Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
So did anybody successfully get Tony to give a refund of the $5 on the DarkSiders package if you bought it a few days before the coupon went live (a few days ago when it originally was offered at $13.xx)?

I don't know if this was offered or not, or if I need to go through CS, or I'm out of luck. Either way I'm fine, I'm just wondering if anybody here (especially those that were SURE it wasn't going to get cheaper any time soon) got a credit.

I was never complaining about the price, or that I missed out because I went ahead and bit (in a moment of weakness) at $13.xx.

I mean, we supposedly missed out on some deals because people complained--I at least want to get credit if it was offered. Even though I didn't complain. My issue was with the holier-than-thous on CAG, not Tony.

But since Tony didn't respond to my PM, I'll ask here.

There was absolutely nothing else I would have used the coupon for from any of the publishers. So that's why I was pursuing it.

[quote name='Cantatus']Not sure if it'd affect it, but check your download location (View > Settings > Downloads) and makes sure you are set to an American location. For some reason, Scribblenauts doesn't launch in other parts of the world until February.

If that doesn't work, I'd suggest contacting support. However, as a workaround in the meantime, you can launch the game from the .exe in your Steam directory.[/QUOTE]

I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the help!

It hasn't even crossed my mind to ask for a refund on the DS franchise. $13 was a fair price, so I bit. Probably why you did too. If the price matching policy was still in effect at Amazon, you might have a shot, but they don't. You may not have gotten in on the super killer deal, but it was still a good deal.

[quote name='turls']So did anybody successfully get Tony to give a refund of the $5 on the DarkSiders package if you bought it a few days before the coupon went live (a few days ago when it originally was offered at $13.xx)?

I don't know if this was offered or not, or if I need to go through CS, or I'm out of luck. Either way I'm fine, I'm just wondering if anybody here (especially those that were SURE it wasn't going to get cheaper any time soon) got a credit.

I was never complaining about the price, or that I missed out because I went ahead and bit (in a moment of weakness) at $13.xx.

I mean, we supposedly missed out on some deals because people complained--I at least want to get credit if it was offered. Even though I didn't complain. My issue was with the holier-than-thous on CAG, not Tony.

There was absolutely nothing else I would have used the coupon for from any of the publishers. So that's why I was pursuing it.[/QUOTE]

No credit was ever offered.

Wow. I was gone for the holidays and come back to a lot of griping.

TONY: Thank you for the Christmas treat. I look forward to playing Darksiders II.

[quote name='rasvelen']Anyone want to trade Spec ops + bioshock 1 and 2(or any same amount game) for the borderlands 2 season pass($10.5) on gmg? I don't have any real cash left and I only have amazon credits :( anyone?[/QUOTE]

ANyone?

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Dont know why i never subsscribed to this thread. Now i missed out on alot of stuff. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

You'll be ready for next year. I think a lot of us started following this late 2011.

A lesson that people should realize is that theoretically, prices can drop close to $0 so 13.xx anything still has a lot of room to drop between 0 and 13.

Even prices at 4.99 will go to 2.49 easily probably when the item drops to 9.99 MSRP and they all pretty much eventually do that. You can assume pretty much everything eventually hits 2.49, then you're probably pretty safe to pick it up then.

Another option is the buy/sell thread. I'm surprised how cheap things there go for already probably due to people having duplicates and just wanting to get rid of things.

I didn't bite on the DS pack since $13.xx is still pretty high for me for any game or franchise and I wasn't that interested in it really. Did buy it at 8.xx since I had the coupon (Amazon is pretty smart since I might not have bought it without a coupon at all) so Tony, the coupon really does make people think they are getting a great deal no matter the price.

Amalur is the same, it may go lower than the 10 soon and I picked it up at the higher price.

If you have a backlog, think pretty hard before jumping since any deal now will be better next holiday season.

What a slap in the face the daily deals are today. Amazon had XCOM and Lego LOTR for way less than this only a couple days ago as well as LA Noir for the same price. Does anyone know why Amazon keeps beating Steam with their own keys?

Will the Bioshocks be a sale mainstay until Infinite releases? And will Mafia 2 ever be bundled?

A pack with Spec Ops, Darkness 2, and Mafia 2 would be monstrous!

[quote name='yangwenli']A lesson that people should realize is that theoretically, prices can drop close to $0 so 13.xx anything still has a lot of room to drop between 0 and 13.

Even prices at 4.99 will go to 2.49 easily probably when the item drops to 9.99 MSRP and they all pretty much eventually do that. You can assume pretty much everything eventually hits 2.49, then you're probably pretty safe to pick it up then.

Another option is the buy/sell thread. I'm surprised how cheap things there go for already probably due to people having duplicates and just wanting to get rid of things.

I didn't bite on the DS pack since $13.xx is still pretty high for me for any game or franchise and I wasn't that interested in it really. Did buy it at 8.xx since I had the coupon (Amazon is pretty smart since I might not have bought it without a coupon at all) so Tony, the coupon really does make people think they are getting a great deal no matter the price.

Amalur is the same, it may go lower than the 10 soon and I picked it up at the higher price.

If you have a backlog, think pretty hard before jumping since any deal now will be better next holiday season.[/QUOTE]

For myself, and I'm sure others as well, I bit on the Darksiders pack first because I didn't see anything else that tempted me. If I had not bought it, thought, I would not have the coupon to use, and I would have paid the same price either way for it.

I realize some people gamed the system to get it more off, but people are going to do that anyway. I bought it early, and I was rewarded with a nice coupon. I'm happy.

[quote name='ctclements']What a slap in the face the daily deals are today. Amazon had XCOM and Lego LOTR for way less than this only a couple days ago as well as LA Noir for the same price. Does anyone know why Amazon keeps beating Steam with their own keys?[/QUOTE]

Because maybe Steam doesn't feel like using those titles as loss leaders to get customers? Also, not everyone shops around like we do here and might be willing to pay the price Steam charges.

As for LA Noire, that's the price it has gone on sale for the past year. I don't expect it will get any lower. Too bad, because I'd like to get the complete edition for under $5.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Because maybe Steam doesn't feel like using those titles as loss leaders to get customers? Also, not everyone shops around like we do here and might be willing to pay the price Steam charges.

As for LA Noire, that's the price it has gone on sale for the past year. I don't expect it will get any lower. Too bad, because I'd like to get the complete edition for under $5.[/QUOTE]

If the complete edition ever does get to $5 I'd be willing to bet money that Amazon beats Steam to it.

Tony,

I know you don't match internationally, but two international sites got a 50% off deal on Borderlands 2 and Season Pass today. Seems surprising they wouldn't give you guys the same or a similar deal on the season pass especially with how many of the 2K bundles I imagine you're moving.

[quote name='ctclements']If the complete edition ever does get to $5 I'd be willing to bet money that Amazon beats Steam to it.[/QUOTE]

It was 4.99 on the Steam thanksgiving sale, so Steam won that particular round.

[quote name='yangwenli']A lesson that people should realize is that theoretically, prices can drop close to $0 so 13.xx anything still has a lot of room to drop between 0 and 13.[/QUOTE]

...even if it comes with all the poorly reviewed DLC.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Because maybe Steam doesn't feel like using those titles as loss leaders to get customers? Also, not everyone shops around like we do here and might be willing to pay the price Steam charges.

As for LA Noire, that's the price it has gone on sale for the past year. I don't expect it will get any lower. Too bad, because I'd like to get the complete edition for under $5.[/QUOTE]

I would fully agree with you if there had been at least some sort of event, any kind of event, but they didn't even care for that.

Not saying you are but anyone defending steam's laziness is just delusional, these days it's become obvious they believe they can sell on brand loyalty alone

[quote name='erequena']It was 4.99 on the Steam thanksgiving sale, so Steam won that particular round.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the complete edition was. If it was, I totally missed it.

[quote name='DonRamon']I would fully agree with you if there had been at least some sort of event, any kind of event, but they didn't even care for that.

Not saying you are but anyone defending steam's laziness is just delusional, these days it's become obvious they believe they can sell on brand loyalty alone[/QUOTE]

First off, I don't know why people care so much where they get their games or who "wins" these sales. If the customer gets a good deal, they win no matter who offers the deal.

As for Steam, considering that the de facto delivery for digital games are Steam keys, the brand is certainly worth a huge amount. Those who use Steam have easy access to the store and Steam has a prime window to market to those who use their service.

Personally, despite all the talk about Amazon crushing Steam, it wasn't until this holiday season that I bought some stuff from Amazon's store. Part of it might be that the games they got deals on either I owned or weren't particularly interested in, or that their store isn't as accessable as Steam. Granted, I'm not spending huge amounts at Steam either, but that's mostly because I own most things I want.

Is it possible to gift an Amazon game and have it redeemable on Steam? I wanted to gift HM but it JUST ended on Steam as I was about to, I see Amazon still has it for the same price.

I also figure I might be able to use the $5 off coupon on it for myself later on?

[quote name='ctclements']What a slap in the face the daily deals are today. Amazon had XCOM and Lego LOTR for way less than this only a couple days ago as well as LA Noir for the same price. Does anyone know why Amazon keeps beating Steam with their own keys?[/QUOTE]

I've thought Steam might be comfortable with their sheer dominance over people this year leading to poorer sales. The neogaf threads were insane with how tightly people cling to Steam, and people are used to getting great deals from them so I don't think they look around as much.

Other kinda lackluster deals I think are from publishers agreeing to less drastic price decreases. Ubisoft titles have not been discounted heavily this year on Steam at all, for example.

[quote name='TheLongshot']I don't think the complete edition was. If it was, I totally missed it.

First off, I don't know why people care so much where they get their games or who "wins" these sales. If the customer gets a good deal, they win no matter who offers the deal.

As for Steam, considering that the de facto delivery for digital games are Steam keys, the brand is certainly worth a huge amount. Those who use Steam have easy access to the store and Steam has a prime window to market to those who use their service.

Personally, despite all the talk about Amazon crushing Steam, it wasn't until this holiday season that I bought some stuff from Amazon's store. Part of it might be that the games they got deals on either I owned or weren't particularly interested in, or that their store isn't as accessable as Steam. Granted, I'm not spending huge amounts at Steam either, but that's mostly because I own most things I want.[/QUOTE]

I think less people know about Amazon selling Steam keys than we or people on CAG think. Everyone here is obviously a CAG and looks for deals, but the majority of the world just shops on Steam and is happy to play their games and not collect or use it trying to find deals and is ecstatic when things go 50 or 75% off on Steam directly.

Think also of all your console gamers moving to the PC and that migration user probably is crazy happy with all the deals at it is when they are used to 19.99 to 24.99 or more prices.

I have bought all of 2 games from Steam directly in my life and 1 of those was the DoW pack this sale.

I think everyone who buys a ton from Amazon is in the minority still and why they are still trying to get the word out and market share.

[quote name='yangwenli']I think less people know about Amazon selling Steam keys than we or people on CAG think. Everyone here is obviously a CAG and looks for deals, but the majority of the world just shops on Steam and is happy to play their games and not collect or use it trying to find deals and is ecstatic when things go 50 or 75% off on Steam directly.

I think everyone who buys a ton from Amazon is in the minority still and why they are still trying to get the word out and market share.[/QUOTE]

I believe so as well. I've told multiple people about Amazon selling games that activate on Steam and I get puzzled looks in response. I've explained multiple times that Amazon provides steam codes, etc, and people still shop on steam first.

[quote name='hal']I was in the process of grabbing some Warlock DLC and came across this odd pricing:

Warlock Master of the Arcane: Power of the Serpent List Price $19.99 $10.00

It's just DLC... the base game is half that price. It's on sale at Steam for $1.49. Clearly a pricing error.

Tony?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mooby']Been mentioning that for a while including a couple of feedback posts to the store page.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hal']Alas, I'll have to admit to skipping a few pages when it when it degenerated into whining and asking the same questions repeatedly.

I hope they fix it... it's the last one I need.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mac the Geek']Both Warlock and Defenders of Ardania have some screwy DLC pricing. I gave up on trying to get Amazon to fix those prices, and just bought the Majesty Franchise pack instead.

Tony needs some of these guys working under him, to investigate and fix the pricing errors:

Despicable-Me-Minions.jpg
[/QUOTE]

This is now fixed, and I've chastised the hamsters.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Yeah, thanks for elaborating. It's a really nice system that doesn't get a whole lot of credit. Simple to jump into and use, but complex enough to favor some serious thought and setting up.

I just started up a TSW CAG Steam group, so if anyone plays just PM me and I'll toss you an invite. :)[/QUOTE]

woot, can't wait to play with you guys!

[quote name='CitizenErased13']I bought the 2k Strategy Super Pack over a week ago and still haven't received a 2k promo credit. Is this to be expected or should I contact Amazon CS?[/QUOTE]

PM me with your order ID if you haven't yet.

[quote name='juanjava']Binary domain at 4.7$ in gmg (after coupon). Should I bite?[/QUOTE]

Yes, that game is awesome, go buy it right now.

[quote name='turls']So did anybody successfully get Tony to give a refund of the $5 on the DarkSiders package if you bought it a few days before the coupon went live (a few days ago when it originally was offered at $13.xx)?

There was absolutely nothing else I would have used the coupon for from any of the publishers. So that's why I was pursuing it.[/QUOTE]

Looks like this was covered here.

FYI I did respond to your PM asking for clarity around your request, never heard back :(.

[quote name='BridgetFisher']Any chance of a sleeping dogs complete pack? all that dlc is annoying to add each code.[/QUOTE]

I'll pitch it.

Personally, despite all the talk about Amazon crushing Steam, it wasn't until this holiday season that I bought some stuff from Amazon's store. Part of it might be that the games they got deals on either I owned or weren't particularly interested in, or that their store isn't as accessable as Steam. Granted, I'm not spending huge amounts at Steam either, but that's mostly because I own most things I want.[/QUOTE]

FYI, and I don't mean this to sound snippy, because this is not directed at you, but one of the things that really irks me about internet conversations like this are statements of fact with 0 insight into the business. It damages the credibility of gamer feedback as a whole.

The statement "because maybe Steam doesn't feel like using those titles as loss leaders to get customers?" implies that you have insight into the business relationships and financial arrangements between both Amazon and Publishers and Steam and Publishers.

Cheers,
Tony

Id guess the publishers arent allowing lower prices on amazon just because. there are probably different arrangements, amazon may not take the same cut of each sale steam does in their storefront for example.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']The statement "because maybe Steam doesn't feel like using those titles as loss leaders to get customers?" implies that you have insight into the business relationships and financial arrangements between both Amazon and Publishers and Steam and Publishers. [/QUOTE]

I'm sorry you took my speculation that way, Tony. There is a reason why I have a "maybe" and a question mark at the end of that statement, because it is speculation on my part.

[quote name='TheLongshot']I'm sorry you took my speculation that way, Tony. There is a reason why I have a "maybe" and a question mark at the end of that statement, because it is speculation on my part.[/QUOTE]

You know what Longshot?!??

I need to learn to read.

Sorry :(.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='TheLongshot']I'm sorry you took my speculation that way, Tony. There is a reason why I have a "maybe" and a question mark at the end of that statement, because it is speculation on my part.[/QUOTE]

Also, I kicked off another backfill for your credit. Did you get it yet?

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='pantsattack']Will the Bioshocks be a sale mainstay until Infinite releases? And will Mafia 2 ever be bundled?

A pack with Spec Ops, Darkness 2, and Mafia 2 would be monstrous![/QUOTE]

I just needed a Mafia / Mafia II pack, with some DLC it would be a bonus. Then this end year sale would be perfect for me :D

I will say why before this sale I always happily paid Steam prices and didn't bother with Amazon, and maybe Tony can take this to the proper channels as feedback:

Steam is easy on the eyes.

When these sales start, I go to the Steam Homepage and right there - Daily Deals and when they end, flash sales and when they end, community choice and when it ends. In about two seconds I know all the major sales. Sure there are hidden gems you have to hunt down, but usually the biggest sales are right in your face.

I go to Amazon, and its like I have to play hide and seek. There are 16 Deals Not to be Missed, but when do those end? Are they special sales like the daily deals, or regular sales like the bulk 50% steam sales?

I tried Amazon last sale, and couldn't comfortably navigate through the sales. Steam feels like a typical circular (store advertisement) I can quickly flip through and see the deals, when they expire, when they get replaced, etc.

Now, another forum that I frequent pointed me to this thread, and all of a sudden I can just check Tony's post and know the deals, so using this thread as the equivalent of an advertisement circular, I can (and certainly have been) utilizing the Amazon sales. Without this thread? Trying to find the deals was more hassle than it was worth.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI, and I don't mean this to sound snippy, because this is not directed at you, but one of the things that really irks me about internet conversations like this are statements of fact with 0 insight into the business. It damages the credibility of gamer feedback as a whole.

The statement "because maybe Steam doesn't feel like using those titles as loss leaders to get customers?" implies that you have insight into the business relationships and financial arrangements between both Amazon and Publishers and Steam and Publishers.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I think the main point I am taking away from these conversations is not that anyone is an expert but that Steam has more users, they have the traffic, the have the client and the well organized visually appealing store and they can get away with selling at higher price points and still sell really well.

It's obviously working for them because XCom is their #2 seller right now even at 33% off vs 50% or 50% with additional coupon like some non Steam deals have been lately.

A lot of people here are complaining about the Steam sale but honestly if they can sell games really well at higher price points then it makes sense for both them and the publishers to do that.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']You know what Longshot?!??

I need to learn to read.

Sorry :(.[/QUOTE]

It is OK. The holidays have been keeping you busy and it is easy to take things the wrong way on the internet.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Also, I kicked off another backfill for your credit. Did you get it yet?[/QUOTE]

Yes I did. Thanks.

[quote name='Motoki']I think the main point I am taking away from these conversations is not that anyone is an expert but that Steam has more users, they have the traffic, the have the client and the well organized visually appealing store and they can get away with selling at higher price points and still sell really well.

It's obviously working for them because XCom is their #2 seller right now even at 33% off vs 50% or 50% with additional coupon like some non Steam deals have been lately.

A lot of people here are complaining about the Steam sale but honestly if they can sell games really well at higher price points then it makes sense for both them and the publishers to do that.[/QUOTE]

There are exactly 0 people on the planet who disagree with anything you wrote above.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='TheLongshot']It is OK. The holidays have been keeping you busy and it is easy to take things the wrong way on the internet.

Yes I did. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Word! Glad you're sorted.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']There are exactly 0 people on the planet who disagree with anything you wrote above.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I agree with it but I feel like there are more than 0 people in this thread that disagree with what he wrote, haha.

So Tony, any sneak peaks for January sales?

Steam has definitely got 'complacent' but I suppose they have their economists and Gaben who know the optimal price point/revenue amounts. Pity you have people paying over twice as much for the same thing just because they don't know about Amazon.

[quote name='awestover89']I will say why before this sale I always happily paid Steam prices and didn't bother with Amazon, and maybe Tony can take this to the proper channels as feedback:

Steam is easy on the eyes.

When these sales start, I go to the Steam Homepage and right there - Daily Deals and when they end, flash sales and when they end, community choice and when it ends. In about two seconds I know all the major sales. Sure there are hidden gems you have to hunt down, but usually the biggest sales are right in your face.

I go to Amazon, and its like I have to play hide and seek. There are 16 Deals Not to be Missed, but when do those end? Are they special sales like the daily deals, or regular sales like the bulk 50% steam sales?

I tried Amazon last sale, and couldn't comfortably navigate through the sales. Steam feels like a typical circular (store advertisement) I can quickly flip through and see the deals, when they expire, when they get replaced, etc.

Now, another forum that I frequent pointed me to this thread, and all of a sudden I can just check Tony's post and know the deals, so using this thread as the equivalent of an advertisement circular, I can (and certainly have been) utilizing the Amazon sales. Without this thread? Trying to find the deals was more hassle than it was worth.[/QUOTE]

Wrote perfectly. I agree. Without this thread or maybe some of the others I don't visit, shopping for deals on Amazon is near impossible under the current system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back