Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question about the Amazon downloader, how does that work exactly? It's downloading bastion right now...do i just load up steam afterward and look for bastion in my directory...or should i have gotten a Steam key?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Here are the details. Just tested everything except 2K (which I have to wait until tomorrow to test):

1. 2K will offer $5 coupons, good for PC Digital 2K products on sale at Amazon.com (greater than $9.99) to every customer who purchased a 2K product in 2012. Coupons can be used from 12/26-12/31
a. Recommended pairings (all of these activate on Steam):
i. 2K Mega Pack - $29.99 ($24.99 after coupon) contains:
1. Bioshock
2. Bioshock 2
3. Borderlands GOTY
4. Civ City: Rome
5. Duke Nukem Forever Complete (DNF + 2 DLCs)
6. Mafia II
7. Civilization V GOTY
8. Civilization IV Complete
9. The Stronghold Collection
ii. 2K Shooter Pack - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) contains:
1. Bioshock
2. Bioshock 2
3. Borderlands GOTY
4. Duke Nukem Forever Complete (DNF + 2 DLCs)
iii. 2K Strategy Pack - $19.99 ($14.99 after coupon) contains:
1. Civilization V GOTY
2. Civilization V Gods & Kings
3. Civilization IV Complete
4. The Stronghold Collection
iv. The WTF Pack - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) contains:
1. Borderlands GOTY
2. Duke Nukem Forever (not complete)
3. The Darkness II
v. The Desert to Sea Pack - $9.99 (4.99 after coupon) contains:
1. Bioshock
2. Bioshock 2
3. Spec Ops: The Line
[/QUOTE]
I bought Duke Nukem Forever in January, does that mean that I should get a $5 coupon?

[quote name='Detruire']I bought Duke Nukem Forever in January, does that mean that I should get a $5 coupon?[/QUOTE]

Hah, me, too, for a $1 -- who'd have thought that would still pay dividends!

[quote name='jwk94']Quick question about the Amazon downloader, how does that work exactly? It's downloading bastion right now...do i just load up steam afterward and look for bastion in my directory...or should i have gotten a Steam key?[/QUOTE]

You need to go to your game library on Amazon. It will have a button to generate a Steam key. You don't need to download anything from Amazon.

[quote name='Detruire']I bought Duke Nukem Forever in January, does that mean that I should get a $5 coupon?[/QUOTE]

Same question I have, since the January deal was the Mac version right? Mine says Duke Nukem Forever
by Aspyr

If I was going to get my first Assassin Creed game, which would be better to get?
Revelations or Brotherhood? (I'll have a coupon to use and at 2.50 I'm pretty tempted even if it isn't steam)

It's too bad WB isn't participating :p
Would have loved to get a 5 dollar coupon for that batman back instead of waiting to see if it will be on sale in January lol.
Still an awesome deal though, thanks Tony!

[quote name='despair1991']If I was going to get my first Assassin Creed game, which would be better to get?
Revelations or Brotherhood? (I'll have a coupon to use and at 2.50 I'm pretty tempted even if it isn't steam)

Would have loved to get a 5 dollar coupon for that batman back instead of waiting to see if it will be on sale in January lol.
Still an awesome deal though, thanks Tony![/QUOTE]

Either the first game or the second. I think it's pretty stupid to go right into Brotherhood or Revelations considering they're basically just expansions to II and while they do catch you up a bit, you'll still be relatively lost in terms of the story.

[quote name='despair1991']If I was going to get my first Assassin Creed game, which would be better to get?

Still an awesome deal though, thanks Tony![/QUOTE]

You really need to start with II, but at that price you should get Brotherhood since it's the Deluxe one with all DLC, and just save it for later.

[quote name='utopianmachine']You need to go to your game library on Amazon. It will have a button to generate a Steam key. You don't need to download anything from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

i don't see that button to generate steam key, only see a download button. this is for bastion if that matters.

if also says Before downloading, you need to install the amazon software and game downloader

Hmmm. At first glance it looks like I'll probably get

1. 2K - Desert to Sea pack, while I'll have to resell the Bioshock keys

2. Ubi - AC: Revelations

3. EA - nada unless they add some more titles since I own everything on sale

4. THQ - prob nada since I own everything I want to play from THQ that's out, thanks to the solid Tony deals and the Humble Bundle.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Moar DEALS!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

So, is the 10$ Hitman credit still happening or do I wait in vain for it?

[quote name='Baseman']So, is the 10$ Hitman credit still happening or do I wait in vain for it?[/QUOTE]

It is happening, the team that issues them hasn't responded yet though, I suspect it might be because of the holidays I will check again.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Patch517']Got the email just after buying Nexuiz. "[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Thank you for your purchase of a THQ Digital Video Game in 2012 from Amazon.com. THQ and Amazon would like to offer you a $5 credit towards any THQ Video Game Sold by Amazon.com and priced higher than $4.99 on 12/25/2012 only."

[SIZE=-1]Darksiders 2 here I come :lol:[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I got it too for just purchasing Nexiuz right now but I haven't gotten any backfill emails yet although I checked and I did purchase games from Amazon that were published by Ubisoft and 2K in 2012.

[quote name='MC Kage']Question- I know Scribblenauts requires Steam to activate the code, but am I also able to just download the game via Amazon DVG to play it? Could Tony or anyone help confirm this for me.

Also to continue from the inflated promo balance discussion, it says I have $255 of DVG credit lol.[/QUOTE]

If you try to download it it will just give you the key anyway. It has to go through Steam. I'm not sure about Bastion but I know for sure Scribblenauts and Lego LotR are like this.

What a great evening.

Effectively traded Brink for Batman: AC after some horsetrading

Picked up Alan Wake AN for $1.88

Found out I'm getting sweet deals from Amazon this Christmas!

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Also, my Amazon credit balance is... insane. I understand that the software/game balance is probably a mix of $5 credits and F2P game credits, but where did the video and mp3 credits come from? Do the video and mp3 credits go away at some point?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='elessar123']The MP3 credit thing is really confusing. It's now showing I have $8x.xx, when I had $6x.xx just an hour ago. I accidentally bought a song when I was trying to see if the credits would apply. Then I bought an album, and I still have no idea if the credit it shows applies.[/QUOTE]

The Amazon credit tracking is completely broken. Don't rely on what it says. You need to keep track of it yourself using the e-mails they send you. No way to tell when something expires, or is used. Mistakes in categories that credit applies too...Amazon CS admits it is broken but doesn't know when/if it will be fixed.

Most of that credit you see is probably the $5 ones that are good in the new year, one per title.

[quote name='asheskitty']Well I just finished Blades of Time on Normal (which unlocks hard), I have had the Limited Edition since the summer sale @ $11.24. I love it. The last/part ending is great. The Swamp DLC (that you get from the Limited Edition) is okay -- gameplay it's kinda meh, but it fills out a part of the story. The additional $1.24 for the LE, well if you like the game you can't complain that hard. If you're strapped for cash, just get the standard edition. I look forward to playing it through again on hard.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. Been meaning to ask about this.:cool:

Tony,

Thanks again for this cool promo... and don't forget the Warlock DLC price match before you hit the sack, please! Going to debate Scribblenauts and Lego LOTR over the next day.

PS - Defenders of Ardania 75% off would look nice, too. ;o

So is the Syndicate sale officially over? I had it recorded on my desktop sticky as going through 1/5. I'm not on any drugs that I or me is aware of.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']2K will offer $5 coupons, good for PC Digital 2K products on sale at Amazon.com (greater than $9.99) to every customer who purchased a 2K product in 2012. Coupons can be used from 12/26-12/31[/QUOTE]
Could I buy the Bioshock dual pack now and still get the 2K coupon? Or is it like "every customer in 2012 before today"

[quote name='BrownDerby']Could I buy the Bioshock dual pack now and still get the 2K coupon? Or is it like "every customer in 2012 before today"[/QUOTE]

Sounds like it's all prior to 12/25...

[quote name='Mooby']Tony,

Thanks again for this cool promo... and don't forget the Warlock DLC price match before you hit the sack, please! Going to debate Scribblenauts and Lego LOTR over the next day.

PS - Defenders of Ardania 75% off would look nice, too. ;o[/QUOTE]

Bah dude, I'm a jerk, this is going to have to wait until tomorrow when I can grab someone to assist. I'm sorry, I've failed you :(.

Cheers,
Tony

Just wanted to chime in and thank Tony for the awesome deals and all of the work he puts in keeping us informed. =D I think I've bought more from Amazon holiday sales than Steam sales this year... and I'm looking forward to doing the same in 2013!

That Scribblenauts Unlimited discount is the most amazing thing I think I've seen happen... 75% off after only a month being out! And Steam!

Thanks, Tony!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Bah dude, I'm a jerk, this is going to have to wait until tomorrow when I can grab someone to assist. I'm sorry, I've failed you :(.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Haha, no worries. I can wait another day or so. I'll give you a nudge about it tomorrow, get some sleep. 75% off Ardania can make up for it. -_0

Thank you Tony for all these amazing deals, I grabbed Scribblenauts and Lego Lord of the Rings, $7.50 each is a steal considering these games just came not too long ago

Does the THQ email contain a code or is it automatically applied with no need to open the email? I've purchased a few things published by THQ this year and haven't gotten an email about the THQ code yet.

[quote name='dopehat']So question. Bastion says the DRM is Steam but I didn't receive a cd-key with it. Will you be having cd-key's or what?[/QUOTE]

same question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back