Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I just noticed that Sonic 1, 2, 3+Knuckles and CD are now Steam keys, thanks Tony, will surely pick them up to complete my collection come january 1st :D

[quote name='golfer']You could have gotten part 5 alone for 1.24 about a week ago. That and the pack you mentioned also had some sonic games and a few other extras.

I'm still disappointed the dreamcast pack now includes all steam games. Thinking of emailing CS to ask for some steam keys as the pack I bought a week ago did not include them.[/QUOTE]

crap wasted 3.75 o well wasted more then that. before

[quote name='slidecage']stupid quest but what is steam... i just got it and found out that you need stream to play them on,..

what makes stream so special[/QUOTE]

images

[quote name='slidecage']stupid quest but what is steam... i just got it and found out that you need stream to play them on,..

what makes stream so special[/QUOTE]

Nothing. It's a digital store with social features that acts as DRM for games.

[quote name='slidecage']paid 5 bucks for

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006J97RSO/ref=oh_d__o07_details_o07__i00

SEGA 48 PACK on march 2012 for 4.99

man

it did not include part 5

Phantasy Star 2
Phantasy Star 3
Phantasy Star 4

man i dont know if they are worth 5 bucks[/QUOTE]

I bought Tony's Sega Classics 5-Pack (DRM-FREE) around the time of the BF sale; and the Sonic Action Pack (Mixed DRM's).

I loved Phantasy Star 2, 3 and 4.
Good memories...

EDIT:
Streets of Rage games are awesome, too.

[quote name='golfer']You could have gotten part 5 alone for 1.24 about a week ago. That and the pack you mentioned also had some sonic games and a few other extras. [/QUOTE]

No, I think Pack Five wasn't on sale individually during the Black Friday sale. The other four packs were.

Too be honest TLDR it all, but to verify the Dreamcast pack is now all Steam keys instead of just JSR and the rest with some awful other scheme?

[quote name='amusedtoe']Too be honest TLDR it all, but to verify the Dreamcast pack is now all Steam keys instead of just JSR and the rest with some awful other scheme?[/QUOTE]

Yes. We are not amused...toe.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='The End']When Tony first posted the deals for this week, the Genesis pack was the first thing that jumped out at me. That was before I realized that it wasn't the same pack that they had a few months ago.

I think I'm gonna pass on this one for now. Sooner or later there will be a repeat of the last bundle that they did with the Sonic plus the Toejam & Earl games included. I'd even be willing yo pay a little bit more if they could get that done. I believe it was $7.50 when it was offered before. Of course, there were no steam keys with that version. But if Tony could do a steam and non-steam version with this bundle, I'm sure he could get steam keys for a repeat of the last bundle.[/QUOTE]
That'll never happen. I've been waiting for Sega to bundle the Sonic games in these packs (on Steam) for a very long time, and they've never done it. Those games are the only reason I've never bought the Genesis bundles there.

Or on Amazon. :(

Sorry Tony, you're awesome, Sega's the ones that are dicks.

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']That'll never happen. I've been waiting for Sega to bundle the Sonic games in these packs (on Steam) for a very long time, and they've never done it. Those games are the only reason I've never bought the Genesis bundles there.

Or on Amazon. :(

Sorry Tony, you're awesome, Sega's the ones that are dicks.[/QUOTE]

I can kind of understand that they would want to keep their best known and best selling IP outside of that huge 50 game pack at a near giveaway price (10 cents a game).

That said, it would be nice if there was a separate Sonic Genesis pack (and maybe throw in the Toejam and Earl games too) for those who either have or don't want the newer non-emulator Sonic games, but also might want to round out their Genesis collection.

[quote name='The Nephilim']Want Viking.. but own everything else. Gahhhh.[/QUOTE]

It'll hit $3.75 on its own eventually. Hold fast!

Guys, when you activate Sega Genesis Collection on Steam and download it, its DRM free. You can play it on all your computers without Steam. Just tested it. :)

So if I were to buy Dreamcast pack ($4.99) and Genesis pack ($4.99) I will get $10 promo credit for editor's choice game after January 1st? Which means I can get Hotline Miami for free ($9.99), or does credit applies once per game?

At the moment Dreamcast Pack + Genesis Pack + Hotline Miami for $10 seems mighty tempting.

[quote name='Genocidal']One key for each line item in the pack's description, so both the Dreamcast and Genesis packs come with 5 keys.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

$5 promo can only applied once per purchase. You would have Hotline Miami for $5 then a $5 coupon for something else.

IIRC, Breath of Death & Cthulhu Saves the World have been cheaper, $1 each, or $1 for both.

[quote name='dejeckt']So if I were to buy Dreamcast pack ($4.99) and Genesis pack ($4.99) I will get $10 promo credit for editor's choice game after January 1st? Which means I can get Hotline Miami for free ($9.99), or does credit applies once per game?

At the moment Dreamcast Pack + Genesis Pack + Hotline Miami for $10 seems mighty tempting.[/QUOTE]

My understanding is that it is one $5 credit per game.

Though if we're lucky, Hotline Miami might go on sale for $5 some time in January HINT HINT

:lol:

*Edit: Ninja by AK

[quote name='Motoki']My understanding is that it is one $5 credit per game.

Though if we're lucky, Hotline Miami might go on sale for $5 some time in January HINT HINT

:lol:

*Edit: Ninja by AK[/QUOTE]

This. Especially if we have the luck of Hotline Miami beinf one of the last daily deals of the winter sale (starts 21 december, ends 2 January) and we very kindly ask for a price match from tony :p

I find Hotline Miami to be an interesting mix of strategy and reflexes. I found the KB/M controls to be a little awkward. I prefer using a controller for twin-stick shooter like controls. (Though attack on RT rather than RB is a little awkard.) That said I tend to prefer controller for controller enabled games, e.g. Sleeping Dogs.

I'm curious what controls other CAGs are playing Hotline Miami with.

Ugh, just found out the hard way that there actually a similar looking Sega Genesis Collection on Amazon for $5 that didn't have Steam keys. Managed to get it refunded, but still becareful.

I'm ready to swoop down and acquire for $10 or less a lot of titles people probably already grabbed like Darksiders 2, Max Payne 3, Dark Souls, etc. Gotta be ultra cheap!

It'd be mighty fine if The Walking Dead went on sale in January. :p

I doubt I'll have more than $15 to spend on any one game (including the promotional credit).

[quote name='Rirse']Ugh, just found out the hard way that there actually a similar looking Sega Genesis Collection on Amazon for $5 that didn't have Steam keys. Managed to get it refunded, but still becareful.[/QUOTE]

Generally, it's best to use the links in the OP or Tony's posts to avoid such issues.

[quote name='asheskitty']I find Hotline Miami to be an interesting mix of strategy and reflexes. I found the KB/M controls to be a little awkward. I prefer using a controller for twin-stick shooter like controls. (Though attack on RT rather than RB is a little awkard.) That said I tend to prefer controller for controller enabled games, e.g. Sleeping Dogs.

I'm curious what controls other CAGs are playing Hotline Miami with.[/QUOTE]

I had no problems playing Hotline Miami with a KB/M to completion, especially since the controls are really simple you only use WASD keys, Space bar and the Mouse. I never felt that it was the games fault when I failed a level, the controls always felt tight and precise.

[quote name='TommyLove']So many great bundles and so many deals. I wish they offer these to console gamers.[/QUOTE]

Console games always cost more. One of the biggest benefits of PC gaming is the price.
If you want cheap games, then you need a PC

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='asheskitty']$5 promo can only applied once per purchase. You would have Hotline Miami for $5 then a $5 coupon for something else.

IIRC, Breath of Death & Cthulhu Saves the World have been cheaper, $1 each, or $1 for both.[/QUOTE]

well they are 1.50 each now dont know to grab them or wait and see if they fall to 1 for both... when was the last time they were that cheap cause i think the 1.00 for both was like 2011

[quote name='Motoki']I can kind of understand that they would want to keep their best known and best selling IP outside of that huge 50 game pack at a near giveaway price (10 cents a game).

That said, it would be nice if there was a separate Sonic Genesis pack (and maybe throw in the Toejam and Earl games too) for those who either have or don't want the newer non-emulator Sonic games, but also might want to round out their Genesis collection.[/QUOTE]
Sega included all the Sonic and Toe Jam games in the retail Genesis Collection packages. But not on digital stores.

So yeah, it's just greed. :p

[quote name='Mooby']I'm ready to swoop down and acquire for $10 or less a lot of titles people probably already grabbed like Darksiders 2, Max Payne 3, Dark Souls, etc. Gotta be ultra cheap![/QUOTE]

DS2, BL2, DS for $5 plox

[quote name='LazyTriangle']I had no problems playing Hotline Miami with a KB/M to completion, especially since the controls are really simple you only use WASD keys, Space bar and the Mouse. I never felt that it was the games fault when I failed a level, the controls always felt tight and precise.[/QUOTE]

Funny thing for me, when I first started Hotline Miami I figured I'd just use the controller for this type of game. Found it very frustrating and tried the kb/m and I haven't went back. Controls much better with kb/m imo

If anyone is buying the Sega Arcade Pack that includes Virtua Tennis 4, send me a pm if you're willing to part ways with it...it's the only game in the pack i'm interested in, and it's not offered a la carte at a discount.

[quote name='slidecage']anyone play

Breath of death 7 and cthiiul saves the world

worth 3 bucks for both?[/QUOTE]

From a gameplay standpoint yes, from a price standpoint no because it's been $2 during several sales.

[quote name='asheskitty']Generally, it's best to use the links in the OP or Tony's posts to avoid such issues.[/QUOTE]

Plus, then Cheapy gets his cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back