Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
In for Rayman Origins with my Ubisoft coupon, thanks!

Tony, if I may provide some feedback from a purely personal perspective. It was easy for me to find something in the Ubisoft catalog. There was a wide variety of games and prices. Most importantly, there were a few titles that presented all-time low deals. I felt excited about that group of games.

THQ - already had those. All of them. Nothing you can do there but high-five your fellow distributors for a job well-done.

EA - Here's where things felt really lackluster to me, to the point of turning me off completely. There weren't any games between the pricepoint of 4.99 and 9.99, meaning that if I was interested in picking up something on an impulse I would have to fork out more than $5 to participate. Also, many of the games at the $9.99 pricepoint have previously been on sale for just a few dollars each, so this wasn't even comparable to the best each had been priced! Others were full on retail. The coupon was a very nice gesture, but when presented in the framework of non-deals... the gift felt more naughty than nice. ;)

Yes. Launched the game, played the game. Got my 360 controller hooked up, no problems controlling Rayman or his sidekick.

And agreed, I was pretty much auto-out once I read TAGES and asked for a DRM-Free version in the topic since there's no reason to have it anymore, even by the loosest of standards. If you *wanted* to pirate it, you did already or have ample opportunity to. it's been out since March on PCs, Ubisoft should give everyone else the fair shake on DRM-free since it's already available.

Then someone bought it, found nothing on checks. Now I've got it and it runs fine. The last check would be to just try it on a different machine, with no internet, and see what happens. Don't have one on hand though unfortunately.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']Do you have 1-Click enabled? Because it sorta sounds like sometimes you are hitting the 1-Click option, that just takes you straight to the order processed page[/QUOTE]

Nope, 1-Click is turned off in my account.

[quote name='Krummith']I've been a long time lurker, but this is my first post.

First I wanted to thank Tony for all his hard work keeping everyone updated.

Secondly, I wanted to ask a question. I've been buying digital games off of Amazon for a while, and sometimes I get a review screen during checkout, sometimes I don't. Is there some setting I'm missing, or have I messed something up? I have one of the 2K credits for tomorrow, and I'd like to make sure it was applied before I check out.[/QUOTE]

One thing you might want to check is if you have one click turned on your account. When you do, it automatically processes the purchase without a confirmation screen using your default payment option. Go to your account and look in the second set of options for One Click settings and make sure it is turned off.

Should the $5 THQ credit apply to the Darksiders Franchise Pack on sale for $13.19? Because someone on GAF said it applied when they bought it but when I tried it, it didn't, so I emailed customer support...who sent back a reply saying all they could do is give me another $5 credit and cancel the previous order so I could buy it again. Except, the $5 credit they gave me is for a 2k game which hardly seems useful in this situation as Darksiders is a THQ game. :whistle2:k

[quote name='georgebot84']have you guys gotten the $5 editor's choice coupons when buying with the publisher coupons?[/QUOTE]

Yes, received one today after purchasing with thq promo.

[quote name='scrappler']Yes, received one today after purchasing with thq promo.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I guess I did not receive them because they are behind. I'll email them if I don't get it in a week or so.

[quote name='talon2099']Should the $5 THQ credit apply to the Darksiders Franchise Pack on sale for $13.19? Because someone on GAF said it applied when they bought it but when I tried it, it didn't, so I emailed customer support...who sent back a reply saying all they could do is give me another $5 credit and cancel the previous order so I could buy it again. Except, the $5 credit they gave me is for a 2k game which hardly seems useful in this situation as Darksiders is a THQ game. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

I bought the Darksiders II franchise pack at 2AM this morning and can confirm that yes I did get the $5 off of it automatically applied when I checked out.

[quote name='georgebot84']have
sig.jpg
you guys gotten the $5 editor's choice coupons when buying with the publisher coupons?[/QUOTE]

Yes i got it earlier today

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Motoki']I bought the Darksiders II franchise pack at 2AM this morning and can confirm that yes I did get the $5 off of it automatically applied when I checked out.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for confirming it, not sure what to do now, don't really feel like getting into a whole thing with customer support especially when the credit expires in a few hours anyway and I've already added Darksiders 2 and its DLC to my Steam account. Already owned the original Darksiders which is why I wanted to get this pack for $5 less than the sale price. Oh well.

Electronic Arts and Amazon would like to offer you a $5 credit towards any Electronic Arts Digital Video Game Sold by Amazon.com and priced higher than $4.99 on 12/25/2012 only. To redeem your credit visit: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000894301 purchase the game of your choice, and your credit will automatically be applied upon checkout

The funny thing is; there is nothing listed for $4.99. It should've been $9.99 :D

[quote name='Motoki']I bought the Darksiders II franchise pack at 2AM this morning and can confirm that yes I did get the $5 off of it automatically applied when I checked out.[/QUOTE]

+me

Well, not at 2am this morning, but the rest

[quote name='talon2099']Thanks for confirming it, not sure what to do now, don't really feel like getting into a whole thing with customer support especially when the credit expires in a few hours anyway and I've already added Darksiders 2 and its DLC to my Steam account. Already owned the original Darksiders which is why I wanted to get this pack for $5 less than the sale price. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

PM Tony with all your info, he might be able to help you out retroactively when he gets a chance. or at least let you know if help is possible.

[quote name='menewbe']anyone here with a THQ coupon not going to use it??

would to get saint's row 2 for $2.50 before the coupon expires[/QUOTE]
You can get Saint's Row 2 at Gamersgate on sale NOW for 3.74$

I only paid 1.90$ for it on the UK Site because i had some blue coins left.

And YES it activates on Steam
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SAINTS2/saints-row-2

code 'IAMANELDERGEEK" will get you an additional 5% off

[quote name='eulogywerd21']Account specific[/QUOTE]

opps sorry what I meant to say:

if anyone here with a THQ coupon that's not going to use it, would they mind buying saint's row 2 for me ($2.50 AC) before the coupon expires?

I have a 2K coupon that showed up in my email that you could use.. pm me if you're willing to help. thanks guys

[quote name='MrBonk']You can get Saint's Row 2 at Gamersgate on sale NOW for 3.74$

I only paid 1.90$ for it on the UK Site because i had some blue coins left.

And YES it activates on Steam
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SAINTS2/saints-row-2

code 'IAMANELDERGEEK" will get you an additional 5% off[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Just did the same. Bought 2k blue coins ($1.90) and bought it. Just redeemed on Steam with no problems :cool:

What are people's thoughts on Dead Island? Specifically, is it annoying that the zombies are always at your level, or does upgrading your skills and weaponry counterbalance that? Other thoughts?

[quote name='soulkyo']Thanks for the info. Just did the same. Bought 2k blue coins ($1.90) and bought it. Just redeemed on Steam with no problems :cool:[/QUOTE]
Yeah it's a great deal. I was disappointed it went back up to 7.50 on steam/amazon. And I used my THQ coupon on Darksiders so I couldn't use it to get it for 2.50. When I found the deal on GG I was like "hell yeah!"

Dead Island is fun when playing with other people gets boring when playing alone.

What time(est) does 2k coupon kicks in?

Happy Holidays Every1

[quote name='Tallkido']Dead Island is fun when playing with other people gets boring when playing alone.

What time(est) does 2k coupon kicks in?

Happy Holidays Every1[/QUOTE]

Midnight PST/3 AM EST, give or take. Doesn't always happen immediately, though last night it was really quick.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']What are people's thoughts on Dead Island? Specifically, is it annoying that the zombies are always at your level, or does upgrading your skills and weaponry counterbalance that? Other thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I loved Dead Island single and co-op online. The maps and areas of play are enormous and detailed beautifully, if you haven't looked into the game, you don't just play at the resort. You also venture into the jungles, urban city, and a prison. It did an amazing job of setting an environment and a mood. I remember one mission had you going back into the overrun resort, and I felt like I was gonna get eaten evey second I was in there. The weapons are great, I like that it focuses on melee. You can pick up some pretty serious weapons, including a nod to the Katana from "Pulp Fiction" which is my personal fave :) It's been my favorite zombie survival game to date, and one of the better games I've played in the last couple years.

*edit, taping some wires and batteries to a sword, and electro-slashing a zombie is pure joy. Pure joy. And deodorant bombs....so much fun.

^Darnit, you made it sound so good. *CLICK* :)

Thanks for the recommendations and thanks to Tony for the great deals. Hope you had a safe flight back to our Emerald City!

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']how long is dark souls going to remain $14.99?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='G_freemanX']Like for 2 more hours :([/QUOTE]

Still debating over whether to get it now or wait until it drops lower. Already own the vanilla PS3 version but have been kind of wanting to replay it using the modded PC version.

Tony, strange problem:

I bought Ass Creed Rev for $7.49. I am pretty sure I saw the $5 promotion applied on the final screen. Later I received the receipt via email, but nothing was mentioned about the promotion, so I basically paid the whole amount out of my pocket. I received the promo confirmation email already on Monday btw.

Now when I go to the Ubisoft landing page and want to buy another game, it will show me the promotion and deduct the $5.

Is this even possible?

I guess I am going to contact CS about this and explain to get some money back, just wanted to let you know :)

[quote name='Killbomb']Still debating over whether to get it now or wait until it drops lower. Already own the vanilla PS3 version but have been kind of wanting to replay it using the modded PC version.[/QUOTE]
At 15$ it is well worth it IMO. But if you want to hold out on a lower price. Patience is your friend!

[quote name='tritangle']Yeah, that's weird, I got that too for one thing. For most of the games I get a review screen, but for Saint's Row the Third Season's Pass I get that prompt to pick a payment method too.[/QUOTE]

I believe you will always get this screen when you purchase some DLC

[quote name='NeoGutsman']^Darnit, you made it sound so good. *CLICK* :)

Thanks for the recommendations and thanks to Tony for the great deals. Hope you had a safe flight back to our Emerald City![/QUOTE]

I'd definitely recommend it more if you have friends to play it with. Playing it alone, the island is kind of desolate feeling, and I got tired of the melee weapons breaking so much and opening every single bag on the island. I think with friends though it'd be a blast, even though you have to kick a downed zombie like 10 times.

Man, oh man. I spend a couple days away from the Internet, and come back to literally thousands of unread posts. Biggest bummer of all: apparently I missed the beta-test of the new CAG Forum game, Sour Grapes vs. Double-Dip Discounts. Looks like it should be a bang-up game when it's actually released, though; I do believe some people have already earned the "Making Tony Cry" achievement. :lol:

(Seriously... I trust that the boys in the back room are providing reliable quantitative analysis to reinforce or counteract the impressions that are generated here. And if that analysis leaves gray areas, AMZN ought to have the resources to generate marketing surveys that can combine specific customer viewpoints with specific purchasing histories to better understand how target demos, pricing, and discounts/matching all work together to meet the desired result.)

[quote name='hal']THQ - already had those. All of them. Nothing you can do there but high-five your fellow distributors for a job well-done.

EA - Here's where things felt really lackluster to me, to the point of turning me off completely. There weren't any games between the pricepoint of 4.99 and 9.99, meaning that if I was interested in picking up something on an impulse I would have to fork out more than $5 to participate. Also, many of the games at the $9.99 pricepoint have previously been on sale for just a few dollars each, so this wasn't even comparable to the best each had been priced! Others were full on retail. The coupon was a very nice gesture, but when presented in the framework of non-deals... the gift felt more naughty than nice. ;)[/QUOTE]

Quoted for truth. My EA and THQ coupons are going to wither on the vine, for exactly the reasons hal stated. EA, you get no munneys at all; and THQ, you already got mine.

Between Ubisoft's lackluster catalog and the still-present DRM that infests the rare titles I'd actually be interested in, I haven't bought anything from them in ages. Don't miss 'em. I'd have actually used one-day coupons from WB and Sega, which may be why they turned down the opportunity. ;)

There are a few things I'll be tempted to use the 2K coupon on. We'll have to see what the Civilization sale looks like on Friday, and/or hope that Steam puts X-COM up for a 50% daily sale.

[quote name='Mac the Geek']Man, oh man. I spend a couple days away from the Internet, and come back to literally thousands of unread posts. Biggest bummer of all: apparently I missed the beta-test of the new CAG Forum game, Sour Grapes vs. Double-Dip Discounts. Looks like it should be a bang-up game when it's actually released, though; I do believe some people have already earned the "Making Tony Cry" achievement. :lol:

(Seriously... I trust that the boys in the back room are providing reliable quantitative analysis to reinforce or counteract the impressions that are generated here. And if that analysis leaves gray areas, AMZN ought to have the resources to generate marketing surveys that can combine specific customer viewpoints with specific purchasing histories to better understand how target demos, pricing, and discounts/matching all work together to meet the desired result.)

Quoted for truth. My EA and THQ coupons are going to wither on the vine, for exactly the reasons hal stated. EA, you get no munneys at all; and THQ, you already got mine.

Between Ubisoft's lackluster catalog and the still-present DRM that infests the rare titles I'd actually be interested in, I haven't bought anything from them in ages. Don't miss 'em. I'd have actually used one-day coupons from WB and Sega, which may be why they turned down the opportunity. ;)

There are a few things I'll be tempted to use the 2K coupon on. We'll have to see what the Civilization sale looks like on Friday, and/or hope that Steam puts X-COM up for a 50% daily sale.[/QUOTE]

Lol at "make tony cry achievement". Also, thanks for mentioning the Civ sale. Coupon holders interested in Civ V might want to hold on until Friday.

The Civ Strat pack will be the best value (like total content) for the $5 coupon but there will be additional a la carte pricing some of you jokers might be interested in.

Again, you won't be going wrong with the Super strat pack, but it'll also be on sale Friday.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='DarkZero104']Here's the update on Rayman Origins:
It downloaded a single EXE and an html page of my key. so far so good.
- Saw it install in the wizard and saw no signs of TAGES when it did this in the process. It's possible I missed it though, alt tab'd away for a moment.
- Used ProtectionID to scan the folder with Rayman Origins, found no signs of it. It said the same thing, just a serial check on activation.exe and rayman origins.exe.
- did a search for "tages", DID find something in the activation.exe with this written. uh oh.

Figured i'll try running it. It updated, no problem. weird. Needed another update, gave it the other update, okay. Now I'm set.
Figured i'd play, no problems again. Weird. Weirdest part is it never asked me for a serial number or had an activation splash screen. Just started, continued, was done.

Taking the chance i hit the activation.exe. this brings up a new window and a program that's clearly DRM asking me to activate the product. Okay, so this is the drm here. yet... i can delete these just fine and nothing happens. Game still runs just fine, even after deleting the exe, the dll, and the xml for activation, leaving me nothing behind.

I don't have a secondary computer to try this on so I C&P'd the files to a different HDD, Activation stuff deleted. Still had no issues. So... the next step for me now is seeing if anything in my registry has TAGES in it. Any tools people want me to run on it? So far I'm seeing the same things the last person did - can't find any DRM. Didn't even ask me for a serial, which is weird. Right now it's like... if I wanted to I *could* activate it and have the DRM. Yet... I don't have to? What?

So yeah, if anyone's got any tips on what I should be looking for/wants a more in depth check on this, ask away.[/QUOTE]

I bought the game (Rayman Origins) when it was on sale back in October from getgamesgo. I did have to activate it! The thing though is that somebody else (from another forum I frequent) bought the same game and he said the same thing as you! So I am confused.

Did anbody buy the game from amazon and also had to activate prior to playing?

I'm surprised at some of the complaining. We all had the same sale and I got:

$2.50 - Saints Row 3 Full Package
$2.50 - Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Without the promotion, no way would I have been able to purchase either of these games for less than $7.50, let alone $5.

Sure, it was a bummer that EA's coupon didn't work out. But it's EA, are we really that surprised? Plus that Burning, Flaming, ... bundle, which is a nice value, was at its lowest price of the year post-coupon.

Bottom line: if I hadn't scored the GG Beth bundle, which was stupid cheap on the games I most wanted to buy this season, Amazon would have won the Winter sales for me hands down. And we have yet to see what the 2k portion will bring us starting tomorrow.

PSA: Most of the 2k bundles last till 1/5. The coupon lasts 12/31. Although there is always the risk of a sell off or Tony typo, it's probably the best strategy to see what sales, PMs, etc. are offered rather than rushing to use that coupon.

I dont really post very much, but I felt it would be worth popping out of lurk mode to say Merry Christmas to all and a VERY BIG THANK YOU to Tony. These have been some really awesome deals and I'm grateful for them.

On a side note, I was wondering if I could get some of your guys' input on XCOM? I know thats a pretty great price and I'm wondering if I should jump on it before it goes away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back