Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='juanjava']I read many bad things about brotherhood...[/QUOTE]

I really liked AC2 and ACB the best of the club...
...ACR I have not finished, but I did NOT like BOTH the new Desmond 1st-person puzzle missions and Tower Defense missions.

Keep in mind, I've not played AC3, as well...

[quote name='Mugatu']Not true - the link in the e-mail took me to a page of games that it applied to and Assassin's Creed was right there. Right in the e-mail it says it applies to $4.99 games.[/QUOTE]

Tony stated previously that the system is set up to NOT allow free games after the credit is applied. Let me see if I can find the post...

Found it:

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Lastly the program is specifically designed NOT to pass out free games so it is essentially $4.99+ or $5+ (meaning MORE than)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tritangle']I tried to apply it to AC2 Deluxe and it didn't work. The email I got said "priced at $4.99" -- I guess they forgot the words "higher than".[/QUOTE]

I don't think that's it because then they also screwed up the promo page which shows AssCred 1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000894291

Ubisoft Holiday Present
You may use your Ubisoft $5 promo credit on any game download on this page. Credit must be used on December 25, 2012 only. Limit 1 coupon redemption per customer.

[quote name='MysterD']Yeah, that was madness, doing all that activating of Darksiders 2 DLC, hehe.
Imagine if SR:TT - Full Package's DLC had to be activated all separately... ;)[/QUOTE]

I'd prefer it. I have the game, season pass, and some extra dlc from here and there. Since I beat it ages ago I'd like the rest of the dlc to dick around with here and there but the sale prices on the dlc by itself always suck. Costs more to buy my missing dlc than the full package but its not worth $7.50 to me.

[quote name='juanjava']I read many bad things about brotherhood...[/QUOTE]

I thought the best game in terms of "gaming" and all the things you could do, including multiplayer, is Brotherhood.
AC2 is the best game, story-wise though.
I didn't care much for Revelations -- best part was the Intro.

Question: Does guild wars 2 come with a steam key? Amazon is rocking the holiday deals this year, Tony has really livened things up over there. Great job, man.

Never thought I'd say this, but: Eff steam (their holiday sale anyway, the worst ever). At least someone is picking up the slack, and doing a great job at it. Merry christmas everyone!

As a reminder:

1. Customers who purchased THQ/EA/Ubisoft/2K Digital Video games from Amazon will get a $5 credit to use on more games from the corresponding publisher.
2. Coupons for EA/THQ/UBisoft may be used on 12/25 only and only for products GREATER THAN $5.
3. Coupons for 2K may be used from 12/26-12/31 and only on products $9.99 AND ABOVE.
4. Customers may use 1 coupon per account per publisher this means if you purchased 1 or 30 games from each publisher you are still entitled to/eligible for 1 credit from each publisher.
5. If you purchased a 2K product on 12/24 your credit will be delayed as we need to pull information out of our system, which won't propagate for a few hours.

It's on the front page.

[quote name='Mugatu']Not true - the link in the e-mail took me to a page of games that it applied to and Assassin's Creed was right there. Right in the e-mail it says it applies to $4.99 games.[/QUOTE]

The email for EA clearly states ABOVE $4.99 but the Ubisoft one is a bit cryptic. Says priced at $4.99. That's a shame. So technically you are right.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Tony stated previously that the system is set up to NOT allow free games after the credit is applied. Let me see if I can find the post...[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I don't follow this thread but the e-mail took me to a page that still to this very minute says it applies.

If it doesn't apply then I'm fine with Amazon taking my key away and refunding me but it still says it applies.

[quote name='MysterD']Yup!
I've got ALL the DLC. :D
You DO NOT get a gift of the original SR:TT base game to give away to someone else, though... :([/QUOTE]

Thank you, I was curious about how it was going to work

[quote name='Xedeus']The email for EA clearly states ABOVE $4.99 but the Ubisoft one is a bit cryptic. Says priced at $4.99. That's a shame. So technically you are right.[/QUOTE]

No ti does not. And the link the e-mail sends you to lists the game and there it does not say above either., it says you can use the credit on any game on that page.

Thank you for purchasing from Amazon.com.

Your recent order xxx entitles you to a promotional credit which we have added to your account. This credit can be applied to your next qualifying purchase.

Promotion details:
Additional information on this offer can be found here.

Thank you for your purchase of a Ubisoft Digital Video Game in 2012 from Amazon.com. To thank you, Ubisoft and Amazon would like to offer you a $5 credit towards any Ubisoft Digital Video Game Sold by Amazon.com and priced $4.99 on 12/25 only. To redeem your credit visit: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000894291 purchase the game of your choice, and your credit will automatically be applied upon checkout. Note, credit may only be used once per customer and must be used on 12/25/2012 only.

The promotional credit must be used by December 25, 2012. This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions.

Thanks again for shopping with us.

Amazon.com
Earth's Biggest Selection

[quote name='lassiterb']Question: Does guild wars 2 come with a steam key? Amazon is rocking the holiday deals this year, Tony has really livened things up over there. Great job, man.

Never thought I'd say this, but: Eff steam (their holiday sale anyway, the worst ever). At least someone is picking up the slack, and doing a great job at it. Merry christmas everyone![/QUOTE]

Guild Wars 2 isn't on Steam so you won't get a Steam key.

[quote name='Mugatu']No ti does not. And the link the e-mail sends you to lists the game and there it does not say above either., it says you can use the credit on any game on that page.[/QUOTE]
I know. Read my post again. I said EA's email, not Ubi. I saw Ubi's says "priced at $4.99" Again, that's a shame and you are correct.

[quote name='pROvIs']I'd prefer it. I have the game, season pass, and some extra dlc from here and there. Since I beat it ages ago I'd like the rest of the dlc to dick around with here and there but the sale prices on the dlc by itself always suck. Costs more to buy my missing dlc than the full package but its not worth $7.50 to me.[/QUOTE]

Well, I would've preferred to have them separately so I could give-away repeat items I had (SR:TT base game, that car DLC Tony gave out)...
....but, I didn't own most of the SR:TT content.

If I was like you and owed the SR:TT base game + Season Pass + some Extra DLC - yeah, I'd be in the same boat w/ you.

I guess it's b/c I spent $2.49 total (after $5 coupon - since I own most of the THQ stuff I already wanted and was missing most SR:TT DLC content) that I just am glad to have the REST of the DLC.

Now, I just need to find an Ubi game + EA game.
Since I own so many Ubi titles and ain't up for spending a fortune, I Am Alive looks like it might have to do.
Who knows what I'd want for an EA game, heh - I own so many EA games, it ain't even funny...

I can't find anything really on sale from EA, so I guess I won't be using the coupon...

On the otherhand, tough choice between SRTT:FP and DS Franchise.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Tony stated previously that the system is set up to NOT allow free games after the credit is applied. Let me see if I can find the post...

Found it:

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Lastly the program is specifically designed NOT to pass out free games so it is essentially $4.99+ or $5+ (meaning MORE than)[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mugatu']Sorry, I don't follow this thread but the e-mail took me to a page that still to this very minute says it applies.

If it doesn't apply then I'm fine with Amazon taking my key away and refunding me but it still says it applies.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there was a bit of clarification needed on this previously. I actually didn't realize Tony had updated the OP to include that extra info. At least if you get CS to refund you, you should still have access to your promo credit, so it's not all terrible.

[quote name='MysterD']
Since I own so many Ubi titles and ain't up for spending a fortune, I Am Alive looks like it might have to do.
Who knows what I'd want for an EA game, heh - I own so many EA games, it ain't even funny...[/QUOTE]

Pet Catz 2 FTW!

I ended up getting The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack from EA and will likely pick up R6V2 from Ubi.

Tony I just went to buy nexuiz and it is showing as 4.99 but according to the OP it should be .99 through today. Will it come back down to .99 today?

[quote name='MysterD']Well, I would've preferred to have them separately so I could give-away repeat items I had (SR:TT base game, that car DLC Tony gave out)...
....but, I didn't own most of the SR:TT content.

If I was like you and owed the SR:TT base game + Season Pass + some Extra DLC - yeah, I'd be in the same boat w/ you.

I guess it's b/c I spent $2.49 total (after $5 coupon - since I own most of the THQ stuff I already wanted and was missing most SR:TT DLC content) that I just am glad to have the REST of the DLC.

Who knows what I'd want for an EA game, heh - I own so many EA games, it ain't even funny...[/QUOTE]

I'd buy it for $2.50 just not $7.50 but unfortunately I used my $5 on the darksiders pack for my nephews before realizing it was single use only.

[quote name='Cloulien']Tony I just went to buy nexuiz and it is showing as 4.99 but according to the OP it should be .99 through today. Will it come back down to .99 today?[/QUOTE]

According to the first post, the sale on Nexuiz ended on 12/24.

Ok, talked to a rep on the phone and he offered to give me back my gift card since it wouldn't let him retroactively apply the credit but he said their system is having problem with the promo so when you check out make sure it's being applied or call/e-mail them.

So guys, I bought, downloaded and installed Rayman:Origins ($5 with coupon :D) and I don't see any sign that Tages was installed along with the game. Did some basic Google searching but I can't find any of the files they say that Tages should install. Also, I was never asked to manually enter my Serial Number, but I mainly buy from Steam (through Amazon mostly) so I don't know if that's normal.

Any idea how I could figure out if Tages was installed? Would really love this to be a DRM Free version like Steam's :D

Definitely a nice sale on Guild Wars 2, may bite on it since the deluxe sale on the official site at $44.99 is over and I missed it both times.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']Thank you, I was curious about how it was going to work[/QUOTE]

Usually, unless it says otherwise on the Steam page...
You don't get extra gifts on stuff that you already own, if you say buy a better pack to redeem it that has some stuff in it you own already.

Anyone else not get any of the promotional emails? Been waiting patiently and I more than qualify, yet not even one email has come though, all I got was the email for the Video Game Gold Box . This is kinda cruddy, I have spent a great deal this past year on Amazon Direct Downloads.

Tony ,

any hope on getting Settlers 7 on sale? that would be so cool! it's already low on several site but i would like to just give my money to amazon :D , maybe match the 6 dollar price on the DVD version ?

I already owned Saints Row The Third and some DLC, but when I can know it down to $2.50? Yes, please.

As for the others, well Ubisoft almost got me with < $5 for Rayman Origins, but I decided to pay $10 for it on Steam because I have this vision of myself owning a Steambox (or building something like it) and wishing to God I had Rayman on a platform I could actually use rather than buy it on no platform and have it laden with TAGES DRM instead. Paying a little more now (especially when I have Steam credit) is preferable to the limitations of not having it on Steam later. Other than that, everything falls under the same problem with Ubi. I wish they'd just embrace Steam. And when even Call of Duty Black Ops 2 gets a sale, then just maybe AC3 or FC3 need to be on sale, too.

For me, the EA credit is worthless. I mean, I'm glad you guys are trying new things, but there's absolutely nothing on sale at EA that when combined with the coupon is anything remotely a deal. At least, not for me. I'd have gotten the Kingdoms of Amalur bundle if it'd stayed 11.99, but they moved it up just in time to avoid the coupon. Oh well. I would have gotten a ME 2 or 3 DD, but nope. No sale. Everything EA moved back up just in time to avoid the coupon. Coupons where prices are raised to make them usable reminds me of the worst practices of grocery stores where prices aren't low to make room for the "(insert grocery name) Card" and its low prices.

I'd rather just have low prices, period.

No offense to you, Tony. You know I love you and your efforts here. It's just this particular type of deal doesn't work when the publisher isn't playing along.

[quote name='Mugatu']Heads up if you use your promotional credit and have just normal Amazon gift card credit, check your gift card balance before and after the sale.

I got a $5 Ubisoft credit and used it to buy Assassin's Creed for $4.99 but the system took $4.99 from my gift card balance and didn't apply the credit so great promo, I got to buy a game and pay for it myself. Hopefully support can clear this up but this is the second time this has happened to me with Amazon, they really need to give you more info at checkout as to where the credit is coming from.[/QUOTE]

At checkout it is always clear where the credit is coming from :

Promotion Applied: -$5.00

Gift Card Applied: -$4.89

I own the amazon, e.i. non steam version, of the Sega Genesis Classic game pack from last year. It came with the first 4 packs and a lot sonic games. I see there is a fifth pack now with games I was disappointed where included in the last bundle. If I purchase the bundle again, since its cheaper then individual packs, do copies of the other four packs?

[quote name='chaosking121']So guys, I bought, downloaded and installed Rayman:Origins ($5 with coupon :D) and I don't see any sign that Tages was installed along with the game. Did some basic Google searching but I can't find any of the files they say that Tages should install. Also, I was never asked to manually enter my Serial Number, but I mainly buy from Steam (through Amazon mostly) so I don't know if that's normal.

Any idea how I could figure out if Tages was installed? Would really love this to be a DRM Free version like Steam's :D[/QUOTE]

1. hit windows key
  2. type tages
  3. alternatively; type rayman
  4. left click on results (presumably the first one)

[quote name='soccerboy09']Saints Row the Third Full Package. Is this a steam key?

I believe it isn't but just wanted to double check.[/QUOTE]

It is. Just bought it and applied it. Had core game, this added all the DLC's to it.

[quote name='soccerboy09']Saints Row the Third Full Package. Is this a steam key?
[/QUOTE]
Yes.
SR: The Third flat-out REQUIRES Steam period.

And yes, SR:TT The Full Package is ONE entire Steam key for EVERYTHING (Base Game, Season Pass DLC stuff, and any other copious amounts of DLC).

All speaking from experience here.

EDIT:
[quote name='Xedeus']It is. Just bought it and applied it. Had core game, this added all the DLC's to it.[/QUOTE]
Same here. :D
I wish b/c I owned SR:TT already, it turned the extra copy of the base game from SR:TT Full Package into a gift, but it doesn't.
I expect that w/ Steam, unless it says otherwise on the game's store page.
I ain't gonna complain too much, when I bought the game for $2.50 just to get all the DLC. ;)

Thanks OP

Would love Saints Row the Third or 2!
Would also like a 2k shooter pack :)

Could Paypal you the money or trade you an extra copy of Terraria! Let me know if anyone is interested :)

[quote name='MysterD']Now, I just need to find an Ubi game + EA game.

Are ANY of the Ubisoft games activated on Steam? Or are they all Uplay?

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']For me, the EA credit is worthless. I mean, I'm glad you guys are trying new things, but there's absolutely nothing on sale at EA that when combined with the coupon is anything remotely a deal. At least, not for me. I'd have gotten the Kingdoms of Amalur bundle if it'd stayed 11.99, but they moved it up just in time to avoid the coupon.
[...]
It's just this particular type of deal doesn't work when the publisher isn't playing along.[/QUOTE]
I agree entirely. There's nothing that I don't already have that seems like a good deal with the coupon. KoA w/ coupon, on the other hand, would have been cheap enough for me to not mind installing Origin.

Hmm, I received multiple promo e-mails so I was under the assumption I could use the promo $5 credit on as many games as I received e-mails for, much like the $5 promo credit that we'll be able to use next month. I was going to buy AC:R Gold and Rayman Origins since I received about 3 Ubisoft promo e-mails but it looks like the $5 credit only applied to AC:R Gold when I bought it and now it won't apply an additional $5 credit to Rayman Origins. I also tried to buy both DLC packs for Kingdoms of Amalur and it only applied a $5 credit to one of them. Well, this was a tad disappointing.

[quote name='Shrowd']Anyone else not get any of the promotional emails? Been waiting patiently and I more than qualify, yet not even one email has come though, all I got was the email for the Video Game Gold Box . This is kinda cruddy, I have spent a great deal this past year on Amazon Direct Downloads.[/QUOTE]

Can you do me a favor and send me 1 order id from each publisher you qualify for credit from. I'll try to get it sorted before I get on my plane.

Edit: Getting on a plane soon so needs to be in the next hour and a half or so, otherwise I likely won't be able to get it as I'm flying across the country.

Cheers,
Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='teenwolf']Are ANY of the Ubisoft games activated on Steam? Or are they all Uplay?[/QUOTE]
Some of the smaller titles (eg: Shoot Many Robots) are Steamworks.

[quote name='LCAWC']Hmm, I received multiple promo e-mails so I was under the assumption I could use the promo $5 credit on as many games as I received e-mails for, much like the $5 promo credit that we'll be able to use next month. I was going to buy AC:R Gold and Rayman Origins since I received about 3 Ubisoft promo e-mails but it looks like the $5 credit only applied to AC:R Gold when I bought it and now it won't apply an additional $5 credit to Rayman Origins. I also tried to buy both DLC packs for Kingdoms of Amalur and it only applied a $5 credit to one of them. Well, this was a tad disappointing.[/QUOTE]

The multiple emails was a glitch.

From the 1st post...

Coupon Update:

Alright, update from the developer here:

1. All orders are currently flowing through our system and to your inboxes/amazon accounts - This is what we've been working on all day, getting things unstuck.

2. The expectation is that you should receive an email within the next several hours. I'd give it a solid 5 and then let me know if you still haven't received.

3. Thanks for the patience. I'm adding this update to the OP.

As a reminder:

1. Customers who purchased THQ/EA/Ubisoft/2K Digital Video games from Amazon will get a $5 credit to use on more games from the corresponding publisher.
2. Coupons for EA/THQ/UBisoft may be used on 12/25 only and only for products GREATER THAN $5.
3. Coupons for 2K may be used from 12/26-12/31 and only on products $9.99 AND ABOVE.
4. Customers may use 1 coupon per account per publisher this means if you purchased 1 or 30 games from each publisher you are still entitled to/eligible for 1 credit from each publisher.
5. If you purchased a 2K product on 12/24 your credit will be delayed as we need to pull information out of our system, which won't propagate for a few hours.

[quote name='teenwolf']Are ANY of the Ubisoft games activated on Steam? Or are they all Uplay?[/QUOTE]

I think AC3 is one of the few UbiSoft UPlay games Tony has that uses Steam.; here's AC3 Not-Steam (UPlay Only).
Keep in mind - if you buy a Steam-key for a UPlay required game, you're gonna have to deal w/ BOTH Steam and UPlay.

Some Indies from UbiSoft might use Steam.
RUSE requires Steam, though.

EDIT:
[quote name='Detruire']Some of the smaller titles (eg: Shoot Many Robots) are Steamworks.[/QUOTE]
Didn't know that about Shoot Many Robots! Thanks! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back