Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have issues with the credit they receive? I show $20 in Video Game/Software promotions but have no clue when the credits are valid or if there specific. I know I have one $5 for the Jan. Deal, but not sure what the other $15 is for and when it will be applied. With all the promos I receive from Amazon its hard to keep track in the emails, when I spoke to customer service they said I had $5 that expires in Dec. 31 and I buy a game yesterday and it doesn't apply. There has to be a better process then this.

The reason I bring it up is sometimes when you buy MP3 and check out the credit doesn't apply but when you check the invoice later it will automatically apply the credits you have waiting in the promotions for downloads/mp3/instant video etc...Will it always show on the last next page before you check out for the video game downloads??

Anything new for today?

Also where do you check how many $5 promo credits you already have and the other credits that got added too like Rappelz, APB, etc?

The only way to check for $5.00 credits is your Inbox. Someone suggested creating a separate folder for the emails.

The credits will automatically apply during the January editor's choice sale. (On the CONFIRM ORDER page)

[quote name='combatrhombus']Does anyone have issues with the credit they receive? I show $20 in Video Game/Software promotions but have no clue when the credits are valid or if there specific. I know I have one $5 for the Jan. Deal, but not sure what the other $15 is for and when it will be applied. With all the promos I receive from Amazon its hard to keep track in the emails, when I spoke to customer service they said I had $5 that expires in Dec. 31 and I buy a game yesterday and it doesn't apply. There has to be a better process then this.

The reason I bring it up is sometimes when you buy MP3 and check out the credit doesn't apply but when you check the invoice later it will automatically apply the credits you have waiting in the promotions for downloads/mp3/instant video etc...Will it always show on the last next page before you check out for the video game downloads??[/QUOTE]
I second this... there needs to be a place to check all these different credits without digging through my emails. (MP3 and Instant Video ones the ones I have the most trouble keeping track of)

If we're stating suggestions, mine would go like this in order:

1) Easier searching/sorting, especially on sale pages (I like GamersGate's ability to sort by highest discount).
2) Organizing the software downloads page like wishlists (i.e. with categories and notes).
3) A place in your accounts page to view any/all credits/promos.
4) Standard placement on all pages regarding DRM. (This one might be higher up, but since Tony said it's already in the works for the new year, I'll leave it down here.)

Maybe an official survey emailed by Amazon for customers to take would help shed some significance on these and other issues. I also feel that because Amazon does so many things right, that the things that aren't so right are made more glaring. Under the microscope type situation if you will.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Again, this is the first part of our sale. I'll be updating the post daily. Guys . do you really think we would go through a holiday sale without promoting anything from Namco, WB, Rockstar, Paradox, etc?
Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Just to be clear, my comment about the sale was supposed to be meant in a good way. You've given us so many great deals already that I've got everything I've wanted. Even if you don't have anything else, which it sounds like will not be the case, I'm glad that others who missed the sales will be able to get what they want. Sorry if it came across the wrong way.

Also, is there a chance that Rocksmith will be discounted? It's currently sitting at $29.99 on the UBISoft's UBIShop.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

Look at Mooby! Keeping the faith. and he's not even building a shrine!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

And I'm usually the pessimist!

A little warning for folks, I bought The Sims Medieval + the Pirates and nobles pack and it does not work on Windows 8. I have put in an email to EA about it, but from what I can gather they have stopped support for it and it won't work with windows 8 at all.

I did a quick check before I bought it, but all I could find was the Sims 3 works fine with Win 8. I should have checked the facebook page, where there are a lot of folks complaining about no Win 8 support.

So if you have Win8, buy the Sims Medieval at your own risk, there is a pirate fix out there, but I don't want to risk my origin account for a bit of Medieval fun.

Do the awesome amazon CS guys give refunds even if the game has been registered? If not its only $12 :(

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Again, this is the first part of our sale. I'll be updating the post daily. Guys . do you really think we would go through a holiday sale without promoting anything from Namco, WB, Rockstar, Paradox, etc?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Please, oh please do a non-GTA Rockstar bundle. Bully: SE, Max Payne 1+2, and LA Noire Complete sounds delightful!

That is a really nice price for The Sims Medieval.

I might get that if I've got the money before the sale ends.

[quote name='Stephen1212']A little warning for folks, I bought The Sims Medieval + the Pirates and nobles pack and it does not work on Windows 8. I have put in an email to EA about it, but from what I can gather they have stopped support for it and it won't work with windows 8 at all.[/QUOTE]
And I was planning on updating to Windows 8 after I got my computer back.
I guess I'll hold off on doing that for now.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']12/17-12/22:

Both activate on Steam NOTE IF YOU PURCHASED LAST WEEK OR THIS WEEK YOU WILL GET A $10 CREDIT THIS WEEK.

Hitman Absolution: $19.99
Hitman Absolution Professional: $29.99

Both activate on Steam NOTE IF YOU PURCHASED LAST WEEK OR THIS WEEK YOU WILL GET A $10 CREDIT THIS WEEK.
[/QUOTE]

Tony, how do you do this? This game just came out... Still too expensive for me + my computer won't run this but damn....

Because he is the man!

Tony any chance we will see Saints Row the Third Season Pass again for $5 sometime this holiday?

Thanks for all your awesome deals!

[quote name='UW_Shocks']**faint**[/QUOTE]

[quote name='miqspot']Tony, how do you do this? This game just came out... Still too expensive for me + my computer won't run this but damn....[/QUOTE]

Sometimes we get the stellar deals, sometimes we don't :) this one is pretty stellar.

Also, 12/20 will be exciting for those anxiously awaiting Darksiders II.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']12/17-12/22:

Hitman Absolution: $19.99
Hitman Absolution Professional: $29.99

[/QUOTE]
Hi Tony:

I assume this $10 CREDIT is different from $5 promotion credit, which means you can use this $10 now, am I guessing right?

[quote name='pinkgun']Hi Tony:

I assume this $10 CREDIT is different from $5 promotion credit, which means you can use this $10 now, am I guessing right?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the $10 credit will be applied to your account and usable immediately on any Digital Video Game we sell.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

Also, 12/20 will be exciting for those anxiously awaiting Darksiders II.
[/QUOTE]

Count me among those

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yes, the $10 credit will be applied to your account and usable immediately on any Digital Video Game we sell.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Great, thanks for the explanation :)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Also, 12/20 will be exciting for those anxiously awaiting Darksiders II.[/QUOTE]

It better be an amazing deal. Some of us are smart enough to wait until January ;)

[quote name='sunghost']It better be an amazing deal. Some of us are smart enough to wait until January ;)[/QUOTE]

$20 for the game plus all the DLC we sell for it.

Also, Hitman is live.

Cheers,
Tony

Hey Tony! Great Hitman deal!

Will we get $10 credit if we purchase the game now though? Or does this apply only to people who bought the game for $30 or $40 respectively?

Thanks!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']$20 for the game plus all the DLC we sell for it.

Also, Hitman is live.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Can anybody recommend the DLC?? I'm all over Darksiders 2 but after the kind of dlc SR3 received....

Anything like the season pass for SR3 or just skins and skins and skins....

[quote name='mm3n']Hey Tony! Great Hitman deal!

Will we get $10 credit if we purchase the game now though? Or does this apply only to people who bought the game for $30 or $40 respectively?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

It's only for prior (higher price) purchasers.

[quote name='mm3n']Hey Tony! Great Hitman deal!

Thanks![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Neuro5i5']It's only for prior (higher price) purchasers.[/QUOTE]

This is true.

Cheers,
Tony

Damn Tony, those are some awesome prices and packages! One question, if the world does happen to end on 12-21, can I get a refund if I haven't installed any of the keys after the "event"?

[quote name='DonRamon']Can anybody recommend the DLC?? I'm all over Darksiders 2 but after the kind of dlc SR3 received....

Anything like the season pass for SR3 or just skins and skins and skins....[/QUOTE]
If I'm reading him correctly, it seems that for the $20 you're getting all the DLC too. Which is an amazing deal!

[quote name='Woocls']If I'm reading him correctly, it seems that for the $20 you're getting all the DLC too. Which is an amazing deal![/QUOTE]

This is accurate.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Woocls']If I'm reading him correctly, it seems that for the $20 you're getting all the DLC too. Which is an amazing deal![/QUOTE]

I think he means does the DLC add any substance through actual playable content or is only armor/weapons add-ons. While I can't comment on the subjective nature of it, Darksiders Season Pass does add some playable content.

Yeah.

What I meant is, some of the SR3 dlc is so bad that it basically is cheat unlocks, or irreversible (last time I checked) animation changes, so it's not a question of price, which is very good, it's more about what to activate or not.

[quote name='The End']So all of these deals extend into January, eh? Any chance that the $5 promo credit will be valid on any of these packs? If I recall, there were a few packs last year which the $5 promos worked on. A Sims 3/Sims 3 Ambitions pack & also a Dragon Age/Dragon Age II pack come to mind.[/QUOTE]

My bad, missed this.

Some of these packs may make it into January. We have calls set up with many of our partners just after Christmas to decide what happens Jan 1.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']My bad, missed this.

Some of these packs may make it into January. We have calls set up with many of our partners just after Christmas to decide what happens Jan 1.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

So is the date listed for those games/packs in the OP wrong? There are a couple that I'm considering, but I'd like to know how much time I have to decide.

[quote name='Mac the Geek']That post will need at least one edit: Tony mentioned earlier today that Endless Space goes back to regular price at the end of the day.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see.

[quote name='The End']So is the date listed for those games/packs in the OP wrong? There are a couple that I'm considering, but I'd like to know how much time I have to decide.

Ah, I see.[/QUOTE]

Fixed Endless Space. Everything else looks right.

Cheers,
Tony

Darksiders 2 DLC

The Season Pass that includes 2 dungeons is worth it and the Argul's Tomb is another dungeon that is pretty decent. Death Riders DLC adds a fair amount of stuff from extra quests, mobs, and chests. The rest of of the DLC is just weapons junk really. So the main cost of the DLC is in the first pieces I mentioned that are worth it.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Darksiders 2 DLC

The Season Pass that includes 2 dungeons is worth it and the Argul's Tomb is another dungeon that is pretty decent. Death Riders DLC adds a fair amount of stuff from extra quests, mobs, and chests. The rest of of the DLC is just weapons junk really. So the main cost of the DLC is in the first pieces I mentioned that are worth it.[/QUOTE]

What about this?

http://www.amazon.com/Darksiders-II-DLC-Abyssal-Download/dp/B009VJJICC

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='KaOTiK']That is included in the Season Pass along with The Lord Demon Beliam and Maker Armor[/QUOTE]

Oh you're sure the Season Pass redeems Belial?

Cheers,
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back