Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, glad I didn't bite on Hitman when it was $30, I won't be playing it for a minute anyway. Couldn't resist on $20 though. Thanks!

YESSSS Dark Souls for $15 on the 23rd. Although my birthday is tomorrow so its coming a little late ;-)

[quote name='PDJ']YESSSS Dark Souls for $15 on the 23rd. Although my birthday is tomorrow so its coming a little late ;-)[/QUOTE]

How do you know?

Also, happy early birthday :D

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Any additions to the the January list are dependent on performance during December :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

So I need to buy a bundle now to help boost sales to make the deal popular enough so it ends up on the January list so I can then buy it for $5 off with my credit except that I already bought it at current bundle price and don't need two bundle sets.

Hmmm. Decisions, decisions. Buy now or wait and possibly miss out altogether.

You are a cruel man Tony. ;)

[quote name='rybrad']Has it been mentioned what day LEGO LotR will happen or is still just "closer to Christmas"?[/QUOTE]

I do not believe Tony has commented on Lego LotR since the Christmas quote.

Awesome deals!
Darksiders shall be mine!

I propose that I will eat unhealthy Taco Bell for every meal until Far Cry 3 goes on sale. Paddington save me from myself!

Looking at the 2k bundle. When purchase from amazon will they all have different steam activation keys or will they all be one key in a bundle? Have several of these but would love to give/trade the extras.

[quote name='Pig']Looking at the 2k bundle. When purchase from amazon will they all have different steam activation keys or will they all be one key in a bundle? Have several of these but would love to give/trade the extras.[/QUOTE]

Separate keys unless stated otherwise.

[quote name='G_freemanX']And where is Battlefield 3 PE on that list??? Tony said it was going to be on sale for christmas!..[/QUOTE]

Not a full list. The lists take a bit of time to conpile so I'm updating in waves.

Cheers,
Tony

My first post here, but i already LOVE you Tony.

I was waiting soooo long for a good Darksiders II deal, now only hope I will be able to buy it :D Hope you have a looot of keys :p

[quote name='rankored']My first post here, but i already LOVE you Tony.

I was waiting soooo long for a good Darksiders II deal, now only hope I will be able to buy it :D Hope you have a looot of keys :p[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a Paddington cronie

Hello T.Money,
I am posting message to encourage you to keep bringing us goodies during christmas time. I pre-ordered Hitman and have NO taste for Darksiders 2 but those are still two very good deals. I am hopping you will keep bringing more goodies to the table.

Thanks,
Anxious Buyer

I knew that my lack of a sales wishlist for the Solstace was largely due to Tony's deals, but I finally stumbled across proof that I'm making those hampsters rich.
timthumb.php

[quote name='DarkZero104']So with thq officially filing for bankruptcy, what happens to their games and more importantly, the deals?[/QUOTE]

They did what now? Oh god what does this mean for Metro Last Light? My day just got a whole lot sadder :cry:

THQ is only changing ownership/management; there's an article out there where the CEO states that game sales/developments will not be impacted.

wow, I guess was expected, just not so soon!! what will happen with....everything!! DS2 deal, Last Light, COH2, SR4....damn, this is sad news indeed.

[quote name='DonRamon']wow, I guess was expected, just not so soon!! what will happen with....everything!! DS2 deal, Last Light, COH2, SR4....damn, this is sad news indeed.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's largely good news. They seem to be going with a restructuring sort of bankrupcy rather than a shut-everything-down sort of bankrupcy. Without some recent sales income, they may have been forced into the latter instead.

[quote name='gilby']Actually, it's largely good news. They seem to be going with a restructuring sort of bankrupcy rather than a shut-everything-down sort of bankrupcy. Without some recent sales income, they may have been forced into the latter instead.[/QUOTE]

What worries me is that they are selling their assets, all of them, even if they managed to pull the stunt of just switching paycheck signers, nothing guarantees that further along the road they won't start to desperately slice the pie away.

Now, yeah, maybe you are right, indeed THQ really needs a change of management, it's just astounding to see a company sitting on the assets THQ has and going bankrupted.

Because only bad management can have the kind of zombie missions SR3 has in it's base game and not thinking in exploiting that among the current world wide zombie fad.

Ah well, time will tell.

[quote name='MysterD']HELL of a deal.

How about that same deal for...
Sleeping Dogs + ALL DLC
and Borderlands 2 + Season Pass + ALL Non-Steam Pass DLC for that cheap? ;)

Yup, I'm dreaming again...[/QUOTE]

I also hope for Sleeping Dogs and Borderlands 2 DLCs deal on Amazon

What about Mafia collection ? I have many friends who want both games but they had no deals for a long time now

Darksiders II Bundle deal is just amazing. The game is awesome and worth every penny. 80 hours of playtime for me on Steam :applause:

[quote name='DonRamon']
Because only bad management can have the kind of zombie missions SR3 has in it's base game and not thinking in exploiting that among the current world wide zombie fad.
[/QUOTE]

I'm so glad they didn't. I thought the SR3 zombie missions were truly awful and completely ruined the flow of the game.

[quote name='Eldredpe']I'm so glad they didn't. I thought the SR3 zombie missions were truly awful and completely ruined the flow of the game.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about?? The missions where enjoyable, but that was besides the point, the point was about how could THQ not exploit it and instead release a bunch of cheat unlocker DLCs, not about personal taste.

[quote name='Kimbaroth']I'm dying for a Borderlands 2 deal, I'm saving my money for that!!!

Can you help us here Tony??? :3[/QUOTE]

Back on topic, I second and third that, even if they have to cram a BL1 key in yet another pack to lower the price even more, I'll just give it away.

[quote name='Eldredpe']I'm so glad they didn't. I thought the SR3 zombie missions were truly awful and completely ruined the flow of the game.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say truly awful, but they were rather mediocre. The best part of it for me was the sonic cannon it introduced. That weapon was fun.

[quote name='vince_carter']I think i'm at the point where i own every game I wanted to play from the last 5 years.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting pretty close. Good news is the recent Kickstarter boom will birth a ton of good games in the upcoming years that wouldn't have otherwise seen the light of day.

[quote name='Larce80']I LOVED the SR3 zombie stuff. When I saw it I was like "can this game get any better?"[/QUOTE]
This is exactly how I felt. It was fun and just like everything else in that game was over before it got stale.

[quote name='Mooby']I'm getting pretty close. Good news is the recent Kickstarter boom will birth a ton of good games in the upcoming years that wouldn't have otherwise seen the light of day.[/QUOTE]

On this note I just got off the phone with the Leisure Suit Larry guys...they are really cool, would you guys be interested in interacting with them?

I'm thinking a Q&A or something.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']On this note I just got off the phone with the Leisure Suit Larry guys...they are really cool, would you guys be interested in interacting with them?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Oh no, we couldn't do that. We can't have any interaction with Developers or Publishers. That would debase this noble enterprise called Cheap Ass Gamer.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']On this note I just got off the phone with the Leisure Suit Larry guys...they are really cool, would you guys be interested in interacting with them?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

yea, i have a few questions for those guys

LSL... Wow - that is an old school reference.

Is there a download coming up from them? Those Sierra games of that era were epic! (Kings Quest, Space Quest, Police Quest etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back