Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='forthenguyen']Shoot the walking dead is a daily deal on steam. This pretty much ruins any chance for a good price match in January that the promo could be used on.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry about that. The way this sale is going you'd expect it to go on sale 3-5 more times at the least.

[quote name='Patch517']I wouldn't worry about that. The way this sale is going you'd expect it to go on sale 3-5 more times at the least.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they ever repeat daily deals though. It could come back as a flash sale or community vote but amazon doesn't price match those.

[quote name='soulkyo']I got Mafia for 4.99. I couldn't find it anywhere else. Thanks Tony![/QUOTE]

have you started playing it yet? I was all set to pick it up but then I read there's lots of driving in the game and that kind of turned me off. The gameplays I've seen are about 90% driving around town and a bit of mission work.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']CAGS,

I think 2K has put together a phenomenal set of promotions for us all. I'd like to start doing the "tell us what you bought" thing in this thread if you all are cool with it.

With that, I'd love to hear what 2K games you snagged and are psyched about so far this holiday!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

My purchases this holiday so far:
- Scribblenauts Unlimited x3
- Saints Row the Third: The Full Package (Bought the base game when you had it for $10 last summer, couldn't resist all the DLC for $2.50 w/coupon)
- Sega Genesis Classic Game Pack
- 2K Shooter Pack (Used the 2k coupon. Disappointed though that Borderlands GOTY still has SecuROM in 2 of it's DLCs - was hoping Gearbox patched it out by now, but sadly they haven't.)

Now just waiting til New Years so I can get Dark Souls for $13 (using $5 Editor's Choice coupon).

[quote name='phantom4']I bought guild wars 2 and after playing it i dont care for it all that much, appears i wasted 30.00. Anyone buy it and get bored of it pretty quickly or am i alone.[/QUOTE]

I paid $65 (w/tax) on release day and fully enjoy it. If you're playing solo, maybe try making some friends ingame or joining a guild? MMO's are a lot more fun when played with other people.

[quote name='sabanoo']Is anyone else still waiting on their 2K credit? It's been a couple days now but I haven't been following the thread all that much.

I got a THQ credit promptly after making a 2K purchase (for a THQ purchase earlier in the year) but no 2K credit ever.[/QUOTE]

Did you pm me your order id?

[quote name='Stonekeep']Yeah.. me,[/QUOTE]

Just backfilled. Wait a few hours please and you should be good :).

[quote name='BaboonSqueezer']Lol at the "Lego LOTRO" in the title. I wish they had made a Lego Lord of the Rings Online, the game might actually have been a lot more fun than the current MMO.[/QUOTE]

Whoops fixing.

[quote name='unclee']I'm waiting as well. Bought Civ5: Gods & Kings on the 20th of November. I got the $5 "Editors Choice" credit, but not the 2K one.[/QUOTE]

Did you PM me an order id?

[quote name='bobphone']People got the 2K coupon to work on NBA last night before the price flipped? Bogus, Tony. Bogus.[/QUOTE]

less than 50 people were able to take advantage of this before I pulled the buy box.

[quote name='forthenguyen']Still haven't got my 2K coupon. I don't know what I should even get because I got the 2K shooter pack so getting desert bundle I would have extra bioshocks and the WTF bundle I'd have an extra borderlands and duke nukem.[/QUOTE]

Did you PM me an order id?

[quote name='Seraphym']I'm really really REALLY happy to get X-com for $20. I hope that wasn't taking advantage of a glitch or something. I still need to pick up Spec Ops, Darkness 2, Creature Slaughter Dome, and Gods & Kings. My best 2k purchase of the year was BL2 for $36. I'm almost 300 hours in and still loving it. Thanks for a fun 2012 2k & Tony!

Since I'm posting anyway - can anyone recommend the X-com DLC's?[/QUOTE]

You were taking advantage of our pricing not flipping at midnight, as others stated though, that's not your issue it is ours lol. I was on when the prices flipped and pulled the buy boxes until all the new pricing was in place. Sounds like you were one of the lucky ones lol.

[quote name='windsmere']Why is Lego LotR and Scribblenauts back at $30? I thought they would be $7.50 through 12/26?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Corpekata']Still shows 7.50 for me. Scared me there, am not going to be able to buy them until later today.[/QUOTE]

This too made me choke on my delicious breakfast muffin. Shame on you.

[quote name='KBoom']Didn't get my 2K coupon yet :\

PM'ed you Tony.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Drakey']cant beat the super strategy pack until the 28th comes....

/me eyes Tony[/QUOTE]

The pack will be the same price, but all the Civ stuff we carry will be on sale as well a la carte.

[quote name='phantom4']I bought guild wars 2 and after playing it i dont care for it all that much, appears i wasted 30.00. Anyone buy it and get bored of it pretty quickly or am i alone.[/QUOTE]

I bought it for $60 release date played it for a month and quit. There was hardly any endgame at the time to keep me engaged. I haven't touched it since.

Is the Deluxe Edition of AC: Brotherhood worth getting if I will never play Multiplayer? Want to get AC:B today, but cant decide about that...

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Did you pm me your order id?

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, any hope for the grand master bundle? :D

edit. wow, the coupon just arrived. Thanks.

When you played it, did group events pop up in the areas you were in?

I played it at launch and events were popping up all over the place and it was really fun. Around mid-high levels though there were less players in zones and events would bug out and not start. That's when I lost interest because it became like every other MMO.

Tony, have you looked through all your PMs yet?
I sent you a PM earlier today with two order IDs, I got the 2k credit for one of them, but not the other. Sent you another PM, but still waiting for the reply/credit. Let me know if you might have missed that among all the PMs you probably receive and I'll send out another PM to you.

By the way, your service is outstanding. It's christmas time and all, yet you gladly manage to help so many. Thanks!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']The pack will be the same price, but all the Civ stuff we carry will be on sale as well a la carte.[/QUOTE]

that is good to know, I was only interested in Civilization V GOTY

I think 2K has put together a phenomenal set of promotions for us all. I'd like to start doing the "tell us what you bought" thing in this thread if you all are cool with it.

With that, I'd love to hear what 2K games you snagged and are psyched about so far this holiday!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Hey Tony thanks so much for all of the great deals this year. Looking forward to using my $5 credits in January.

I haven't used my 2K coupon yet but will most likely buy one of the non-strategy packs. My THQ coupon went towards the Darksiders Franchise pack but I ended up letting Ubi and EA expire.

[quote name='bleenr1']Tony, have you looked through all your PMs yet?
I sent you a PM earlier today with two order IDs, I got the 2k credit for one of them, but not the other. [/QUOTE]

Assuming you're talking about the holiday gift promo (and not the January EC $5 promo), you only get 1 promo credit per pub.

got up to lvl50 and got bored. but then again i mainly play by myself and even though im lvl50 i still dont understand A LOT about the game(still have no idea how the crafting/cooking works). but im sure if you play with someone its more fun.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Assuming you're talking about the holiday gift promo (and not the January EC $5 promo), you only get 1 promo credit per pub.[/QUOTE]

Oh, are you sure? That's a bummer, was looking forward to get Desert to Sea bundle for $5 :( Got Mafia first, since it's taken out of Steam and I wanted it in my library before it's no longer available.

[quote name='bleenr1']Oh, are you sure? That's a bummer, was looking forward to get Desert to Sea bundle for $5 :( Got Mafia first, since it's taken out of Steam and I wanted it in my library before it's no longer available.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, been posted a lot on this thread, and should be in the email. One coupon per publisher

[quote name='bleenr1']Oh, are you sure? That's a bummer, was looking forward to get Desert to Sea bundle for $5 :( Got Mafia first, since it's taken out of Steam and I wanted it in my library before it's no longer available.[/QUOTE]

From the OP...

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Coupon Update:

THQ

EA
Ubisoft

Alright, update from the developer here:

1. All orders are currently flowing through our system and to your inboxes/amazon accounts - This is what we've been working on all day, getting things unstuck.

2. The expectation is that you should receive an email within the next several hours. I'd give it a solid 5 and then let me know if you still haven't received.

3. Thanks for the patience. I'm adding this update to the OP.

As a reminder:

1. Customers who purchased THQ/EA/Ubisoft/2K Digital Video games from Amazon will get a $5 credit to use on more games from the corresponding publisher.
2. Coupons for EA/THQ/UBisoft may be used on 12/25 only and only for products GREATER THAN $5.
3. Coupons for 2K may be used from 12/26-12/31 and only on products $9.99 AND ABOVE.
4. Customers may use 1 coupon per account per publisher this means if you purchased 1 or 30 games from each publisher you are still entitled to/eligible for 1 credit from each publisher.
5. If you purchased a 2K product on 12/24 your credit will be delayed as we need to pull information out of our system, which won't propagate for a few hours.[/QUOTE]

I have fun when I play it, but I often forget about it and play my wide variety of Steam titles instead

EDIT: Whoops, wrong quote.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Depends on what your "holiday" date range is. Since Turkey-day, I've acquired from 2K:

The WTF Pack

• Borderlands GOTY
  • The Darkness II
  • ...game that will remain nameless as I'm embarrassed to own it even more than Mission Runway...
Borderlands 2
Bioshock 1
Bioshock 2

Just a small portion of what I've received from Amazon this holiday season through your outstanding deals.

[quote name='Blips']Has The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack ever been less than $9.99?[/QUOTE]

Yes and no. It was $10 back in september while a 25% off code was running. So $7.50 with the code. Of course, it was a one-time code so if you used it on the pack then it wouldn't be available for other nice deals also running at that time.

[quote name='meeko2']A little request!
Anyone else interested in Dead Space 1 & 2 ? a bundle would be so cool! or maybe a little price reduction on downloadable ones ^^

Tony you would reach 11/10 in my chart with these deals ^^[/QUOTE]

This would be great.

Guys, a quick question for the WTF pack owners. You think the darkness 2 is a good game? I'm torn between WTF and the 2k shooter pack. I have most of the games except the darkness 2, so they would be for gifting away or, if D2 is any good, I'll keep that one for myself

[quote name='Zerokoolpsx']Hey Tony,

Any chance more games or bundles will be added to the Editor's Choice for January?
Otherwise, its just 1 or 2 games for me. T_T[/QUOTE]

Yes we're working on adding more stuff and considering bundles.

[quote name='bleenr1']Tony, have you looked through all your PMs yet?
I sent you a PM earlier today with two order IDs, I got the 2k credit for one of them, but not the other. Sent you another PM, but still waiting for the reply/credit. Let me know if you might have missed that among all the PMs you probably receive and I'll send out another PM to you.

By the way, your service is outstanding. It's christmas time and all, yet you gladly manage to help so many. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Looks like this got answered right?

[quote name='sabanoo']Thanks for the reply, Tony. Just sent you a PM with my order #.[/QUOTE]

You should have received your credit, can you check?

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Anyone else not getting the $5 promo for Editors Choice games when they use the publishers' $5 promo? Maybe it was intentional and I missed that memo.[/QUOTE]

You probably won't get additional credits when using the credit, I think this is the way our back end works.

[quote name='Arkin']This would be great.[/QUOTE]

I've pitched this, waiting to hear back.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Stonekeep']Mhh, since Tony is "skipping" my question.. I'm assuming that there will be a Grand Master Bundle soon.
:)

or not, then I will be sad
[/QUOTE]

Sorry I keep reading this question and meaning to ask for clarity...what do you mean? We have the grand master stuff on sale right now.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
You should have received your credit, can you check?
[/QUOTE]

I have not received it as far as I can tell. I went to checkout with one of the $9.99 2K bundles and it was still showing up at full price there (no discount/credit). Thanks!

[quote name='sabanoo']I have not received it as far as I can tell. I went to checkout with one of the $9.99 2K bundles and it was still showing up at full price there (no discount/credit). Thanks![/QUOTE]

Have you already used 1 credit? My back end is showing all the backfills I just completed as done with no errors.

Cheers,
Tony

Hey Tony --

You might have missed this q:

Are you planning on PM 2K deals that are offered by Steam, at least the dailies? What about other US distributors? Or are PMs going to be unlikely because of the generosity of the $5 2K coupon?

Thanks a bunch!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Have you already used 1 credit? My back end is showing all the backfills I just completed as done with no errors.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I haven't bought anything since the 2K pack I bought on the 24th (to get the coupon). I had some other credits for that one (one from buying Assassin's Creed III a few weeks ago and another from something else).

[quote name='nategator']Hey Tony --

You might have missed this q:

Are you planning on PM 2K deals that are offered by Steam, at least the dailies? What about other US distributors? Or are PMs going to be unlikely because of the generosity of the $5 2K coupon?

Thanks a bunch![/QUOTE]

We PMed steams stuff this AM, other distributors will be on an ad hoc basis.

[quote name='Stonekeep']Oh sorry.

I meant this bundle (http://www.amazon.com/Total-Grand-Master-Collection-Download/dp/B00AJNWHKE/) at 75%, like some weeks ago.. It's basically the same bundle as this but with the DLCs
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AEV8NWW/ and 40$ more expensive.

Just askin' :)[/QUOTE]

Oh got it. We won't have that again in December.

Cheers,
Tony

Thrilled to pick up the Desert to the Sea bundle, as I'm keeping Spec Ops for myself and I can give the Bioshock codes to my friend as a return gift because incredibly he doesn't have them among his many other AAA + well-regarded titles. Awesome.

Tony,

Anything on the missing emails for the $5 promo credit on the Editor's Choice games? I've have 10 different Order ID that I bought last night / early morning (depending on your timezone) but I only receive 1.

I sent you a PM with the last 3 Order ID that didn't get the $5 promo credit.

Thanks!

Also, someone pointed out to me on another forum that I forgot the 2K coupons only apply to $9.99 and up (sorry guys brain not working) this means the Civ sale will still be awesome (75% off everything a la carte) but a lot of the stuff won't be coupon applicable.

Cheers,
Tony

i got ds2 bundle for the current promo and i will look into buying civ 5 g&k if its cheaper than $15 on friday. i didn't have a coupon for ubi or ea since i didn't buy any of their games thru amazon. from looking at the list of offers from both ea and ubi, there was nothing i wanted even if i went and bought a cheap dlc.

any idea when the web site will be ready so we can actually check our january credits?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Also, someone pointed out to me on another forum that I forgot the 2K coupons only apply to $9.99 and up (sorry guys brain not working) this means the Civ sale will still be awesome (75% off everything a la carte) but a lot of the stuff won't be coupon applicable.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Not too late to bundle! ;):bouncy::D

Picked up the Desert to Sea Bundle due to the large amounts of awesomeness and value there. Incredible deal with the $5 2K present. Thanks!

Kinda wish I used my $5 THQ present on MX vs. ATV yesterday, was with my family and forgot to do it. Oh well, keep up the great work Tony!

Been holding out a bit this sale, figuring on using a few of my $5 coups on EC games next week though. So, just picked up a spare copy of SRTT Complete for 2.50 (with the THQ coupon) and then traded that for Deadlight.

I thought I had purchased a 2k game this year, but it was last year on Christmas, so no Desert to Sea Bundle for me. Still on my target list at the right price points:

XCom
Spec Ops
I Am Alive
Hotline Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back