Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
xcom's unavailable now as well as nba2k13 and bl2.

edit: and they're back (just not at christmas prices)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Idiotekque']I dealt with a similar problem in the past, and if you explain that you bought the game on sale (meaning a refund to rebuy won't help you since the price has gone back up) they should give you enough credit to rebuy the game again, regardless of what it's listed as.

Then again, in my case, they refunded me without me asking for a refund, so...[/QUOTE]

Yes... I asked for a $5 refund or credit but a full refund was issued... Anyway, let's see what happens in January, maybe it will be for the same price more or less :cry:

[quote name='CaptainSlow']Picked up Mafia (original) for $4.99 with the $5 coupon. I didn't think I was going to use it but I've never played Mafia and I heard it was great. It's been removed from the Steam store so it looks like Amazon was the only chance to get a Steam copy.[/QUOTE]

Do you have a link to it? Can't find it on amazon.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']It seems to be working on my account. Anyone else having this problem?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

confirmed no working

Crap i bought the wtf bundle and didn't see that the duke nukem in it is the vanilla version, not the complete pack version

Too many bundle's are getting me confused, lol, too late now, well if someone has a extra let me know!!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']The list doesn't have anything to do with the promo. My stupidity, however, does. This product got created last minute and I forgot to add it to the benefit product set. I just did, give it 10 minutes or less and it should kick in.

Cheers
Tony[/QUOTE]

Is this the reason I haven't received my 2k promo code yet? I purchased the pack hoping to get a code to use on something else.

[quote name='Koganei']Is this the reason I haven't received my 2k promo code yet? I purchased the pack hoping to get a code to use on something else.[/QUOTE]

PM me your order id.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']The list doesn't have anything to do with the promo. My stupidity, however, does. This product got created last minute and I forgot to add it to the benefit product set. I just did, give it 10 minutes or less and it should kick in.

Cheers
Tony[/QUOTE]

2K code now applies to the 2K Strategy Super Pack. Thanks, Tony. :applause:

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']PM me your order id.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Hey there Tony, do I have permission to PM you the order id for Duke Nukem Forever and Civ5: Gods and Kings, which I did not receive credits for?

Thanks for your amazing job here!

Cheers
Tony[/QUOTE]
It's working now, thank you

Just backfilled a bunch of pms with order ids. Give it a few minutes. Please feel free to PM me if you haven't gotten your 2k coupon, I need an order id.

Cheers,
Tony

Just got back from a Christmas Party!!!
What did I miss!?

:D Just Kidding!
I'm probably going to pickup the Super Strat Pack with my $5 2K coupon; although the "new" CIV deals on Friday may be interesting.

If anyone is planning on getting the 2K Shooter pack, would you mind picking up a Desert to Sea bundle and trade for mine? I would like to get it and the WTF pack so there is no overlap in games. I don't have much to offer but can give nexuis. I have a spare binding of Isaac but humble bundle glitches out on me.

Is the best of codes for the $5 off the list starting on New Years one per account now too? I haven't received any more notifications thst I got another credit for it formy purchases in the last couple days

[quote name='CheapAssJoe']2K code now applies to the 2K Strategy Super Pack. Thanks, Tony. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Just bought 2K Super Strategy Pack with 2k coupon. Amazing deal. They just can't beat it.
Agressive marketing

Damn, wish the EA credit worked today. Think I'll pass on the Spore Pack.

[quote name='frankie007']The same happened to me with Saint's Row Complete: order showed $7.49 - $5 = $2.49 but i was charged the full price of $7.49

The only solution was to get a refund and, by then, the price had gone up to $12.49

:cry:[/QUOTE]

THANKS for confirming that I am not crazy and seeing things :lol:

I still have to hear back from CS about this. But I did make another order of the same game (since I feared the coupon would be useless before I hear back from CS) and this time the promotion applied.

Sucks to hear you weren't able to get the game though :(

[quote name='Spoit']Is the best of codes for the $5 off the list starting on New Years one per account now too? I haven't received any more notifications thst I got another credit for it formy purchases in the last couple days[/QUOTE]

it shouldn't be. I have received the $5 off after my purchase today. The only restriction seems to be "Qualifying codes for this promotion may only be used one at a time."

I am not sure if there will be an additional requirement of price must be $5+ though.[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

i also got the strategy pack for $15. ive been wanting civ 5 + expansion for awhile now

i wish i saw the walking dead on sale on amazon before i bought it off gamefly. i wouldve had $20 credit to use on the editors picks next month. oh well

CAGS,

I think 2K has put together a phenomenal set of promotions for us all. I'd like to start doing the "tell us what you bought" thing in this thread if you all are cool with it.

With that, I'd love to hear what 2K games you snagged and are psyched about so far this holiday!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']CAGS,

I think 2K has put together a phenomenal set of promotions for us all. I'd like to start doing the "tell us what you bought" thing in this thread if you all are cool with it.

With that, I'd love to hear what 2K games you snagged and are psyched about so far this holiday!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
I'm having loads of fun with Borderlands 2 (preordered, $36), beat Spec Ops ($5) and loved it, and am working my way through the first Bioshock ($7.50 Bioshock bundle). Unfortunately I already have all the good sales listed!

That said, I really do want to play Darkness 2, seeing as I played NecroVisioN and found myself just laughing at how silly it was. Sounds like Darkness 2 is very much the same gameplay and genre, just far better done.

Just can't pull the trigger though since I have the other games. I wish it was on a better sale by itself. :cry:

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Didn't get my 2K coupon yet :\

PM'ed you Tony.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

2k easily has the best choices of packs to use these types of gift credits on. I didn't even use my EA one, and my THQ one wasn't very interesting. I got the 2K WTF Pack, but I would've gotten the Civ 5 Gods and Kings expansion instead of buying it from Steam if I had known it was going to be available a la carte Friday. Still, no regrets, I got a good deal on everything.

The only bad thing about this year in gaming is I spent more time deal hunting than playing, haha. Thanks for a great year of sales Tony.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I got the 2K Strategy Super Pack. It's a terrific deal for almost the entire Civ V collection as well as Civ IV Complete.

I also got the Desert to Sea bundle because of all the good things I'm hearing about Spec Ops: The Line.

X-Com and NBA 2K13 were great deals too but I didn't have enough coupons. ;)

I would've bought NBA 2k11, but the steamworks version is $10 more than the PCDD version. Ah well, thanks for all the bargains Tony. Amazon rocks.

[quote name='CheapAssJoe']I got the 2K Strategy Super Pack. It's a terrific deal for almost the entire Civ V collection as well as Civ IV Complete.

I also got the Desert to Sea bundle because of all the good things I'm hearing about Spec Ops: The Line.

X-Com and NBA 2K13 were great deals too but I didn't have enough coupons. ;)[/QUOTE]
You applied more than one coupon? o_O

I got the 2k shooter pack, planning on gifting to my friends...
Already had the games but its nice to share and care ^_^.

The civ bundle would have been a steal as well. This is probably the best publisher deal this xmas. Thanks for the deals Tony and 2k!

Heres to more deals in 2013!

Dangit, can't decide between the WTF, Shooter, Desert pack! Sort of want an extra Borderlands and get Bioshock 2 to finish for wife but also want Darkness 2 or Spec Ops.

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Dangit, can't decide between the WTF, Shooter, Desert pack! Sort of want an extra Borderlands and get Bioshock 2 to finish for wife but also want Darkness 2 or Spec Ops.[/QUOTE]
If you already have Borderlands, go for Spec Ops. Seriously.

[quote name='Idiotekque']If you already have Borderlands, go for Spec Ops. Seriously.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I want to play that a lot, just the other 2 don't have much value for me. Was thinking of the WTF since I would have a second copy for my wife to play coop with me (when we get a 2nd PC lol). Too bad the Duke for the WTF bundle isn't the complete version!

Its been a great sale so far. I got Scribblenauts, The Desert to Sea pack, and the WTF pack. I already have Borderlands 1 so here it is for someone 739F4-Z8G2I-BEYCK Merry Christmas

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Yeah, I want to play that a lot, just the other 2 don't have much value for me. Was thinking of the WTF since I would have a second copy for my wife to play coop with me (when we get a 2nd PC lol). Too bad the Duke for the WTF bundle isn't the complete version![/QUOTE]
Well if you weren't able to grab the code the guy above just gave away, can't argue with getting a second Borderlands for co-op! :D

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

While I didn't pick up either pack (due to owning the contents), the 2K Shooter and 2K Super Strategy packs are awesome. Besides those, Borderlands 2 and Xcom are excellent picks. 2K publishes some of the better AAA titles, which results in Day 1 purchases for me.

I'd also like to add that the THQ, Sega, and WB deals were also killer. Kudos there as well! On the other hand, EA deals were spotty; it was disappointing to find EA pulled most deals during the promo coupon. Oh well, money saved or used elsewhere.

Anyway, keep up the good work Tony!

[quote name='Yenos']Its been a great sale so far. I got Scribblenauts, The Desert to Sea pack, and the WTF pack. I already have Borderlands 1 so here it is for someone 739F4-Z8G2I-BEYCK Merry Christmas[/QUOTE]

Already taken but thank you for your kindness!! Hope you Christmas was a good one and wish you a happy new year! The Amazon sale has been top notch , so much that I check amazon and not steam for latest sales as steam is such a let down.

Tony --

What's the game plan for PM'ing 2K games during the promotional period?

If I remember correctly, you decided to PM Steam's SRTT FP price but declined to match ME3's price from Gamefly. So how will you treat 2K games or (if applicable) different U.S. retailers offering 2k games?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back