Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Do I 'need' Hitman now? No. Will I play it right now? Probably not.

But $20 with a $5 promo code for January? That's a tempting offer indeed.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Damn Tony, those are some awesome prices and packages! One question, if the world does happen to end on 12-21, can I get a refund if I haven't installed any of the keys after the "event"?[/QUOTE]

No worries, the digital service is already in the cloud so Tony's got us covered. Of course if you believe your travel itinerary calls for something that is somewhat opposite that direction ;) then you might have to look into alternate service providers :hot:

Come to think of it, any chance of an end of the world bundle?

I'll start it off with:
  • Bing bang bundle
  • It's game over man bundle
  • The just in case they are right bundle
  • The WTF bundle (and it's already up so that's easy)
  • The finally a bundle that activates on origin and steam
  • The 1C bundle - just cause we had to do it...

[quote name='Larce80']any chance of getting metro 2033 in the medley swapped with another game? Its pointless since it was given away free[/QUOTE] guess not

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sometimes we get the stellar deals, sometimes we don't :) this one is pretty stellar.

Also, 12/20 will be exciting for those anxiously awaiting Darksiders II.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I am one those who have been waiting for a good deal on this game, meanwhile I'll grab Hitman, $20 is great price considering its pretty new.

Now, I only need to wait for Far Cry 3 to go on sale ;)

[quote name='CheapThomas']No worries, the digital service is already in the cloud so Tony's got us covered. Of course if you believe your travel itinerary calls for something that is somewhat opposite that direction ;) then you might have to look into alternate service providers :hot:

I'll start it off with:
  • Bing bang bundle
  • The just in case they are right bundle
  • The WTF bundle (and it's already up so that's easy)
  • The finally a bundle that activates on origin and steam
  • The 1C bundle - just cause we had to do it...
[/QUOTE]
One of your bundles should include Sim Earth so we can simulate our end before it actually happens. And maybe even Wall-E so we can clean up the mess we're about to leave behind.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Darksiders 2 DLC

The Season Pass that includes 2 dungeons is worth it and the Argul's Tomb is another dungeon that is pretty decent. Death Riders DLC adds a fair amount of stuff from extra quests, mobs, and chests. The rest of of the DLC is just weapons junk really. So the main cost of the DLC is in the first pieces I mentioned that are worth it.[/QUOTE]

Good to know, thanks a lot!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Our Drakensang is DRM free not sure why we don't have PS but we don't :(
[/QUOTE]
About Drakensang: River of Time being DRM-FREE - that's great news. :D
Bummer about PS expansion/DLC, though. :(

I see ValuSoft publishes it for your guys on Amazon DVG.
I would guess they might have the rights for digitally distributing Philleason's Secret.
If yes - could you request from them to also bring Philleason's Secret over to you guys?

Or, better yet - if they (ValuSoft) actually do have all the Radon-developed Drakensang rights...
...can you ask them to bring over to you guys all of Radon's Drakensang games - Drakensang: The Dark Eye; Drakensang: The River Of Time + Philleasson's Secret DLC?

I'd LOVE to buy them all 3 from you guys - especially if they're DRM-FREE. :D

Was gonna jump on Hitman, but I honestly have way too much to play. Think I'll wait 6 months to find it for $10 on 360 so I can resell it after playing through half the game. Yep.

[quote name='PDJ']Was gonna jump on Hitman, but I honestly have way too much to play. Think I'll wait 6 months to find it for $10 on 360 so I can resell it after playing through half the game. Yep.[/QUOTE]

I'm so tempted at Hitman: Absolution for $20
yet, I'm already in the midst of playing Torchlight 2.

So, let me get this straight: If I buy Hitman: Absolution now I get a $10 credit for the Editor's Choice games? Also, how is Hitman, I've played a little bit of Blood Money, and it seemed cool, but I sucked at it :p

[quote name='RiseFromYourGrave']So, let me get this straight: If I buy Hitman: Absolution now I get a $10 credit for the Editor's Choice games? Also, how is Hitman, I've played a little bit of Blood Money, and it seemed cool, but I sucked at it :p[/QUOTE]

No. The $10 credit is only for those who bought Hitman before the $20 price.

LOL I love reviews on Amazon.

I'm an advanced pc user/builder (18 years experience). Downloaded Hitman Absolution last night and had trouble with the download. Finally got it downloaded and went to play it. Guess what? DOESN'T WORK! Loads up, plays the company logos for my annoy-ment, but when I select the play level it begins to start and freezes every time! DON'T BUY THE DOWNLOAD FROM AMAZON OR ANYONE. DOWNLOADABLE GAMES ARE CRAP!! THIS ISN'T THE FIRST TIME THIS KIND OF CRAP HAS HAPPENED EITHER. Do yourself a favor and buy the disc. This like selling a new car at full price that needs repairs before you can drive it off the lot. UPDATE: After 6 hours of research and updates and a second 2.5 hour download of the game - it works! Still, save your valuable time, forgo the stress, and get the dang disc.

Silly noob. Downloading is expert PC usage, not for the advanced level of PC user.

[quote name='asheskitty']LOL I love reviews on Amazon.

Silly noob. Downloading is expert PC usage, not for the advanced level of PC user.[/QUOTE]

"(18 years experience)." = 18 years old
"I'm an advanced pc (ab)user/builder" = parents buy/do everything for them

[quote name='CheapThomas']

I'll start it off with:
[/QUOTE]

+1

Bundle must include an Alien franchise title.

Decided to jump on Syndicate, was gonna get it for console since I don't have my PC finished yet.

But couldn't resist for $5, much cheaper then I could find for a console version.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
NOTE IF YOU PURCHASED LAST WEEK OR THIS WEEK YOU WILL GET A $10 CREDIT THIS WEEK.
[/QUOTE]

The way this is worded I thought I was going to get a $10 credit with my purchase. Since I technically purchased it THIS week. I read through the thread and realize its only for people who previously purchased it this week at the $29.99+ price range. I'm not bothered really, I had a feeling it sounded too good to be true, but you might want to change the wording of it a little bit to save a bit of confusion perhaps.

Btw, thanks Tony on all the amazing deals. I don't post in the thread much, but I lurk it just about daily and I've purchased a lot of the deals you've posted. :D

[quote name='ndawgdrake']Seconded. Preferably a Steam version :D[/QUOTE]
*I* don't want to deal w/ both UPlay + Steam.
For me, UPlay DRM is surely ENOUGH DRM to deal with ALONE.

I'd rather Tony put BOTH Steam version + Non-Steam versions of AC3 on sale to make us ALL happy.

Though, I will be honest - I ain't did much with AC:R Gold (b/c I ain't super-fond of the new missions); and likely won't buy AC3 anytime soon until ACR is actually done with...
...unless AC3 is really damn dirt-cheap - and I doubt that'll happen anytime soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Squeenix games tend to drop in price fast. Look what happened with Deus Ex HR and that sold extremely well/was widely popular.

[quote name='Schizophriend']The way this is worded I thought I was going to get a $10 credit with my purchase. Since I technically purchased it THIS week. I read through the thread and realize its only for people who previously purchased it this week at the $29.99+ price range. I'm not bothered really, I had a feeling it sounded too good to be true, but you might want to change the wording of it a little bit to save a bit of confusion perhaps.

Btw, thanks Tony on all the amazing deals. I don't post in the thread much, but I lurk it just about daily and I've purchased a lot of the deals you've posted. :D[/QUOTE]

Maybe it should read...
NOTE IF YOU PURCHASED LAST WEEK OR SUNDAY OF THIS WEEK, YOU WILL GET A $10 CREDIT THIS WEEK.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']Decided to jump on Syndicate, was gonna get it for console since I don't have my PC finished yet.

But couldn't resist for $5, much cheaper then I could find for a console version.[/QUOTE]

So tempted for Syndicate...but, backlog is saying wait till January to use my credits or later. It's not like it won't be the same price or cheaper next year.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']So tempted for Syndicate...but, backlog is saying wait till January to use my credits or later. It's not like it won't be the same price or cheaper next year.[/QUOTE]
I figured I could wait until my build is finished and can probably find it at the same price, but I doubt it would go any lower so I just went for it.

Tempted by Hitman, but the backlog basically means anything over $10 is a no-go, especially after ordering FC3 this morning

off-topic (amazon credit related): how do i figure out what my amazon credits apply to and how can i make sure they work before i purchase something?

when i check my current amazon credits, i have $32.99 in software/video games credit (which i think applies to specific download games because i bought the serious sam bundle), but i also have $20 in mp3 and video.

i have no idea where i got that $20, and whether they apply to something specific. i'd use it on mp3s/videos, but i dont want to purchase the stuff and find out it didnt apply.

ideas or experience?

[quote name='wowimsocute']off-topic (amazon credit related): how do i figure out what my amazon credits apply to and how can i make sure they work before i purchase something?

when i check my current amazon credits, i have $32.99 in software/video games credit (which i think applies to specific download games because i bought the serious sam bundle), but i also have $20 in mp3 and video.

i have no idea where i got that $20, and whether they apply to something specific. i'd use it on mp3s/videos, but i dont want to purchase the stuff and find out it didnt apply.

ideas or experience?[/QUOTE]

It's really really bootleg. Those $20 are not separate from the $32.99, they just double list them and likely that credit is not even good for Videos/MP3 or usable. Since Amazon doesn't really give you a choice or checkout screen on MP3s you can't even check on that usually either.

Best way is to keep track of your emails and see what the credit is for. Most likely for some F2P stuff that comes with each purchase and then maybe the $5 January credit since that seems to be randomly applying to some accounts.

There currently is no way (beyond the emails you receive) to keep track of the January $5 promo credits. Once active (beginning January 1st) they will automatically applied to your PCDD purchases at "checkout".

[quote name='KaOTiK']Those credits are a scam! That is why it is so hard to keep track of them. Paddington is laughing to the bank again![/QUOTE]

Paddington is definitely laughing his way to the bank, and Tony is laughing right there with him while playing TSW on that 160 inch Plasma.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Those credits are a scam! That is why it is so hard to keep track of them. Paddington is laughing to the bank again![/QUOTE]

Dammit, now we need a picture of Paddington laughing...
{looks over to TONY}
{impatiently taps my foot}
{impatiently waits}

:D

Hi Tony,

Any chance Amazon will be able to price match the UbiShop for Rocksmith? It's @ $19.49 from what I understand:

HERE

(I can't verify since it automatically transfers me to the Canadian store....It was verified by someone on the Rocksmith thread). Thanks if you can do anything!

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Paddington is definitely laughing his way to the bank, and Tony is laughing right there with him while playing TSW on that 160 inch Plasma.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']Dammit, now we need a picture of Paddington laughing...
{looks over to TONY}
{impatiently taps my foot}
{impatiently waits}

:D[/QUOTE]

2w5rkwj.jpg

My little dude laughing before he heads to the bank.

[quote name='CaptainSlow']Hi Tony,

Any chance Amazon will be able to price match the UbiShop for Rocksmith? It's @ $19.49 from what I understand:

HERE

(I can't verify since it automatically transfers me to the Canadian store....It was verified by someone on the Rocksmith thread). Thanks if you can do anything![/QUOTE]

We'll have it for $15 in January and apparently our version is a Steam version (just checked with QA).

Cheers,
Tony

Not sure this is exactly the right spot for this but I used an amazon gift card credit to buy the THQ Tantalizing Medley, they had me enter a credit card number (I don't have a credit/debit card so I used a prepaid one), couldn't sign into my account yesterday and today got an email that said the order was cancelled but I had already redeemed several of the codes on steam, and in my orders page it says payment pending. Anyone know what I should do to resolve this?

[quote name='Trepidation']Not sure this is exactly the right spot for this but I used an amazon gift card credit to buy the THQ Tantalizing Medley, they had me enter a credit card number (I don't have a credit/debit card so I used a prepaid one), couldn't sign into my account yesterday and today got an email that said the order was cancelled but I had already redeemed several of the codes on steam, and in my orders page it says payment pending. Anyone know what I should do to resolve this?[/QUOTE]

Something similar happened to me when trying to purchase Saints Row the Third earlier this year. I called CS and they said my authentication failed for some reason so I just told them I wanted it and they applied a credit to my account so I could purchase it. Pretty simple process actually, I'd just give them a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back