Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting to hear about BF Premium. And don't just say to find someone to buy the BF3 code off me. That's work. I just want Premium for $20. Let's do this

[quote name='glyph42']Speaking of GTA... these Amazon prices have been so good lately that it almost feels like stealing! :D

gtatony.jpg
[/QUOTE]

this is amazing did you make this yourself?

Tony should use it as his avatar

[quote name='Umair56']Quick question- and its probably been asked and answered many times before so sorry ahead of time- but for the $5 promotion for the editors choice games in January, will the prices for those games be discounted at all? I'd love to pick up a super cheap Max Payne 3 and maybe Walking Dead for a friend or something.[/QUOTE]
Last year, as I recall, items on the Editor's Choice list went on sale throughout the month. Not all at one time, it was sort of like the Steam sales where you might as well wait it out until the last day or else the 25% off $15 game you used your coupon on was a 50% off $10 game the next day. I remember using up most of my coupons on the first day or so and being a little annoyed when I saw many of those games go on deeper discounts a week or two later.

Obviously I don't know if they'll do it the same way this year.

[quote name='Mooby']Most of the time it's just going to be lucky coincidence of price matches to Steam, Gamefly, and Gamer's Gate.[/QUOTE]
One of these things is not like the others!

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Thinking about grabbing that total war bundle. Really only wanted shogun 2 and fall of the samurai though[/QUOTE]

same here...

I was also trying to hold off on that Total War bundle and see if FotS would fall to $7.50 or something (i know it has before). I've never played the series, but that era of Japan interests me and I only recently got the PC to be able to run it.

Waited until the last minute here but couldn't resist. Welp, hope I end up loving this series and get some value out of all the old ones.

[quote name='LocarionStorm']Picking up the Gods and Kings deal with my 2K coupon tomorrow. Thank you Mr. Tony Amazon. :D[/QUOTE]

/jealous but glad for you mate

Tony, this sale has rocked. To be honest I haven't been a fan of all this email chaotic $5 coupon thing--but the deals you guys have offered have been fantastic!

It sounds like the complicated email coupon mechanic made things pretty chaotic and painful on Amazon's end as well. You work too hard man--lets simply the whole sale thing for all of us! ><

One last suggestion, and this is just because I'm a complete dumbass--Maybe really clearly mark games that include a steam code.... like mark them so well that someone as stupid as me won't buy Prototype and then wonder why the key won't work on Steam. LOL

That's not a complaint, just a reminder that there are people as slow as me, and a giant ass glowing blinking steam logo in a fixed location on the layout for all digital download listings would be of great help. Most people on here CLEARLY don't have the reading trouble I do though--so I won't hold my breath, but man it'd be a great feature.

Even better would be multiple icons indicating anywhere the code would work (thinking Steam Logo, Origin Logo, not sure if there's any others).

Anyway, none of this is meant as a complaint, I'm a HUGE fan and thank you so much for all your hard work. Though I got none of the coupons to work out well for me--I still saved TONS without them on this sale and am a VERY happy customer!

Cheers,

DA

P.S. (sorry all for the rambling 2am novel)

[quote name='DeusAtrox']That's not a complaint, just a reminder that there are people as slow as me, and a giant ass glowing blinking steam logo in a fixed location on the layout for all digital download listings would be of great help. Most people on here CLEARLY don't have the reading trouble I do though--so I won't hold my breath, but man it'd be a great feature.
[/QUOTE]

I need this too. "Fixed location" being a key part of that. Right now I mostly figure it out between the comments section, the DRM section, checking the "Steamworks" listing on Wikipedia, and checking next to the title where it sometimes says "Online Game Code" (or something like that).

[quote name='DeusAtrox']
One last suggestion, and this is just because I'm a complete dumbass--Maybe really clearly mark games that include a steam code.... like mark them so well that someone as stupid as me won't buy Prototype and then wonder why the key won't work on Steam. LOL
[/QUOTE]

I have been complaining about this for a long time. :p

He finally got them to add a field for it, but the field is not there 100% of the time and when it is it's a small text that's very easy to miss instead of an image logo or something bolder and highlighted etc.

I also think it's important for them to note when a game doesn't have DRM or has some other non-Steam DRM instead of just leaving the field blank.

It's one of the most important criteria for gamers and making sure that it's very obvious and there all the time will save a lot of headache on the back end for customer service.

/DRM field rant

Forgive me for asking, but I've only skimmed this thread over the past few days. I heard Tony say something about some additional deals that would appear before the 2K coupon runs out. Did any of that ever pan out? Do we know anything about that?

Why, that lying bastard.

Oh well. I guess I now gotta figure out what to use my 2 2K coupons on. I actually gave a thought to picking up XCOM the other night during the 30 minute window when it could be had for $20. I kinda wish I had. If nothing else, I could of let a fellow CAG have it for $20. Better than letting the coupon go to waste like I had to do with the EA one.

[quote name='guardian_owl']There is overlap with the steam sale for 9 days, so if one of the editor's choice is a daily deal I believe amazon will match it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MC Kage']Roll of the dice I guess, depends on price matching Steam/other US distributors[/QUOTE]

Okay, thanks guys.

[quote name='The End']Why, that lying bastard.

Oh well. I guess I now gotta figure out what to use my 2 2K coupons on. I actually gave a thought to picking up XCOM the other night during the 30 minute window when it could be had for $20. I kinda wish I had. If nothing else, I could of let a fellow CAG have it for $20. Better than letting the coupon go to waste like I had to do with the EA one.[/QUOTE]

There will be Civilization deals today if you like that kinda genre. Also, it's only 1 promo use per publisher, no matter how many emails you received.

[quote name='nategator']Ugh. Not this again.

It doesn't matter how you feel about other forums. The few CAGers that repost on other forum communities help Amazon make more sales. Amazon having more sales gives Tony a better bargaining position. This means Tony can negotiate better deals for your benefit.

And I'm sorry if I implied at all that there was any hostility from SD members to CAG members. It's more of just an abundance of caution concerning the guys who run the forums. Forum sites like SD and CAG pay for their servers through referral links. Every time you make a purchase by clicking a CAG link, CAG may receive compensation. And if I learned one thing in life, you never mess with other people's money lightly. But I may be too paranoid on this issue as well and I certainly don't speak for anyone else in my posts.

So if you like CAG, purchase using CAG links.

I myself have been purchasing mostly through CAG but that's because it's usually the site I spend the most time talking about Amazon deals.

I've also been reposting less Amazon deals and letting others take care of it, mostly because some people can be very rude out of ignorance (please note, I'm not talking about any the posts on this thread). I hope next time that Tony asks someone to update the SD community, that person does not decline because they might get flamed.

As to the specific question -- it's because you guys are a subset of the deal hunters out there. Most folks spend their time on a general forum like slickdeals, fatwallet, or the general reddit threads. So they're not going to spend a lot of time on CAG because they want to know about all the deals online out there -- not just video games. That's why the reposts are helpful, we're spreading deal news to a larger audience.[/QUOTE]

Thx for clearing that up, ive always wondered what the hostility stemmed from. Considering everyone just wants cheaper deal.....

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SeymourGams']How does one make the 2K coupon apply? I clicked the link in my email but that didn't seem to do anything.[/QUOTE]

The $5 off should be shown during check out as "Promotion applied -$5". Contact CS if this is not the case.

[quote name='lidl']There will be Civilization deals today if you like that kinda genre. Also, it's only 1 promo use per publisher, no matter how many emails you received.[/QUOTE]

Oh, thanks for the head's up about the Civ deals. Maybe that's what I was thinking about.

Oh and I know about only one coupon per account. But I accidentally bought Duke Nukem for a buck in January on my girlfriend's Amazon account. So she got the email about the credit too. Since she only plays casual games, it is mine to use if I want. Probably wont use it though. I'm having a hard enough time trying to find something to use the coupon that I have on.

[quote name='lidl']The $5 off should be shown during check out as "Promotion applied -$5". Contact CS if this is not the case.[/QUOTE]

Called them and they refunded my money, gave me a $5 credit, and are just asking me to repurchase it. That was seamless and took five minutes, wow. Good going Amazon.

And Tony, thank you for making a man have to say "W T F Pack" in a heavy, heavy Indian accent for my audible pleasure.

Hi Tony

I am interested in Stronghold games (Stronghold collection, stronghold 3gold). Any way to make a bundle with theese games for good price ? :)

[quote name='winter2']Hi Tony

I am interested in Stronghold games (Stronghold collection, stronghold 3gold). Any way to make a bundle with theese games for good price ? :)[/QUOTE]

Was thinking about that myself but it seems they are two different publishers. 2K does the Stronghold collection while 7Sixty does the new game.

[quote name='Mooby']Was thinking about that myself but it seems they are two different publishers. 2K does the Stronghold collection while 7Sixty does the new game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the new one is from another dev and it isnt that good like old ones. I am also hoping for discount on Stronghold collection with steam key. There is only discount on download one.

I already have Civ 5 + God&Kings, but I'm wondering if it is worth it to get Civ IV as I haven't played that one yet?

The DRM listing is still very silly. MX vs ATV Reflex didn't say Steam anywhere, but my friend wanted it (who I don't mind giving access to my Amazon account) so I grabbed it regardless and it wasn't till after I bought it that I discovered it was a Steam key.

Did it even mention the word Steam anywhere? Nope. Noticed that someone mentioned it in a review though. Pretty sad if that's where you have to check, as opposed to actual information given by Amazon. >_>

[quote name='iamanerd']I already have Civ 5 + God&Kings, but I'm wondering if it is worth it to get Civ IV as I haven't played that one yet?[/QUOTE]

There are people -- including myself -- that think Civ 4 is a 'deeper' experience than Civ 5 but they are essentially the same game minus a few varying mechanics, mods, scenarios, etc.

[quote name='nategator']This seems to be a solid pack flying under the radar:

Civ 4 & 5 for $5 AC? If you don't already have them, that's $2.50 each.

Too bad I haven't even played more than 30 minutes of Civ 4, otherwise I might be tempted.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it look nice but WHY must be Civ4 drm free (not steam) ? :( Any way to get both steam keys for $5?

[quote name='winter2']Yeah it look nice but WHY must be Civ4 drm free (not steam) ? :( Any way to get both steam keys for $5?[/QUOTE]

Check your PMs, I might be able to help you out with Civ 4, too.

[quote name='winter2']Yeah it look nice but WHY must be Civ4 drm free (not steam) ? :( Any way to get both steam keys for $5?[/QUOTE]

I'm still trying to decide whether I want Civ IV DRM-free or not. Most people will probably suggest Steam, but I kind of like having the download via Amazon.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Any ideas why the Bioshock Dual Pack won't activate on Steam? It keeps giving me an Invalid Product Code error.[/QUOTE]

According to the store page, neither use Steam as DRM.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Any ideas why the Bioshock Dual Pack won't activate on Steam? It keeps giving me an Invalid Product Code error.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mooby']According to the store page, neither use Steam as DRM.[/QUOTE]

There is a Steam version and a non-Steam version of that pack. Tony linked to the Steam version in the OP, but the non-Steam one is that one that pops up first when I search on Amazon.

Pretty sure Amazon Customer Service can get you squared away if you want the Steam one. Otherwise, just download and enjoy! :)

[quote name='Fluxy']has anyone played spore? fun? or a pass?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mooby']Failed utterly in what it attempted to do. Pass.[/QUOTE]

Actually, SPORE was VERY enjoyable to me. Maybe it's my unusual desire to find what's good in a game, or maybe it's just that it was a good game. I don't know, but I loved the game for what it was, although I didn't really care for the space age or the "RTS" age. Cell, creature, and colony phases are all great though. ;)

Definitely worth trying it to see if you like it, despite what the ogre says. =P Although I do agree that it failed to accomplish what it set out to. It's basically a bunch of games all combined in one, each shorter due to the fact that it's only one game. Great idea, not so great implementation.

EDIT: Oh, also. DO NOT bother with the DLC for it, Galactic Civilizations. It's basically a workshop for the game, where users submit their own content (mini-games) and you can play said games. None of them were even worth looking at. It also adds more to the space age, which is already painful enough to get through, so be sure to pass that up if you do decide to get the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back