Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Genocidal']Tax killed it? Really? $12 for a game and both DLCs that retail for $60 (that's 80% off) is killed by tax that's going to be at most $1?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm from Seattle and even I jumped on this knowing there'd be tax applied. :p I get taxed on Amazon and Steam sales but on the whole I still save money. There's a fine line between being a hardcore CAG and just a plain cheapo ;)

Big ups to Tony once again for trying out another cool sale idea. I hope it sold well enough that we can see more of these.

I've love to see a 50% off on C&C: The Ultimate Collection, BUT that's supposing it does work on Windows 7 64-bit. I've seen several reviews on Amazon that doesn't paint a very good picture, but I've yet to see something outside there to confirm or deny the user reviews.

[quote name='krushnine']Argh, I was busy at work today and totally missed out on the Amalur deal.

Come back, Amalur deal, come back![/QUOTE]

Yeah these flash deals during the middle of the day are bs honestly. I thought this would be a Deal of the Week or something, really wanted to try out KOA.

... and a fellow CAGer let me have his extra KoA pack for the Amazon sale price just now. I love CAG.

But yeah, I was expecting this to be a Deal of the Week as well and had been waiting since Tony had first mentioned this upcoming sale price.

I think you guys are jumping the gun regarding the KoA "Black Friday" deal.

I'm pretty sure Tony mentioned the KoA Bundle will be an upcoming DoTW [November?].
However, I know these "Black Friday" bundles are promotions with Gamespot and are NOT mentioned ahead of time because they want you to watch the unveiling of the deals live on their streaming video channel.
Heck, I missed their last "Black Friday" deal of Darkness II for $5, but it still made a comeback on Halloween at the same price.

If anything, whoever got the deal today [myself included] just got early access to it. I'm still confident the KoA bundle will have an entire week for it's sale.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']I think you guys are jumping the gun regarding the KoA "Black Friday" deal.

I'm pretty sure Tony mentioned the KoA Bundle will be an upcoming DoTW [November?].
However, I know these "Black Friday" bundles are promotions with Gamespot and are NOT mentioned ahead of time because they want you to watch the unveiling of the deals live on their streaming video channel.
Heck, I missed their last "Black Friday" deal of Darkness II for $5, but it still made a comeback on Halloween at the same price.

If anything, whoever got the deal today [myself included] just got early access to it. I'm still confident the KoA bundle will have an entire week for it's sale.[/QUOTE]

This. And even if not, the nature of "black friday" type deals is sort of limited time/limited stock sort of thing. I find it annoying like most people I think and I hated the Steam flash sales this summer, but it's the nature of the biz. Lots of people seem to respond to this sort of marketing. The Twitch chat box was full to the brim of people excited to watch and guess what the deals were, what the price was, etc.

[quote name='Genocidal']Tax killed it? Really? $12 for a game and both DLCs that retail for $60 (that's 80% off) is killed by tax that's going to be at most $1?[/QUOTE]
Man, you couldn't tell I was joking, lol? I was trying to rationalize missing the deal to myself.

[quote name='mc kage']yeah these flash deals during the middle of the day are bs honestly. I thought this would be a deal of the week or something, really wanted to try out koa.[/quote]
this!

..and I actually check from work like a few times during the day (work from 7am-7pm - in office. Work more at home, but I always check CAG deals page), so I hate that i missed this. I didn't even see it in this thread's OP, so it's more BS if you gotta watch FB & Twitter to see when a good deal is timed.

The thing with these gamespot deals is they actually tell you when the deal is. There was a timer showing when the show was about to start and the show runs a short 15-30 minutes? During that time, all 3 deals are presented so it was NOT some random time during the day so anyone could have watched it if they wanted to.

It's also the same time every week. I missed the last episode, but could've still bought the Darkness if I wanted to and skipped it, but I did watch this one live.

I'm pretty sure the Amalur deal would come back in November since it was already mentioned so I wouldn't worry about it.

The only thing I do worry about is if the price will be even LOWER actually!

Damn you Amazon, one thing I have been missing is they are now starting to run gold box deals 24 hours now (some starting at 12am...). I missed tracking a few already...damn, Amazon just sucks.

[quote name='twztid13']Man, you couldn't tell I was joking, lol? I was trying to rationalize missing the deal to myself.[/QUOTE]

D'oh, guess I fell for it, too ;) Well, here's hoping it come back for you buddy :)

I wanted the koa bundle... not upset that I missed it though... I don't have much free time for gaming... seems I spend more time buying games vs actually playing them

I missed the Amazon deal cause i was drinking with some friends :drool:...

Not mad i missed thought, but i'm going to be definitely piss off if the pricing on the deal of the week for KoA is higher, which i don't think it's gonna happen.

My problem with the steam summer sale wasn't the flash deals, my problem was that those deals were the same almost every day. If one game wasn't on the voting deal it was on the deal of the day or was a flash deal (SRTT being an example) and some other games never got discounted. There's no problem with the way the did it but they should add more games on the winter sale.

Pick up KoA yesterday. I had just got it last month for the 360 from Gamefly, but I think I'll just sell that now because this was a little cheaper and came with the two big pieces of DLC. Origin isn't an issue for me; I was against it at first, but I picked up BF3 for $10 and found that Origin is very easy to use. I don't find it intrusive or obstructive at all. Yeah, I'd prefer all the games to be on Steam, but I know it won't be that way with any future EA games. Might as well get used to Origin now.

[quote name='blehman']Pick up KoA yesterday. I had just got it last month for the 360 from Gamefly, but I think I'll just sell that now because this was a little cheaper and came with the two big pieces of DLC. Origin isn't an issue for me; I was against it at first, but I picked up BF3 for $10 and found that Origin is very easy to use. I don't find it intrusive or obstructive at all. Yeah, I'd prefer all the games to be on Steam, but I know it won't be that way with any future EA games. Might as well get used to Origin now.[/QUOTE]

Similar feelings on the issue as well. I did notice that Steam now can install games to any drive in your PC (no more SteamMover) which is one thing I thought Origin did right when I first installed it.

[quote name='twztid13']this!

..and I actually check from work like a few times during the day (work from 7am-7pm - in office. Work more at home, but I always check CAG deals page), so I hate that i missed this. I didn't even see it in this thread's OP, so it's more BS if you gotta watch FB & Twitter to see when a good deal is timed.[/QUOTE]
lol, I actually work while at work

[quote name='sunasun']lol, I actually work while at work[/QUOTE]
Pfftt... that money's going to games anyway so why not cut out the commuting? It's called "efficiency"!

[quote name='sunasun']lol, I actually work while at work[/QUOTE]

Your doing it wrong then...being good at your job is the ability to do everything you need to do that day in under an hour, so the other seven you can perfect the "damn I'm swamped" look while buying sh*t on Amazon and refreshing CAG

[quote name='mnuttster']Your doing it wrong then...being good at your job is the ability to do everything you need to do that day in under an hour, so the other seven you can perfect the "damn I'm swamped" look while buying sh*t on Amazon and refreshing CAG[/QUOTE]

Till your ass gets downsized because IT figured out what you are doing and your boss sees your lack of productivity.

[quote name='cheapbrokegamer']Till your ass gets downsized because IT figured out what you are doing and your boss sees your lack of productivity.[/QUOTE]

Sure, but that could happen to anyone...at least I know I enjoyed my time there as much as I could as opposed to working my ass off and getting laid off anyways.

Either way Amazon's gotten more of my "hard earned" dollars these days with all these awesome digital sales!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

Posted links to the Harry Batman promotion starting tomorrow.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Might want to add that they activate on Steam so you don't get a million questions about that (not that this would stop people). Nice deal though, probably would buy a few if I didn't have the Xbox versions.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']the OP says starting 11/3 (that's today), you might want to change that[/QUOTE]

[quote name='akmgmer']Might want to add that they activate on Steam so you don't get a million questions about that (not that this would stop people). Nice deal though, probably would buy a few if I didn't have the Xbox versions.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys, fixed :).

Cheers,
Tony

Wow, I totally missed the KOA deal because I was watching TMZ Live. Screw Harvey Levin and my embarrassing interest in the screwed up lives of celebs.

Anyway, I hope that deal shows up again. I have my money ready. That Lego deal looks good too. I love those Batman Lego games.

Wait wait wait wait.

Yesterday was the KoA sale?! I've been waiting on that sale ever since Tony announced it like 2+ weeks ago. I was expecting it to a be a weekly deal, not one of these newfangled black friday whateverthefucks.

PLEASE tell me this deal is coming back for a weekly or something in the near future. :mad:

[quote name='Mooby']It's EA. I won't deny it's a great deal but I don't feel like installing Origin when there's zero chance I'll ever want another EA game/other product that requires Origin.

Eventually they'll auction off 38's IP and there will be a sale on Steam. Not dying to play.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hal']The difference is that BF3 isn't offered on Steam whereas KOA definitely is. I think I'm going to pass on the deal for precisely that reason and I don't think it's all that crazy.

I don't hate Origin - I have games on there that were purchased through Amazon. However, those are EA games that either aren't offered on Steam or don't use any of the Steam features.

However, KOA does have Steam achievements - if you buy it through Steam.

I may regret passing one the deal as it's a great price, but I'm willing to wait this one out. Perhaps one day it'll end up getting pulled from Steam, in which case I'll happily buy it for Origin during Amazon's next KOA sale.[/QUOTE]

These (mostly). Good price, though, when it was available.

[quote name='RockyRan']Wait wait wait wait.

Yesterday was the KoA sale?! I've been waiting on that sale ever since Tony announced it like 2+ weeks ago. I was expecting it to a be a weekly deal, not one of these newfangled black friday whateverthefucks.

PLEASE tell me this deal is coming back for a weekly or something in the near future. :mad:[/QUOTE]
WHAT?!?! I didn't see anything about this. This is one of the few deals I was most looking forward to this holiday season! I keep an eye on this thread every single day, primarily for that deal, and didn't see anything about it. Did we seriously miss it...?

I don't mind the issues with Origin. I have three Origin accounts and after you use it to install the games, you never really have to worry about the client again. Steam is kind of an "always there" kind of thing, but Origin just exists on the drive after the games are installed.

That's just the way I look at it.

I'm just bummed that I missed out on the KoA deal. Bought the base game a few weeks ago (at $16.99 through Amazon) and now just have to make up my mind as to what the right price would be to get the DLC if the deal comes up again on Black Friday.

Fairly certain he said the limited time sales are testing ground for further promotions on another sale, so no need to worry about missing it.

[quote name='Corpekata']Fairly certain he said the limited time sales are testing ground for further promotions on another sale, so no need to worry about missing it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Tony said there was a likelihood the KoA would come back if it sold well. I assume this sold well.

On a related note, I still am trying to get rid of the KoA (Origin) base game. No offers of $4 please. Willing to trade too :)

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Yeah, Tony said there was a likelihood the KoA would come back if it sold well. I assume this sold well.

On a related note, I still am trying to get rid of the KoA (Origin) base game. No offers of $4 please. Willing to trade too :)[/QUOTE]

How does a copy of Legendary sound to you?

;)

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Yeah, Tony said there was a likelihood the KoA would come back if it sold well. I assume this sold well.

On a related note, I still am trying to get rid of the KoA (Origin) base game. No offers of $4 please. Willing to trade too :)[/QUOTE]
ok, how about 3.50 for the loch ness monster

$1.50 and some envelopes?

[quote name='Eldredpe']How does a copy of Legendary sound to you?

;)[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for some1 to want to trade DNF w/ him for KOA:R... :p

[quote name='MysterD']I'm waiting for some1 to want to trade DNF w/ him for KOA:R... :p[/QUOTE]

lol - if I didn't have DNF on PS3 I would consider it. Would much rather prefer a game I could play to some of the offers I've gotten...lol

Can anyone give me some background on these lego games?

Are they worth playing through even if I don't give a rats ass about harry potter?

I really dug the lego indiana jones/star wars games (but am more into the source material)

The Co-Op on Steam is their main draw to me. Anyone have any positive/negative experiences ?

EDIT:

So only HP years 5-7 is listed as online MP.

All the rest are only local Co-Op.

EDIT 2:

It also says on the HP 1-4 store pages online interactions not rated. Can an owner give me some insight here?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ojaybaby']Can anyone give me some background on these lego games?

Are they worth playing through even if I don't give a rats ass about harry potter?

I really dug the lego indiana jones/star wars games (but am more into the source material)[/QUOTE]

I'd say skip the Lego Harry Potter games if you aren't into the source material since the Lego games tend to follow the story of the movie pretty closely you will be scratching your head as to what's going on and it doesn't help that there is no voice acting in them at all. The fun in playing these games is seeing your favorite scenes from the movies acted out in lego form (at least for me) also the multiplayer aspect is great

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI guys the plan is to bring Amalur back again in November for at least a 24 hour sale, maybe longer :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Guess I'll be the guy who asks: Will you also be distributing the weapons and armor DLC this time around, or is that a no-go given the studio's situation?

And for those who are wondering: It's already been mentioned once or twice earlier in this thread that the core base game is great, and that the weapons and armor DLC is not that big a deal. I only asked because I'm a curious son of a gun :)

Can I buy two copies for Lego Batman 2 from Amazon on the same account? Will they supply me with different keys? I am looking to get one for me and gift one to a friend for co-op gaming.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Can I buy two copies for Lego Batman 2 from Amazon on the same account? Will they supply me with different keys? I am looking to get one for me and gift one to a friend for co-op gaming.[/QUOTE]

Yep, there will be two separate keys that show up in your account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back