate my dog. He attacked them to save Clem and then all you heard was the yelping. Unfortunately, I'd used my last bullet to save someone else and so couldn't put him down. We had to hear him yelping the entire time we ran away.

[quote name='nosferatu51']That's what made it so sad in my game.... the zombies ate my dog. He attacked them to save Clem and then all you heard was the yelping. Unfortunately, I'd used my last bullet to save someone else and so couldn't put him down. We had to hear him yelping the entire time we ran away.[/QUOTE]

Really? In my ending the dog started talking and explaining how he unleashed the zombie plague onto Georgia because of their objectification on the Bulldog through their college mascot.

Can people just stop with the spoilers or fake spoilers or discussing what happens in the game? Some of us haven't played TWD yet. Maybe the mod can just delete these posts.

[quote name='yangwenli']Can people just stop with the spoilers or fake spoilers or discussing what happens in the game? Some of us haven't played TWD yet. Maybe the mod can just delete these posts.[/QUOTE]

After Larce I third, fourth, fifth, etc... this, for all games, but specially for a game like TWD, a history driven game and talking about the ending??

For fucks sake people, stop being so damn selfish.

[quote name='DonRamon']After Larce I third this, for all games, but specially for a game like TWD, a history driven game and talking about the ending??

For fucks sake people, stop being so damn selfish.[/QUOTE]

Zombie history?

[quote name='Fluxy']tera is going f2p??? game looks awesome, is there a date when it will go f2p?[/QUOTE]

February is all they've said.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Really? In my ending the dog started talking and explaining how he unleashed the zombie plague onto Georgia because of their objectification on the Bulldog through their college mascot.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='yangwenli']Can people just stop with the spoilers or fake spoilers or discussing what happens in the game? Some of us haven't played TWD yet. Maybe the mod can just delete these posts.[/QUOTE]

If you think this could at all be even close to real in a game that has been getting accolades for its writing, please go back to reading your Hardy Boys....

[quote name='nosferatu51']If you think this could at all be even close to real in a game that has been getting accolades for its writing, please go back to reading your Hardy Boys....[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter, all it shows is a total lack of respect of other's tastes, have you consider he might want to play the game 100% on his own?? Seriously Tony, how can it be that in a thread called

people are discussing the game's ending? Some even making stupid jokes out of people's desire to get every bit out of the game they paid Amazon for?? Really Tony, enough to turn off people's desire to hang around a thread full of folk that get a boner out of spoiling the games they just purchase or wanted to purchase.

[quote name='DonRamon']It doesn't matter, all it shows is a total lack of respect of other's tastes, have you consider he might want to play the game 100% on his own?? Seriously Tony, how can it be that in a thread called

people are discussing the game's ending? Some even making stupid jokes out of people's desire to get every bit out of the game they paid Amazon for?? Really Tony, enough to turn off people's desire to hang around a thread full of folk that get a boner out of spoiling the games they just purchase or wanted to purchase.[/QUOTE]

Turns out he was a ghost the whole time.

[quote name='DonRamon']It doesn't matter, all it shows is a total lack of respect of other's tastes, have you consider he might want to play the game 100% on his own?? Seriously Tony, how can it be that in a thread called

people are discussing the game's ending? Some even making stupid jokes out of people's desire to get every bit out of the game they paid Amazon for?? Really Tony, enough to turn off people's desire to hang around a thread full of folk that get a boner out of spoiling the games they just purchase or wanted to purchase.[/QUOTE]

Why do you keep saying Tony? He hasn't posted any spoilers and isn't a mod.

[quote name='Idiotekque']God, Tony! How could you?![/QUOTE]

I have Tony's email for emergencies. You guys think this qualifies?

Also, turns out Tony was a ghost the entire time as well.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I have Tony's email for emergencies. You guys think this qualifies?

Also, turns out Tony was a ghost the entire time as well.[/QUOTE]

Definitely :applause:

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I have Tony's email for emergencies. You guys think this qualifies?

Also, turns out Tony was a ghost the entire time as well.[/QUOTE]

That's not fast enough. Post his address so we can form a mob! :hot:

I heard there's an ending where the undead teach you how to yank those bunched up panties out of your ass. You should try for that ending.... I'd tell you how to get it, but I don't wanna spoil the game for you. :eyeroll:

**Well thanks over sensitive mods.... now that you deleted the rest of the conversation that just seems out of place.

[quote name='nosferatu51']I heard there's an ending where the undead teach you how to yank those bunched up panties out of your ass. You should try for that ending.... I'd tell you how to get it, but I don't wanna spoil the game for you. :eyeroll:

**Well thanks over sensitive mods.... now that you deleted the rest of the conversation that just seems out of place.[/QUOTE]

Hey Mods,
You also missed a post a page back when someone said The Walking Dead was depressing, because apparently calling a zombie apocalypse game depressing is a spoiler.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']apparently calling a zombie apocalypse game depressing is a spoiler.[/QUOTE]

That's not the point. The point is that this is a Deals thread and where the discussion was eventually headed. Go post in the Walking Dead thread if you want to discuss the game. Discuss deals here.

Repeat offenders will be dealt with.

[quote name='Zerokoolpsx']Just finished TWD too. Just never expected the ending like that. So depressing.
Yes. I doubt it will be lower than that and for $8.19, you get Darksiders, and Darksiders 2 with all the dlc. Sounds like a bargain.[/QUOTE]

TWD is a great game. Can't wait to finish it myself and I expect nothing but a depressing ending from it. Great deal at $7.49 after the coupon. Even at $12.49 before coupon. I paid much more for it and am happy.

I need to get to Darksiders too, couldn't pass up on $8.19 for the entire pack. Is finishing 1 crucial to playing 2?

Awaiting Moderator Approval

[quote name='Trakan']That's not the point. The point is that this is a Deals thread and where the discussion was eventually headed. Go post in the Walking Dead thread if you want to discuss the game. Discuss deals here.

Repeat offenders will be dealt with.[/QUOTE]

LOL.....

**Fine print: May only be funny to those who have seen the lost pages

Ok guys, which $9.99 2K pack should I get? I'm leaning toward the shooter pack, (Bioshocks, DNF Complete, Borderlands GOTY). That one seems to be the best value. Any other strong recommendation before the 2K deals expire?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']TWD is a great game. Can't wait to finish it myself and I expect nothing but a depressing ending from it. Great deal at $7.49 after the coupon. Even at $12.49 before coupon. I paid much more for it and am happy.

I need to get to Darksiders too, couldn't pass up on $8.19 for the entire pack. Is finishing 1 crucial to playing 2?

Awaiting Moderator Approval[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say it is crucial but the ending of the first is probably my favorite part of the series so far.

[quote name='inm8num2']Ok guys, which $9.99 2K pack should I get? I'm leaning toward the shooter pack, (Bioshocks, DNF Complete, Borderlands GOTY). That one seems to be the best value. Any other strong recommendation before the 2K deals expire?[/QUOTE]

If you haven't played any of them? BL GOTY and Bioshock 1 and 2 are definitely the way to go for $5 IMO. DNF complete is just another game to try, but even if you hate it, you will still get your moneys worth out of it.

[quote name='Iron Angel']I wouldn't say it is crucial but the ending of the first is probably my favorite part of the series so far.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, sounds like I will try to get through DS1 first then :)

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']If you haven't played any of them? BL GOTY and Bioshock 1 and 2 are definitely the way to go for $5 IMO. DNF complete is just another game to try, but even if you hate it, you will still get your moneys worth out of it. [/QUOTE]

Thanks, yea I played and enjoyed the first Bioshock.

The Darkness II and Spec Ops: The Line don't interest me as much, unless someone has a strong recommendation for those. But the shooter pack does seem to have the most mileage. Bioshock 2 and Borderlands are probably the two games I desire most out of the packs. I guess it's a no-brainer but always good to check with the CAG community first!

Plus I don't have nearly as many coupons as some of you. Have to be more frugal/diligent! It does look like we have a good idea of upcoming deals, and I'm not as interested in those games.

[quote name='inm8num2']Ok guys, which $9.99 2K pack should I get? I'm leaning toward the shooter pack, (Bioshocks, DNF Complete, Borderlands GOTY). That one seems to be the best value. Any other strong recommendation before the 2K deals expire?[/QUOTE]

In my mind it really depends on what you play games for. If you want too just go for action and pulling the trigger, that may be the best ppack for you. DNF is generally considered a weak game at best so in my mind the decision really comes down to Spec Ops vs Borderlands as you can get both of those in equal packs with the Bioshocks.

Spec Ops: Entertaining and solid though generic 3rd person shooter mechanics with a story that is interesting and engaging. If you are a narrative focused gamer (like me) the Desert 2 Sea bundle is the way to go. The Bioshocks are very narrative based as well.

Borderlands: This is all about pulling the trigger and then digging through boxes for the most part. If you like an MMO like grind for gear and levels and enjoy good shooter mechanics with minimal focus on the narrative, I'd go this route. Personally, the 1st Borderlands bored me to tears and this is coming from someone who enjoyed the 2nd. The game is VASTLY improved, in my mind, by a little saved-game modding so that cash isn't a problem. This allows you to just play the game for what it is good for (shooting things) without the high peaks and valleys associated with its usual pacing (action oriented shooting fest followed by 5 mins of opening every container in the area, rinse and repeat).

^ Thanks a lot for that informative post. :)

I am more interested in story-driven games and generally am not too interested in shooters, but games like Bioshock can pull me in. Ultimately, though, I am interested in possibly trying DNF or Borderlands. I figure Spec Ops will be cheap again down the road, so I probably will go for the most bang for the buck right now. 2K Shooter Pack it is!

[quote name='Fluxy']damn shouldve bought tera when it was on sale[/QUOTE]

The consideration is really whether the founders awards will have pay store equivalents and what their cost will be on the store. I never cared about it, so don't know what they are, but I'm guessing they aren't much.

[quote name='inm8num2']^ Thanks a lot for that informative post. :)

I am more interested in story-driven games and generally am not too interested in shooters, but games like Bioshock can pull me in. Ultimately, though, I am interested in possibly trying DNF or Borderlands. I figure Spec Ops will be cheap again down the road, so I probably will go for the most bang for the buck right now. 2K Shooter Pack it is![/QUOTE]

I'll say this... the Borderlands story isn't terribly compelling - it's not supposed to be. The writing, however, tends to be very good. Some of the characters are terrific and there's a good bit of humor, especially in the DLC. The ending to the main game will not make sense until you get to the end of the DLC (play Claptrap last).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back