Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
And thus the problem. No matter what the "true" reason for what seems like a knee jerk reaction to people complaining, the example set is that he who complains the loudest, longest, etc. gets noticed/appeased and the behavior is encouraged.

I personally don't buy the reasoning behind what happened and think if the true goal was to collect data and analyze, the promotions should have been allowed to go through as planned and the data should have been analyzed based on that.

I can attest that my brother got the EA email, was excited to use it, then saw the prices and decided against buying anything and he's not a CAG.

All that said, these bonus coupons are just that - bonuses - and if I don't end up using them it's not really a big deal.

I'll save the rest of my complaining for a more appropriate holiday like New Year's!

Merry Christmas to all the CAGs, Tony, Paddington, and the hamsters!

I'm kind of disappointed with the only on xmas deals. I either already have them (borderlands, xcom, thq, darksiders) don't want them (nba and blops2) or the price they're at is attractive but I know I'll never end up playing them (Guild Wars 2).

Sorry Tony, I'm gonna hold out for hoping things like:

War of the Roses (sub $10, $5-8 is my break point where I'd do an instant purchase)
Dead Rising 2 (sub $10)
Arma II (sub $10, mostly I just want to play DayZ I don't care about the game itself)
Disciples III (I'd go for $10)
Hunted the Demon Forge (sub $10)
Blur (sub $10)
Sleeping Dogs DLC
Game of Thrones games (sub $10)
Heroes of Might and Magic (sub $10)
Natural Selection II (sub $10)
Fallen Enchantress
I am Alive
Skyrim ($10-15 would be nice, though I know amazon doesn't sell it)
Dishonored ($10-15 would be nice, same as above)
Dungeons (sub $10)
Age of Empires 3 (sub $10)

Some of these might be a pipe dream until next x-mas though, any chance of these happening? :(

Just got my 2k credit. That BL2 Mechromancer pack will be mine (tommorow)! Also, there is an error on the holiday present page. It says it works on things $5 and up, not $9.99 and up. Just sayin'. Also, I'm hoping for more editors choice games. I keep buying the games I was going to use my coupons on :lol: Heres hoping for FotS!

Anyway, keep up the good work Tony!

[quote name='Gvaz']I'm kind of disappointed with the only on xmas deals. I either already have them (borderlands, xcom, thq, darksiders) don't want them (nba and blops2) or the price they're at is attractive but I know I'll never end up playing them (Guild Wars 2).

War of the Roses (sub $10, $5-8 is my break point where I'd do an instant purchase)
Dead Rising 2 (sub $10)
Arma II (sub $10, mostly I just want to play DayZ I don't care about the game itself)
Blur (sub $10)
Sleeping Dogs DLC
Fallen Enchantress
I am Alive
Dungeons (sub $10)

Some of these might be a pipe dream until next x-mas though, any chance of these happening? :([/QUOTE]

A lot of those aren't even on Amazon like Bethesda and most Capcom stuff. And Stardock stuff...

[quote name='Fluxy']what have u guys bought to get a ea coupon, i cant decide...[/QUOTE]
Without that Syndicate price match (or a repeat of an expired promotion), I didn't see anything that I'd classify as a good deal. :whistle2:(

hey Gvaz, if it's an option to you, ever considered buying some of those games from their retail discs? Hunted in particular stands out of that list you gave. that game's been $4 and $5 from newegg *constantly.*

it's also Bethesda, so you won't be seeing that on amazon until they figure something out (one day...).

[quote name='Mooby']A lot of those aren't even on Amazon like Bethesda and most Capcom stuff. And Stardock stuff...[/QUOTE]

I know, I said that.

[quote name='Fluxy']what have u guys bought to get a ea coupon, i cant decide...[/QUOTE]

Uh probably something earlier in the year because there ain't much EA on sale now.

[quote name='Mooby']A lot of those aren't even on Amazon like Bethesda and most Capcom stuff. And Stardock stuff...[/QUOTE]

Not to mention some of those prices are wildly unrealistic, like 50% less than the lowest sale prices at other competitors.

[quote name='Gvaz']I'm kind of disappointed with the only on xmas deals. I either already have them (borderlands, xcom, thq, darksiders) don't want them (nba and blops2) or the price they're at is attractive but I know I'll never end up playing them (Guild Wars 2).

Dead Rising 2 (sub $10)
Blur (sub $10)
Sleeping Dogs DLC
Fallen Enchantress
I am Alive
Dungeons (sub $10)

Some of these might be a pipe dream until next x-mas though, any chance of these happening? :([/QUOTE]

I've seen Skyrim for around 12.50 - 15 on the Steam trading thread because the GG sale flooded the market.

And Amazon doesn't sell Bethusda (sp?) games. So no Skyrim, Dishonored, Fallout, etc. EDIT: Whoops, someone beat me to it.

Plus, I would rethink Arma II. The DayZ standalone will come out sometime soon and that's the version we're probably going to want.

[quote name='Motoki']Whoever wants cheap Bethesda stuff just hang out in the Steam buy/sell thread in a couple of weeks or so from now.

Nuff said.[/QUOTE]

Excluding Brink which everyone seems to overprice!

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']
I can attest that my brother got the EA email, was excited to use it, then saw the prices and decided against buying anything and he's not a CAG.

All that said, these bonus coupons are just that - bonuses - and if I don't end up using them it's not really a big deal. [/QUOTE]

I think what they are doing is a valid test in collecting data. For example, if they see that a lot of people didn't bother using the promotional credit, like your brother, then they'll see that their sales numbers weren't as high as they could've been and they'll adjust their promotions to make it more attractive next time. On the opposite end, maybe the promotion will still be a hit. It depends on what they are looking to test and how they compare it to past numbers. The reason for the test may be a reaction to the complaints, but it doesn't make it any less valid (in fact, even though I disagree with the complaints, it makes the test even more valid).

[quote name='Mooby']Excluding Brink which everyone seems to overprice![/QUOTE]

Probably because the retail (and even sale) pricing for this game is still unusually high, even though it flopped commercially and critically.

Man, I feel like I should pay someone to take those Brink keys off my hands.

When actually get them, of course.

I couldn't resell that game fast enough. No way is that garbage getting on my Steam library.

I can't find anything I want with the EA or THQ coupon, if someone wants to split something let me know (be realistic about it though).

[quote name='espy605']Probably because the retail (and even sale) pricing for this game is still unusually high, even though it flopped commercially and critically.[/QUOTE]

Yes but when the alternative is to overpay or not to play it at all... I choose the latter!

[quote name='espy605']Probably because the retail (and even sale) pricing for this game is still unusually high, even though it flopped commercially and critically.[/QUOTE]

It may surprise you to know that it was actually a large commercial success selling over 2.5million for them, it just wasn't a critical one.

[quote name='Fluxy']what did they eff up on?[/QUOTE]

The one where people were able to get almost the entire friggin Origin library for FREE and EA basically went..."ehhhh merry early christmas"

[quote name='fgq']I'm torn getting AC:R Gold or Rayman =| any advices?[/QUOTE]

If you played and liked AC2 & AC:B, it's an easy choice. If you haven't, I can't recommend entering the series at AC:R.

[quote name='Motoki']Man, I feel like I should pay someone to take those Brink keys off my hands.

When actually get them, of course.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nategator']I couldn't resell that game fast enough. No way is that garbage getting on my Steam library.[/QUOTE]

I immediately sold that key for a dollar and felt like I had perhaps ripped someone off.

Does anyone know if the current price for Dark Souls will hold until January 5th ... I noticed it qualifies for a $5 off coupon beginning in January but at it's current $14.99 price I feel like it's going to go back up before January 1st and Tony's original post shows it as $17.99

[quote name='nategator']I couldn't resell that game fast enough. No way is that garbage getting on my Steam library.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same and my standards are horribly low. I have Bad Rats and Mission Runway in my Steam Library but Brink? Nope. Not getting in. Sorry.

[quote name='nategator']EA: [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000894301

[SIZE=-1]THQ:[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000894321

[SIZE=-1]Ubisoft:[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000894291

[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Also, here's the 2K link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000894331

[quote name='etcrane']Does anyone know if the current price for Dark Souls will hold until January 5th ... I noticed it qualifies for a $5 off coupon beginning in January but at it's current $14.99 price I feel like it's going to go back up before January 1st and Tony's original post shows it as $17.99[/QUOTE]

Goes up to $17.99 tomorrow, midnight I assume. Just picked it up.

[quote name='asheskitty']If you played and liked AC2 & AC:B, it's an easy choice. If you haven't, I can't recommend entering the series at AC:R.[/QUOTE]

I've finished AC1, haven't started AC2 though and own AC:B. I'm just wondering which would be a solid buy since january sales are coming.

[quote name='MC Kage']Greatest sale ever

900x900px-LL-d8fa6f2b_jblp1HfEJ1wdHK.png
[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

I know right? Now I feel like a grossly overpaid on the Gamersgate screwup. $28 for Skyrim, Dishonored and a bunch of other games? (plus I bought two of those packs and two Stardock packs and got one of those free).

Outrageous! Who do I complain to?

Sorry guys, I had to go there.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Again, no one knows if it really is a vocal minority, that is a likely speculation but outside of gut there are exactly 0 human beings on the earth that know this to be fact. We are going to get the data to change this speculation into fact, either way.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10322795&postcount=11893

Again:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10322795&postcount=11893

More information benefits everyone. Also remember companies test stuff all the time, you all just have someone to tell you about what we're testing and why.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Fair enough. Though it seems like it might be a bit tough to compare the THQ situation with Syndicate given that the THQ Humble bundle also came in the middle and completely reset everyone's expectations of those prices. But hey, whatever. I think if it results in quicker and cheaper prices for us, then I am all for it.

Either way, I do think that given that you did refer to going in and "huddling" with others in response to some of the issues brought up by the complainers on this thread with an end result being this new plan to analyze, it does at least seem like the decision came as a result of the whining.

Oh well, I guess we will all know more when we see the final Editor's Choice list :)

[quote name='Motoki']:rofl:

I know right? Now I feel like a grossly overpaid on the Gamersgate screwup. $28 for Skyrim, Dishonored and a bunch of other games? (plus I bought two of those packs and two Stardock packs and got one of those free).

Outrageous! Who do I complain to?

Sorry guys, I had to go there.[/QUOTE]
I know a guy, but you have to wait until Amazon carries Bethesda :cool:

[quote name='Motoki']I feel the same and my standards are horribly low. I have Bad Rats and Mission Runway in my Steam Library but Brink? Nope. Not getting in. Sorry.[/QUOTE]
I would've happily added it to my library if I hadn't been able to sell it. Now that I already have games locked to my account that I'll never play (eg: some game with a title like Penguin Arena,) there's nothing non-F2P that I won't add. If it's not costing me anything, and I don't know anyone who'd want it, I may as well increase my game count... it's better than nothing, after all. ;)

Tony,

Mafia (the original one) http://www.amazon.com/2K-Games-4104..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1DHRTBZ3ZET2HQY2Y05T is listed in the 2k promotion but the game isn't on Steam anymore. Is there a way you could please verify if the steam keys would still work there?

btw - for others who may be interested, apparently this game is being pulled from other services as well so assuming the key still works, this may be one of the last chances to get the original.

[quote name='Gvaz']The one where people were able to get almost the entire friggin Origin library for FREE and EA basically went..."ehhhh merry early christmas"[/QUOTE]

damnit i missed out, whoever got them is lucky

[quote name='Detruire']I would've happily added it to my library if I hadn't been able to sell it. Now that I already have games locked to my account that I'll never play (eg: some game with a title like Penguin Arena,) there's nothing non-F2P that I won't add. If it's not costing me anything, and I don't know anyone who'd want it, I may as well increase my game count... it's better than nothing, after all. ;)[/QUOTE]

My library ain't choosy, but it's got standards.

...and a couple of "mistakes" that I blame on excessive alcohol :drool:

[quote name='Larce80']thanks I sent the stuff[/QUOTE]

Alright you should be good to go. I spend roughly 3 times the coupon amount on in flight internet to get it to you lol.

This update brought to you by gogo in flight internet.

To those PMing me about 2K coupons, I'll check back in tomorrow to see if you've gotten them.

Cheers,
Tony

Dark Souls for $10 would have been great but $13 seems good enough for me. As Valve is only taking it down to $20 I won't be upset if I 'overpay' by $3 if I can get my hands on it now.

All I wanted this holiday sales was Kingdom of Amalur... and bought it already at an AMAZING price... plus some more games, of course ;)

I believe the Amazon sales this winter will be remembered all year... and MORE people will be waiting the whole year for the next "amazon holiday deals".

Great job Tony... you know you and your team did something fantastic. You must be proud

:applause:

Kingdoms of Amalur... Steam version. D: But I know that's totally out of Tony's hands. I blame Curt Schilling.

Re: promo codes I just got my 2K code a few minutes ago and that was from a DNF purchase all the way back in last January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back