Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
So I got the full package. i already have SR3 from the humble bundle, so if anyone that didn't get a thq code and buys only the season pass, i'll trade you for it with my full package code. save 2.50 :p pm if interested.

[quote name='shrinerr']So I got the full package. i already have SR3 from the humble bundle, so if anyone that didn't get a thq code and buys only the season pass, i'll trade you for it with my full package code. save 2.50 :p pm if interested.[/QUOTE]

Just as an FYI the Season pass doesn't come with all the DLC so you might just want to use it yourself -- it'll just override your base game and give you all the DLC

[quote name='60fps']I don't want my EA credit to go to waste, but I don't see anything I would want besides Alice. I got almost everything else from them through either Amazon or that Origin flub.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I'm finding the EA coupon to be practically useless myself.

got SR3 and the season pass months ago, had a 5$ voucher, complete bundle for 2.49$, not bad. i want all the DLC.

I got more games from amazon this season than steam, nice deals.

Saint's Row 3 Complete (2.49$)
Lego LotR (7.49$)
Scribblenauts Unlimited (7.49$)

Got these 3 games already on PS3, but since DLC cost on PS3 is higher than getting the current sale price of these ones, why not get the PC version as well, then i can sell my PS3 copy.
Kingdoms of Amalur Complete (11.99$)
Dark Souls (14.99$)
Darksiders Franchise Pack (10.19$, had a 3$ voucher)

considering getting the Harry Batman Bundle (harry potter 1-4, 5-7, and Batman 2).

sucks the Lego Pirates is non-steam.

hope they add more sales later today :D

Can't decide on Darksiders 2. Is the DLC any good? The game didn't get the best reviews, but it's tempting at $5 with the promotional credits.

[quote name='Logain8955']Do multiple credits stack? Bought a few games yesterday and got 2 EA coupons. Probably going to use em on SimCity 5 if they stack.[/QUOTE]

No.

Tony

I'm going to ask again... the THQ coupon is only deducting $4.49 on SR3: Full Package instead of full $5. What gives? Does it have something to do with the $3 digital game coupon also applying to the order?

Anyone know if your free 30 days of FFXI starts right when you buy it? Good deal on the game, but not sure if I'd get around to playing it for awhile.

I do really want only SR3 Season Pack, but I can't use promo code on it, and now it's 2 times more pricy than the game with all DLC. I enjoy more unlocking things in game by playing than getting everything from start, so by buying full package I would pay to get less fun from game. Meh.

Tony, I know you don't want to give anything for free with this $5 discounts, so I'm not asking for $5.01, but I would gladly pay $1-2 just for that season pass. Is there any chance that you'll slightly increse price of it?

[quote name='r9800pro']Do orders work instantly for everyone ? It is my 3rd order since yesterday and it takes ~20 minutes for the order to go through and email to arrive

Also please Tony, is this gonna happen ? :

Need For Speed Most Wanted Ultimate Speed Pack DLC

It is not in EA present list and promo credit doesn't apply to it :cry:[/QUOTE]

You may want to check Origin store, it is on sale for me there.

Just got Saints Row The Third without problems with the THQ coupon, all good, one key :)

It's coal in my stocking this year. Bought a whole crud load of games this year and did not receive any emails at all. Just got one that asked me to shop the goldbox event. :(

Aww, X-Com is only half off? I was ready for it to be $15 so I could come back and be fake outraged that it is lower than the $20 (at Gamefly) I bought it for just days ago. :lol:

[quote name='cskcsk']Are there any games from the developers that are giving out the $5 coupons that are near $5 in price?[/QUOTE]

I got the HAWKX 2 DLC for $1.49 ($6.49 minus the $5 discount) so yes if you can find something near enough, but over, $5 that you actually like it will work.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Ah shit. Didn't realize the Genesis games bundle was non-Steam. Could've sworn it was, maybe it was in a previous sale.

Oh well.[/QUOTE]

The are versions for both. You have to be careful which one you get. The "Steam" part is near the top but it's really tiny and easy to miss. I like the old way with the big yellow signs.

I had to wake up at 6:30 in the morning, but I got Saints Row The Third Full Package for $2.50. Now the question is, should I be embarassed that I woke up at 6:30 in the morning to buy a video game? Oh well, back to sleep.

[quote name='Zmaj']Is Guild Wars 2 for USA only, or can I play in Europe too?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter where you buy it from GW2 is not region locked. European and US servers are open to anyone.

For the People who seem to be having a reading comprehension problem

usonly.jpg

AKA We know you are using a fake address to buy a game that you are not supposed to be buying but try not to be so damned obvious about it

Also don't bitch about known or potential regional restrictions for a game that is explicitly being sold to the US ONLY.

[quote name='FlipSide']Doesn't matter where you buy it from GW2 is not region locked. European and US servers are open to anyone.[/QUOTE]
Are you 100% sure? I heard that the opposite - that North American bought game will not work in Europe and vice versa - but don't have that info confirmed. Just want to be absolutely sure, since I would be buying it as a gift :)

EDIT: Seems I might be right, if I understand this correctly:

For customers in the North American and European regions, upon registration our servers will perform a one-time check to ensure your serial code matches the region you are connecting from. Customers in North America must register the North American version of the game; customers in Europe must register the European version of the game; customers in other regions may register either version. When you purchase the game from buy.guildwars2.com, you automatically will receive the correct version of the game.
After successfully completing account registration, your account becomes a global account, and you can roam to any part of the world and still access the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ceron']So I guess that means the 2k code can't be used on X-Com, since X-Com is on sale 12-25 only and the 2k code starts on 12-26.[/QUOTE]

I was under the impression that the 2K Games codes were not showing up for many people. I still have yet to receive mine and I want to buy one of their bundles today. Is it too late for me to have gotten one for their games. Also I don't see an EA one as well. I've only received my Ubisoft and THQ ones. I bought my 2k games earlier in the year, not yesterday.

If I buy like a 32 cent(thq) dlc do I get the thq 5 dollar discount email? I'd like to know before I purchase darksiders 2

[quote name='Broken Cage']I had to wake up at 6:30 in the morning, but I got Saints Row The Third Full Package for $2.50. Now the question is, should I be embarassed that I woke up at 6:30 in the morning to buy a video game? Oh well, back to sleep.[/QUOTE]
Not unless it's going to muck up your sleeping pattern or have any non-trivial negative effect.

[quote name='rawgamer']I was under the impression that the 2K Games codes were not showing up for many people. I still have yet to receive mine and I want to buy one of their bundles today. Is it too late for me to have gotten one for their games. Also I don't see an EA one as well. I've only received my Ubisoft and THQ ones.[/QUOTE]

For some of us no codes arrived for any of the promotions. If you got any of the codes count yourself as lucky.

[quote name='Zmaj']Are you 100% sure? I heard that the opposite - that North American bought game will not work in Europe and vice versa - but don't have that info confirmed. Just want to be absolutely sure, since I would be buying it as a gift :)[/QUOTE]

The keys for Guild Wars 2 are region locked. While the other poster was correct that the servers accessible by players from different continents, a key purchased from Amazon will not activate in Europe.

[quote name='poxi']i do really want only sr3 season pack, but i can't use promo code on it, and now it's 2 times more pricy than the game with all dlc. I enjoy more unlocking things in game by playing than getting everything from start, so by buying full package i would pay to get less fun from game. Meh.

Tony, i know you don't want to give anything for free with this $5 discounts, so i'm not asking for $5.01, but i would gladly pay $1-2 just for that season pass. Is there any chance that you'll slightly increse price of it?[/quote]

+1

[quote name='Shrowd']For some of us no codes arrived for any of the promotions. If you got any of the codes count yourself as lucky.[/QUOTE]

OK good to know then, does anyone know if Rayman Legends would activate on Uplay, I kind of have to use it now since I bought Far Cry 3 from the Ubishop. I've tried searching for this info and of course looked on the product page on Amazon and all it says is it is TAGES drm which I would prefer not to have on my games if at all possible. I just find it ironic on the coupons that I have bought like 8 2k Games digital items and didn't get a coupon. I bought one Ubisoft download but I get that one lol.

[quote name='Zmaj']Are you 100% sure? I heard that the opposite - that North American bought game will not work in Europe and vice versa - but don't have that info confirmed. Just want to be absolutely sure, since I would be buying it as a gift :)

EDIT: Seems I might be right, if I understand this correctly:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ethereality']The keys for Guild Wars 2 are region locked. While the other poster was correct that the servers accessible by players from different continents, a key purchased from Amazon will not activate in Europe.[/QUOTE]

Ah i see, probably just the amazon digital version. Bought a couple of retail versions and gave keys to friends outside of USA and they didn't have problems activating them.

How did you guys get the Darsiders bundle to work? My THQ link just gives me a page with Darsiders 2 but not the "complete pack"

[quote name='sjchmura']How did you guys get the Darsiders bundle to work? My THQ link just gives me a page with Darsiders 2 but not the "complete pack"[/QUOTE]

Just click the link in the OP and buy it from there. My credit applied automatically.

[quote name='swizzy']If I buy like a 32 cent(thq) dlc do I get the thq 5 dollar discount email? I'd like to know before I purchase darksiders 2[/QUOTE]

That is a very good question. If they haven't stopped issuing the THQ codes by now, then yes you should get the THQ $5 discount email within minutes. If they have stopped issuing them, then you'll receive nothing and there will be no THQ code.

The question is whether it's worth risking $0.32 to take the gamble and find out? And then, of course, you'll have to let everyone else know the outcome. If it works, you'll be declared a hero!

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Just click the link in the OP and buy it from there. My credit applied automatically.[/QUOTE]

Too simple at 6:30 am. I can't believe I woke up like a toddler to see if I got my coupons :)

[quote name='Chazzzer']That is a very good question. If they haven't stopped issuing the THQ codes by now, then yes you should get the THQ $5 discount email within minutes. If they have stopped issuing them, then you'll receive nothing and there will be no THQ code.

The question is whether it's worth risking $0.32 to take the gamble and find out? And then, of course, you'll have to let everyone else know the outcome. If it works, you'll be declared a hero![/QUOTE]
no one knows eh? well i want a cheaper darksider bundle anyway so lets find out :p brb

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back