Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone see this on Amazon?

Upcoming Deals:

Check back every day between now and January 5, 2013 for new digital games deals. Here is a taste of what we have in store for the coming days:

12/27: The Walking Dead, Saints Row: The Third, F.3.A.R.
12/28: Civilization Games
12/29: Arma 2: Combined Operations, Mass Effect Trilogy, Big EA Bundle
12/30: Tomb Raider: Underworld, Hitman: Absolution
12/31: Spore Ultimate, Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate

[quote name='sunghost']tony, i love you and i'm your biggest fan. just thought you should know!!!!!!!!!

oh, and where are my free games?! Plzkthx
[/quote]
: )

[quote name='sunghost']
tony, i love you and i'm your biggest fan. just thought you should know!!!!!!!!!

oh, and where are my free games?! plzkthx
[/QUOTE]

I think this pretty much epitomizes this thread for the last 3 days.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Have you guys also opened support tickets or chatted with CS? I'm just putting the suggestion out there since Tony isn't really a CS rep and what he does for the site is just in addition to his real job at Amazon. So he does this out of the kindness of his heart and love for CAG and on his own time so he might take a while to get to any issues.

I've found CS is usually aware of most issues people are having and usually resolve whatever issue in a satisfactory way.[/QUOTE]

^^^^^
This!

If Tony is slammed, people can always contact Amazon Customer Support.

[quote name='CheapThomas']have you started playing it yet? I was all set to pick it up but then I read there's lots of driving in the game and that kind of turned me off. The gameplays I've seen are about 90% driving around town and a bit of mission work.[/QUOTE]

Nope, I haven't. The main reason for my decision was the fact that wasn't available anywhere else. And that I've read many good opinions about it.

So my haul for December fom Amazon has been:

Darksiders Franchise
Sine Mora
Hell Yeah

I didn't have anything to use the THQ or EA coupons on. I'm sitting on the fence about Scribblenauts and Lego LOTR. Plus I still have the 2K coupon I haven't used.

Maybe pick up Rayman Origins

Thanks for the great sales.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']CAGS,

I think 2K has put together a phenomenal set of promotions for us all. I'd like to start doing the "tell us what you bought" thing in this thread if you all are cool with it.

With that, I'd love to hear what 2K games you snagged and are psyched about so far this holiday!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Sure...
...but how far back do you want us to go? ;)

Part of me wants to wait for the Super Duper Kooky Strategy pack in mid/late 2013 with Civ 5, G+K, all Stronghold games, and X-Com. Feel free to toss Civ 4 out of that. I know it's a decent way to sneak in another title to boost the price for that 'value added' feel but even as someone who thinks Civ 4 > Civ 5 I think the time has come to let that one rest and simply be sold on its own.

Picked up during the course of the sale

Syndicate - $4.99
Nexiuz - $0.99
Just Cause 2 - $3.74
Darksiders Franchise - $8.19

Not too bad, more then I've bought during the steam sale so far

Add Batman Arkham pack to the list

In case anyone was looking out for it Defenders of Ardania flipped to $3.75 recently. It hit that during Thanksgiving-ish but I was hoping it might slide to $2.50. It's been cheaper on Gamer's Gate I think and might end up cheaper if Steam does some kind of Majesty themed daily deal but... just throwing it out there.

[quote name='sunghost']tony, i love you and i'm your biggest fan. just thought you should know!!!!!!!!!

oh, and where are my free games?! plzkthx
[/QUOTE]

You forgot to ask him about your coupons...

[quote name='UW_Shocks']^^^^^
This!

If Tony is slammed, people can always contact Amazon Customer Support.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'll just do this in the future, hopefully they won't just refund my order immediately :roll:

Also Tony was asking us here to help him by sending him a PM with Order IDs that didn't get a $5 promo credit for Ed's Choice earlier in this thread. I just did that thinking that it might help him solve it faster. I guess it's not needed anymore..

[quote name='UW_Shocks']^^^^
In addition to making Tony aware of the price issue, also fillout the "Tell us of a lower price" form on the item page.[/QUOTE]

I can tell you out of the half dozen or so times I've used that I've never had any success with it during major sales. Hell they still have an erroneous $20 price on a piece of Warlock DLC that's been there for months despite two or three e-mails I've shot off to them.

I am pretty tempted to double dip and get the Batman Arkham GOTY Pack for PC.. I own them both on Xbox - but money is a little tight for me this month. Do you guys thing there is any chance that this bundle will still be around for the Jan sale? (since Tony mentioned the possibility of bundles)

[quote name='LocarionStorm']I wonder if I should jump for The Walking Dead when it hits $12.49 or should I risk waiting even longer by seeing if there is a sale during January for it...[/QUOTE]
I am at the same position. I think I will wait for January sales.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']^^^^
In addition to making Tony aware of the price issue, also fillout the "Tell us of a lower price" form on the item page.[/QUOTE]

I've always kind of wondered if filling out that form really helps nudge the hamsters any or not.

It won't ruin my day either way, but I've filled it out a number of times and just mildly curious if it really makes that much of a difference.

[quote name='glennfrank']I am pretty tempted to double dip and get the Batman Arkham GOTY Pack for PC.. I own them both on Xbox - but money is a little tight for me this month. Do you guys thing there is any chance that this bundle will still be around for the Jan sale? (since Tony mentioned the possibility of bundles)[/QUOTE]

Aren't the Jan sales about games released in 2012?

[quote name='Mooby']Defenders of Ardania flipped to $3.75 recently. It hit that during Thanksgiving-ish but I was hoping it might slide to $2.50. It's been cheaper on Gamer's Gate I think and might end up cheaper if Steam does some kind of Majesty themed daily deal but... just throwing it out there.[/QUOTE]
Good find, I totally forgot about this game. There is a complete edition on steam. Who knows maybe it will go on sale in next days.

[quote name='Corpekata']Aren't the Jan sales about games released in 2012?[/QUOTE]
Only as a general rule of thumb; really it's the best selling digital games on Amazon in 2012 (regardless if they were released in 2012 or not). Point in case, people have said there were some 2010 games in the list last year.

Anyone see this on Amazon?

Upcoming Deals:

Check back every day between now and January 5, 2013 for new digital games deals. Here is a taste of what we have in store for the coming days:

12/27: The Walking Dead, Saints Row: The Third, F.3.A.R.
12/28: Civilization Games
12/29: Arma 2: Combined Operations, Mass Effect Trilogy, Big EA Bundle
12/30: Tomb Raider: Underworld, Hitman: Absolution
12/31: Spore Ultimate, Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate

So no one caught this? None of these seem to match the original post in this thread, so wondering where they came from and if anyone has seen prices.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']This is something that isn't built into the system yet. Adding this question to the list of examples I have for requests from customers on this.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Add me to the list. I received a bunch of Amazon gift card for Christmas (by request), and can't actually use them for what I want. I am actually baffled by why this was even designed this way in the first place. Why someone thought "Let's sell a bunch of products and give customer a wealth of options to pay for them . . . except digital content." It boggles the mind.

[quote name='DropZite']Yeah I'll just do this in the future, hopefully they won't just refund my order immediately :roll:

Also Tony was asking us here to help him by sending him a PM with Order IDs that didn't get a $5 promo credit for Ed's Choice earlier in this thread. I just did that thinking that it might help him solve it faster. I guess it's not needed anymore..[/QUOTE]

Hey guys,

If you've sent me order Ids and not gotten your credits, pm me again and tell me that, include the order ID again. I'm backfilling as I get them, but it looks like i may have missed a couple.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='TheHeretic']What if it's more than a day already? I know you guys are swamped that's why I waited for more than 24 hours, borderline to 48 hours now. Should we continue to wait for it? I'm asking for the others who didn't get their $5 promo credit for the Editor's Choice + the other promo credits that go with it so you won't get bombarded with the same questions.

Thanks for the notice and for answering. :D
[/QUOTE]

If you Pmed me an order id and didn't get your credit yet PM me an order id again please.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='travathian']So no one caught this? None of these seem to match the original post in this thread, so wondering where they came from and if anyone has seen prices.[/QUOTE]

It's on the "Digital Holiday Deals" page at Amazon (look at right side of page):
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht..._t=1401&pf_rd_p=1447734982&pf_rd_i=1000855031

Walking dead from their link is already at $12.49 (50%) o_O What's going on?, there's not much more to discount. the cheapest it's been is at Gamefly for $10, and that was with a coupon code I believe.

[quote name='travathian']Add me to the list. I received a bunch of Amazon gift card for Christmas (by request), and can't actually use them for what I want. I am actually baffled by why this was even designed this way in the first place. Why someone thought "Let's sell a bunch of products and give customer a wealth of options to pay for them . . . except digital content." It boggles the mind.[/QUOTE]

I use Amazon gift cards for digital content all the time.

[quote name='travathian']So no one caught this? None of these seem to match the original post in this thread, so wondering where they came from and if anyone has seen prices.[/QUOTE]

Tony said the Civ games would be 75% ala carte, haven't seen details on the rest yet

I'm quite surprised a lot of you guys didn't talk much about GW2 especially it being $30 yesterday (the lowest i've seen thus far)... unfortunately I didn't bite, but honestly I probably would have if I read a few posts here that would have convinced me otherwise haha. I sifted through a few pages but alas the $5 coupon credit seemed to get more attention.

[quote name='xanchui']I use Amazon gift cards for digital content all the time.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I am doing something wrong then, guess I will give CS a holler.

Sega Dreamcast Pack
Sega Genesis Classics Collection
Harry/Batman
Scribblenauts Unlimited
WTF Pack (Borderlands, DNF, Darkness II)
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (Grrr, not on Steam!)
Dead Island GOTY
Lego Batman

Tony, thank you for making me happy to let Amazon take my money. This was awesome! (except for no Ubisoft games on Steam, d'oh.)

[quote name='walkonshadows']
Walking dead from their link is already at $12.49 (50%) o_O What's going on, there's not much more to discount. the cheapest it's been is at Gamefly for $10, and that was with a coupon I believe.[/QUOTE]

Well if you bought it and it goes cheaper you could always complain...

*ducks for cover* :fridge:

[quote name='Chronotrigga']I'm quite surprised a lot of you guys didn't talk much about GW2 especially it being $30 yesterday (the lowest i've seen thus far)... unfortunately I didn't bite, but honestly I probably would have if I read a few posts here that would have convinced me otherwise haha. I sifted through a few pages but alas the $5 coupon credit seemed to get more attention.[/QUOTE]

If you like other MMOs, it is mostly more of the same, with some interesting new takes on things.

If you liked the original Guild Wars because of how different it was from other MMOs, you're going to be sorely disappointed.

Tony, any chance on matching COD black ops 2 price with the price the 360/ps3 versions have right now? its 40 for consoles and 48 pc download, i find that strange considering digital games are usually cheaper because no hard copy or shipping is involved

[quote name='travathian']If you like other MMOs, it is mostly more of the same, with some interesting new takes on things.

If you liked the original Guild Wars because of how different it was from other MMOs, you're going to be sorely disappointed.[/QUOTE]

So sad about missing this deal, I'm right now trying to buy extra copies from GMG. Stupid site only allows 1 copy per email. And now GMG and verified by Visa are being a pair of fucking little bitches. Can't use paypal either as my paypal email doesn't match the registered email. Waiting on hold for Visa. I want to kill someone!!!

[quote name='travathian']If you like other MMOs, it is mostly more of the same, with some interesting new takes on things.

If you liked the original Guild Wars because of how different it was from other MMOs, you're going to be sorely disappointed.[/QUOTE]

Never played the original actually! Should have got it when I had the chance but oh well, still some other very good games for sale. :)

[quote name='Motoki']Well if you bought it and it goes cheaper you could always complain...

*ducks for cover* :fridge:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tham1988']have some faith man[/QUOTE]

I guess I'll just say......nothing.

@Tony, I just used my 2K coupon to buy Mafia ($4.99) for Steam. I'm curious as to how you guys can do that since it's de-listed. Do you have a set number of old codes, or are you actually capable of getting more for a game no longer on Steam, cause if the later is true, that would be an awesome tool in your toolbox. And the above poster is correct, Amazon is killing Steam with these sales. Not just saying that, I've bought more from you than Steam this sale by a factor of 4 to 1.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']Tony, any chance on matching COD black ops 2 price with the price the 360/ps3 versions have right now? its 40 for consoles and 48 pc download, i find that strange considering digital games are usually cheaper because no hard copy or shipping is involved[/QUOTE]
There's no way anyone is going to match the price on a different system. You're talking about two completely different markets.

[quote name='travathian']Add me to the list. I received a bunch of Amazon gift card for Christmas (by request), and can't actually use them for what I want. I am actually baffled by why this was even designed this way in the first place. Why someone thought "Let's sell a bunch of products and give customer a wealth of options to pay for them . . . except digital content." It boggles the mind.[/QUOTE]

If you haven't already, go to your account settings and apply them to your account that way. It should automatically take the purchase out of the gift card after that. (In fact, the thing that annoys me the most, is you are forced to use a gift card for digital purchases if there is one on your account.)

[quote name='Cantatus']If you haven't already, go to your account settings and apply them to your account that way. It should automatically take the purchase out of the gift card after that. (In fact, the thing that annoys me the most, is you are forced to use a gift card for digital purchases if there is one on your account.)[/QUOTE]

Right, I've paid with gift card balances plenty of times. You just have to redeem them to your account first then it automatically deducts from it.

Tony,

Here's why I always try and buy from Amazon instead of Steam when the price is comparable or even close: I was able to get a hold of someone from Amazon digital customer service and my issue resolved in less than two minutes.

Two minutes.

[quote name='travathian']Tony,

Here's why I always try and buy from Amazon instead of Steam when the price is comparable or even close: I was able to get a hold of someone from Steam Amazon digital customer service and my issue resolved in less than two minutes.

Two minutes.[/QUOTE]

Fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back