Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah but I de-duped all customer IDs, which is what is confusing me.

You haven't gotten any yet?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Hey Tony, any chance to know if Dawn of War II bundle for 9.99 will be the same price during THQ coupon promotion? I was one of the few that bought Darksiders 2 at $13.xx :( and this is the only game I'm missing.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah but I de-duped all customer IDs, which is what is confusing me.

You haven't gotten any yet?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Tony - Nope, I haven't gotten any yet either...and I bought the KoA pack and Civ V G&K in November so I should have at least one code from EA and 2k.

Never saw this answered, but do aspyr games count for their respective publishers? I bought a couple civ 5 dlcs but I don't know if I bought the 2k ones or aspyr ones. Would like to know before the time to buy games and get the coupons expire.

Ah, I got one of those coupons for buying an EA Game (Alice) but I haven't gotten one for buying a 2K game (Spec Ops, The Darkness, or Duke Nukem Forever) or a THQ game (Darkness Franchise Pack.)

I also bought an EA pack of games (the one with Mirror's Edge), so if I'm understanding this correctly, I only get one coupon per publisher, right?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']You haven't gotten any yet?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Nope. And I bought the THQ Medley (the first time it ran in Nov) and the Desert to Sea Bundle (the first time it ran Aug?)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']You haven't gotten any yet?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I haven't either. Looks like I should have EA and THQ when all is said and done.

Tony - Looks like Endless Space is up on Steam for a Daily Deal (not a Flash Sale) for $10.19. My question to you - Will the $7.49 price that you had ES going for on 12/17 be back before the end of your Holiday Sales or will Amazon simply price match this Steam deal?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='r9800pro']Got 1 Ubisoft, 3x THQ and 3x EA promo credit today but I bought way more EA games in 2012. Shouldn't it be for "ALL" the purchases in 2012 or a specific period ?

Anyway I was hoping to get Need For Speed Most Wanted Ultimate Speed Pack DLC for $5 with the credit but the DLC is not in the EA Holiday Present list. Can you fix that Tony ?[/QUOTE]

Maybe you missed this Tony. Can you get this DLC into EA list ? I think it is the only one missing and ironically enough, it is the only one I want :D

FYI on the codes:

1. It is 1 coupon per publisher per customer, not sure why multiple emails went out.
2. Working on getting everyone else backfilled. Gonna take a bit today.

Cheers,
Tony

Hey guys,

Still in the process of backfilling everything, so if you haven't gotten a THQ, Ubi, or EA coupon yet but should have I'm hoping to have everything updated this afternoon.

Second,

I've been trying to figure out how to respond to the people who are upset that we're giving out $5 to people as a gift. Unfortunately I don't have a good response to this, I can understand price drops...we're handing you a free $5 though in this case. Like I said, I don't have a good response here so I will leave it at:

I'm sorry this is upsetting.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='TraBuch']I've received five EA and five THQ coupons.[/QUOTE]

Again, any extra (more than one email) per publisher can be ignored, the promo is 1 coupon per publisher per customer.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI on the codes:

1. It is 1 coupon per publisher per customer, not sure why multiple emails went out.
2. Working on getting everyone else backfilled. Gonna take a bit today.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clarifying! Now to figure out which deal I want to spend my credits on for each pub...

As a side note, I also wanted to throw in my thanks for all the awesome deals. I've been lurking this thread for a few months and finally have put together a new gaming rig, and I've been enjoying filling my library with more games than I could ever possibly play from you guys. :)

I say ignore the upset people. This is a bonus for everyone that purchased a game in 2012, it really isn't a case of buying a game just to have it go on sale cheaper since everyone is getting the same choices to spend the $5 on no matter when in 2012 you bought the game.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Second,

I've been trying to figure out how to respond to the people who are upset that we're giving out $5 to people as a gift. Unfortunately I don't have a good response to this, I can understand price drops...we're handing you a free $5 though in this case. Like I said, I don't have a good response here so I will leave it at:

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I can see the need to respond, but certainly no reason to apologize. Like you said it's a gift; a reward for continued service as a 2012 consumer. I certainly don't complain that Discover card holders get cash back and I don't (I don't have a Discover card), so I see no valid reason for any animosity directed toward you.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

Still in the process of backfilling everything, so if you haven't gotten a THQ, Ubi, or EA coupon yet but should have I'm hoping to have everything updated this afternoon.

Second,

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
They shouldn't be upset. They chose to jump on a deal they thought was good enough to purchase. Only to get butthurt when they find out something like this later. ( I want Spec ops for example, but I didn't want to pay 10$ for it and both bioshock games because I already have them. I was holding out for a 7.49 sale of just spec ops on steam or somewhere else. And now I can get it for 5$! So thanks a lot man! Phenomenal deals!)

It was like during the summer when SR3+all DLC on Steam sold for like 25$ and then a day or two later it sold for 13$ and everyone got butthurt.

Personally, I bought stuff and got the coupons. And i'm very thankful for them! I think it's a fantastic thing you guys did. It's basically like a loyalty program.

I wouldn't let your jimmies get rustled by a few people whom have rustled jimmies and just want to rustle your jimmies for their own call.

[quote name='xRidley']I say ignore the upset people. This is a bonus for everyone that purchased a game in 2012, it really isn't a case of buying a game just to have it go on sale cheaper since everyone is getting the same choices to spend the $5 on no matter when in 2012 you bought the game.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this as well. Just force yourself to buy something that's $5 maybe. I was thinking of the EA Harry Potter set myself.

Maybe Amazon can have some $5 deals for us. :)

Tony, not sure if this has been answered yet but any chance the older Call of Duty titles will get a better discount that what's on Steam now (50%)?

Hey guys, this has probably been asked but after spending 10 minutes using forum search tools I got nowhere, so I'm asking again.

I've bought a ton of stuff from amazon lately (thanks, Tony!) and this morning I've got about 10 emails offering me credits etc - this is all well and good but the problem is that not all of them tell me what those credits are FOR or what to be spent on. Is there anywhere in my amazon account I can go to see a listing of pending available promotional codes and their respective limitations?

Some were specifically for THQ, but some of them gave me nothing besides 'Must be used on 12-25-12' - please help me resolve this clutter! I mean, meh, thank you regardless! I'm assuming I can only spend these tomorrow, right?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']You won't miss anything :).

AGAIN NOTE: I am in the process of getting everyone who purchased titles from these publishers in 2012 these promo codes. It will likely take the balance of 12/24 to do so.

Here are the details. Just tested everything except 2K (which I have to wait until tomorrow to test):

1. 2K will offer $5 coupons, good for PC Digital 2K products on sale at Amazon.com (greater than $9.99) to every customer who purchased a 2K product in 2012. Coupons can be used from 12/26-12/31
a. Recommended pairings (all of these activate on Steam):
i. 2K Mega Pack - $29.99 ($24.99 after coupon) contains:
1. Bioshock
2. Bioshock 2
3. Borderlands GOTY
4. Civ City: Rome
5. Duke Nukem Forever Complete (DNF + 2 DLCs)
6. Mafia II
7. Civilization V GOTY
8. Civilization IV Complete
9. The Stronghold Collection
ii. 2K Shooter Pack - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) contains:
1. Bioshock
2. Bioshock 2
3. Borderlands GOTY
4. Duke Nukem Forever Complete (DNF + 2 DLCs)
iii. 2K Strategy Pack - $19.99 ($14.99 after coupon) contains:
1. Civilization V GOTY
2. Civilization V Gods & Kings
3. Civilization IV Complete
4. The Stronghold Collection
iv. The WTF Pack - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) contains:
1. Borderlands GOTY
2. Duke Nukem Forever (not complete)
3. The Darkness II
v. The Desert to Sea Pack - $9.99 (4.99 after coupon) contains:
1. Bioshock
2. Bioshock 2
3. Spec Ops: The Line
2. Ubisoft will offer $5 coupons, good for PC Digital Ubisoft products on sale at Amazon.com (greater than $4.99) to every customer who purchased a Ubisoft product in 2012. Coupons can on 12/25 only
a. Recommended pairings (none of these activate on Steam):
i. Assassin’s Creed Revelations - $7.49 ($2.49 after coupon)
ii. Assassin’s Creed Revelations Gold - $13.60 ($8.60 after coupon)
iii. Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood Deluxe - $7.49 ($2.49 after coupon)
3. Electronic Arts will offer $5 coupons, good for PC Digital EA products on sale at Amazon.com (greater than $4.99) to every customer who purchased a EA product in 2012. Coupons can be used from 12/25 only
a. Recommended pairings (these will activate on Origin):
i. Mass Effect Trilogy - $29.99 ($24.99 after coupon) contains:
1. Mass Effect
2. Mass Effect 2
3. Mass Effect 3
ii. The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack - $13.49 ( $8.49 after coupon) contains:
1. Bulletstorm
2. Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
3. Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
4. Mirror’s Edge
5. The Saboteur
4. THQ will offer $5 coupons, good for PC Digital THQ products on sale at Amazon.com (greater than $4.99) to every customer who purchased a THQ product in 2012. Coupons can be used from 12/25 only. We’ll have the Tantalizing THQ Medley ($9.99 or $4.99 w/coupon) and the Darksiders II Franchise ($13.19) on sale again on 12/25 too, either would be a good pairing with this coupon.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kwirl']Hey guys, this has probably been asked but after spending 10 minutes using forum search tools I got nowhere, so I'm asking again.

I've bought a ton of stuff from amazon lately (thanks, Tony!) and this morning I've got about 10 emails offering me credits etc - this is all well and good but the problem is that not all of them tell me what those credits are FOR or what to be spent on. Is there anywhere in my amazon account I can go to see a listing of pending available promotional codes and their respective limitations?

Some were specifically for THQ, but some of them gave me nothing besides 'Must be used on 12-25-12' - please help me resolve this clutter! I mean, meh, thank you regardless! I'm assuming I can only spend these tomorrow, right?[/QUOTE]

Read and enjoy.

THQ....EA....Ubisoft

[quote name='kwirl']Hey guys, this has probably been asked but after spending 10 minutes using forum search tools I got nowhere, so I'm asking again.

Some were specifically for THQ, but some of them gave me nothing besides 'Must be used on 12-25-12' - please help me resolve this clutter! I mean, meh, thank you regardless! I'm assuming I can only spend these tomorrow, right?[/QUOTE]

Hey Kwirl,

Good question.

Not sure why multiple emails went out but the net answer is:

1. The promo is good for 1 coupon per customer per publisher
2. Participating publishers include THQ, EA, Ubisoft (coupons can be used 12/25 only) and 2K (coupons can be used 12/26-12/31)

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I've been trying to figure out how to respond to the people who are upset that we're giving out $5 to people as a gift. Unfortunately I don't have a good response to this, I can understand price drops...we're handing you a free $5 though in this case. Like I said, I don't have a good response here so I will leave it at:

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I don't know why people are upset, especially since people can still get on the deal now? What's the alternative, you don't give people $5?

Can someone explain to me what the problem is? I really don't get it. If it's because games drop in price and better deals are made later, that's the case with everything ever sold, especially digital games. It'd be one thing if it was like Steam's seasonal sales where they do a daily deal, and a flash deal even lower within the same sale promotion. But Tony and Amazon's attempt here seems like nothing but good will towards us, and it honestly feels like he can do no right here if people are going to complain over a freely given $5 promotion at the end of the calendar year.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Read and enjoy.[/QUOTE]

thanks for that! So none of the 10 promotional credits i received this morning are generic credits?

[quote name='kwirl']thanks for that! So none of the 10 promotional credits i received this morning are generic credits?[/QUOTE]

Negative. I'm also unsure why you got 10 credits, but I'm researching.

Cheers,
Tony

I notice the THQ landing page says 'You may use your THQ $5 promo credit on any game download on this page.' but there is a ton of $4.99. So is just some of the landing page list eligible or does the cheap stuff work also?

i hope i get a coupon for buying spec ops the line when it was on sale for tha black friday twitch tv special, i need that 2k coupon for nba2k13!!

Only thing I can see getting so far is Darksiders 2 Franchise pack. That's good enough though. I just hate that all my EA coupons will be going to waste. The only game I think I don't have from them is Alice. I don't even really want the new Most Wanted yet because I'm still playing Hot Pursuit.

I must say that these deals are so great that I'm incredibly overwhelmed. So many great games, but so little time. I'm still on the first continent of KoA:R. I bought that in November. I can't think of what I'll be dealing with in January

Keep it up, Tony!

[quote name='espy605']I don't know why people are upset, especially since people can still get on the deal now? What's the alternative, you don't give people $5?

Can someone explain to me what the problem is? I really don't get it. If it's because games drop in price and better deals are made later, that's the case with everything ever sold, especially digital games. It'd be one thing if it was like Steam's seasonal sales where they do a daily deal, and a flash deal even lower within the same sale promotion. But Tony and Amazon's attempt here seems like nothing but good will towards us, and it honestly feels like he can do no right here if people are going to complain over a freely given $5 promotion at the end of the calendar year.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I mean my 2K promo is coming from when I paid $20 for the Desert to the Sea bundle and $10 for Darkness II. So now people could get either one of those for $5 with this promo. It's fine for me. I'm just going to pick up something else I don't have from 2K. Same thing with THQ.

I know the fact DSII was that price very recently maybe makes it sting more for some, but if we all do this "I paid this much and I feel trolled" act then we could be here all day.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Can't see anything to use my EA coupon on. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Same for me, but for THQ.

Tony, what's gonna happen on the 28th for the Civilization series?

[quote name='xanchui']I notice the THQ landing page says 'You may use your THQ $5 promo credit on any game download on this page.' but there is a ton of $4.99. So is just some of the landing page list eligible or does the cheap stuff work also?[/QUOTE]

Another typo, good catch, fixing.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

Second,

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

You're misunderstanding. I am referring to the Darksiders Deal being put back up and people being allowed to use their $5 credit toward that. If you aren't putting that deal back up (as was reported in this thread) then there isn't a problem. My issue is that I bought the deal on the last day, only for it to be relisted a day later to allow the new $5 to be used toward it. I sent a PM, and I thought I explained it well enough, but apparently not.

The issue is not with the $5 credit. The issue is re-listing one of your sales without notice inside of a week (just a couple days actually) and allowing that coupon (that we weren't given ANY notice about either) to be used against it, thereby making an even better deal. Once again this is punishing early adopters, and you are running a severe risk of alienating people because they will be affraid to jump on a good deal if they know you have a history of screwing over the people that made that deal a success in it's first iteration (like what you did with the paradox deals). This is bad business. I am bringing it to your attention for the second time. If you don't see a problem with it then so be it. But I stand by my initial response that it is a dick move. And not appreciated.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Negative. I'm also unsure why you got 10 credits, but I'm researching.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

thanks, from what I read, I'm guessing these are going to be only usable tomorrow, right?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Exactly. I mean my 2K promo is coming from when I paid $20 for the Desert to the Sea bundle and $10 for Darkness II. So now people could get either one of those for $5 with this promo. It's fine for me. I'm just going to pick up something else I don't have from 2K. Same thing with THQ.

I know the fact DSII was that price very recently maybe makes it sting more for some, but if we all do this "I paid this much and I feel trolled" act then we could be here all day.[/QUOTE]

I think people conveniently forget that they've owned and played the game long before today's date and that's what they paid for when they bought it. This has always been true with video games, especially new releases. It's not like he dropped all these prices within the last week.

DSII is a little different I'll grant you, but the price of DSII hasn't really dropped, you can use the credit on any THQ game. I would seriously give THQ promotions a break anyway, they fire-saled their entirely catalogue and they're still going bankrupt.

[quote name='kwirl']thanks, from what I read, I'm guessing these are going to be only usable tomorrow, right?[/QUOTE]

Yes, with 2K being the exception.

[quote name='walkonshadows']You're misunderstanding. I am referring to the Darksiders Deal being put back up and people being allowed to use their $5 credit toward that. If you aren't putting that deal back up (as was reported in this thread) then there isn't a problem. My issue is that I bought the deal on the last day, only for it to be relisted a day later to allow the new $5 to be used toward it. I sent a PM, and I thought I explained it well enough, but apparently not.

The issue is not with the $5 credit. The issue is re-listing one of your sales without notice inside of a week (just a couple days actually) and allowing that coupon (that we weren't given ANY notice about either) to be used against it, thereby making an even better deal. Once again this is punishing early adopters, and you are running a severe risk of alienating people because they will be affraid to jump on a good deal if they know you have a history of screwing over the people that made that deal a success in it's first iteration (like what you did with the paradox deals). This is bad business. I am bringing it to your attention for the second time. If you don't see a problem with it then so be it. But I stand by my initial response that it is a dick move. And not appreciated.[/QUOTE]

I totally understand what you're saying, and am sorry you feel that way. As with all our promos, we'll monitor all customer feedback, and data associated with the impact to early adopters (and communication about deals like this) and determine the direction of future promos.

Cheers,
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back