Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nategator']Yikes! $15 for Alice Complete?!?! I know nostalgia and all for the original title but we're talking about a game selling for $5 in June combined with a game from 2000.[/QUOTE]
Plus DLC outfits/weapons!

[quote name='Syntax Error']Plus DLC outfits/weapons![/QUOTE]

Eh, those are in the regular version too. Just need to edit one of the config files, which takes a few seconds. I'm hoping Amazon adds a seperate entry for the original Alice game, but I'm guessing it's not possible.

Tony, are we seeing Sleeping Dogs on sale this holiday? It's been 66-75% off on plenty of sites, would love to see that on Amazon too!

Hi Tony, are these games going to get REALLY good deals this holidays?

Game of Thrones, Game of Thrones Genesis, Lego Lord of The Rings, Sniper Elite V2, Max Payne 3 + Season Pass (Steam and NON Steam), XCOM, NFS: Most Wanted, MoH Warfighter, Risen 2 + DOC, Inversion, Two Worlds 2 Velvet?

[quote name='mmmory']Tony, are we seeing Sleeping Dogs on sale this holiday? It's been 66-75% off on plenty of sites, would love to see that on Amazon too![/QUOTE]

Please provide a link to when Sleeping Dogs was ever 75% off.

[quote name='Mooby']Says it right on the store page:[/QUOTE]

Why'd they put it up there instead of System requirements box? Thanks I scrolled right past it.

[quote name='ochentay4']Hi Tony, are these games going to get REALLY good deals this holidays?

Game of Thrones, Game of Thrones Genesis, Lego Lord of The Rings, Sniper Elite V2, Max Payne 3 + Season Pass (Steam and NON Steam), XCOM, NFS: Most Wanted, MoH Warfighter, Risen 2 + DOC, Inversion, Two Worlds 2 Velvet?[/QUOTE]

He said that Lego LOTR will be 75% off around Christmas.

[quote name='kaydigi']None of the Prince of Persia games activates on steam correct?

What about Pyschonauts?[/QUOTE]

Did we ever get an official answer if the Prince of Persias are DRM free? I hope at least Sands of Times is, the original disc version didn't have it. That game is a masterpiece, a must own!!!!!

[quote name='sunghost']Eh, those are in the regular version too. Just need to edit one of the config files, which takes a few seconds.[/QUOTE]
I did not know that. Thanks for the tip.

[quote name='kaydigi']Why'd they put it up there instead of System requirements box? Thanks I scrolled right past it.[/QUOTE]

Lol. There were about 10 months worth of requests to get the notification above the fold :(.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Gvaz']It's $12.50 right now here
http://www.simplygames.com/info/19518/Sleeping-Dogs-CD-KEY-Download-PC

But I need to call my bank to tell it to allow purchases out of the country because it's bitching at me because it's a UK site.[/QUOTE]

You mean your going to tell your bank your taking full responsibility for the purchase. If something goes wrong, they won't help you.

After looking at the site, it's not legit. Looks like they sell keys from retail boxes.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='UW_Shocks']You mean your going to tell your bank your taking full responsibility for the purchase. If something goes wrong, they won't help you.

After looking at the site, it's not legit. Looks like they sell keys from retail boxes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I don't give a shit about that. My banks automatically don't let me buy anything outside of the USA. I can only "turn it off" for 3 months at a time.

also a guy from Something awful has to say about that site:

Yeah, I actually bought Borderlands 2 from them a few weeks ago. My experience was not great, but I did end up with my game so I can't complain. They don't appear to be set up very well for handling digital download keys, they seem to be primarily an old style boxed game shipper. And they don't seem to believe that the U.S. exists (don't know where you are) but I was still able to buy from them. I just told them I was in Canada when forced to select a country from a dropdown (that didn't have the U.S. obviously) and then put in my actual address, after which it was happy to tell me that I was in the U.S.. Then I just paid with paypal, so I didn't have to worry about any credit card security mess. It took them approximately 8 hours to actually get my key emailed to me, though.

So yeah, they're legit, they're just not very good.

If you're in Europe, they'll mail you the box and everything. If you're not, they don't bother shipping and just email you the key instead.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Well that APB credit put me over the edge on TSW. DLing now but it is taking forever. Slow slow DL speeds.[/QUOTE]

I just had my GF play for a while on the laptop.. she said it stuttered a bit to much for her and made her a little dizzy and gave her a mild headache. Hopefully you don't have the same trouble on yours.
She said she liked the game though, and is still planning on purchasing it tonight in the hopes that she can upgrade her computer in Jan/Feb and play it with me.

[quote name='hatefish']Where can I go to get my $5 promotional credit email resent if I deleted it?[/QUOTE]
Your email trash can ;)

[quote name='hatefish']Where can I go to get my $5 promotional credit email resent if I deleted it?[/QUOTE]

Why? There is no manual code to apply.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Why? There is no manual code to apply.[/QUOTE]

So the credit will just auto apply to any Editor's Choice games?

[quote name='Amazon']Thank you for your purchase from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned a $5 credit toward the purchase of select game downloads starting 1/1/2013 and good through 1/31/2013. To redeem your reward, simply visit http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000728511 in January 2013, click "Buy and Download", and your promotional code will automatically be applied to your game download. Qualifying codes for this promotion may only be used one at a time.[/QUOTE]

...from the promo email.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']...from the promo email.[/QUOTE]

Well I picked up M&M Clash Of Heroes. When I when to Editor's Choice Games page and get Hotline miami to the Review and Place Your Order page it still comes up as $9.99.

[quote name='hatefish']Well I picked up M&M Clash Of Heroes. When I when to Editor's Choice Games page and get Hotline miami to the Review and Place Your Order page it still comes up as $9.99.[/QUOTE]

You can't actually use the $5 promo until January.

[quote name='hatefish']Well I picked up M&M Clash Of Heroes. When I when to Editor's Choice Games page and get Hotline miami to the Review and Place Your Order page it still comes up as $9.99.[/QUOTE]

Come on, son. :joystick:

[quote name='MysterD']

EDIT:
I see Drakensang: The River of Time is $5.
What's the DRM on that?
And do you guys carry that game's Philleason's Secret DLC?[/QUOTE]

You can probably pick up the whole Drakensang set with The River of Time and Phileasson's Secret DLC from eBay if you are ok with a DVD. Some guy there has it for ~$11 and < $10 every so often.

It's DRM Free though so no steam for steam lovers (still cheaper than even a 75% off steam price though which is 19.99 + 19.99 + 9.99).

I'd probably just on Secret World if I hadn't gotten Guild Wars 2 recently. But I will pick up Endless Space for that price. Thanks Tony.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']You mean your going to tell your bank your taking full responsibility for the purchase. If something goes wrong, they won't help you.

After looking at the site, it's not legit. Looks like they sell keys from retail boxes.[/QUOTE]

It's more or less the same deal with getgamesgo, they sell only keys. But you are right, it's not a good idea to tell your bank you assume full responsibility, being victim of fraud is not fun at all, I've been there.

[quote name='miraclemart']Great sale!!... but since I bought most of what Tony has thrown our way this year, I already got 99.9% of all games listed. First World Problem, I know...

Was just wondering if it would be possible to add these:

- Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes - I Am the Boss DLC (Steam)
http://www.amazon.com/Might-Magic-Clash-Heroes-Download/dp/B005O2TTCO/
(I already have the main game on Steam... just missing the DLC, which I haven't seen on sale yet)

- Mafia II: Digital Deluxe Edition (Steam) or Complete (Deluxe + DLCs)
(There is no way to "upgrade" a standard version to deluxe... so I'm still waiting to get to whole thing. Also, I own every other games in the 2K Mega Pack)

Thanks a lot!!
miraclemart AKA kinologik ;)[/QUOTE]
Also wanted to know if it would be possible to have a Steam version of Helldorado

http://www.amazon.com/Viva-Media-40546Helldorado9-Helldorado-Download/dp/B004HW7KGY

Thanks again!

Tony,

I have another annoying question on DLC pricing. I know there's no hard and fast rule you go by but currently there are around half a dozen Darksiders 2 item DLC priced at $0.50. From the same publisher, there's a bunch of $2.00 base Saints Row 3 item DLC with no discount but some 'content' DLC at 50% off (making it $3.50 each).

Then there's Hell Yeah (different publisher, Sega) that has a 75% off discount on the base game but no discount on the 'Pimp My Rabbit' item DLC and I recall you saying that you didn't want to do discounts where DLC goes under $1 but... there's the Darksiders 2 DLC that's $0.50.

Then, of course there's my ever illusive and highly sought after Warlock DLC discounts that may or may not see individual reductions. I'm not looking to game the system. I already have about four or five codes and I doubt I'll use more than those (nor set up some black market code/key factory) but I'm just trying to wrap my head around Amazon and their DLC pricing re: sales. Especially when publishers are usually willing to offer discounts on the same things on other digital download outlets. If it's a simple matter of: well, the Darksiders 2 stuff is $0.50 b/c no one is buying it and we want to try to move it, that's fine but... other than that... wazzup?!?!

[quote name='avwjase']I see a lot of the Sims 3 expansions are on sale for the cheapest I have seen them. I have a question. I am not a big Sims player but I do dust it off from time to time.

Are any of these expansions worth buying? Do they add a lot of extra content? I am not really interested in 'extra furniture' but moreso extra 'world' stuff. Places to go, things to do. Etc...

So, anything that is a must have for an extremely casual Sims 3 player? I have about 14 hours total in the game. So, I am very casual with it.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the slow reply, been catching up on the thread.

If you are looking at just the expansion packs and not the stuff packs, I would say one of the ones to get would be World Adventures which lets your sim go on vacation and have "adventures"

Ambitions just gives you more jobs (but does let you "play" some of them instead of just having your sim go to work) Late Night is fine, but not really needed. Generations gives you more interactions for your sims in different areas of their lives (young sims can "prank" other sims, older sims get memories)

Showtime, like Ambitions is not a must have expansion. Pets and Seasons are pretty much the same as they were in Sims 2, which is not a bad thing. You get extra seasonal activities and a wider variety of animals to own in "pets"

And finally, one to avoid is supernatural, which fills your town full of vampires, werewolves and zombies, but can (unless you run a fix) can mean that your town can have very little humans, but all "supernatural" beings.

So if you were to grab just one, go for pets (if you like animals) and if you don't want the hassle of that, then World Adventures gives the game a little extra dimension.

After going through all of the deals, I couldn't find a single game for me to pickup. This is sad. Here's to hoping that January sale will blow me mind!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
12/16-1/5:

2K Super Strategy Pack: $19.99 contains (all activate on Steam):

1. Civilization V Gods & Kings
2. Civilization V GOTY
3. Civilization IV Complete Edition
4. The Stronghold Collection

2K Shooter Pack - $9.99 contains (all activate on Steam):

1. Bioshock
2. Bioshock 2
3. Borderlands GOTY
4. Duke Nukem Forever Complete (DNF + DLC)

Bioshock Dual Pack: $4.99 both activate on Steam:

1. Bioshock
2. Bioshock 2

The Desert to Sea Bundle: $9.99 contains (all activate on Steam):

1. Bioshock
2. Bioshock 2
3. Spec Ops: The Line

The WTF Pack: $9.99 contains (all activate on Steam):

1. Borderlands GOTY
2. Duke Nukem Forever
3. The Darkness II

2K Mega Pack: $29.99 contains (all activate on Steam except CivCity Rome):

1. Bioshock
2. Bioshock 2
3. Borderlands GOTY
4. CivCity Rome - NOT STEAM
5. Duke Nukem Forever Complete (DNF+ both DLCs)
6. Mafia II
7. Civilization V GOTY
8. Civilization IV Complete
9. The Stronghold Collection

Oh So Fine Bundle: $7.49 contains (all activate on Steam):

1. Costume Quest
2. Stacking
3. Psychonauts

Endless Space Emperor Special Edition: $8.74
Endless Space Admiral Edition: $7.49
Blacklight Tango Down: $1.24
Payday The Heist: $4.99[/QUOTE]

So all of these deals extend into January, eh? Any chance that the $5 promo credit will be valid on any of these packs? If I recall, there were a few packs last year which the $5 promos worked on. A Sims 3/Sims 3 Ambitions pack & also a Dragon Age/Dragon Age II pack come to mind.

[quote name='Zakart']After going through all of the deals, I couldn't find a single game for me to pickup. This is sad. Here's to hoping that January sale will blow me mind![/QUOTE]
Same here. Needs more non-bundle deals or bundles where I don't already own one or more included games.

[quote name='The End']So all of these deals extend into January, eh? Any chance that the $5 promo credit will be valid on any of these packs? If I recall, there were a few packs last year which the $5 promos worked on. A Sims 3/Sims 3 Ambitions pack & also a Dragon Age/Dragon Age II pack come to mind.[/QUOTE]

Now that would be pretty crazy.

Problem is that all of these bundles are more or less repeats. A few have slightly better prices (most notably the strategy bundle), but otherwise we've seen all of this before.

So much for the Amazon winter sale. >_>

[quote name='avwjase']I see a lot of the Sims 3 expansions are on sale for the cheapest I have seen them. I have a question. I am not a big Sims player but I do dust it off from time to time.

Are any of these expansions worth buying? Do they add a lot of extra content? I am not really interested in 'extra furniture' but moreso extra 'world' stuff. Places to go, things to do. Etc...

So, anything that is a must have for an extremely casual Sims 3 player? I have about 14 hours total in the game. So, I am very casual with it.[/QUOTE]

I think what Amazon DVG has Supernatural and Seasons is that cheapest I've seen them, so far.

Some of the earlier Sims 3 expansions been DIRT cheap elsewhere - Gamersgate.
Namely, in the $5-10 range for those expansions released before Showtime.
Showtime was $6 once.

I liked Late Night and Showtime.
Late Night adds an area w/ lot of night hot-spots and stuff related to that.
Showtime adds an area w/ more music-related stuff to the game - singing venues; singing stage; singing contests; and whatnot.

I also have Generations, which gives the player more options in usually interacting w/ Sims.

[quote name='yangwenli']You can probably pick up the whole Drakensang set with The River of Time and Phileasson's Secret DLC from eBay if you are ok with a DVD. Some guy there has it for ~$11 and < $10 every so often.

It's DRM Free though so no steam for steam lovers (still cheaper than even a 75% off steam price though which is 19.99 + 19.99 + 9.99).[/QUOTE]

Yep, I knew this.

But, I was wondering if Amazon's version used Steam, DRM-FREE (like that DVD boxed version), or had other DRM.
And I was also wondering if Amazon had Philleason's Secret (DLC).

I already have Drakensang: TDE from D2D, BTW.

[quote name='Zipomatic2']
And finally, one to avoid is supernatural, which fills your town full of vampires, werewolves and zombies, but can (unless you run a fix) can mean that your town can have very little humans, but all "supernatural" beings.
[/QUOTE]
Does Supernatural do this to EVERY Sim area?
Or is there just ONE new area dedicated to putting vamps, werewolves, and zombies everywhere?

I like how Sims 3 has different areas per most expansions...
...I just wish my Sim could travel from area-to-area.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Right, because I was suggesting that Amazon "invent new games".[/QUOTE]

Steam pretty much puts the same stuff on sale year-after-year, too. Eventually people are going to acquire most of what they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back