Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I purchased Hitman last week. Will we get an email when we get the $10 credit?

Just recently got back into PC gaming. I was pretty big into PC gaming back in the early 2000s. Played lots of Day of Defeat. These deals posted on CAG have been awesome, picked up a lot of games on the cheap.

I actually got a free copy of Metro 2033 from a Facebook deal a couple weeks ago and I also got a copy from one of the Amazon bundles. Here is a code if anyone wants it: XRFVF-9FFIG-G535B

[quote name='Mooby']Squeenix games tend to drop in price fast. Look what happened with Deus Ex HR and that sold extremely well/was widely popular.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, you can usually buy SQ ENIX titles on launch day for PC for $30 as it is. Just how they price things, not that insane compared to the price any cheap gamer would have had to pay at launch.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI I fat finger errored the Dead Island GOTY price. It will be $5.99 not $4.99 my bad on the typo.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I'm cool with that price. I'll give it a try for $6.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

We'll have [Rocksmith] for $15 in January and apparently our version is a Steam version (just checked with QA).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI I fat finger errored the Dead Island GOTY price. It will be $5.99 not $4.99 my bad on the typo.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

How will that activate on steam?? Will owners of the standard version be updated to goty?? Will it add a repeated game??

If yes to the last, any hope for a DLC only pack?

[quote name='Addnan']Will Sims 3 Supernatural (or any EP) work with the Origin version of Sims 3?[/QUOTE]
I don't have Supernatural, but I've activated every Sims 3 game/expansion I bought from different places through Sims3.com.
Use the SAME E-MAIL account for both Origin and Sims3.com.

I've never tried recently activating any Sims 3 games straight through Origin, though. In the old days, you couldn't - you had to do it through Sims3.com.

Heres what Sims 3 games I activated via Sims3.com and where I bought them from:
Sims 3 (base) = Retail DVD (Best Buy).
Late Night (expansion) = Direct2Drive (now GameFly).
Generations (Expansion) = Amazon DVG.
Showtime (Expansion) = Gamersgate.

[quote name='Sugar and Rainbows']They activate on Origin.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, will buy before the deal is over then. Was asking because it doesn't seem to say anything on the page.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Aww. At $6 it's just a bit too much for me to impulse buy. :whistle2:(

[quote name='Wapcaplet']FYI, The Steam version of the bundle includes Iron Brigade, and Amazon doesn't:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/18248/

If it drops to $10 during the Steam sale, I'm grabbing it.[/QUOTE]

I picked it up from Steam when it dropped to $10 during the autumn sale, Iron Brigade actually looks to be a lot of fun but unfortunately I haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

[quote name='TommyLove']Such a great deal on bioshock. Too bad I'm not a stream gamer :cry:[/QUOTE]
There's one that's non-Steam.

Still looking for someone to split me their copy of BL1 GOTY

Any news on an updated Editors Choice 2012? I have 6 promotional credits right now and fear they will go to waste. There are others game I would probably splurge on if I thought I could use the promotional credit. I saw that Google doc but that is purely speculation isn't it?

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Any news on an updated Editors Choice 2012? I have 6 promotional credits right now and fear they will go to waste. There are others game I would probably splurge on if I thought I could use the promotional credit. I saw that Google doc but that is purely speculation isn't it?[/QUOTE]
I hope more games will be added

Doc is a wishlist

Any word why Sonic Generations is showing up at $14.99 versus the $7.49 listed in the thread?

I just traded in my PS3 version tonight so that I could enjoy Sonic & his shitty friends in 1080p....

[quote name='Mooby']Dead Island DLC is utterly forgettable.[/QUOTE]

Oh I'm mostly interested in the Ryder White part.

It's a real shame the mess they made with this, regardless if it came from the publisher or the dev, the only explanation I find for them to retire all dlc is that some companies seem to be believe that attempting to forcefully shove stuff down the throat of their customers is good business practice.

I'm still curious about this, steam says it will upgrade, but f I purchase the goty version from outside steam, what will happen?

That part is utterly forgettable, too. 'bout a two-three hour long 'campaign' and he doesn't even have a 'talent tree.' Heck they're even pushing out a 'sequel' in a couple of months that's basically just the same assets in a different setting. Deep Silver (the publisher of Dead Island) seems to particularly bad when it comes to forcing mediocre DLC. I've learned to live without for Dead Island and have zero interest for picking up any of the Risen 2 DLC (also published by Deep Silver).

As far as what will happen in terms of an upgrade I'm not sure.

[quote name='SelmaBlair']Any chance we see Dark Souls under $10?[/QUOTE]

I believe Tony referenced another $15ish deal. Only chance you'll probably see $10 or less would be a combination of a price-matched Steam daily deal (and Amazon doesn't price match the flash sales) with a $5 promo code. My guess is Steam will have it at no more than a 50% off 'base' discount during the sale meaning that without a daily during the four or so days overlap with January you're just looking at another $15ish deal. Personally I'm going to play that game of chicken and hope for a 60% off or more daily to happen during that narrow time span. Are you a gambler like me?!?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DonRamon']Oh I'm mostly interested in the Ryder White part.
[/QUOTE]

I agree it's not nearly as fulfilling as it could have been. However, I did still pick up the upgrade (DLC) pack from GMG during the BF week sales for $3.75, so you may want to consider that if the DLC is all you're looking for. Not a great deal in terms of overall cost, but still better/cheaper than letting the base game go to waste.

[quote name='DonRamon']Oh I'm mostly interested in the Ryder White part.

It's a real shame the mess they made with this, regardless if it came from the publisher or the dev, the only explanation I find for them to retire all dlc is that some companies seem to be believe that attempting to forcefully shove stuff down the throat of their customers is good business practice.

I'm still curious about this, steam says it will upgrade, but f I purchase the goty version from outside steam, what will happen?[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. After this I'm done buying games with DLC until there is a complete version.

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Any news on an updated Editors Choice 2012? I have 6 promotional credits right now and fear they will go to waste. There are others game I would probably splurge on if I thought I could use the promotional credit. I saw that Google doc but that is purely speculation isn't it?[/QUOTE]

If the January '13 sales follow the same pattern as January '12, there will be a steady rotation of games in and out of the list. There are 27 games on the list right now; they may never have more than 27 on sale at a time, but they'll probably rotate a bunch more titles into the list.

I have a question about the credit. I have got 4 of them, so is that 4 different $5 off, as in they don't stack or will I have $20 off?

[quote name='Stephen1212']I have a question about the credit. I have got 4 of them, so is that 4 different $5 off, as in they don't stack or will I have $20 off?[/QUOTE]

4 different $5 off, as in they don't stack

[quote name='Drakey']4 different $5 off, as in they don't stack[/QUOTE]
So I can't save them up and get $20 off a game? I have to buy like 4 different games to use them all? That's really lame... :( Thanks for the heads up...

[quote name='Woocls']So I can't save them up and get $20 off a game? I have to buy like 4 different games to use them all? That's really lame... :( Thanks for the heads up...[/QUOTE]

Considering there were some $1 games a week ago that would net you a $5 promo each, it only makes sense.

Did anyone catch if Tony mentioned whether Max Payne 3 will be included in the sale (seem to recall there will be Rockstar games...) and at what price?

GameFly is offering MP3 at the moment for £8.75, although it's non-Steam and UK only, just wondering if I should contact a friendly trader in the UK or not...

8.75 pounds = 14.22 US Dollars

Amazon had MP3 for $15 during the Black Friday Sales; so I can see Amazon easily having MP3 at $15 or lower.

[quote name='renhoelder']Did anyone catch if Tony mentioned whether Max Payne 3 will be included in the sale (seem to recall there will be Rockstar games...) and at what price?

GameFly is offering MP3 at the moment for £8.75, although it's non-Steam and UK only, just wondering if I should contact a friendly trader in the UK or not...[/QUOTE]

It's $14.99 on the US gamefly site. Come on Tony!!

[quote name='renhoelder']Did anyone catch if Tony mentioned whether Max Payne 3 will be included in the sale (seem to recall there will be Rockstar games...) and at what price?

GameFly is offering MP3 at the moment for £8.75, although it's non-Steam and UK only, just wondering if I should contact a friendly trader in the UK or not...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='UW_Shocks']8.75 pounds = 14.22 US Dollars

Amazon had MP3 for $15 during the Black Friday Sales; so I can see Amazon easily having MP3 at $15 or lower.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Point Man']It's $14.99 on the US gamefly site. Come on Tony!![/QUOTE]

We will have this price in under a week so we won't be matching now.

Cheers,
Tony

Tony can you price match Stronghold 3? It's $7.50 now.

Also any chance of a deal on Settlers 7 gold?

[quote name='Gvaz']Tony can you price match Stronghold 3? It's $7.50 now.

Also any chance of a deal on Settlers 7 gold?[/QUOTE]

Where is SH 3 $7.49?

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Where is SH 3 $7.49?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

It's on steam's midweek sale. The Stronghold collection is also 4.99.

HNG

Now I just have to wait for the stronghold collection to change, SH3 is already changed in price and I'm buying right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back