Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
For those looking to pick up XCOM, but are dismayed that the 2K $5 coupon wont become available until after midnight when the XCOM deal is for Christmas day only, it's worth pointing out that prices are sometimes slow to flip back to normal. Sometimes they go back at the stroke of midnight (PST), but other times it takes them 5, 10, 15 or even 30 minutes to get it back to the non-sale price. You might be able to stack the coupon on it if you're quick.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Lol at "make tony cry achievement". Also, thanks for mentioning the Civ sale. Coupon holders interested in Civ V might want to hold on until Friday.
[/QUOTE]

Hey Tony hope your holidays are going well. What Civ Strat pack are you talking about? I tried looking in the OP for sales starting on 12/28 but I couldn't find anything.

I will say that I also did not find anything worth buying on EA's side as I had bought the best value bundles previously during the year. THQ I bought another copy of the medley bundle last minute because it was hard to pass up for $5. Because why not Zoidberg? I nearly did just give up on using it because nothing was very interesting to me (I had not previously bought the DS2 bundle but I have little interest in the game itself). And Ubi DRM is so ridiculous that like many have stated, I have stayed away from it until the titles have DRM restrictions softened at least a bit.

Anyway, thanks again!

[quote name='sirdudeoi']I dont really post very much, but I felt it would be worth popping out of lurk mode to say Merry Christmas to all and a VERY BIG THANK YOU to Tony. These have been some really awesome deals and I'm grateful for them.

On a side note, I was wondering if I could get some of your guys' input on XCOM? I know thats a pretty great price and I'm wondering if I should jump on it before it goes away?[/QUOTE]

XCOM is so good I bought it on the PC and 360.

Cheers,
Tony

Decided to use my $5 THQ coupon on the Darksiders II Franchise pack for ~$8.79. I'm sure it will go cheaper soon enough, but that's a pretty sweet deal right now.

Having trouble finding anything to use the UBI and EA coupons on though. If their stuff was Steam-redeemable, there's stuff I would buy, but without that, it doesn't make sense for me to buy - even with the good prices the coupon affords.

[quote name='xanchui']5ljkp-dnkhe-dktwk[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Managed to grab that.

Finally get to see how bad Duke Nukem Forever really is. lol

sucks how you have to buy a GOTY version of arkham city just for the dlc...and you end up with 2 copies of AC in ur steam library wtfh

[quote name='Fluxy']sucks how you have to buy a GOTY version of arkham city just for the dlc...and you end up with 2 copies of AC in ur steam library wtfh[/QUOTE]

AC (even if you have all the DLC) and AC GOTY are two different products in ID number and title, that's why. You can tell Steam to hide it though, I think, not sure. I just have Steam display the products I have installed.

[quote name='Lint21']Decided to use my $5 THQ coupon on the Darksiders II Franchise pack for ~$8.79. I'm sure it will go cheaper soon enough, but that's a pretty sweet deal right now.

Having trouble finding anything to use the UBI and EA coupons on though. If their stuff was Steam-redeemable, there's stuff I would buy, but without that, it doesn't make sense for me to buy - even with the good prices the coupon affords.[/QUOTE]
Some of it is DRM free IIRC.

So let me get this straight:
Steam = DRM basically = sale
No DRM and doesn't redeem = no sale.

I can understand wanting to have everything under one roof. I wouldn't underestimate something if it's DRM Free or doesn't require inane activation.
You can just as easily install it, add the executeable to Steam as a non steam game. And then set a custom grid icon(There are thousands of high quality ones on the web. And I make them as well). And wahlah. If you uninstall the game, the shortcut in steam should still remain.

Sure it doesn't show up as part of your library if someone views your profile. But it's certainly a nice thing you can do and it shows up in your library within the application.

/My 2cents

[quote name='MrBonk']Some of it is DRM free IIRC.

I can understand wanting to have everything under one roof. I wouldn't underestimate something if it's DRM Free or doesn't require inane activation.
You can just as easily install it, add the executeable to Steam as a non steam game. And then set a custom grid icon(There are thousands of high quality ones on the web. And I make them as well). And wahlah. If you uninstall the game, the shortcut in steam should still remain.

Sure it doesn't show up as part of your library if someone views your profile. But it's certainly a nice thing you can do

/My 2cents[/QUOTE]

Not this argument again...

I'm staying out of it this time :whistle2:#

[quote name='MrBonk']Some of it is DRM free IIRC.

Sure it doesn't show up as part of your library if someone views your profile. But it's certainly a nice thing you can do and it shows up in your library within the application.

/My 2cents[/QUOTE]

You understand exactly. I don't want to bother keeping track of digital purchases and choose Steam as my platform to manage it for me. Philosophically my preference is certainly DRM-free, but my lifestyle makes it impossible to manage hundreds or thousands of purchases from myriad online retailers.

Nothing wrong with those that have time to exert the effort to keep track of their DRM-free downloads - I agree it's better. I don't have the time.

[quote name='Motoki']Not this argument again...

I'm staying out of it this time :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

I'm all riled up and ready to go 10 rounds on this classic!

Actually not - goodnight and happy holidays CAG :)

I have an EA coupon that I have no use for, and I'd like a THQ coupon. Obviously, we can't trade coupons...they're tied to our accounts. However, if anybody wants an EA title, I can buy it and send you the code, and vice-versa.

Or, if anybody bought the Tantalizing THQ Medley and would like to sell/trade for Homefront & Space Marine (I have all of the others), please PM me.

[quote name='espy605']Hey Tony hope your holidays are going well. What Civ Strat pack are you talking about? I tried looking in the OP for sales starting on 12/28 but I couldn't find anything.

I will say that I also did not find anything worth buying on EA's side as I had bought the best value bundles previously during the year. THQ I bought another copy of the medley bundle last minute because it was hard to pass up for $5. Because why not Zoidberg? I nearly did just give up on using it because nothing was very interesting to me (I had not previously bought the DS2 bundle but I have little interest in the game itself). And Ubi DRM is so ridiculous that like many have stated, I have stayed away from it until the titles have DRM restrictions softened at least a bit.

Anyway, thanks again![/QUOTE]

It's already on sale. I can't post links, but the name is "2K Strategy Pack." It's listed on the front page as well. The 28th is the day they will have sales for some standalone Civilization titles (hence his usage of "a la carte").

[quote name='Lint21']You understand exactly. I don't want to bother keeping track of digital purchases and choose Steam as my platform to manage it for me. Philosophically my preference is certainly DRM-free, but my lifestyle makes it impossible to manage hundreds or thousands of purchases from myriad online retailers.

Nothing wrong with those that have time to exert the effort to keep track of their DRM-free downloads - I agree it's better. I don't have the time.[/QUOTE]
Oh I understand. I would rather it be hassle free too.

Steam is easy, and it's not such an intrusive form of DRM. But sometimes I just can't pass up on a DRM Free version for a good price if I can't get a steam redeemable version.

[quote name='yaynick']It's already on sale. I can't post links, but the name is "2K Strategy Pack." It's listed on the front page as well. The 28th is the day they will have sales for some standalone Civilization titles (hence his usage of "a la carte").[/QUOTE]

OH! It's late and I guess I misread it. Thanks for the clarification.

[quote name='Motoki']Not this argument again...

I'm staying out of it this time :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Popcorn Party with Paddington! He loves the DRM conversation :).

Cheers,
Tony

Bought Far Cry 2: Fortune Edition a weeks ago, installed it, added it to my Steam library, and I've already forgotten that I didn't buy it on Steam.

For $1.49, that's a frickin awesome game. DRM free (besides inputting a key for multiplayer). You won't see it cheaper on Steam.

I think some people like Steam versions because they can trade/sell the key if they don't get around to playing it themselves. Can't say the same with DRM free versions. From previous sales data, it looks like Steam versions are actually preferred on Amazon.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Bought Far Cry 2: Fortune Edition a weeks ago, installed it, added it to my Steam library, and I've already forgotten that I didn't buy it on Steam.

For $1.49, that's a frickin awesome game. DRM free (besides inputting a key for multiplayer). You won't see it cheaper on Steam.[/QUOTE]

How did you get for for 1.49? I paid 2.49 :cold:

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']XCOM is so good I bought it on the PC and 360.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Totally with you on this, Tony - I have it on PC and PS3 :lol: Thanks for all your work and the deals, and Happy Holidays, btw!

[quote name='Idiotekque']Bought Far Cry 2: Fortune Edition a weeks ago, installed it, added it to my Steam library, and I've already forgotten that I didn't buy it on Steam.

For $1.49, that's a frickin awesome game. DRM free (besides inputting a key for multiplayer). You won't see it cheaper on Steam.[/QUOTE]

Prime example.

In a perfect world. Everything that isn't Steam or Origin, would be DRM freeeeeeeeeeeeee.e.

I am willing to live with just 3 varieties of DRM.
Steam
Origin(Though not my favorite)
DRM-Free.

aaaaannnnd then it would all sell on Amazon during sale periods for better prices than either client. /Cue Evil laugh?

[quote name='yangwenli']I think some people like Steam versions because they can trade/sell the key if they don't get around to playing it themselves. Can't say the same with DRM free versions. From previous sales data, it looks like Steam versions are actually preferred on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

You are right this is certainly a big +. But, trading CD-keys on the steam trade forums is against TOS D: But they seem to be more lenient about it compared to say, people asking for paypal.

[quote name='lidl']How did you get for for 1.49? I paid 2.49 :cold:[/QUOTE]
I paid $2.49 too, but with the coupon I thought it came out to $1.49 ($6.49 before the coupon).

Also be sure to install these two mods; they don't so much change the game, but they optimize it.

Graphics mod

Realism/tweaks mod

Just thought I'd stop in and say a big thanks to Tony! :) Seriously though man you're the best CS Rep I've ever come across, ranging from stores to online retailers, you've definitely given the best CS rep experience! Hope you get some time to relax, have a few drinks and enjoy the holidays man!

[quote name='lidl']I bought the game (Rayman Origins) when it was on sale back in October from getgamesgo. I did have to activate it! The thing though is that somebody else (from another forum I frequent) bought the same game and he said the same thing as you! So I am confused.

Did anbody buy the game from amazon and also had to activate prior to playing?[/QUOTE]

I am downloading it now and will test it.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I paid $2.49 too, but with the coupon I thought it came out to $1.49 ($6.49 before the coupon).[/QUOTE]

Oh, I see that's what you meant.

I have yet to install the game. The only reason I bought it was bcz it was so cheap and DRM-free tbh. Haven't heard a lot of good things about the game. Critized were mainly the respawning of enemies, repeating missions and so on. But I will surely check it out!

2K games $5 off went live right at 12am PST, and the Xcom price was still at $24.99. Got it for $19.99. Looking forward to playing it, cheapest price I've found since launch.

[quote name='The End']2K coupon is now live. And it's stacking with the $24.99 XCOM price. Act fast.[/QUOTE]

YAY! I stayed up in hopes this would happen! Thanks to Amazon & Tony :applause:

Didn't receive a coupon for Duke Nukem Forever :/ also bought Civ5 Gods and Kings, but not sure if I get a coupon for that

[quote name='lidl']Oh, I see that's what you meant.

I have yet to install the game. The only reason I bought it was bcz it was so cheap and DRM-free tbh. Haven't heard a lot of good things about the game. Critized were mainly the respawning of enemies, repeating missions and so on. But I will surely check it out![/QUOTE]
It gets way more flak than it deserves. I read all those complaints too and so many of them are just petty nonsense. A big complaint was having to heal yourself (pull a bullet of your leg, shrapnel, etc) mid-battle when you hit critical health, but I think it's a really neat feature that keeps you alive. Another complaint was having to pop malaria pills every once in awhile, and I can tell you that it's once in a pretty long amount of time and takes a whopping 4 seconds.

The only complaints I do understand are (like you said) the respawning enemy checkpoints. Those can be annoying on high difficulties, because on high difficulty, enemies are DANGEROUS. That said, realistically I do think enemies would send new forces out to wiped out checkpoints. As quickly as FC2 does? Probably not, but oh well. I play this game when I'm up for a serious challenge (I play on Notorious difficulty), meaning a few bullets can take me down, while the same goes for my enemies. It's fucking hard, but when I'm in the mood for a hard, fulfilling game with a crazy level of immersion, It's awesome.

As for missions repeating... I don't know. I suppose the game can get repetitive, but what game doesn't?

All in all, I think it's an amazing buy for the price ($2.50 or $1.50). When I was in a turret in the back of a truck, laying down fire through the trees and suddenly noticed that I was shooting massive limbs off the trees and clearing a shooting lane, I was sold. There's a lot of work put into that game, and it shows.

(Oh, and the multiplayer servers are still going strong. Can be good fun, and there's a level editor program packed with the game. SO many custom levels online, you wouldn't believe it.)

[quote name='The End']2K coupon is now live. And it's stacking with the $24.99 XCOM price. Act fast.[/QUOTE]

2K coupons haven't gone out yet, have they? I haven't gotten mine.

I have the chance to get Xcom for $10, Dark Souls for $5 or use my 2K $5 coupon on Desert to Sea bundle.

Reading about Xcom's many bugs is turning me off though.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']The Civ Strat pack will be the best value (like total content) for the $5 coupon but there will be additional a la carte pricing some of you jokers might be interested in.

Again, you won't be going wrong with the Super strat pack, but it'll also be on sale Friday.
[/QUOTE]

I've already got the entire Civ IV collection, and the Stronghold bundle. The only thing I'm missing is the Civ V Gods & Kings expansion. Doesn't make sense to buy the whole pack for that, so I'm waiting to see what Friday brings.

[quote name='aceattorney']2K coupons haven't gone out yet, have they? I haven't gotten mine.[/QUOTE]

yea i received mine about 8 hrs ago. i had forgotten i bought borderlands 2 for friend last month

That's funny, I bought MX vs ATV Reflex for my friend with the THQ coupon literally seconds before midnight hit (Amazon time), and I got a 2K coupon code for it. What's that all about? Did 2K publish that game... too?

I already had a 2K coupon anyways, but yeah. Weird.

[quote name='lidl']Tony, strange problem:

I bought Ass Creed Rev for $7.49. I am pretty sure I saw the $5 promotion applied on the final screen. Later I received the receipt via email, but nothing was mentioned about the promotion, so I basically paid the whole amount out of my pocket. I received the promo confirmation email already on Monday btw.

Now when I go to the Ubisoft landing page and want to buy another game, it will show me the promotion and deduct the $5.

Is this even possible?

I guess I am going to contact CS about this and explain to get some money back, just wanted to let you know :)[/QUOTE]

The same happened to me with Saint's Row Complete: order showed $7.49 - $5 = $2.49 but i was charged the full price of $7.49

The only solution was to get a refund and, by then, the price had gone up to $12.49

:cry:

[quote name='frankie007']The same happened to me with Saint's Row Complete: order showed $7.49 - $5 = $2.49 but i was charged the full price of $7.49

The only solution was to get a refund and, by then, the price had gone up to $12.49

:cry:[/QUOTE]
I dealt with a similar problem in the past, and if you explain that you bought the game on sale (meaning a refund to rebuy won't help you since the price has gone back up) they should give you enough credit to rebuy the game again, regardless of what it's listed as.

Then again, in my case, they refunded me without me asking for a refund, so...

Picked up Mafia (original) for $4.99 with the $5 coupon. I didn't think I was going to use it but I've never played Mafia and I heard it was great. It's been removed from the Steam store so it looks like Amazon was the only chance to get a Steam copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back