Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Eldredpe']Shouldn't the key from the physical copy of Syndicate register on Origin?[/QUOTE]

Syndicate PC (2012 FPS) flat-out REQUIRES Origin period.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']It was a little more complex than that, the choice between going studio side vs. retail was pretty significant, as was the choice between helping to make games vs. working to sell them.

In the end it came down to the relationship, but I definitely don't regret my choice. If I'd chosen differently I wouldn't have had the opportunity to build this awesome community with you guys :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Believe me, when it's choice of working for EA and not when you have other options, it isn't more complicated. I worked for them for a year when I first graduated school because they have/had a good relationship with my school with hiring new people. I knew what I was getting into from my instructors/assistants and it was still ugh.

To point another view on it, a guy that started at the same time in school as me and we became good friends, he was/is the biggest Warhammer fan I have ever met. Dude lives for Warhammer. He was beyond pumped for Warhammer Online Age of Reckoning MMO (this was like 5 years ago when it was still in dev). When he graduated, he was offered a job by Mythic, but turned it down because they were bought out by EA and that was about as close as he would get to working on a dream project for himself.

You just don't want to work for them regardless of position. I know some people who still do and god it makes me depressed when they talk about work.

As someone who once was a dev for EA, I rather be a janitor at Amazon.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We won't be matching that due to upcoming promotional plans...like DA:U+DA2+Mass Effect 1+Mass Effect 2 for $14.99 and KOA + All DLCs for 80% off ($11.99).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

@TONY
Can we STOP putting EVERYTHING that I already own on sale? ;)
Thanks!!! ;)

BTW - that's an amazing deal and EVERYBODY who is missing that STUFF should buy them.
ALL of those games do range from GOOD to AMAZING.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We won't be matching that due to upcoming promotional plans...like DA:U+DA2+Mass Effect 1+Mass Effect 2 for $14.99 and KOA + All DLCs for 80% off ($11.99).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Is it possible to have that just a DA bundle too? I already own ME1+ME2 so its not a great deal for me.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Believe me, when it's choice of working for EA and not when you have other options, it isn't more complicated. I worked for them for a year when I first graduated school because they have/had a good relationship with my school with hiring new people. I knew what I was getting into from my instructors/assistants and it was still ugh.

To point another view on it, a guy that started at the same time in school as me and we became good friends, he was/is the biggest Warhammer fan I have ever met. Dude lives for Warhammer. He was beyond pumped for Warhammer Online Age of Reckoning MMO (this was like 5 years ago when it was still in dev). When he graduated, he was offered a job by Mythic, but turned it down because they were bought out by EA and that was about as close as he would get to working on a dream project for himself.

You just don't want to work for them regardless of position. I know some people who still do and god it makes me depressed when they talk about work.

As someone who once was a dev for EA, I rather be a janitor at Amazon.[/QUOTE]

From a consumer's point of view, I would have to say that EA gets a little bit of an unfair rep. They seem to be very aggressive in pricing this past year with their outside retailers and generous the freebies ($20 credit for filling out a survey is nice).

Of course, if you are part of the more lucrative full-freight or pre-order crowd you have been getting shafted by EA's DLC and online game code practices for some time. But I'm part of the market that tends to reap the benefits because otherwise we just end up renting or buying used so we get by without paying much.

And dev-wise, EA has had a terrible reputation for the last decade. But I think that's common with all the major publishers who happen to not be Valve and Blizzard. I read somewhere, however, that because they're so beloved and infused with talent the company culture turns you into a workaholic anyways -- it's more of an internal thing rather than a management driven thing.

What's interesting is that I've never heard anyone complain about working for Rockstar or Bethusda so I guess they must be doing something right. Or they have terrifying lawyers with excellent non-disclosure agreements

[quote name='BernardoOne']Is it possible to have that just a DA bundle too? I already own ME1+ME2 so its not a great deal for me.[/QUOTE]

That's the only problem I often find w/ Bundles, especially since I buy a lot of games - Tony keeps coming up w/ Bundles that include TONS of STUFF that I already own.

It often winds up - I don't want the bundle to get ONE game in the BIG BUNDLE that I'm missing.

God, I'm such a PC gaming addict...

I should just tell Tony what's on sale elsewhere and what deal I got my eye on, so he can say, "Wait it out - In a few weeks, that game you want is on sale OR in a cheaper better bundle here on Amazon DVG!"

LOL!!!

Figures this KoA bundle would come up soon after I think I'm getting a deal at $16. The tumultuous life of a CAG... peaks and valleys, strikes and gutters...

Make me feel better and put the separate DLC on sale, Tony. :D

[quote name='Syntax Error']Figures this KoA bundle would come up soon after I think I'm getting a deal at $16. The tumultuous life of a CAG... peaks and valleys, strikes and gutters...

Make me feel better and put the separate DLC on sale, Tony. :D[/QUOTE]

This please.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah dude, its kind of unreasonable for me to go to those guys and ask for a sub $15 price point. They are still making the game...and it is really good.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

That's cool, I can wait and it's understandable they're not targeting my market yet with all the success they've been enjoying.

Plus, they have an excellent business model there. The episodic content helps keep up price support since they're constantly in the news with new content that gets rave reviews.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']If we ever distribute an EA game with a Steam key I will type it in giant red letters on every post related to the deal, I promise.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I doubt EA would ever do that (give you guys Steam keys).
They're so about their ORIGIN service.
Especially since Valve won't sell (Steam) to them.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Damn! now I regret getting KOA:R Complete from Gamersgate for ~$15. Please Tony, when you are gonna put something like this on sale for better price than a competitor, please say so, or you didn't know about it ? $3 is not much but I'd rather buy from Amazon and I only played few minutes of the game

[quote name='r9800pro']Origin Store sells Steamworks games, right ?[/QUOTE]

Not many.

EDIT:
I really am referring to how EA treats their 1st party titles and/or important titles - they flat-out require Origin.

[quote name='MysterD']Not many.[/QUOTE]

Well, there are not that many Valve games out there. LFD, Portal, and Half Life are the ones that come to mind.

I almost wish Valve had not had so much success with Steam since I would have loved to see them put out more content instead of just HL2 and semi-HL2 mods. But having them establish minimum standards for DD content delivery was a huge plus.

Edit: and it's confusing whether our conversation about Steamworks games is games by Valve or not. The fact is that Valve now sells games on Origin, which probably means that the competition between EA and Valve is a little less heated than it is between Steam fanboys and neutral cheapskates.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Figures this KoA bundle would come up soon after I think I'm getting a deal at $16. The tumultuous life of a CAG... peaks and valleys, strikes and gutters...

Make me feel better and put the separate DLC on sale, Tony. :D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sunghost']This please.[/QUOTE]

FYI guys, this deal is coming up next month, just want to level set everyone's expectations there. I was just telling you in advance because of the PM request, and the feedback we've gotten when we PM something and then promote it later.

Also, for those who were asking about Dr. Who.

I got approval to run this bundle for $4.99:

1. Murder, She Wrote

2. House, MD -
3. The Lost Cases of Sherlock Holmes 2
4. Immortal Lovers
5. Pretty in Pink
6. Mean Girls
7. Clueless
8. Fever Frenzy
9. The Tuttles Madcap Misadventures
10. Doctor Who: City of the Daleks
11. Doctor Who: Blood of the Cybermen
12. Doctor Who: TARDIS
13. Doctor Who: Shadows of the Vashta Nerada
14. Doctor Who: The Gunpowder Plot

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI guys, this deal is coming up next month, just want to level set everyone's expectations there. I was just telling you in advance because of the PM request, and the feedback we've gotten when we PM something and then promote it later.

1. Murder, She Wrote

2. House, MD -
3. The Lost Cases of Sherlock Holmes
4. The Lost Cases of Sherlock Holmes 2
5. Immortal Lovers
6. Pretty in Pink
7. Mean Girls
8. Clueless
9. Fever Frenzy
10. The Tuttles Madcap Misadventures
11. Doctor Who: City of the Daleks
12. Doctor Who: Blood of the Cybermen
13. Doctor Who: TARDIS
14. Doctor Who: Shadows of the Vashta Nerada
15. Doctor Who: The Gunpowder Plot

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

OMG :)

Been meaning to check out the House MD game (though I've heard it was bad) including the Sherlock Holmes HOG and Doctor Whos for $4.99? Ultra awesome! Thanks Tony.

I assume the KoA pack will have separate codes for the DLC and base game though?

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']KoA is on Steam, but it might as well not be: still $59.99 and it's only been on sale once for $40.[/QUOTE]

KOA:R Steam Version is published by 38 Studios, NOT EA.
EA published KOA:R everywhere else - where it requires Origin in those versions.

38 Studios & BHG (RIP to both) were part of the EA Partners program, where they have MORE leeway in how distribution can be done.
Also, Crytek was another who is part of the EA Partners program - which is why Crysis 2: Maximum Ed wound up back on Steam with all of its DLC.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI guys, this deal is coming up next month, just want to level set everyone's expectations there. I was just telling you in advance because of the PM request, and the feedback we've gotten when we PM something and then promote it later.

1. Murder, She Wrote

2. House, MD -
5. Immortal Lovers
6. Pretty in Pink
7. Mean Girls
8. Clueless
9. Fever Frenzy

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Tony, you didn't answer our question lol. Is there a chance the DLC will be discounted individually for KoA next month?

[quote name='nategator']From a consumer's point of view, I would have to say that EA gets a little bit of an unfair rep. They seem to be very aggressive in pricing this past year with their outside retailers and generous the freebies ($20 credit for filling out a survey is nice).

Of course, if you are part of the more lucrative full-freight or pre-order crowd you have been getting shafted by EA's DLC and online game code practices for some time. But I'm part of the market that tends to reap the benefits because otherwise we just end up renting or buying used so we get by without paying much.

And dev-wise, EA has had a terrible reputation for the last decade. But I think that's common with all the major publishers who happen to not be Valve and Blizzard. I read somewhere, however, that because they're so beloved and infused with talent the company culture turns you into a workaholic anyways -- it's more of an internal thing rather than a management driven thing.

What's interesting is that I've never heard anyone complain about working for Rockstar or Bethusda so I guess they must be doing something right. Or they have terrifying lawyers with excellent non-disclosure agreements[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with a consumer POV with you 100%.

If you work for a good studio (I know of quite a few from friends) then you want to work and push yourself more because you love the place, so yeah it is a internal thing on that. Rockstar isn't too innocent, but I know 2, maybe 1 now, person who works at Bethesda and have never heard him complain at the place and he's been there a few years at least now.

Generally speaking, working for the big pubs like you pointed out sucks for the most part, but EA is like the Wal Mart of the industry really lol.

[quote name='daninoz']Do you know if the Oct 30 date for NBA 2K13 is for sure?

Any more news about the NFS pack?[/QUOTE]

That'd be messed up if they moved that junk back again.

If anyone needs the Hitman $5 pre-order code hit me up.

& good thing I already got all those games, DA+ME, courtesy of Origin's summer sale. Don't know much about KoA tho.

[quote name='MysterD']KOA:R Steam Version is published by 38 Studios, NOT EA.
EA published KOA:R everywhere else - where it requires Origin in those versions.

38 Studios & BHG (RIP to both) were part of the EA Partners program, where they have MORE leeway in how distribution can be done.
Also, Crytek was another who is part of the EA Partners program - which is why Crysis 2: Maximum Ed wound up back on Steam with all of its DLC.[/QUOTE]
As I recall, 38 Studios sold publication rights to EA for a one-time lump sum when they were trying to stay solvent. So EA straight up owns its rights to publish and distribute KoA and can price it as it pleases.

38 Studio's publication rights through Steam are now owned by the state of Rhode Island which has no interest in using or keeping them. They're going to auction off the IP so I wouldn't expect a Steam sale on it until they get a new owner (provided EA doesn't buy them at that time).

[quote name='sunghost']Tony, you didn't answer our question lol. Is there a chance the DLC will be discounted individually for KoA next month?

Oh lol, right now we don't have it planned.

Cheers,
Tony

1. Murder, She Wrote

2. House, MD -
5. Immortal Lovers
6. Pretty in Pink
7. Mean Girls
8. Clueless
9. Fever Frenzy

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

WOW, holy fuck $5 for Doctor Who and Sherlock Holmes, this is way more than I initially asked for Thanks Tony, is this bundle going to be on sale next week?

[quote name='LazyTriangle']WOW, holy fuck $5 for Doctor Who and Sherlock Holmes, this is way more than I initially asked for Thanks Tony, is this bundle going to be on sale next week?[/QUOTE]

Still slotting timing on it, but yeah, probably next week.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Oh lol, right now we don't have it planned.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
You're breaking my heart. If you're okay with that, then that's fine I guess.

If it's separate codes, maybe I'll get it and give someone vanilla KoA. DLC is like $10 a pop anyway so I'll still save some money and get some warm fuzzies out of it (assuming both DLC are included).

[quote name='Syntax Error']You're breaking my heart. If you're okay with that, then that's fine I guess.

If it's separate codes, maybe I'll get it and give someone vanilla KoA. DLC is like $10 a pop anyway so I'll still save some money and get some warm fuzzies out of it (assuming both DLC are included).[/QUOTE]

They are def separate keys. Sorry I'm breaking your heart :(.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Maintaining radio silence.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

You're maintaining radio silence?
Namco?
Or....um - both?
Or.....no comment?

Anyone remember if Tony said he is doing anything special for Halloween? I faintly remember something but my memory is getting jumbled together with all the Nov teasers.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Good catch by my OPS guy.

Only Sherlock Holmes 2 will be in the bundle, the first installment is distributed by someone else.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Not buying it anymore.

j/k

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']They are def separate keys. Sorry I'm breaking your heart :(.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Or you could grow a CAG's heart three sizes larger by selling them your extra key of vanilla KoA for, say, $3 paypal. ;)

Bonus points if you catch the reference.

In all honesty, if you have KoA vanilla already I would be surprised if you could not offload it on the trading forum at least $5, making the DLC net around $7 or less albeit with the limited risk that someone stiffs you on paypal.

[quote name='Syntax Error']As I recall, 38 Studios sold publication rights to EA for a one-time lump sum when they were trying to stay solvent. So EA straight up owns its rights to publish and distribute KoA and can price it as it pleases.

38 Studio's publication rights through Steam are now owned by the state of Rhode Island which has no interest in using or keeping them. They're going to auction off the IP so I wouldn't expect a Steam sale on it until they get a new owner (provided EA doesn't buy them at that time).[/QUOTE]
Wow thanks for that info.

If the IP is really being auctioned off...it makes me concerned for future installments of the game (in the very slight chance there would be one...) because I doubt the original creators and visionaries of the game would be there to front the hedge.

[quote name='gomikeoh']Wow thanks for that info.

If the IP is really being auctioned off...it makes me concerned for future installments of the game (in the very slight chance there would be one...) because I doubt the original creators and visionaries of the game would be there to front the hedge.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind - BHG Baltimore developed KOA:R, not 38 Studios.
Many of BHG wound-up at Epic Baltimore (AKA Impossible Studios).

EDIT:
Oh, this is interesting - Ken Rolston (Morrowind + Oblivion when w/ Bethesda; KOA:R when w/ BHG) is now at Turbine.

[quote name='KaOTiK']I totally agree with a consumer POV with you 100%.

If you work for a good studio (I know of quite a few from friends) then you want to work and push yourself more because you love the place, so yeah it is a internal thing on that. Rockstar isn't too innocent, but I know 2, maybe 1 now, person who works at Bethesda and have never heard him complain at the place and he's been there a few years at least now.

Generally speaking, working for the big pubs like you pointed out sucks for the most part, but EA is like the Wal Mart of the industry really lol.[/QUOTE]

Activision (non-Blizzard) might have beat them if they hadn't folded on the Infinity Ward lawsuit during E3 and kept it out of the gaming press. I was so bumed that we couldn't see some of their dirty Infinity Ward laundry.

Do you know anyone who works for Bungie? They seem like Valve (fanaticaly loyal employees and management) but CIA-esque secrecy.

And what's up with Irrational? Seems like no one wants to work for Levine -- I hope Bioshock Infinity turns out ok! I was more pumped up about that game then GTA V.

[quote name='nategator']
And what's up with Irrational? Seems like no one wants to work for Levine -- I hope Bioshock Infinity turns out ok! I was more pumped up about that game then GTA V.[/QUOTE]

I am so looking forward to Bioshock: Infinite. The original Bioshock was amazing.

EDIT:
[quote name='nategator']Hooray![/QUOTE]
What is up w/ you always stealing X-Mas? :p

[quote name='MysterD']You're maintaining radio silence?
Namco?
Or....um - both?
Or.....no comment?[/QUOTE]

$20 in a couple of weeks just heard back.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']$20 in a couple of weeks just heard back.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

NICE!!!
{does a happy dance}
Will there be a percent-off coupon going on at that time? :p

EDIT:
I probably shouldn't do a dance...it'll probably leave me open for a BRUTAL enemy in that game to slaughter me! :p
And then they'll dance on my grave!
Looking forward to that BRUTALLY HARD game.

EDIT 2:
@Tony
Do you sell special monitor insurance? :p
This is one of those controller-tossing and "scream & cuss at the screen" games, from what I've heard!

[quote name='nategator']Activision (non-Blizzard) might have beat them if they hadn't folded on the Infinity Ward lawsuit during E3 and kept it out of the gaming press. I was so bumed that we couldn't see some of their dirty Infinity Ward laundry.

Do you know anyone who works for Bungie? They seem like Valve (fanaticaly loyal employees and management) but CIA-esque secrecy.

And what's up with Irrational? Seems like no one wants to work for Levine -- I hope Bioshock Infinity turns out ok! I was more pumped up about that game then GTA V.[/QUOTE]

I knew someone who worked for Bungie, they left a few years after MS acquired them though. He liked it a lot from what I remember, he just got sick of working on the same thing the entire time and wasn't a fanatical Halo fan. The studio wanted to work on other things but MS was no go on it from what I had gathered.

Don't know anyone at Irrational and no one at least off hand that has worked with Levine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back