Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Man. This DLC talk gets me to thinking that this sounds a lot like the usual $5 codes. Which... would mean DLC works on them. So if you don't have one yet, what's stopping you? You buy the DLC, qualify for THIS $5 code, get a $5 code in Jan, and the purchase you make tomorrow/the upcoming days will get you ANOTHER $5.

[quote name='BridgetFisher']Which company do I need to buy a game from to get 5$ towards Max Payne 3 by rockstar, would that be 2k? If so what is the cheapest 2k game since I own a bunch of em.[/QUOTE]

Max Payne is a Rockstar / Take Two Interactive game. I do not think there are any ties to 2K.

[quote name='BridgetFisher']Which company do I need to buy a game from to get 5$ towards Max Payne 3 by rockstar, would that be 2k? If so what is the cheapest 2k game since I own a bunch of em.[/QUOTE]

maybe you can grab it on the 2012 Editor's Choice Games

Thanks for the coupons for previous purchases, that was pretty awesome from you guys and the pubs!

Is there any remote chance that the Amalur pack will return on the 25th? Having it < 10 would put it right into my "Can't pass it up" range (and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone!)

Ok, I don't remember what Tony said and I can't seem to gind his post, so here's my inquiry:

I received 3 Amazon/THQ emails and 2 Amazon/EA emails about $5 promos. Does that mean I have 3 THQ and 2 EA promos to use, or just 1 from both (as I have seen various CAGs state)?

[quote name='MulderYuffie']Just curious do those $5 promo things stack....?[/QUOTE]

The Editor Choice credit doesn't stack, and the publisher coupons are one per publisher

[quote name='bubzers']I received 3 Amazon/THQ emails and 2 Amazon/EA emails about $5 promos.[/QUOTE]
For sake of curiosity: when did you make the orders that the promo emails were associated with? (I'm interested in whether the emails are send chronologically.)

[quote name='Detruire']For sake of curiosity: when did you make the orders that the promo emails were associated with? (I'm interested in whether the emails are send chronologically.)[/QUOTE]

I have no clue. I'll have to dig thru my Amazon purchases. I didn't even know I had THQ purchases...

[quote name='yangwenli']Too bad the Crisis collection is off sale. Very few EA items to use the credit for if you are not into the sims or sport games.[/QUOTE]
I think I'll probably use mine on Alice Madness Returns, currently at $9.99 on Amazon. The coupon would make it $5.00; not a bad price at all.

(I would post a link for it, but I'm not sure how :))

[quote name='erequena']Thanks for the coupons for previous purchases, that was pretty awesome from you guys and the pubs!

Is there any remote chance that the Amalur pack will return on the 25th? Having it < 10 would put it right into my "Can't pass it up" range (and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone!)[/QUOTE]

I have the same rule... But the Amalur pack is an exception because it includes 2 DLCs. And those DLC doesn't seems to be cheap ones. Besides that, it seems Amalur is somewhat difficult to get discounted since the company broke. Amazon appears to be the only one making it. Look at steam, can't remember the last time they had a sale on that game. And is VERY expensive

[quote name='icefiresr']Just received a THQ coupon. May I please know when the Darksiders 2 pack with all the DLC will be on sale again? Will it happen tomorrow? The coupon is for one day only.[/QUOTE]

yes, tomorrow
Darksiders Franchise Pack _-_13.19

[quote name='Mooby']It includes now. The only limiting factor is it is ONE coupon per publisher.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. I've gotten multiple emails about the EA coupon, in addition to my THQ and Ubisoft emails. Just an error? I did buy lots of EA stuff on Amazon this year. Maybe they'll stack!

[quote name='juanjava']I have the same rule... But the Amalur pack is an exception because it includes 2 DLCs. And those DLC doesn't seems to be cheap ones. Besides that, it seems Amalur is somewhat difficult to get discounted since the company broke. Amazon appears to be the only one making it. Look at steam, can't remember the last time they had a sale on that game. And is VERY expensive[/QUOTE]

38 Studios self-published that game on Steam. Since they went under and everything is in bankruptcy proceedings there is no one in authority who could authorize a sale price on Steam. EA published it everywhere else which is why Amazon and GamesGate have been able to offer sale prices.

[quote name='poxi']I don't think I would even pay $2.50 for some cosmetics, which I can unlock by playing the game and gamebreaking DLC, that need 3rd party program to lock it.
I will get Season Pass for free.
I would pick up Darksiders complete, but after THQ announced bankrupcy, I see it hitting $7.50 or less quite soon.
At least sooner than I would install it.[/QUOTE]

I sorta think it won't get priced less since once the new owners have full control, they have no more incentive to cut prices further since they paid for the assets based on what they are worth in bankruptcy. The company is probably trying to raise as much cash to make their balance sheet look better now to satisfy their bond holders as much as possible.

After the new bond holders take control, they would have full control to set prices at that point of the IP and THQ does have some properties which are decent.

I would move if the price is pretty much heavily below the standard 75% like the DoW pack on Steam. If you think about it, if you bought a property at a much lower value than what they are charging now, why would you cut prices even further and try to lose more money? They are probably just facing a cash crunch now.

If you look at Amalur, Steam pretty much sets the price since they have full control of a non-EA version of that game and the new owners of THQ can set prices and re-negotiate prices after that's all done.

[quote name='BridgetFisher']Would like to get a 5$ ea coupon, any cheap ea 5$ steam games anyone liked?[/QUOTE]

EA Steam games don't exist on Amazon. All Origin, all the time.

[quote name='BridgetFisher']Would like to get a 5$ ea coupon, any cheap ea 5$ steam games anyone liked?[/QUOTE]

Syndicate WAS on sale for 5$... now there's not that much.

Did anyone receive their 2K coupons, yet? I only received my THQ coupon for buying Metro 2033. I bought these games, just wondering if anyone received coupons for any of them:

Bioshock & Bioshock 2 [2K]
Borderlands 2 Season Pass [2K]
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods and Kings [2K]
Spec Ops: The Line [2K]

[quote name='baconcow']Did anyone receive their 2K coupons, yet? I only received my THQ coupon for buying Metro 2033. I bought these games, just wondering if anyone received coupons for any of them:

Spec Ops: The Line [2K][/QUOTE]

I got a few of those and haven't gotten any 2K coupons.

Has anyone made a list of the games that will be free/super cheap due to this deal? I'm guessing Amazon PM against Steam will make these coupons pretty good (assuming Steam puts some of this stuff on sale on the 25th)

Side note: Amazon is kicking ass, I bought a .99 SR3 DLC and got a $5 coupon to use in January and $5 off THQ product. That's pretty damn amazing. And actually when I saw how many promo codes popped up in my inbox I realized DAMN I bought a lot of games on Amazon this year.

[quote name='icefiresr']Just received a THQ coupon. May I please know when the Darksiders 2 pack with all the DLC will be on sale again? Will it happen tomorrow? The coupon is for one day use only.

http://www.amazon.com/THQ-Darksiders-Franchise-Pack-Download/dp/B00APOVDDY?tag=childsplaycha-20[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Stonekeep']yes, tomorrow
Darksiders Franchise Pack _-_13.19[/QUOTE]

Well, that sucks, I just bought the DSII pack, and would have used the credit on it had I known this was happening. I own damn near everything else that publisher credit can be applied to. Wasn't there talk about people getting pissed off when something was discounted even cheaper right after it went on sale? And, Tony said he was looking into maybe crediting people in a certain window (I remember he said he thought a month was fair) Well, what about when it happens in the same week?!? I mean seriously. I've learned to wait until the last day to buy something at Amazon, but to throw it back up on sale after the deal expired, inside of the same week it was on sale, and give a credit to be used against it also, combined with absolutely no warning or hint that this might happen. Tony.......you can do better. One of the reasons I own so many games and don't have much the credit can be applied to is because I've been a regular customer, and rabid follower of yours and this thread. I'm not alone as someone else already mentioned that they owned all the publishers catalog as well. This doesn't much feel like being rewarded for continued business. More like being trolled. Sorry, usually a fan, but this comes across as a dick move Tony.

If only the KoA bundle was still on sale tomorrow! Aside from that, I'm not aware of any EA games/bundles that I'm interested in.

[quote name='baconcow']Did anyone receive their 2K coupons, yet? I only received my THQ coupon for buying Metro 2033.[/QUOTE]
I bought DNF and Bulletstorm in January, and haven't yet received coupons for either... but we're only a few hours in to the day, and Tony said he thinks it'll take most of the days to get all the coupons out.

[quote name='baconcow']Did anyone receive their 2K coupons, yet? [/QUOTE]

Not a single coupon, yet, does this work retroactively or just for people purchasing after it was announced???

[quote name='baconcow']Did anyone receive their 2K coupons, yet? I only received my THQ coupon for buying Metro 2033. I bought these games, just wondering if anyone received coupons for any of them:

Spec Ops: The Line [2K][/QUOTE]

[quote name='yangwenli']I got a few of those and haven't gotten any 2K coupons.[/QUOTE]

Tony mentioned we won't get any e-mails about 2K coupons until 12/25.
I'm also waiting for my 2K $5 credit/coupon and put to good use next 26th :)

[quote name='DonRamon']Not a single coupon, yet, does this work retroactively or just for people purchasing after it was announced???[/QUOTE]

I bought Metro 2033 a long time ago, so it seems that if you purchased it in 2012, you're okay.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Well, that sucks, I just bought the DSII pack, and would have used the credit on it had I known this was happening. I own damn near everything else that publisher credit can be applied to. Wasn't there talk about people getting pissed off when something was discounted even cheaper right after it went on sale? And, Tony said he was looking into maybe crediting people in a certain window (I remember he said he thought a month was fair) Well, what about when it happens in the same week?!? I mean seriously. I've learned to wait until the last day to buy something at Amazon, but to throw it back up on sale after the deal expired, inside of the same week it was on sale, and give a credit to be used against it also, combined with absolutely no warning or hint that this might happen. Tony.......you can do better. One of the reasons I own so many games and don't have much the credit can be applied to is because I've been a regular customer, and rabid follower of yours and this thread. I'm not alone as someone else already mentioned that they owned all the publishers catalog as well. This doesn't much feel like being rewarded for continued business. More like being trolled. Sorry, usually a fan, but this comes across as a dick move Tony.[/QUOTE]
But it was listed in the second post of this thread!
[quote name='DonRamon']Not a single coupon, yet, does this work retroactively or just for people purchasing after it was announced???[/QUOTE]
retroactively and after it was announced, until tonight at 23.59

[quote name='Detruire']For sake of curiosity: when did you make the orders that the promo emails were associated with? (I'm interested in whether the emails are send chronologically.)[/QUOTE]

Well, whaddya know? I did buy THQ games: SR3 in July, Space Marine in April, RF:A in April.

EA games: Crysis 2 in January, Shift 2 in April, Syndicate in July, KoA in August, ME3 in August, Dead Space 1&2 in October, NFS: The Run in October, EA Niche gamer bundle in December

2K games: Darkness 2 in October, XCOM:EU in November

So, still missing a few emails.

Side note: good lord. I bought way more that i thought in 2012. And that doesn't include Paradox, Sega, Activision, etc...

[quote name='walkonshadows']Well, that sucks, I just bought the DSII pack, and would have used the credit on it had I known this was happening. I own damn near everything else that publisher credit can be applied to. Wasn't there talk about people getting pissed off when something was discounted even cheaper right after it went on sale? And, Tony said he was looking into maybe crediting people in a certain window (I remember he said he thought a month was fair) Well, what about when it happens in the same week?!? I mean seriously. I've learned to wait until the last day to buy something at Amazon, but to throw it back up on sale after the deal expired, inside of the same week it was on sale, and give a credit to be used against it also, combined with absolutely no warning or hint that this might happen. Tony.......you can do better. One of the reasons I own so many games and don't have much the credit can be applied to is because I've been a regular customer, and rabid follower of yours and this thread. I'm not alone as someone else already mentioned that they owned all the publishers catalog as well. This doesn't much feel like being rewarded for continued business. More like being trolled. Sorry, usually a fan, but this comes across as a dick move Tony.[/QUOTE]

I vote we start a charity for the hurt, angry children that don't know how to keep their mouths shut about good deals. Maybe that will shut them up and not hold back additional discounts for others...

[quote name='Stonekeep']But it was listed in the second post of this thread![/QUOTE]

Nothing about these credits is listed in the 2nd post as of right now (or the first). If you are referring to the DSII deal, yes that was listed, which is why I bought it. You didn't actually read the post.

I'm not going to say your complaint isn't valid; I'm having the same problem and it's definitely worth addressing. I just hate it when people bring up how much they buy from amazon or follow Tony's thread when complaining.

You do that because Tony's doing an awesome job here, which makes you spending time in this thread worth it. Considering how easy it is to be a repeat customer, buying a lot of really great deals doesn't make your complaints any more important than anyone else's.

[quote name='tjs09']I'm not going to say your complaint isn't valid; I'm having the same problem and it's definitely worth addressing. I just hate it when people bring up how much they buy from amazon or follow Tony's thread when complaining.

You do that because Tony's doing an awesome job here, which makes you spending time in this thread worth it. Considering how easy it is to be a repeat customer, buying a lot of really great deals doesn't make your complaints any more important than anyone else's.[/QUOTE]

I didn't bring it up to infer my complaint was more important. I brought it up to counter some smart ass saying "Well, just buy something else from that publisher".

[quote name='walkonshadows']I didn't bring it up to infer my complaint was more important. I brought it up to counter some smart ass saying "Well, just buy something else from that publisher".[/QUOTE]

It seems a public forum is not the best place to make your petition. Did you consider a PM to Tony prior to complaining here or even a call to Amazons customer service? This thread is about announcing upcoming deals and providing feedback for future deals. Do we really need to state that a game should not go on sale cheaper for an arbitrary amount of time after a sale to make sure we don't hurt peoples feelings?

Eh, people have mentioned that before in the thread and Tony has addressed it. Don't see why it's a problem. The Hitman sale being a recent example.

Hmmm ffxi 4.99 I'm feeling a bit nostalgic. I haven't played it in 4 years, but iv been getting an itch to start again. Anyone know if its worth it or should I let this sleeping dog lie?

[quote name='Curtsey']Scribblenauts is finally at a price where I want to buy it, and I can't because I live in Canada.

;_;[/QUOTE]
Just use US address. And buy it.

[quote name='MrWhitey']Just use US address. And buy it.[/QUOTE]

That seems rather sketchy to me, won't my shit just get revoked since it doesn't match my CC adress?

[quote name='Curtsey']That seems rather sketchy to me, won't my shit just get revoked since it doesn't match my CC adress?[/QUOTE]

check your PM

[quote name='Curtsey']That seems rather sketchy to me, won't my shit just get revoked since it doesn't match my CC adress?[/QUOTE]

Ask someone in the us to get it gifted to you

[quote name='s2k']Hmmm ffxi 4.99 I'm feeling a bit nostalgic. I haven't played it in 4 years, but iv been getting an itch to start again. Anyone know if its worth it or should I let this sleeping dog lie?[/QUOTE]

FFXI is still a jumbled pile of garbage.

Play if you feel like dusting off th ol' rose coloured glasses, if not, stay very far away from it.

Anyone know the cheapest way to get a THQ e-mail? I have the EA one, but no EA games I want, but would love Darksiders for ~$8. Alternatively, I'd be willing to buy an EA game for someone and give them the Steam keys in exchange for the Darksiders Steam keys.

[quote name='INCyr']Anyone know the cheapest way to get a THQ e-mail? I have the EA one, but no EA games I want, but would love Darksiders for ~$8. Alternatively, I'd be willing to buy an EA game for someone and give them the Steam keys in exchange for the Darksiders Steam keys.[/QUOTE]
Nexuiz is 1$ :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back