Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='miqspot']I come to this forum for the game deals. I leave because of the BS whining.[/QUOTE]
Like your "BS whining" about my posts above which are on-topic unlike your one here.

I don't know, maybe I spend more time watching deals than the next guy, but I've never had trouble buying a bundle or discount game on Amazon. I bought mine at like 4am or something and it went live at 1am. There was second where I was debating buying it, but really not for long as I KNOW things do sell out and you should as well. Look at the Arma: Combined Ops deal, that sold out and hasn't came back yet I don't think at the 14.99 price.

Like the old-school wake up at 3am black friday sales, maybe spend more time watching forums and less working/studying and you won't miss out on a deal as much.

I think all sales at various sites have a disclaimer that it can run out even if it's a deal of the week or day/hour, etc. Amazon probably has the same disclaimer and Tony even pretty much usually hint at this for the various coupon codes, etc...

In the end, it really does seem like BS whining and maybe just watch it more closely in the future or have friends here which can help you buy a copy.

I don't think Amazon or Square Enix did anything wrong and if you missed out, I think the majority of folks here probably feels like too bad for you, especially for someone who just created their account this month and probably doesn't know how things work yet.

Like many things in life, things don't always work out the way we want.

There'll be other deals and maybe a better deal than this in the future (it has happened) so just scratch it off as saving $10 and wait for the next one. There should be plenty of deals the next 3-4 months anyways.

You can probably also buy specific games from this bundle since plenty of people were selling them near or at cost as it is.

You can be upset about the lack of keys all you want to but what is the point of restating the same points over and over? We get it that you missed out on the deal because Amazon/SqE/Steam didn't have "enough" keys. Amazon offered a 25% off code (which they really didn't have to do) so just appreciate what you do have and move on.

Word to the wise: If you see a deal that you are even remotely interested in, buy it right away!

Before the last batch of keys, Tony mentioned that Square made clear that this was it. Tony also mentioned that demand for the bundle was far, far higher than expected. I think the obvious answer is that Square got tired of selling $100 worth of games for $10 and cut the supply off. Given the surprise demand, I'm sure Amazon had expected the deal to last all week without incident and was as taken as anyone with its premature end. Not a whole lot they can do about it aside from try to offer something else of value (25% coupon).

I can't fault Amazon at all for this. Heck, I don't even fault Square for deciding to get out before they got too deep. Another five days of sales would have practically guaranteed that they'd never sell a copy of those games above $2 again.

Thanks for the Darksiders tip, r9800pro! :)

Guys you really need to start doing what I do when some whiner registers just to berate Amazon/Steam/whoever: ignore them and move on. No need to quote them/debate them for another page. People like that have a one track mind and will complain no matter what.

Moving on... I know Amazon doesn't match GMG but I wonder if Tony might be able to coax THQ into some similar deals/packages for Darksiders 1, 2, and Darkness, etc.

I wonder if Tony is gonna come with some awesome Halloween sale, cause i have to admit that The Darkness II for 6$ on GMG is looking pretty tempting right now. Dead Island GOTY on the other hand not so much, with the base price being 20$ i'm pretty sure this gonna is gonna be selling for 5$ by the end of the year.

[quote name='yangwenli']I think all sales at various sites have a disclaimer that it can run out even if it's a deal of the week or day/hour, etc. Amazon probably has the same disclaimer[/quote]
There was no prominent disclaimer on the deal that stated that the deal was for a finite or limited quantity that I saw. If that is the case, then Amazon should not only plainly state it upfront but also display what the quantity is so customers know how many are available. Some web storefronts show available quantity in realtime. Amazon should too for these deals especially since it is a lot easier to track inventory when the item is digital and not physical since a physical item might not actually be in the warehouse because it is missing, stolen, broken, etc.

The bottom line is that a deal shouldn't be called deal of the "week" if quantity isn't actually guaranteed for the week. If it is only deal of the moment or deal until we run out or arbitrarily decide to pull the plug, then be upfront and call it that.

I don't think Amazon or Square Enix did anything wrong
As I explained above at least one of the three companies did something wrong. And, Amazon is at fault in the very least for false or misleading advertising because the deal didn't last as long as it had specified.

someone who just created their account this month and probably doesn't know how things work yet.
One shouldn't have to create an account here at all to get the deals at Amazon. They are advertised on Amazon's website. You shouldn't need inside knowledge to get a deal or know its real terms. The description and terms of the deal should be prominent, thorough, and accurate right on Amazon's website.

Like many things in life, things don't always work out the way we want.
No, they don't, but there are usually repercussions and remedies available when they do not. The parties responsible don't or at least shouldn't get to walk away scot-free to do the same thing later.

There'll be other deals
Sure, but it's still important to make sure that this situation doesn't happen again in the future.

[quote name='Mooby']Guys you really need to start doing what I do when some whiner registers just to berate Amazon/Steam/whoever: ignore them and move on. No need to quote them/debate them for another page. People like that have a one track mind and will complain no matter what.

Moving on... I know Amazon doesn't match GMG but I wonder if Tony might be able to coax THQ into some similar deals/packages for Darksiders 1, 2, and Darkness, etc.[/QUOTE]
So, when other people request or complain, it's whining, but when you do it, it is alright. If I had your hypocritical attitude, I'd tell you to just accept the fact that Amazon doesn't match GMG prices, get over it, and move on.

[quote name='jrodri86']I wonder if Tony is gonna come with some awesome Halloween sale, cause i have to admit that The Darkness II for 6$ on GMG is looking pretty tempting right now. Dead Island GOTY on the other hand not so much, with the base price being 20$ i'm pretty sure this gonna is gonna be selling for 5$ by the end of the year.[/QUOTE]

Just one man's opinion but if you ever find the base game for a price you like I would just pull the trigger on that. The 'GOTY' content is pretty irrelevant/forgettable. The three hour or so Ryder White DLC where he doesn't even have any talents/skills, the Arena where you just bash zombies like you do in the base game, and some indistinguishable weapon mods. Regular version has more than enough content to make you sick of it. :lol:

[quote name='Mooby']Just one man's opinion but if you ever find the base game for a price you like I would just pull the trigger on that. The 'GOTY' content is pretty irrelevant/forgettable. The three hour or so Ryder White DLC where he doesn't even have any talents/skills, the Arena where you just bash zombies like you do in the base game, and some indistinguishable weapon mods. Regular version has more than enough content to make you sick of it. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice :), Amazon carries the GOTY and the Vanilla Version right now so they might have both on sale on the future. Looking forward to it.

I suppose I am still responding to this guy because I still don't think he gets it or is mature enough or flat out so naive to know how things work yet in the online DVG store (or pretty much any sale) and am trying to be nice. Maybe other folks reading can learn here and now.

Another example of this is Amazon has Gold Box deals of the day all the time. They ALSO SELL OUT. Sometimes, but not always, they replace it.

Yes, it's the DEAL OF THE DAY. It should go all day, but they sell out. My point is just get it through your head that "this is how it is". Complaining isn't going to change that and learn for next time. Amazon also did give you a 25% off code to lessen the pain as well as a $2 code.

I don't think Amazon really needs to do anything more for something that's so obvious in terms of "good deals will sell out".

It's so basic and this is why I don't know why it's so hard for you to wrap your head around it. This will be my last post on this to this guy and sorry to everyone else for responding.

And what about people buying several packs? I am pretty sure that a lot of "people" have bought huge amounts of packs just to resell them.

Maybe, on another huge deal, Amazon should limit the number of packs per account to a maximum of two.

[quote name='frankie007']And what about people buying several packs? I am pretty sure that a lot of "people" have bought huge amounts of packs just to resell them.

Maybe, on another huge deal, Amazon should limit the number of packs per account to a maximum of two.[/QUOTE]

And they would just need to create more accounts.

[quote name='frankie007']Maybe, on another huge deal, Amazon should limit the number of packs per account to a maximum of two.[/QUOTE]
Heavens no. One of my favorite perks of Amazon DVG is the ability to buy multiples if I so desire.

I'm no reseller/trader either. I bought two packs of this deal, but one wasn't needed after all so I sold it to a CAG'er who missed it at cost.

I'm trying REALLY hard not to pick up Borderlands 2 due to my backlog, but holy fuck I want that game and this code doesn't make it any easier to resist!

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']I'm trying REALLY hard not to pick up Borderlands 2 due to my backlog, but holy fuck I want that game and this code doesn't make it any easier to resist![/QUOTE]

The code doesn't work with BL2 or XCom.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals'][quote name='walkonshadows']

lol thanks for the shout out. Sorry the responses have been so brief lately, crazy couple of days.

For those excited about NFS games, we'll have a good deal on them next week.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Planning to match Sleeping Dogs & Heist? :p

[quote name='Atlantik00']

Planning to match Sleeping Dogs & Heist? :p[/QUOTE]

The price for Payday would be the same as if you bought into a four-pack on Steam. It would be REALLY great if Amazon could do a four-pack for $14.99, making it $11.24, which comes to $2.81 per person. ;)

For those with Payday and without the Wolf Pack DLC, now is the time to grab it for $2.50 [if Amazon matches STEAM]. I was a day 1 buyer of the DLC and have no regrets; the AK is probably the most powerful new weapon, new pistol is a full auto, new armor perk, SentryGun, Grenade Launcher, can host the new maps [Counterfeit and Undercover] and rep-cap raised to 193.

If you like Payday, the DLC is worth it.

[quote name='Mooby']
Moving on... I know Amazon doesn't match GMG but I wonder if Tony might be able to coax THQ into some similar deals/packages for Darksiders 1, 2, and Darkness, etc.[/QUOTE]

Darkness II is 2K, not THQ.

I'm only bringing it up because I feel like that's a really common mistake.

[quote name='TartacustheGr8']Syndicate for under 5 bucks. sign me up[/QUOTE]

What up with the physical copy being $6 but the digital $30? I know its not a digital competitor but can we a get a PM there? :)

EDIT: Oops, just realized the $6 Syndicate is only fulfilled by Amazon, different seller.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
For those excited about NFS games, we'll have a good deal on them next week.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

steam or origin keys?

[quote name='roztworek']steam or origin keys?[/QUOTE]

All EA games bought outside the steam client will NOT work for steam. So, if they redeem anywhere it will be Origin.

Ughh, I just re-read half this page before I realized i got "phantom paged" again. At this point a Rick Roll vid should just pop up when I click the next page in this thread. Can't there just be a place holder for deleted post (kinda like where there is for ignored post), wouldn't that solve it??

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to find something to knock "Never gonna give you up" out of my head.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Ughh, I just re-read half this page before I realized i got "phantom paged" again. At this point a Rick Roll vid should just pop up when I click the next page in this thread. Can't there just be a place holder for deleted post (kinda like where there is for ignored post), wouldn't that solve it??

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to find something to knock "Never gonna give you up" out of my head.[/QUOTE]

Rick rolling is so 2009

[youtube]9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]

[quote name='walkonshadows']Ughh, I just re-read half this page before I realized i got "phantom paged" again. At this point a Rick Roll vid should just pop up when I click the next page in this thread. Can't there just be a place holder for deleted post (kinda like where there is for ignored post), wouldn't that solve it??

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to find something to knock "Never gonna give you up" out of my head.[/QUOTE]

here this will help http://$$$$$$$/7si55

here this will help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0

watch twice and then comment in the morning

When I was checking the 25% off code I accidently pre-ordered Medal Of Honor Warfighter LE but with no 25% off applied and with my Gift credit balance. I cancelled the pre-order right away but the Gift credit is not back to my balance yet. More than 24 hours have passed, so I need to know whether anybody experienced this before ? I contacted CS and they said it is normal and the GC would be back "soon" but didn't say how soon

[quote name='r9800pro']When I was checking the 25% off code I accidently pre-ordered Medal Of Honor Warfighter LE but with no 25% off applied and with my Gift credit balance. I cancelled the pre-order right away but the Gift credit is not back to my balance yet. More than 24 hours have passed, so I need to know whether anybody experienced this before ? I contacted CS and they said it is normal and the GC would be back "soon" but didn't say how soon[/QUOTE]

About Medal Of Honor: http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/11noab/eaorigin_pc_only_redeem_discount_code_for_50_off/

EDIT: you don't have to be premium to get the 50% off.

[quote name='bwrobins']No but you have to buy premium from EA origin store (full price) if you want to get Medal of Honor at 50% off.[/QUOTE]

Yep, just saw that :). Still a good deal for Premium users, but i find kinda BS the stupid regional lock for this deal.

[quote name='bobphone']Steam PMs is the reason Tony said the coupon could end at any time :)[/QUOTE]
Heh... I'm not optimistic about a SD PM + Coupon but it would be an instant buy for me if it happened.

I think PMs on stuff that was recently on sale is a tricky thing since it's bound to make someone upset with the "Ra ra ra, I paid more for it last week, week before, etc."

Personally I paid $22.50 for SD and would have been happy with my purchase at full price. Already put 10 hours into it and still have a million things to do :)

I highly recommend it and hopefully it gets price matched and people used the coupon on it so more people can enjoy it. Probably neck and neck with my favorite games this year: Walking Dead, Sniper Elite V2, and Sleeping Dogs

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I think PMs on stuff that was recently on sale is a tricky thing since it's bound to make someone upset with the "Ra ra ra, I paid more for it last week, week before, etc."

Personally I paid $22.50 for SD and would have been happy with my purchase at full price. Already put 10 hours into it and still have a million things to do :)

I highly recommend it and hopefully it gets price matched and people used the coupon on it so more people can enjoy it. Probably neck and neck with my favorite games this year: Walking Dead, Sniper Elite V2, and Sleeping Dogs[/QUOTE]
So, you're recommending Sleeping Dogs against....Sleeping Dogs itself? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back