Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Is DLC still even being released for Saints Row 3? I don't see any mention of a Season Pass in the description for Amazon, but it's included in Steam's SR3 sale. I'd rather get it off of Amazon with the $5 off coupon, but if there's still DLC coming out I have Steam credit I haven't even started to use, and I can just use the promotion on the Darksiders franchise.

[quote name='forthenguyen']Is DLC still even being released for Saints Row 3? I don't see any mention of a Season Pass in the description for Amazon, but it's included in Steam's SR3 sale. I'd rather get it off of Amazon with the $5 off coupon, but if there's still DLC coming out I have Steam credit I haven't even started to use, and I can just use the promotion on the Darksiders franchise.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the season pass is included in the collection.

[quote name='Biglen23']Wow the threads really moving fast ... Just have two questions I'm sure have been answered alot so sorry in advance :/

1. For the coupons for tomorrow, if I buy a thq game before today is over will I get a coupon that's useable for tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

Curious about this as well. I'd buy a THQ game right now to get the coupon to apply it to the Darksiders pack. Also 2 other questions..

1) Which companies gave out the coupons? I bought the Batman pack from WB but never received a coupon for WB, is it only certain companies if so which ones?

2) Is it possible to check what credits we have applied to our accounts? I have 3-emails from Ubisoft, but as I saw a couple pages ago we can only use 1 coupon but just curious what other credits I have on there. I bought 8-9 games last month.

3) Is it at all possible to trade coupons?

Hmm, where are all the haters that gave me crap about the Darksiders bundle?

Basically "OMG best deal evah."

Saying it would get no cheaper. How dare I not purchase?

Idiots.

[quote name='turls']Hmm, where are all the haters that gave me crap about the Darksiders bundle?

Basically "OMG best deal evah."

Saying it would get no cheaper. How dare I not purchase?

Idiots.[/QUOTE]

Get over it.

I asked it once, but I'll ask it again. What's the cheapest thing I can buy to get me a 2K coupon? Somehow I went all of 2012 without buying a 2K game.

Bought Nexiuz about 5 minutes ago, received my code about 30 seconds later.

Guess ill use it on Darksiders

edit: Ill have a original Darksiders code that I don't need, I know it's old but I'm sure somebody will put it to good use

[quote name='kinney_bmx']Bought Nexiuz about 5 minutes ago, received my code about 30 seconds later.

edit: Ill have a original Darksiders code that I don't need, I know it's old but I'm sure somebody will put it to good use[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this post, I just did the same and got the THQ credit immediately as well. Ironically enough, as soon as I did this, I got spammed with about 8 promotional credits at the same time from my purchases last month. Maybe they get stuck or something and my purchase unclogged the system lol :)

[quote name='Mippo']Thanks for this post, I just did the same and got the THQ credit immediately as well. Ironically enough, as soon as I did this, I got spammed with about 8 promotional credits at the same time from my purchases last month. Maybe they get stuck or something and my purchase unclogged the system lol :)[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me, bought something and got a bunch of promo emails. I figured it was the past purchases finally coming through but it ended up being random promo credits for free2play games.

[quote name='Idiotekque']+5

I PMed Tony about it too. C'mon![/QUOTE]

+whatever number's next :p

ME3 is one of the only EA games out now that I don't have & still want. Don't make me go to Gamefly Tony!!! :D

[quote name='Mooby']Tony,

I need your word of honor that Lego LOTR and Scribblenauts won't become Editor's Choice games and get 75% off sales in January!![/QUOTE]

[quote name='walkonshadows']This was asked about the Darksider's Franchise Bundle as well, and his response was:

"Any additions to the the January list are dependent on performance during December :)."

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10295653&postcount=9236[/QUOTE]

That makes me afraid of purchasing Lego LOTR just to have it $5 cheaper in a few days.

[quote name='argyle']+whatever number's next :p

ME3 is one of the only EA games out now that I don't have & still want. Don't make me go to Gamefly Tony!!! :D[/QUOTE]

Sneaky. PM and then use a coupon. :)

[quote name='kinney_bmx']Bought Nexiuz about 5 minutes ago, received my code about 30 seconds later.

[/QUOTE]

Tried this for the heck of it and it definitely works. So now I've got my Ubisoft and THQ coupons. Just waiting on the EA one then the 2K one sometime tomorrow.

Also, another poster said after getting their one code when they bought Nexuiz, they receieved more "Promotional Credit" emails. I'd like to clarify that none of those emails were for the other publisher codes, just for the Best of 2012 sale and some random F2P offers.

Weird how I haven't gotten my Ubisoft coupon still. Guess I'm in the back of the line since the only Ubi purchases I made were in Feb-March.

Has Tony ever said who we should talk to if we don't receive a coupon we think we are entitled to? Is it CS or what?

[quote name='nategator']Weird how I haven't gotten my Ubisoft coupon still. Guess I'm in the back of the line since the only Ubi purchases I made were in Feb-March.

Has Tony ever said who we should talk to if we don't receive a coupon we think we are entitled to? Is it CS or what?[/QUOTE]

I've got a dev online still, he is working on getting the rest out.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='chaosking121']Tried this for the heck of it and it definitely works. So now I've got my Ubisoft and THQ coupons. Just waiting on the EA one then the 2K one sometime tomorrow.

Also, another poster said after getting their one code when they bought Nexuiz, they receieved more "Promotional Credit" emails. I'd like to clarify that none of those emails were for the other publisher codes, just for the Best of 2012 sale and some random F2P offers.[/QUOTE]

I checked them, they were just the promotional F2P and the other ones associated with that purchase. One was for a download link for later since I'm not at home, one for the THQ credit and one for a $5 credit in January. So a ~5 e-mail spam looked better then it turned out to be, but it still worked to get the $5 credit for THQ from the cheap 99 cent Nexuiz purchase which effectively takes $4 off the price of the Darksiders Franchise for those of us who waited :)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I've got a dev online still, he is working on getting the rest out.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I have multiple thq and 2k purchases this year and have yet to receive coupons for them. Hoping its resolved by tomorrow.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I've got a dev online still, he is working on getting the rest out.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

No worries, more of a "just in case" question since I bet tomorrow will be crazy on this thread and you do need to carve out at least some time for family. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang, the Need for Speed Most Wanted sale will be the day after Christmas. Guess I'll use my $5 coupons to buy friends games cause I just about own everything I want already.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Holy cow you have someone still working this late on Christmas Eve, I sure hope someone is buying him like a 6 pack, a pizza and giving him a nice holiday bonus, dang that is some serious dedication. All for a promo for us to enjoy on this wonderful holiday, I sure hope people stop being so silly about the whole $5 credit gift, and stop looking a gift horse in the mouth. It is a time to be together and be giving why be such a scrooge? Anyways Happy Holidays to all and thank you for your amazing work Tony and those who help make all your magic possible. Don't forget to have fun everyone and have a great holiday!

-monkeyz

Tony (or anyone else that might know), why can we only buy one digital game at a time? I would really like to be able to buy multiple things at once instead of being forced to buy one at a time.

Not everybody celebrates Christmas and this year it's not an extended weekend. But yes, nice to have someone working late the day before a one-day promo.

Tony its Christmas Eve sometimes it's just best to call it a night, especially on a holiday.

Regardless I personally wanna thank you for all you have done in 2012 its single handidly because of you many of us have been able to take advantage of such amazing deals. I think that is what makes us such faithful customers knowing that you always have the customers best interest at heart.

No company has gone to the lengths that you have to take care of the customer.

Thanks again for all you do Tony and don't let the complainers bring you down.

[quote name='MRGx']still haven't received my 2K coupon, guessing it'll come right before 2am. anyone else still waiting?[/QUOTE]

it wont work until the 26th anyways. Tony said they're working through the other publishers first since their coupons only work on the 25th whereas the 2K coupons work from the 26th through the 31st

[quote name='dfg']I think it was stated 2K coupons come out on the 25th and are valid the 26th.[/QUOTE]

hm, didn't know that. oh well. now to wait.

Okay, so this is bugging me now. Got a couple questions on a game that's been on an unanounced sale for a while: Rayman Origins.

Tony, I'm aware that Amazon already has Rayman Origins for a cheaper price than Steam. Is it at all possible for you guys, like Steam, to get a DRM Free version of it, or even a Steam-redeemable one? Rayman Origins came in two varations: TAGES, DRM-Free. That's why on the Steam page for it it says that there's no third party DRM, Steam's just an installer basically. I'm not sure how integrated it is, but you can run the game standalone, without Steam, and be fine. It sucks that there's a very limited few groups who could get Rayman Origins; I knew retail had it like that but that's near non-existent far as I've looked, wasn't sure if Steam did or didn't but know now, and am wondering if you guys can be the other big dog with it. The game's long since past any "grace period" that could reasonably be expected for piracy measures on Ubisoft's end, so I'm hoping that something could be done (and if possible, make it for January! >_>)

I also find it weird that the game is just sort of there, not in any lists at all regarding a sale. Still, if there's anything you can do on it that'd be great.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Would be great if Amazon just got their mailing system working properly so Tony wouldn't have to deal with that nonsense...[/QUOTE]

It really needs to be better integrated on the website. I should be able to see all the credits on my account, even if they aren't able to used at the moment or what have you.

[quote name='DarkZero104']Okay, so this is bugging me now. Got a couple questions on a game that's been on an unanounced sale for a while: Rayman Origins.

Tony, I'm aware that Amazon already has Rayman Origins for a cheaper price than Steam. Is it at all possible for you guys, like Steam, to get a DRM Free version of it, or even a Steam-redeemable one? Rayman Origins came in two varations: TAGES, DRM-Free. That's why on the Steam page for it it says that there's no third party DRM, Steam's just an installer basically. I'm not sure how integrated it is, but you can run the game standalone, without Steam, and be fine. It sucks that there's a very limited few groups who could get Rayman Origins; I knew retail had it like that but that's near non-existent far as I've looked, wasn't sure if Steam did or didn't but know now, and am wondering if you guys can be the other big dog with it. The game's long since past any "grace period" that could reasonably be expected for piracy measures on Ubisoft's end, so I'm hoping that something could be done (and if possible, make it for January! >_>)

I also find it weird that the game is just sort of there, not in any lists at all regarding a sale. Still, if there's anything you can do on it that'd be great.[/QUOTE]

I'm planning on buying this with my Ubisoft Coupon at once it's live. My brother owns it for his Vita and it looks pretty good (he loves it, but he's 9 so I don't know if that counts for much). Played Rayman's Jungle Run for my Galaxy S3 and it was a blast too, so for $5 after coupon, I think it's a worthwhile purchase.

I guess I'd also like any clarification on the DRM (or lack of) used in the Amazon DD version of Rayman Origins :) Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back