Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Motoki']What Amazon region locks? You mean Steam region locks?[/QUOTE]
I mean the region locks applied to keys sold by Amazon (presumably by the publisher.)

[quote name='Zipomatic2']I could be wrong, but I don't think the 30% off code will work with games that offer cashback[/QUOTE]

It shouldn't (as it's stated), but it does for SD.

[quote name='Zipomatic2']I could be wrong, but I don't think the 30% off code will work with games that offer cashback[/QUOTE]

the 30% off code worked fine on Sleeping Dogs for me, got the game for $11.90 and I also got the $6 credit

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Neuro5i5']It shouldn't (as it's stated), but it does for SD.[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected. Also been told by another CAG that it does indeed stack, excellent deal!

[quote name='DarkZero104']Wait wait.
People *doubt* they'll use the $5 codes?

Man, I thought we learned that lesson last year.[/QUOTE]

Last year a lot of great deals popped up because of pricematching stuff and that stacking greatly with the coupons. This is all still very new to the guys at Amazon, they could have learned you know :)

It does, because I just bought it.

[quote name='DarkZero104']Wait wait.
People *doubt* they'll use the $5 codes?

Man, I thought we learned that lesson last year.[/QUOTE]

So many great deals are happening before January, I'm doubting I'll have anything left to buy by Jan, yeah. More than that, I'm presented with the problem of deciding whether I want to risk waiting to Jan and see if maybe Amazon can swing the same or better deal (including $5 coupon). They might can. They might not offer any deal on a game I want or might offer me a better deal then.

The uncertainty creates a scenario where I'm NOT buying games hoping they'll have a better deal in January. If they don't, I won't buy, which you'd think is not what they want. You'd think Amazon would want me to buy the game asap, which would be much easier to do if we had full information about what Dec vs Jan looks like. As it is, I've pretty much decided not to count on the $5 codes at all, which seems to be the point imho. Based on the logic of how uncertain what titles will use them and what the deals will be with them, it seems to me I'm not supposed to count on using those codes at all.

That's why I'm not considering them very much at all when deciding between Amazon or somewhere I have credit like Steam or Impulse (from trading in consoles to GS). The coupons would be great if I could use them on deals now. Basically, I get a $5 reward for buying one game to buy my next game (ie., kinda like the old coupon system that Kmart's CAG rep would run). That system compels you to keep "paying in" to Amazon once you start. They get continuous business, I get a coupon code for my next purchase. Put a date range on it and that keeps me ravenously searching out games to buy, like an addict.

As it is now, I already have more than 8 just from DLC and what not I've bought for far less than the $5. Given that, I can't imagine that by the time I get to Jan, I'll have 8+ games that I'll need to buy AND they'll have put on sale for prices at or lower than what's out right now sans code.

As it is, the current system seems to be built around me mostly ignoring the codes.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']So many great deals are happening before January, I'm doubting I'll have anything left to buy by Jan, yeah.[/QUOTE]

This. I'm betting they'll do a lot of repeat deals in January and I'll already have most of the stuff I wanted.

[quote name='Zipomatic2']I stand corrected. Also been told by another CAG that it does indeed stack, excellent deal![/QUOTE]

What a deal though sleeping dogs for 12 and 6 credit.

[quote name='Corpekata']The DLC works, you just have to edit an ini file. The only real reason to buy that package is for the original Alice.[/QUOTE]
You can buy all of that DLC for $5 to go with the Steam version? If so, where?

[quote name='MysterD']I'm curious if Tony can carry it, how it'll be carried...

Will you have Steam keys?
Will you have DRM-FREE keys?
Or (hopefully) sell both DRM-FREE and Steam keys?

Please, don't get a version riddled w/ Securom!
Securom DRM check on S2: Gold Gamersgate version is annoying in my Win7 64-bit PC - as it happens w/ EVERY Boot-up, even though I already activated both keys already! I have to bring up Task Manager; close Task Manager; then switch to S2 Gold game for it to blow by the annoying DRM.[/QUOTE]

I am also interested in Steam keys for Sacred 2 Gold if Amazon plans to carry them. I have the game through another service but also hate the DRM and the Steam version appears to have removed that. If Amazon is not planning to carry it soon, then I may just jump on it through Steam.

I told a friend of mine about GMG Sleeping Dogs - he can't find the 30% off code anywhere - can someone link it or post it? Thanks

Edit: Nevermind I realized I should just check the GMG thread lol

[quote name='glennfrank']i told a friend of mine about gmg sleeping dogs - he can't find the 30% off code anywhere - can someone link it or post it? Thanks

edit: Nevermind i realized i should just check the gmg thread lol[/quote]

gmg30-dplim-dn831

[quote name='UNDERSTAR']Is the Sims 3 Steam compatible?[/QUOTE]

As in works with the Steam version or as in activates on Steam?

Only way to get Sims 3 on Steam is to buy it there.

[quote name='UNDERSTAR']Is the Sims 3 Steam compatible?[/QUOTE]

EA Games sold on Amazon cannot be activated on Steam. Check the first post ;)

Hate to be another person asking, but did anyone receive the $10 credit for buying Hitman prior to the price drop to $20? I still haven't received it in any form and it was slated to be given by the end of the week...

any chance we get a dawn of war franchise pack download price match?
I was about to buy retribution for $7.50
now this franchise pack killed it for me even though retribution is the only one I want
would be really nice to get all the stuff in seperate keys

[quote name='forthenguyen']Are the AC games worth getting on PC? They seem like a good deal and I had traded in AC1 and Revelations. I've heard bad things about Uplay so I don't know.[/QUOTE]

I've beaten AC2, ACB, & ACR on PC. All ran fine on my 4-year old computer @1920x1200 and looked great. Of course I played with a controller.

[quote name='farnsworth']Any chance Amazon matches Gamergate's deal on Gray Matter?[/QUOTE]

That would be nice...
...but Amazon DVG does NOT match International deals (i.e. Gamersgate, GreenManGaming).

[quote name='MysterD']That would be nice...
...but Amazon DVG does NOT match International deals (i.e. Gamersgate, GreenManGaming).[/QUOTE]

Thank you for information! Bummer.

[quote name='tham1988']any chance we get a dawn of war franchise pack download price match?
now this franchise pack killed it for me even though retribution is the only one I want
would be really nice to get all the stuff in seperate keys[/QUOTE]

Seconded.

[quote name='AutoXman']What a deal though sleeping dogs for 12 and 6 credit.[/QUOTE]

I always expected SD to go for around $5 from someone during the Winter sales.

Frankly, I'm surprised MP3 hasn't dropped to around $5 either and is hovering around $10 (either an equiv. bundle price or a little more after a discount code).

[quote name='tham1988']any chance we get a dawn of war franchise pack download price match?
would be really nice to get all the stuff in seperate keys[/QUOTE]
THIS - especially w/ ALL separate keys!

I own A LOT of DOW stuff already all over the place, from different retailers & digital distributors.

For once, I'd like to get it ALL to activated in one place on Steam, since that is where most Relic games are (forced to be required)

Namely, I want Soulstorm + any of the DOW2 DLC I'm missing.
I'd basically need DOW1: Winter Assault + Dark Crusade on Steam.

I still have DOW1: GOTY Steam key unused/unactivated (from HIB).
I already have DOW1: Gold from Retail; and DOW1: Dark Crusade from Impulse (when Stardock owned it).
If only those keys activated up on Steam...

[quote name='MysterD']THIS - especially w/ ALL separate keys!

I own A LOT of DOW stuff already all over the place, from different retailers & digital distributors.

For once, I'd like to get it ALL to activated in one place on Steam, since that is where most Relic games are (forced to be required)

Namely, I want Soulstorm + any of the DOW2 DLC I'm missing.
I'd basically need DOW1: Winter Assault + Dark Crusade on Steam.

I still have DOW1: GOTY Steam key unused/unactivated (from HIB).
I already have DOW1: Gold from Retail; and DOW1: Dark Crusade from Impulse (when Stardock owned it).
If only those keys activated up on Steam...[/QUOTE]

I agree with you totally, but sadly I do not see a price match happening. There is no one SKU for the Dawn of War Franchise pack at Amazon. The games included in the franchise pack are spread across several SKUs at Amazon.

I am not doubting Tony's magic - I hope I am wrong! :)

Does anyone else thing having the ability to wishlist some of these digital deals be a good idea? I bookmark/tab these deals but I'd love to plop them in a list. Maybe the immediacy of the way it is now prompts people to buy sooner versus waffling more.

Heck, I'd love to add these to a shopping cart and just buy them all in one fell swoop sometimes.

Tony, two questions:

• What kind of DRM does L.A. Noir use? I bought this months ago and I know it's not Steam. Oh, and I haven't gotten around to installing it yet, of course :\
  • When does the price match for Blades of Time LE expire? Thanks again for price matching that!

[quote name='jester55']I agree with you totally, but sadly I do not see a price match happening. There is no one SKU for the Dawn of War Franchise pack at Amazon. The games included in the franchise pack are spread across several SKUs at Amazon.

I am not doubting Tony's magic - I hope I am wrong! :)[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. Tony has noted in the past (and we've seen) how it takes them some time to roll a new SKU. And well, I kinda imagine they are pretty busy working the magic already.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Does anyone else thing having the ability to wishlist some of these digital deals be a good idea? I bookmark/tab these deals but I'd love to plop them in a list. Maybe the immediacy of the way it is now prompts people to buy sooner versus waffling more.

Heck, I'd love to add these to a shopping cart and just buy them all in one fell swoop sometimes.[/QUOTE]

>.> I would so love a digital wishlist. I imagine the lack of it is related to the forced one-click purchasing for digital items.

And Blades of Time is a real joy to a DMC fan.

[quote name='asheskitty']And Blades of Time is a real joy to a DMC fan.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mooby']I'm guessing the PM on BoT lasts until the 5th since it's a default 75% off during the duration of the Steam sale.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, guys! I'm trying to hold off buying more until around the 4th... but I'd miss out on securing another $5 coupon...

Aw, hell: *CLICK* :bouncy:

Is the Kingdoms of Amalur complete package unlockable on Steam, Origin, or is it direct download?

EDIT: Wait, it says "DRM: Origin Account Required." Nevermind.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Tony, two questions:

• What kind of DRM does L.A. Noir use? I bought this months ago and I know it's not Steam. Oh, and I haven't gotten around to installing it yet, of course :\
  • When does the price match for Blades of Time LE expire? Thanks again for price matching that!
[/QUOTE]

? It's a Steam game, I also bought it from Amazon and redeemed it on Steam, but it does have added DRM, this is a good reference list:

http://steamdrm.flibitijibibo.com/index.php?page=DRM_Lists/The_Big_DRM_List

[quote name='UW_Shocks']^^^
LA Noire has GameShield and RockStar Social Club [online].[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Googling now... I just hope neither break the registry or bork other things.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Not the copy I bought from Amazon back in April. Thanks for the DRM link - SUPER helpful![/QUOTE]

Tony should definitely slap that link on the OP. Would save a ton of questions.

So what happened to ARMA II? Was about to buy it and now it's back to full price when the sale said it was until 12/29.
It's even still on the Download Sale page, but it's $30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back