Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Corpekata']2k most certainly publishes. The game in question, Spec Ops was not made by 2k or a studio they own. Least last I heard Yager hadn't been acquired.[/QUOTE]

Yeah sorry it was poor word choice on my part. I was trying to ram my explanation into the vocabulary we were already usin...who's on first?

Cheers,
Tony

Also, Thanks to whoever keeps updating the guys over at Neogaf with links to this thread. More important than links to the thread though, feel free to let those guys know they can ask me questions here, on reddit, or something awful if they have questions/issues.

Feel bad that they are bereft of the same support you guys get.

Cheers,
Tony

any hope for a deal on battlefield 3 premium service?

already have the game so it would feel dumb to buy it again just to have the premium service?

or is the code for premium service separate so I could trade or give away the bf3 code?

[quote name='srk-mac']Tony,

Any chance of a PM with Gamestop for Shoot Many Robots? They're currently listing it at 2.49.

http://www.impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W3115
http://www.amazon.com/Shoot-Many-Ro...=1356173332&sr=8-1&keywords=shoot+many+robots

Btw, thanks for all of the great deals this season. I'm checking Amazon more often than steam these days.[/QUOTE]

I think my message may have gotten lost in the shuffle. This thread fills up quickly. Guess that's what happens with so many great deals offered by you, Tony. :D

Thanks again for all of your hard work.

[quote name='seamoss']I know it's kinda niche, but how about a bundle of all those Anuman Interactive adventure games?[/QUOTE]

Which games are these? I only see Syberia on their site, it's kind of weird to navigate.

[quote name='espy605']Which games are these? I only see Syberia on their site, it's kind of weird to navigate.[/QUOTE]

There's a bunch:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_v...d-brandtextbin=Anuman Interactive&node=468642

The ones I would be interested in are the more traditional adventures: Still Life 1 & 2, Mysterious Island, Dracula series, Syberia 1 & 2, Atlantis series, Amerzone, Necronomicon, etc.

Definitely NOT interested in the hidden object games.

[quote name='seamoss']There's a bunch:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_v...d-brandtextbin=Anuman Interactive&node=468642

The ones I would be interested in are the more traditional adventures: Still Life 1 & 2, Mysterious Island, Dracula series, Syberia 1 & 2, Atlantis series, Amerzone, Necronomicon, etc.

Definitely NOT interested in the hidden object games.[/QUOTE]

You forgot Post Mortem!
Still Life was a follow-up to Post Mortem!

EDIT:
I could get down w/ a Anuman Bundle w/ Syberia series + Post Mortem + Still Life series, Amerzone, Dracula series, Mysterious Island, etc etc.

[quote name='MysterD']You forgot Post Mortem!
Still Life was a follow-up to Post Mortem![/QUOTE]

I already have that one ;)

In fact, I also have the Syberias but I'd buy them again - they're such good games.

[quote name='seamoss']I already have that one ;)

In fact, I also have the Syberias but I'd buy them again - they're such good games.[/QUOTE]

I already have Syberia 1 + 2 + Still Life + Post Mortem.
I'm missing Amerzone, Dracula series, and Still Life 2.

I basically would want DRM-FREE versions or Steam keys.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']? What do you mean?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Don't mind us -- I think a big chunk of the CAG community stayed up past their bedtimes F5'ing for hours a competitor's server to get some games you don't sell at the moment.

Those Swedes never saw it coming.:bouncy:

[quote name='aus_nacht']Does the saints row 3 season pass include all the dlc or just some of it? I'm looking to complete the vanilla version[/QUOTE]

It includes the mission DLC's, for example genkibowl. It also includes the byte blyde pack

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Let me know how it is, I'm interested in trying it out too.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Game in question is Blacklight: Tango Down? I played it for PS3 and the single player/co-op is pretty challenging. You don't have full regen health (health packs, ammo packs, etc.) and enemies can chew through you in seconds. The XP and leveling system to unlock new equipment is pretty slow-paced, especially if you're only doing single player/co-op. Multiplayer was dead when I got to it, but it might be a bit more popular on Steam. I'd say it's not a terrible game, but there's no real point to the game. The campaign makes no real attempts at story and is basically just objective-based AI killing; however, if you have some buddies it might be fun to run through with sometime. Probably worth $1 or $2 if it sounds at all interesting.

[quote name='srk-mac']

Tony,

Any chance of a PM with Gamestop for Shoot Many Robots? They're currently listing it at 2.49.

http://www.impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W3115
http://www.amazon.com/Shoot-Many-Rob...ot+many+robots

Btw, thanks for all of the great deals this season. I'm checking Amazon more often than steam these days.
I think my message may have gotten lost in the shuffle. This thread fills up quickly. Guess that's what happens with so many great deals offered by you, Tony. :D

Thanks again for all of your hard work.[/QUOTE]

Second the Shoot Many Robots price match! I'm going to buy one and I'd love to support Amazon. :bouncy:

[quote name='The End']Only about 20 minutes left in the Tantalizing THQ Medley. It's possible that this might be your last chance to get Red Faction Guerrilla on steam. The game has already been removed from the steam store.[/QUOTE]
why was it removed?

dear tony,

pardon me if this this has been answer before...

will amazon run any deals for dragon age series and mass effect series besides trilogy?

[quote name='MysterD']I remember when I bought Blacklight: TD from G4WL for 99 cents, long ago - hehe.
NEVER DL'ed it or installed it..[/QUOTE]
Me too. Do you have the other half of this amulet? :lol:

[quote name='The End']Only about 20 minutes left in the Tantalizing THQ Medley. It's possible that this might be your last chance to get Red Faction Guerrilla on steam. The game has already been removed from the steam store.[/QUOTE]
Wait, what? Does that mean that Steam won't have any GFWL keys left for the game if they've stopped selling it?

Whoa, I almost missed that you will have scribblenauts unlimited for less than 10 bucks... 10 was my buy price. Can't believe its going that low that quick, Tony you sweet sweet magician you.

Also, is the Saints season pass worth it at the 5 bucks or so? Love the base game... looks like it does not include the vampire crap, which I don't want at all.

Is there anyone else here who already owns Dead island? I am thinking of buying the GOTY due to the Amazon deal in order to get the DLC, but I don't know how I'd go about upgrading my copy. Or does Amazon have plans for a separate DLC sale?

[quote name='shaggyc']Also, is the Saints season pass worth it at the 5 bucks or so? Love the base game... looks like it does not include the vampire crap, which I don't want at all.[/QUOTE]

Well, personally I'd say yes. Each of them adds around 1-1.5 hours of additional gameplay which isn't exactly much, but Gangsters in Space and The Trouble with Clones are pretty fun. Genkibowl is rather meh and just adds some more (and other) of those Genkibowl TV-show missions with highscores and such, which I'm not that much into, but that's just me.

[quote name='teknikalei']I am thinking of buying the GOTY due to the Amazon deal in order to get the DLC, but I don't know how I'd go about upgrading my copy.[/QUOTE]

If you redeem the GOTY key on Steam, it should automatically add all the DLCs to your already existent base game, however, the other 'base game copy' of the GOTY will be lost.

In case you want to be on the perfectly safe side, you could also contact the Steam Support and ask them to remove your vanilla DI from your account because you want to redeem a code for the GOTY. Expect to wait a few days for a reply, though.

[quote name='cl4ym4n']
If you redeem the GOTY key on Steam, it should automatically add all the DLCs to your already existent base game, however, the other 'base game copy' of the GOTY will be lost.
[/QUOTE]

I suspected this might happen, and I'd be bummed to "lose" an extra copy of the game, (would be nice to have the option to gift it) but at that price it's still a decent deal.

[quote name='cl4ym4n']
In case you want to be on the perfectly safe side, you could also contact the Steam Support and ask them to remove your vanilla DI from your account because you want to redeem a code for the GOTY. Expect to wait a few days for a reply, though.[/QUOTE]

I guess I can give that a shot, although I might just contact them after the fact if anything goes wrong.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Well, I was looking for cheap stuff to buy for APB promo anyways, so oh well. Although... is Retribution F2P, or P2W?[/QUOTE]

I'd say it is F2P but paying will cut off a TON of time it takes to get certain items. There are plenty of good guns that you can rent that will take you 2-3 games to be able to, and I believe all the non-cosmetic stuff can be purchased permanently (Taunts/skins and things like that cost real $)

Really though if you are good at FPS, you won't have any problems with a cheap rented gun/gear set.

[quote name='aus_nacht']Does the saints row 3 season pass include all the dlc or just some of it? I'm looking to complete the vanilla version[/QUOTE]

Just some of it, but really the most substantial...

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Your three mission packs will include:
  • Genkibowl VII
  • Gangstas in Space
  • The Trouble with Clones...
The Nyte Blayde DLC Pack includes:
  • Bloody Cannoness Outfit
  • Altar Boy Outfit
  • Bloody Cannoness Bike
  • Nyte Blayde Mobile
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Idiotekque']Well, I was looking for cheap stuff to buy for APB promo anyways, so oh well. Although... is Retribution F2P, or P2W?[/QUOTE]

Retribution is F2P with a Cash Shop for skin, pre-made weapons, camo and a more stuff that i don't remember right now.

Now if the item they sell falls on the P2W category, i got no idea. The only thing i have bought was a skin that look like a robot.

[quote name='argyle']I'm wishing now I had gotten an Amazon gift card with my BB credit instead of a Steam one. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

I know that feel.

I heard that Inversion might be region locked. Meaning it would only work in North America and it will not work in Europe if I buy from Amazon. Is this true or false?

I really wish Amazon would just either find a way to open their store up internationally or just start checking IPs.

This whole you aren't supposed to buy it here (but make a fake address; my name is Miss Bonita and you ain't heard it from me!) is getting ridiculous.

bonita%2Bbutrell.gif

People aren't the least bit subtle about their rule breaking and then on top of it they are fussing over region locks over a game they aren't supposed to be buying in the first place.

*Edit: Waiting for someone to come back with 'but what if I am traveling! or 'My sister's aunt's brother's cousin's neighbor's dog in US bought it for me'

Right.

[quote name='Motoki']I really wish Amazon would just either find a way to open their store up internationally or just start checking IPs.

This whole you aren't supposed to buy it here (but make a fake address; my name is Miss Bonita and you ain't heard it from me!) is getting ridiculous.

bonita%2Bbutrell.gif

People aren't the least bit subtle about their rule breaking and then they are fussing over region locks over a game they aren't supposed to be buying in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Hola, Miss Bonita.
¿Como estas?

EDIT:
BTW, In Living Color was hilarious, back in the day...

[quote name='Motoki']I really wish Amazon would just either find a way to open their store up internationally or just start checking IPs.[/QUOTE]
Yes, no.

Question, I bought the F.E.A.R. pack from Amazon a couple of months ago. I see a F.E.A.R. 2 - Reborn DLC in the steam sale that I can't find in my inventory. Was that included in the Amazon pack? If not, is it worth the $2.49?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back