Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I kinda hope it doesn't fall too fast. That would mean sales were really bad. Which would mean it's less likely that we'll ever see another Hitman game made.

I'm cheap enough to wait until it hits $10 or less. But I'm big picture enough to hope that it takes a while for it to hit my price point.

[quote name='jefexp']Had my eye on Hitman for a while now but i'm new to the series. $30 a good price?
or should i wait for the inevitable steam sale discount..[/QUOTE]

If you want it in December, I suspect the best deal will be $25 or this price of $30. If I wanted it in December, I'd probably hit the $30 and not fret the $5 if it winds up there during the Christmas portion of the Steam Sale. But I think the $30 is the lowest it'll go this year.

If you are patient and don't need the game this year, then I'd say wait. It'll go lower within six months, if not three. Square-Enix has a tendency to drop their prices, there are a lot of Hitman keys floating around with the AMD promo for video cards, and games already like to drop on their own anyway within six months. Pour all these factors into a pot, stir, and then add a dash of, "Hitman isn't a HUGE franchise compared to other games."

POOF! You've got low pricing in a few months time.

[quote name='indef']Yeah, think that deal was during BFweek.

Mostly. 360 controller works for gameplay, analog sticks and everything, but it doesn't always work in the menu system, so you need to use a mouse to select stuff like "new game" or mess around with the stats and options.

And rosters still get updated regularly by users, although the community is slowly dwindling.[/QUOTE]

Appreciate it, I'm just gonna pass actually. seems like more trouble than its worth

Grabbed Hitman at this price. Like everyone else I'm sure, I've got a backlog that makes this purchase unnecessary, but I wanted to support the developers at a price that I could afford.

Thanks Tony!

Hitman is pretty awesome if you are into the stealth games. Its not a flawless game, but I got a ton of enjoyment out of it. Just finally uninstalled last night but got more than 40 hours of gameplay out of it including 2 complete runs, many of the challenges (probably only did half of them), and 100% of the achievements.

Its also got a lot of online features including the contracts mode which I didn't fool around with but adds even more re-playability to it. One final note, I do own the professional edition but wouldn't recommend it. The in-game items are pointless, the PDF art book is OK if you like looking at PDF art books and the 1 HR making of video is interesting (but not worth $10).

[quote name='unknown0']Did Tony say whether Amazon was going to match Gamefly's price of The Walking Dead?[/QUOTE]

Actually I am more curious if Tony can let us know what the January sale price for TWD will be, especially with the $5 credit most of us have? Otherwise this is the lowest price this game has ever been ($10 after coupon).

[quote name='espy605']Actually I am more curious if Tony can let us know what the January sale price for TWD will be, especially with the $5 credit most of us have? Otherwise this is the lowest price this game has ever been ($10 after coupon).[/QUOTE]

He isn't going to let you know that. You just have to guesstimate and assume he will match any price Steam has it at during the last few days of its Winter Sale -- also keeping in mind he only matches dailies and not flash deals.

[quote name='espy605']Actually I am more curious if Tony can let us know what the January sale price for TWD will be, especially with the $5 credit most of us have? Otherwise this is the lowest price this game has ever been ($10 after coupon).[/QUOTE]

I'm curious if Tony has a TWD: The Game sale that'll top this GameFly ($12.49 before coupon; $10 after coupon) deal anytime soon...

Any plans soon, Tony?

Tony,

I know you don't price match Gamer's Gate but I would love to see something like this for the Defenders of Ardania Collection (will probably expire before you see it but $3.25 for the base game + two DLC) on Amazon for the upcoming promotions you are planning. Not as part of a super duper deluxe pack with half a dozen other games but a nice a la carte with a tasty side of DLC bundled together.

[quote name='The End']Yeah, I kinda hope it doesn't fall too fast. That would mean sales were really bad. Which would mean it's less likely that we'll ever see another Hitman game made.

I'm cheap enough to wait until it hits $10 or less. But I'm big picture enough to hope that it takes a while for it to hit my price point.[/QUOTE]

I have been amazed at the speed of price drops this year. Probably a reflection of a bad year in overall gaming sales (aside from digital distribution, which has been growing at a steady clip).

I remember around a month ago I suggested to Tony that for BF he should ask Telltale to price Walking Dead at $10. If I remember correctly, Tony told me he wouldn't even ask -- I think implying that it might be insulting to the developer b/c of all the praise for the game.

And now, a couple weeks after BF, right after Spike's GOTY televised award, and well before the Winter Sale, here is Walking Dead at $10.

Of course, now I'm waiting for WD to hit $5 ;)

[quote name='nategator']I have been amazed at the speed of price drops this year. Probably a reflection of a bad year in overall gaming sales (aside from digital distribution, which has been growing at a steady clip).

I remember around a month ago I suggested to Tony that for BF he should ask Telltale to price Walking Dead at $10. If I remember correctly, Tony told me he wouldn't even ask -- I think implying that it might be insulting to the developer b/c of all the praise for the game.

And now, a couple weeks after BF, right after Spike's GOTY televised award, and well before the Winter Sale, here is Walking Dead at $10.

Of course, now I'm waiting for WD to hit $5 ;)[/QUOTE]

Well, the full picture is that at the time you asked the full game had not even been released and was still selling very well. Now the last episode has been out for about a month now and I assume Telltale feels it's maximized it's sales since the show also just went on hiatus. And technically the price is $12.50, the extra $2.50 off is a Gamefly coupon which I assume they are eating as a cost of business/advertising component.

[quote name='nategator']I have been amazed at the speed of price drops this year. Probably a reflection of a bad year in overall gaming sales (aside from digital distribution, which has been growing at a steady clip).

Or you can wait for the Humble Telltale Bundle :bouncy:

[quote name='sunasun']Or you can wait for the Humble Telltale Bundle :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

If you look at Telltale pricing of their games on Steam, they rarely get to $10 or below, so I was shocked that TWD has already hit this level of pricing.

That is something I doubt you will see.

Telltale, if the past is any indication, tends to not go rock bottom with their pricing, like, ever.

$6.50 -$10 range will probably be where TWD lives for the foreseeable future, just like it's been for Sam & Max, Monkey Island, BttF, etc.

Ah, but TWD is in the Editor's Choice list, so if it hits $12.50 again in January... or even $10... we'll be able to get it for $5-7.50.

I think that's the price I can live with in light of the save game issues.

[quote name='Eldredpe']That is something I doubt you will see.

Telltale, if the past is any indication, tends to not go rock bottom with their pricing, like, ever.

$6.50 -$10 range will probably be where TWD lives for the foreseeable future, just like it's been for Sam & Max, Monkey Island, BttF, etc.[/QUOTE]

Eh, it's kind of happened before.

Their entire Sam & Max series (Seasons 1, 2 and 3) have sold as a bundle on Steam for $14.99 before, which basically amounts to $5 a season. GOG has also had Back to the Future for $4.99 and Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventure for $3.99. And I know they've sold Telltale bundles in the past where each game basically amounts to around $5 each when you buy the entire bundle. So technically they have done it before.

[quote name='espy605']If you look at Telltale pricing of their games on Steam, they rarely get to $10 or below, so I was shocked that TWD has already hit this level of pricing.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing that's changing - witness the TT games that are showing up in the Indie Royale bundles. Not the latest games obviously, but still...

Amazon doesn't price match GMG right? It's being a little bitch and won't let me buy Dead Island.

Any deals on Dead Island goty coming up?

[quote name='Patch517']Amazon doesn't price match GMG right? It's being a little bitch and won't let me buy Dead Island.

Any deals on Dead Island goty coming up?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, they refuse to price match GMG, GG, or GGG (so many 'g's). Not that it really matters now - the price has gone back up again.

[quote name='Patch517']Amazon doesn't price match GMG right? It's being a little bitch and won't let me buy Dead Island.

Any deals on Dead Island goty coming up?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i need toy buy 2 copies of Dead Island GOTY, im waiting for the price to drop again here

[quote name='BMXJouster']Eh, it's kind of happened before.

Their entire Sam & Max series (Seasons 1, 2 and 3) have sold as a bundle on Steam for $14.99 before, which basically amounts to $5 a season. GOG has also had Back to the Future for $4.99 and Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventure for $3.99. And I know they've sold Telltale bundles in the past where each game basically amounts to around $5 each when you buy the entire bundle. So technically they have done it before.[/QUOTE]

Yes and Sam and Max S 2 was in the Great Adventure Bundle 2010 (which is where that copy of Puzzle Agent I was sure I had somewhere was lurking). It was an expensive bundle at $20, but it included these games, Jack Keane, and the Kings Quest Collection.

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delayed responses yesterday, things got nuts.

In answer to your question about Dead Island GOTY, yes we'll have it on sale during digital holiday. $5.69 is the price we're looking at.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

Sorry for the delayed responses yesterday, things got nuts.

In answer to your question about Dead Island GOTY, yes we'll have it on sale during digital holiday. $5.69 is the price we're looking at.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

That's an odd price. Are they being hardass about the extra 70 cents to go down to $4.99?

[quote name='Eddy898']That's an odd price. Are they being hardass about the extra 70 cents to go down to $4.99?[/QUOTE]
Whatever the reason, it's 70c too much for me. ;)

It's all Steamworks, so there's no reason to pass up that deal unless you want another $5 coupon here on Amazon.

I think I have 7 or 8... so...

@Tony: Are you going to have the Dead Island DLC on sale? I've been waiting ages for a sale on that since I already have the base game...

[quote name='Mooby']I wish they just repeated the code system. Wonder why they ditched it.[/QUOTE]
Probably to make sure that only the person who 'earned' the code can use it.

[quote name='Idiotekque']It's not really that hard. I just save all the emails I get for the coupons in their own email folder. Problem solved.[/QUOTE]
One of my purchases was refunded, (after I accidentally bought a non-Steam version of a bundle,) so I don't know if the code from that purchase will work.

[quote name='twztid13']Try disabling SLI in the Nvidia Control Panel & starting the game up & see if it's an SLI issue with it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I did that downloaded the harry potter same thing. on the tv screen it says mode not supported. Could the issue be I need an hcdp tv? I am stumped TIA

I believe Tony said they weren't matching GameFly because they have their own deals with that publisher coming up soon or something. That's usually the reason behind not matching when it's a US company like GameFly.

[quote name='mtommy79']Velvet Assassin $1.25

DRM-free i believe but it comes with a $5 credit that can be used in January.[/QUOTE]

One of the reviews on the Amazon product listing:

Steam infected. This is not stated on the box. The only statement is "internet connection required for product activation." I find it horribily ironic that Southpeak created a game supposedly honoring a woman who risked her life to fight fascism, yet they choose to secretly use the Gestapo that is Steam to "protect" it. I refuse to allow Steam to become my dictator. Southpeak, why don't you send me a postage paid mailer, and I'll send this thing back to you, unplayed. How's that for protection? No secret why PC gaming is going downhill. This game goes in the garbage.

[quote name='kataztrophik']One of the reviews on the Amazon product listing:[/QUOTE]
That's for the boxed version - it doesn't apply to the DDL version.

I'd grab it if I didn't already get it from Groupees for cheaper. Seems to be a pretty good game, for the price and if you're into that sort of thing. Can't say much since I haven't installed it yet.

Is Battlefield Premium Edition on sale because of a price match?? How much time is this offer going to last? Anyone knows?

[quote name='G_freemanX']Is Battlefield Premium Edition on sale because of a price match?? How much time is this offer going to last? Anyone knows?[/QUOTE]

It's $40?...its been $40 before. was $30 during BF

[quote name='MC Kage']It's $40?...its been $40 before. was $30 during BF[/QUOTE]
Yes, i know, but anyone knows for how much time its going to be for $39.99?

[quote name='G_freemanX']Yes, i know, but anyone knows for how much time its going to be for $39.99?[/QUOTE]

Till the price changes! ^_~ Seriously though, if it's not in the OP we really have no idea how long that price will hold. Amazon changes prices more often than politicians change positions, just check camelcamelcamel if you need evidence of that.

I want to drop money for The Walking Dead ($10) and Xcom ($20) on gamefly SO bad, normally I feel like dropping something this bad after couple of hours of drinking coffee with bad creamer.

Someone please convince me otherwise! PLEASE! as I have a shameful backlog of games.

Make yourself a nice little rule like I do: Never pay more than $10 for a game. Never pay more than $5 for a Telltale game. There you are!

[quote name='Zakart']I want to drop money for The Walking Dead ($10) and Xcom ($20) on gamefly SO bad, normally I feel like dropping something this bad after couple of hours of drinking coffee with bad creamer.

Someone please convince me otherwise! PLEASE! as I have a shameful backlog of games.[/QUOTE]

Don't listen to Mooby. Those are the 2 best games I played this year without question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back