Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sunghost']Hell Yeah is now showing up at the pricematched price, still waiting for the Pimp My Rabbit DLC to show up correctly though, and the Magicka DLC is full price.[/QUOTE]

If it's below $1 we won't be matching FYI.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']If it's below $1 we won't be matching FYI.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Wait what? I thought the policy was that you wouldn't match anything below $0.50? Has that changed, or is it a special case for this sale? Not that I mind, just wondering.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
The hamsters are having a tough couple of days...I brought them out on the town on Friday and a few of them must still be recovering.

Seriously though, the matches are in place, I'm going to bug someone about why they aren't displaying right now.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks, sir!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']If it's below $1 we won't be matching FYI.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Possible compromise: just reduce it to the lowest price point you're willing to go to? $0.99 or whatever?

[quote name='sunghost']Wait what? I thought the policy was that you wouldn't match anything below $0.50? Has that changed, or is it a special case for this sale? Not that I mind, just wondering.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I picked up some civ v dlc for .74 cents just the other week

Meh, no such thing as 'abuse' for a pre-planned promotion they didn't exclude things from. And, in the end, just acts as an incentive to make people buy more stuff from Amazon.

[quote name='Mooby']Meh, no such thing as 'abuse' for a pre-planned promotion they didn't exclude things from. And, in the end, just acts as an incentive to make people buy more stuff from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, I could see people who racked up a bunch of these things for little DLC and crap like that then going and getting a whole mess of copies for whatever game they could get a Steam key on for $5 and posting them up on Steamgifts or even trading, selling, holding on to them for later.

Maybe not abuse per say in that the system allows for it but I could definitely see where people could exploit it, particularly on the $5 or less items.

Yeah I suppose you could have some people turn it into a cottage industry but you could solve that with a limit 1 or 2 with the January promotions. Not limiting the number of codes you could use in total just the number of copies per a given game you could use them on.

Now, I'm not going to lie. If there's some cheap piece of DLC available for a game I want you bet your booty I'm going to buy it off of Amazon, pocket the code, and use it on another game I want in January. Anything less would be contrary to the tenements of being a true cheapass! Re: Amazon's price-matching policy I certainly understand there are limitations but I would prefer them to be (if possible) outlined before hand so at the very least I don't have to annoy Tony with requests that are 'out of bounds/beyond the policy.' As sunghost mentioned, last time the line was at $0.50 now it's apparently at $1.00. I don't have a problem with that but, again, it would be nice to have a reliable guideline. And, even then, if the rules prevent a true price match, then just go to the lowest you're willing to go. I actually ended up paying $1.25 more for the Silvefall games via Amazon as opposed to buying the bundle on Steam because of the promo codes. Is that gaming the system? Sure. But hey, it is money Amazon wouldn't otherwise have. And while viewed individually it's a trivial amount you have to consider the seller's end where they are receiving multiple transactions so even a dollar on the margin adds up.

[quote name='sunghost']That's odd, when did you buy it? Maybe this happened very recently.[/QUOTE]
Within a few hours of the deal going live.

Tony,

Another proposed solution: Offer DLC bundles at discounts. Example: I know myself and several other people have been wanting Warlock DLC discounted but in a couple of instances it would drop them past the $1 floor. Simply sell a mini-pack of ALL of the Warlock DLC for a price that effectively matches the additive total of a 75% off (or whatever discount). That way the buyer can grab something they want from Amazon plus the bonus of a code and Amazon will still be within their policy an prevent and over saturation of promo codes.

For Hell Yeah Amazon could offer the Bonus Levels DLC + Pimp My Rabbit DLC for a little over $2.00 -- consumer gets the 75% discount price matched off of Steam plus a promo code and Amazon prevents excess codes being gamed by picky buyers.

Hey Tony,

I bought Race 07 from Amazon during the BF Week. Based on the two angry reviews, my bet was that it activated on Steam and it certainly did. However, it's still not mentioned anywhere on the page:

http://www.amazon.com/Layernet-41074Race-0711-Race-Download/dp/B008BLPHBM/

I can confirm that the download from Amazon is only the Steam key, so Steam is required.

Also, STCC also from Layernet is listed as a seperate game on Amazon and no mention of Steam anywhere:

http://www.amazon.com/Layernet-41074CC-The-Game13-Download/dp/B008BLPJ56/

but on Steam it's listed as an add-on that requires Race 07:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/8690/

I didn't buy STCC, but I bet your download is also just a Steam key and if so you might get another couple of angry customers trying to activate on Steam but not having Race 07. I'd suggest a check with your back office on those two titles (or maybe revise the whole Layernet catalog).

[quote name='Mooby']Tony,

Another proposed solution: Offer DLC bundles at discounts. Example: I know myself and several other people have been wanting Warlock DLC discounted but in a couple of instances it would drop them past the $1 floor. Simply sell a mini-pack of ALL of the Warlock DLC for a price that effectively matches the additive total of a 75% off (or whatever discount). That way the buyer can grab something they want from Amazon plus the bonus of a code and Amazon will still be within their policy an prevent and over saturation of promo codes.

For Hell Yeah Amazon could offer the Bonus Levels DLC + Pimp My Rabbit DLC for a little over $2.00 -- consumer gets the 75% discount price matched off of Steam plus a promo code and Amazon prevents excess codes being gamed by picky buyers.[/QUOTE]

Vey nice solution Mooby!

[quote name='LazyTriangle']Shank 2 has been price matched

EDIT: its the Origin and the not steam version :([/QUOTE]

Bah! Was going to jump but I won't install Origin just for Shank 2.

[quote name='Motoki']Does DLC still give a $5 voucher? If so that's kind of nuts.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mooby']Meh, no such thing as 'abuse' for a pre-planned promotion they didn't exclude things from. And, in the end, just acts as an incentive to make people buy more stuff from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Motoki']I don't know, I could see people who racked up a bunch of these things for little DLC and crap like that then going and getting a whole mess of copies for whatever game they could get a Steam key on for $5 and posting them up on Steamgifts or even trading, selling, holding on to them for later.

Maybe not abuse per say in that the system allows for it but I could definitely see where people could exploit it, particularly on the $5 or less items.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mooby']Yeah I suppose you could have some people turn it into a cottage industry but you could solve that with a limit 1 or 2 with the January promotions. Not limiting the number of codes you could use in total just the number of copies per a given game you could use them on.

Now, I'm not going to lie. If there's some cheap piece of DLC available for a game I want you bet your booty I'm going to buy it off of Amazon, pocket the code, and use it on another game I want in January. Anything less would be contrary to the tenements of being a true cheapass! Re: Amazon's price-matching policy I certainly understand there are limitations but I would prefer them to be (if possible) outlined before hand so at the very least I don't have to annoy Tony with requests that are 'out of bounds/beyond the policy.' As sunghost mentioned, last time the line was at $0.50 now it's apparently at $1.00. I don't have a problem with that but, again, it would be nice to have a reliable guideline. And, even then, if the rules prevent a true price match, then just go to the lowest you're willing to go. I actually ended up paying $1.25 more for the Silvefall games via Amazon as opposed to buying the bundle on Steam because of the promo codes. Is that gaming the system? Sure. But hey, it is money Amazon wouldn't otherwise have. And while viewed individually it's a trivial amount you have to consider the seller's end where they are receiving multiple transactions so even a dollar on the margin adds up.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mooby']Tony,

For Hell Yeah Amazon could offer the Bonus Levels DLC + Pimp My Rabbit DLC for a little over $2.00 -- consumer gets the 75% discount price matched off of Steam plus a promo code and Amazon prevents excess codes being gamed by picky buyers.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Garbanzo']Vey nice solution Mooby![/QUOTE]

Yeah we're looking at solutions like that Mooby. Bundles take a bit of lead time to create though.

The reason we don't outline stuff beforehand is because there is so much variance, the outline would be more like a novel.

Cheers,
Tony

Gotcha. Thanks for the reply. Good to see you're on the case -- would love to see some DLC bundles at the end of December if possible.

[quote name='Patch517']So I'm just gonna go ahead and assume Arkham City Goty is dead in the water at this point.[/QUOTE]

Negative, it'll be up this week or next and I have it suggested as part of our Holiday Promo.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Garbanzo']Hey Tony,

I bought Race 07 from Amazon during the BF Week. Based on the two angry reviews, my bet was that it activated on Steam and it certainly did. However, it's still not mentioned anywhere on the page:

http://www.amazon.com/Layernet-41074Race-0711-Race-Download/dp/B008BLPHBM/

I can confirm that the download from Amazon is only the Steam key, so Steam is required.

Also, STCC also from Layernet is listed as a seperate game on Amazon and no mention of Steam anywhere:

http://www.amazon.com/Layernet-41074CC-The-Game13-Download/dp/B008BLPJ56/

but on Steam it's listed as an add-on that requires Race 07:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/8690/

I didn't buy STCC, but I bet your download is also just a Steam key and if so you might get another couple of angry customers trying to activate on Steam but not having Race 07. I'd suggest a check with your back office on those two titles (or maybe revise the whole Layernet catalog).[/QUOTE]

AFAIK the Race games all require Steam no matter where you get them from. I know for a fact 07 does and pretty sure STCC does too because GMG notes it as being Steam required.

Honestly, for older already existing game entries to get Amazon to put the DRM in correctly I think is an uphill battle that probably is not going to happen.

I think we just have to accept that Amazon now (I hope) recognizes the need that gamers must know the DRM and/or client (and also want to be informed if there isn't any) to make a purchase and hopefully will be entering that information in going forward.

For the older and existing pages I think the best thing to do is like you said check the reviews and see if anyone is bitching about it requiring Steam. That's what I do.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Negative, it'll be up this week or next and I have it suggested as part of our Holiday Promo.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Nice, thanks!

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Bought hell yeah but didn't get a promo credit email hrmmmmmm[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sunghost']Same here, thought it was just me.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I ordered the DLC as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sunghost']Same here, thought it was just me.[/QUOTE]

Hear that? Sounds like Paddington laughing to the bank!

[quote name='Motoki']AFAIK the Race games all require Steam no matter where you get them from. I know for a fact 07 does and pretty sure STCC does too because GMG notes it as being Steam required.

Honestly, for older already existing game entries to get Amazon to put the DRM in correctly I think is an uphill battle that probably is not going to happen.

I think we just have to accept that Amazon now (I hope) recognizes the need that gamers must know the DRM and/or client (and also want to be informed if there isn't any) to make a purchase and hopefully will be entering that information in going forward.

For the older and existing pages I think the best thing to do is like you said check the reviews and see if anyone is bitching about it requiring Steam. That's what I do.[/QUOTE]

Well, I know Amazon is not 100% up to date with the DRM info, but in the case of STCC, if it flat out requires Race 07 then it should be noted.

Get some grad student or something to update all this crap. Hell, hire me, get me a VPN and I'll do it ;-)

Seriously, I worked 10 years in purchasing for one of the largest computer distributors and part of my responsibility was making sure that the product info was correct, especially when visible to end users on the web. I guess it's an occupational hazard that it sticks out like a sore thumb to me :)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Wait... you guys aren't getting promo credits? On anything other than Hell Yeah?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Is there some way for us to check whether the promo codes are being applied? (Other than counting how many of the relevant emails we have received, that is.)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Wait... you guys aren't getting promo credits? On anything other than Hell Yeah?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Hell Yeah is the only thing I've purchased today, so I can't say for sure. I bought the Dreamcast pack and the Genesis bundle yesterday and got credit emails for both of those.

Please tell Paddington to stop stealing our credits!

[quote name='sunghost']Hell Yeah is the only thing I've purchased today, so I can't say for sure. I bought the Dreamcast pack and the Genesis bundle yesterday and got credit emails for both of those.

Please tell Paddington to stop stealing our credits![/QUOTE]

Paddington isn't stealing credits lol :). I've got a pretty sweet red exclamation point email ready to roll.

Cheers,
Tony

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I received my promo credit.

[quote name='Motoki']Wait, didn't you originally buy the non-Steam version then complained when the Steam version came out, got a refund and got the Steam version? Now you are complaining about that?[/quote]
Nope, bought a non-Steam version of Condemned thinking Amazon simply didn't carry the Steam version, then the Steam version popped up.

I just sent CS an email asking if it would be possible to exchange it (since I never pushed the "show key" button and whatnot), expecting them just to say yes or no. Instead the guy says "No, but I refunded your purchase and removed the game from your account."

Bit of a language barrier there. >_>

[quote name='Motoki']If all else fails I can live with 1280x720, which by the way is 16:9 (aka widescreen) the same aspect ratio as 1920x1080. Hell there's some adventure games I play in 640x480. It's somewhat to be expected with some older games. You can always do a stretch to fit full screen option in your video card settings.[/QUOTE]
And I wish that were true, but apparently the Steam version is not true 1024x720 (and I meant 1024, not 1280). It's scaled 1024x720 from 640x480. I really am not sure what that means, but it equals really terrible picture quality that looks nothing like 1024x720.

It's explained better on the Sonic forum post that I linked. There's also an example picture there that is completely true to what it looks like in game.

The Dreamcast pack is still an awesome deal, just not if you're buying it mostly for SADX.

[quote name='sunghost']Hell Yeah is the only thing I've purchased today, so I can't say for sure. I bought the Dreamcast pack and the Genesis bundle yesterday and got credit emails for both of those.

Please tell Paddington to stop stealing our credits![/QUOTE]

Same here...typically I get an email explaining the $5 promo credit after every DVG purchase...unfortunately there isn't an easy way to tell if we did get it. All the promo credits stack...like the 9.99 for the 25 Runescape Squeel of fortune credits I got....so you can only see a lump total...it isnt broken down individually.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Bought Hell Yeah & Dlc and Sine Mora, didn't get any promo credit email

What ever happened to the "adventure game" bundles like the Black Mirror/Gray Matter bundle (May and April of this year according to my purchase history), then there was talk of the Nancy Drew games being bundled. I ask because I remember Tony saying that the publisher was actually impressed with the sales (enough that it was bundled twice as I recall). Any news on that front?

Lol, you can all be my assistant right now if you want to help out.

If you ordered something and didn't get a $5 promo email, please PM me your order ID so I can have the team look at it.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Lol, you can all be my assistant right now if you want to help out.

If you ordered something and didn't get a $5 promo email, please PM me your order ID so I can have the team look at it.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

PM'd you.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Lol, you can all be my assistant right now if you want to help out.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

PM Sent

[quote name='walkonshadows']What ever happened to the "adventure game" bundles like the Black Mirror/Gray Matter bundle (May and April of this year according to my purchase history), then there was talk of the Nancy Drew games being bundled. I ask because I remember Tony saying that the publisher was actually impressed with the sales (enough that it was bundled twice as I recall). Any news on that front?[/QUOTE]

The same bundles were on sale again for BF week, but didn't see any new ones.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

My Sega Classics credit came through fine earlier today but the Hell Yeah + DLC did not. I will pm you the order info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back