Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, any chance Binary Domain will make it into the Editor's Choice list for super cheap so I can use my $5 credit? That and Condemned are the only ones currently I'm looking at, but I'd hate to let all my credits go to waste.

Hey Tony,

You said that it might be possible to offer steamkeys for Far Cry 3 if AC3 sells well.
How is it going with AC3 and what do you think for Far cry 3?

best regards

for those who did not get steam genesis classics
its no big deal

A
there is no steam overlay support anyway

B
if you own at least 1 rom on steam you can add the other roms too
in appropriate steam directory and will work just fine--but because of A thats next to useless anyway

sega emulator used is great so pack is highly recommended

[quote name='puffy']for those who did not get steam genesis classics
its no big deal

A

B
in appropriate steam directory and will work just fine--but because of A thats next to useless anyway

sega emulator used is great so pack is highly recommended[/QUOTE]

But part of the wanting something for Steam thing, at least for me, is to tie it to your Steam account for good so say you get a new computer or HD or reformat or whatever. Then it's just all tied to one account so less headaches and you don't have to go 'Wait, did I get that from Amazon or Gamersgate or Greenman or Gamestop or Gamefly or Getgames etc etc'.

I don't want to start any arguments because I know people in this thread historically have gotten all riled up over this issue and calling people lazy and what not. Well yes I am lazy fine I will accept that. Anyway it's just my personal preference.

If someone else wants them DRM free then that is certainly their right and I have no problems with that.

I do, however, think Amazon should provide Steam keys to those who recently purchased these games without them and actually would prefer to have the Steam keys.

[quote name='Motoki']But part of the wanting something for Steam thing, at least for me, is to tie it to your Steam account for good so say you get a new computer or HD or reformat or whatever. Then it's just all tied to one account so less headaches and you don't have to go 'Wait, did I get that from Amazon or Gamersgate or Greenman or Gamestop or Gamefly or Getgames etc etc'.

I don't want to start any arguments because I know people in this thread historically have gotten all riled up over this issue and calling people lazy and what not. Well yes I am lazy fine I will accept that. Anyway it's just my personal preference.

If someone else wants them DRM free then that is certainly their right and I have no problems with that.

I do, however, think Amazon should provide Steam keys to those who recently purchased these games without them and actually would prefer to have the Steam keys.[/QUOTE]

It's inevitable - you're going to have multiple different program-clients installed b/c companies are forcing different ones down our throats...
...i.e. Valve has Steam; EA uses Origin; Ubi uses UPlay; etc etc.

Keeping your installers somewhere based on where you bought them (on DVD disc; BR disc; another HDD; etc)
AND custom installing games to their own directory based on where you actually buy them should solve most of those confusion of "Where did I buy this game" issue.

It's how I do it & manage to keep everything in order.
{shrug}

i dont disagree
steam is easy and since steam version is drm free too surely its the better one in all aspects
I was just offering a heads up to people who already own non steam version from previous amazon sales

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Alright guys,

I took your feedback from the Black Friday sale and here's what we did:

ALL STEAM EXCEPT BILLY HATCHER AND THE GIANT EGG:

Total War Bundle + Viking - $23.75 - Contains:

[FONT=&quot]1.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Empire: Total War [Download] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Medieval II: Total War - Gold Edition [Download] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Napoleon: Total War Imperial Edition [Download] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Rome: Total War - Alexander (Expansion) [Download] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Rome: Total War - Gold Edition [Download] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Total War Battles: Shogun [Download] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Total War: SHOGUN 2 DLC - Rise of The Samurai Campaign [Online Game Code] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai [Download] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]9.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Total War: Shogun 2 [Download] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]10.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Viking Battle for Asgard [Download] [/FONT]

[/QUOTE]

It would be great if this pack is $19.99...please?!

[quote name='puffy']i dont disagree
steam is easy and since steam version is drm free too surely its the better one in all aspects
I was just offering a heads up to people who already own non steam version from previous amazon sales[/QUOTE]
Don't get things twisted - Steam is still a form of DRM.
Mild and more logical than most, sure - but it's still DRM, none-the-less.

Most Steam versions of games require one-time activation per PC via Steam (before you can run Offline Mode even); AND force Steam-client to boot/run along-side of your game when actually running the game.

[quote name='puffy']for those who did not get steam genesis classics
its no big deal

A

B

sega emulator used is great so pack is highly recommended[/QUOTE]

Eh, while these are true points I like having everything in one place, one download service, and those sweet sweet grid view icons without having to spelunk the internet for them.

[quote name='MysterD']Don't get things twisted - Steam is still a form of DRM.
Mild and more logical than most, sure - but it's still DRM, none-the-less.

Most Steam versions of games require one-time activation per PC via Steam (before you can run Offline Mode even); AND force Steam-client to boot/run along-side of your game when actually running the game.[/QUOTE]

The Sega Classics packs are DRM-free and can be run without Steam running.

[quote name='Genocidal']The Sega Classics packs are DRM-free and can be run without Steam running.[/QUOTE]

This, and you can also copy the game files into a pen and play the games anywhere

[quote name='Genocidal']The Sega Classics packs are DRM-free and can be run without Steam running.[/QUOTE]
Wait -- do you mean the Steam version itself?

I have VF2 (Genesis) from Sega Classics via Steam.
Let me check this!

EDIT 1:
I bought the others from Amazon DVG DRM-FREE during BF and I did install it into the Steam folder.

EDIT 2:
This was attempted w/out already running Steam.
Creating a shortcut via Steam program; close Steam; run that shortcut - it'll force a Steam boot.
Yup, I can verify this if you do the old "DRM-FREE w/ Folder Shortcut trick" for some Steam games - if you create a shortcut from Sega Genesis Classics folder, you can launch Sega Gen Classics w/out Steam running.
AWESOME.

[quote name='MysterD']Wait -- do you mean the Steam version itself?

Let me check this!

EDIT:
I bought the others from Amazon DVG DRM-FREE during BF and I did install it into the Steam folder.[/QUOTE]

There are some games on Steam that you can manually launch and wont require the Steam client to be running as well. I can't remember which ones but there was/is a list floating around somewhere with them.

[quote name='KaOTiK']There are some games on Steam that you can manually launch and wont require the Steam client to be running as well. I can't remember which ones but there was/is a list floating around somewhere with them.[/QUOTE]

If you could find that list, that'd be great of you to share it here! :D
Definitely would be worth bookmarking!

EDIT:
I recall some of the games, you just run the shortcut you create from game-folder and they won't boot Steam in the background (if Steam's closed).
Borderlands 1 (Steam version) didn't boot Steam in the background; some G4WL games bought from Steam don't as well (i.e. GTA4 +EFLC ; RFG; Fallout 3).

EDIT 2:
[quote name='Motoki']
I have vague recollections of seeing a 'games on Steam that can be run without the Steam client' list too but I can't for the life of me remember where the hell I saw it at. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]
If you stumble upon that list again, please share! :D
It'd be greatly appreciated.

[quote name='wilflare']hmm is the JSR in the Sega Bundle Amazon offered.. the same game GMG is selling now?[/QUOTE]

AFAIK it should be. There's only one version of the game as it uses Steamworks so I can't imagine what Amazon is selling is any different than what GMG is selling.

GMG has a good deal with the 66% off plus 30% off coupon if you just want Jet Set Radio and no other games, but if you want the other Dreamcast games too then Amazon has the better deal.

[quote name='MysterD']If you could find that list, that'd be great of you to share it here! :D
Definitely would be worth bookmarking![/QUOTE]

I have vague recollections of seeing a 'games on Steam that can be run without the Steam client' list too but I can't for the life of me remember where the hell I saw it at. :whistle2:(

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah, I wish we'd have had them earlier, again, in the future I'll try and make sure there's at least a month between running a bundle on promo without all Steam keys and then again with Steam keys, even if that difference in time is artificial.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]Is there any chance you could work something out with Sega where we could pay a bit of money and also get steam copies for the ones in the arcade pack that weren't steam?

I'd pay 2.50 for the 4 steam keys I didn't get :(

[quote name='MysterD']If you could find that list, that'd be great of you to share it here! :D
Definitely would be worth bookmarking!

EDIT:
I recall some of the games, you just run the shortcut you create from game-folder and they won't boot Steam in the background (if Steam's closed).
Borderlands 1 (Steam version) didn't boot Steam in the background; some G4WL games bought from Steam don't as well (i.e. GTA4 +EFLC ; RFG; Fallout 3).

EDIT 2:

If you stumble upon that list again, please share! :D
It'd be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Don't know how accurate or complete the list is, but doing a quick search I came across this list that a user on the GOG forums has.
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/list_of_drmfree_games_on_steam/post6

[quote name='KaOTiK']Don't know how accurate or complete the list is, but doing a quick search I came across this list that a user on the GOG forums has.
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/list_of_drmfree_games_on_steam/post6[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I think that was the list I was thinking of.

BTW when I scrolled down the replies one of them said:

Doing some more testing to add to your list :

Fable : The Lost Chapters
Sega Genesis / Megadrive Classics

So it does seem that the Genesis games are part of that situation, which makes getting the Steam version all the better because you have the option for both Steam or DRM free that way.

[quote name='MysterD']Wait -- do you mean the Steam version itself?

Yup, I can verify this if you do the old "DRM-FREE w/ Folder Shortcut trick" for some Steam games - if you create a shortcut from Sega Genesis Classics folder, you can launch Sega Gen Classics w/out Steam running.
AWESOME.[/QUOTE]

applies to many indies on steam as well

has nothing to do with shortcuts
exe is actually drm free and portable
these games work from usb stick too

no steam running works for all GFWL games too-exept games like dark souls which require both drm and are offered as steam version only

[quote name='MysterD']
Wait -- do you mean the Steam version itself?

Let me check this!

EDIT 1:
I bought the others from Amazon DVG DRM-FREE during BF and I did install it into the Steam folder.

EDIT 2:
This was attempted w/out already running Steam.
Creating a shortcut via Steam program; close Steam; run that shortcut - it'll force a Steam boot.
AWESOME.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks for that confirmation.

[quote name='Motoki']
Thank you! I think that was the list I was thinking of.

BTW when I scrolled down the replies one of them said:
So it does seem that the Genesis games are part of that situation, which makes getting the Steam version all the better because you have the option for both Steam or DRM free that way.[/QUOTE]

^_^ Dilemma solved.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Don't know how accurate or complete the list is, but doing a quick search I came across this list that a user on the GOG forums has.
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/list_of_drmfree_games_on_steam/post6[/QUOTE]

Ooh, nice, thanks!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']That's a new product page. The old one:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A6CS0OU

Will also be on sale for $4.99 at the same time.

We got Steam keys about 2 hours ago and scrambled to create the new bundles.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Will the individual Genesis game packs have any sort of discount?

I have the first four and would like the fifth one, but find $5 a little steep for just that pack.

Tony...think I asked this before/not sure if I missed the answer, but could we expect any group packs for Dead Space 3 or Bioshock Infinite?

Want to preorder these both...but wouldn't want to miss out on any group buy deals!

Thanks much!

[quote name='The End']I just realized that the 50 game bundle of Genesis games is different from the one you had a few months back with all the Genesis games included. In comparison to the previous bundle, this bundle is not only missing the Sonic games, but it's also missing the ToeJam & Earl games. I can understand that you wanna bundle all the sonic games together and so that's why they aren't included this time. But is there any chance that the Toejam & Earl games might get included again?[/QUOTE]

The Steam versions are also missing ToeJam & Earl and all Sonic games. They're available separately.

[quote name='Das_Regal']Is there any chance you could work something out with Sega where we could pay a bit of money and also get steam copies for the ones in the arcade pack that weren't steam?[/QUOTE]

The only game in the arcade pack that isn't Steam is Billy Hatcher... and it isn't available on Steam.

[quote name='hal']
The only game in the arcade pack that isn't Steam is Billy Hatcher... and it isn't available on Steam.[/QUOTE]

I think he meant for people who bought it the last go round (when it wasn't Steam) because he followed that statement up with "I'd pay 2.50 for the 4 steam keys I didn't get :("

Funny enough, I emailed support asking if I could exchange the non-Steam version of Condemned for the Steam one, and was told "No, but I just refunded your purchase."

What! I didn't ask for that! >.> Hopefully this works out...

[quote name='Motoki']I think he meant for people who bought it the last go round (when it wasn't Steam) because he followed that statement up with "I'd pay 2.50 for the 4 steam keys I didn't get :("[/QUOTE]Bingo!

[quote name='Idiotekque']Funny enough, I emailed support asking if I could exchange the non-Steam version of Condemned for the Steam one, and was told "No, but I just refunded your purchase."

What! I didn't ask for that! >.> Hopefully this works out...[/QUOTE]

Refund makes me think you'll just get your money back and keep the game. If they said exchanged or returned I'd be concerned.

Nope, they took the game. IMMEDIATELY too, lol. And I never downloaded the game or pushed the "show key" button, so yeah.

Now they're telling me I can rebuy the game if I want with the refund. That would be great... if I didn't buy the game for $3 on sale. >_> It's normally like $15.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Funny enough, I emailed support asking if I could exchange the non-Steam version of Condemned for the Steam one, and was told "No, but I just refunded your purchase."

Does Condemned (Non-Steam) have any DRM?

EDIT:
If it doesn't have DRM - even if they took a game out of your account, you likely already have downloaded a DRM-FREE installer that you can have where you want to keep (on another HDD, DVD, BR, flash drive, whatever) & could still install it at anytime without any issues.
In that sense - you'd STILL have the game.

[quote name='MysterD']Does Condemned (Non-Steam) have any DRM?

EDIT:
If it doesn't have DRM - even if they took a game out of your account, you likely already have downloaded a DRM-FREE installer that you can have where you want to keep (on another HDD, DVD, BR, flash drive, whatever) & could still install it at anytime without any issues.
In that sense - you'd STILL have the game.[/QUOTE]
Like I said above, I never installed it, lol.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Like I said above, I never installed it, lol.[/QUOTE]

Oh, man....I'm so oblivious, sometimes... :whistle2: x
Okay, maybe NUMEROUS times... :whistle2: x

Viking is the only game in there I don't own.

Was it going to get any base discount if I bought separately or only as part of a bundle?

[quote name='GamingKnight']Viking is the only game in there I don't own.

Was it going to get any base discount if I bought separately or only as part of a bundle?[/QUOTE]

Like to know this too as Condemned is the only game I want in that action pack bundle.

Is Toejam and Earl getting put on sale, as it not part of the Sega Classic Pack, and while sonic not part of it either, it has a seperate sale.

[quote name='hal']The Steam versions are also missing ToeJam & Earl and all Sonic games. They're available separately.

The only game in the arcade pack that isn't Steam is Billy Hatcher... and it isn't available on Steam.[/QUOTE]

The steam Genesis collection I've had for awhile (with first 4 packs), has all Sonic games.

Was this taken out later?

Amazon reps have done this a couple of time to me (not with games), and scary to know it happens with the games, too. I think it's due to the reps sometimes not understanding the language, or wanting to help so badly that they don't think the whole thing through (like you getting it on a deep discount which are unique to PC gaming, like many issues, most likely). I hope you get it fixed.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Nope, they took the game. IMMEDIATELY too, lol. And I never downloaded the game or pushed the "show key" button, so yeah.

Now they're telling me I can rebuy the game if I want with the refund. That would be great... if I didn't buy the game for $3 on sale. >_> It's normally like $15.[/QUOTE]

That's why my first rule of business is never, ever, ever talk to customer service about anything unless I absolutely, positively have to. It often doesn't go well and it's usually more trouble than it's worth.

[quote name='twztid13']Amazon reps have done this a couple of time to me (not with games), and scary to know it happens with the games, too. I think it's due to the reps sometimes not understanding the language, or wanting to help so badly that they don't think the whole thing through (like you getting it on a deep discount which are unique to PC gaming, like many issues, most likely). I hope you get it fixed.[/QUOTE]
I got another reply a bit earlier apologizing (for the third time I think, from the fourth different rep), and they credited $11 or so to my account to either buy the Steam version of the game (not on sale) or on anything else instead. That's nice.

A bit of a hassle, but all's well that ends well. That seems to be my general experience with Amazon so far. You're going to have to explain yourself multiple times and waste some time, but they're usually nice enough to work it out for you somehow.

[quote name='Necrotron']That's why my first rule of business is never, ever, ever talk to customer service about anything unless I absolutely, positively have to. It often doesn't go well and it's usually more trouble than it's worth.[/QUOTE]
Not a bad rule.

[quote name='Eldredpe']The steam Genesis collection I've had for awhile (with first 4 packs), has all Sonic games.

Was this taken out later?[/QUOTE]

Yes

That's interesting... I had to reply to the CSR and explicitly state that I wanted a refund. (After I bought the wrong Majesty bundle last week.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back