Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Severose']Actually, SPORE was VERY enjoyable to me. Maybe it's my unusual desire to find what's good in a game, or maybe it's just that it was a good game. I don't know, but I loved the game for what it was, although I didn't really care for the space age or the "RTS" age. Cell, creature, and colony phases are all great though. ;)

Definitely worth trying it to see if you like it, despite what the ogre says. =P Although I do agree that it failed to accomplish what it set out to. It's basically a bunch of games all combined in one, each shorter due to the fact that it's only one game. Great idea, not so great implementation.

EDIT: Oh, also. DO NOT bother with the DLC for it, Galactic Civilizations. It's basically a workshop for the game, where users submit their own content (mini-games) and you can play said games. None of them were even worth looking at. It also adds more to the space age, which is already painful enough to get through, so be sure to pass that up if you do decide to get the game.[/QUOTE]

See, I'm going to disagree entirely. While I enjoyed the first four ages well enough, they were interesting in their own way, I thought the RTS/space part was fantastic. It wasn't really complicated or 4X, but it was deep enough to have lots to do, and the alien races attitudes were amusing, and finding all the secrets and all the relics and figuring out what was going on in the center of the galaxy was entertaining.

Yes. Spore and its expansion are both worth it.

Now, Darkspore on the other hand...that game is absolute shit.

[quote name='Dalrint']See, I'm going to disagree entirely. While I enjoyed the first four ages well enough, they were interesting in their own way, I thought the RTS/space part was fantastic. It wasn't really complicated or 4X, but it was deep enough to have lots to do, and the alien races attitudes were amusing, and finding all the secrets and all the relics and figuring out what was going on in the center of the galaxy was entertaining.

Yes. Spore and its expansion are both worth it.

Now, Darkspore on the other hand...that game is absolute shit.[/QUOTE]
I couldnt agree more on both games ^.

About the Spore pack, beware as the main game doesn't seem to activate on Origin. I keep having my key rejected by the platform. Sent an email to Origin, let's see what they do :(
Been having a problem with King's Crusade too and activating it on Steam (says Steam DRM on the game description, but was answered by Amazon feedback that the game is not Steam, which left me a bit confused and I sent another message to support signaling it says Steam on the description).

Update:
On Spore, I got a reply that it's not Steam. I've answered them back saying I already know this, and that what I need is a code for Origin as the one I got is not working.
About King's Crusade, it was my fault. I didn't see when you purchased it you could get the Download version or the Steam one. I just saw it said Steam DRM on the top and assumed the version I got was like so many others, where you can download it or just activate on Steam, whatever you chose. Obviously I was wrong so I'm stuck with the Download only version.

Update 2:
Been offered a refund on King's Crusade so I can purchase the Steam version. This is really great as, as I have already written, it was my fault after all purchasing the wrong version.

Did anyone happen do grab the total war pack for steam? If you have an extra I'd love to buy it.... I missed out so hard and intended to buy it... specifically for the shogun 2 and expansions

[quote name='force83x']Did anyone happen do grab the total war pack for steam? If you have an extra I'd love to buy it.... I missed out so hard and intended to buy it... specifically for the shogun 2 and expansions[/QUOTE]
Check GMG, there is an offer for Total War series. Don't forget to apply %30 off discount key before buying.

Thanks tony, you killed my life

qYN3I.jpg

:D

[quote name='force83x']Did anyone happen do grab the total war pack for steam? If you have an extra I'd love to buy it.... I missed out so hard and intended to buy it... specifically for the shogun 2 and expansions[/QUOTE]

wait with me for the amazon sale...

edit.
WAIT, if you apply the 30% code every time you get
11.9 shogun
9.513 fall
7.133 napo
7.133 empire
4.753 medieval
3.087 rome

43.519$ for everything.

Been playing about an hour of spec ops: the line yesterday (from the 2k amazon bundle)

The game is intense... Solid gameplay (been playing with a gamepad), GREAT history (so far), awesome voice acting, fantastic background... I really like the game, can't stop playing it!

[quote name='juanjava']Been playing about an hour of spec ops: the line yesterday (from the 2k amazon bundle)

The game is intense... Solid gameplay (been playing with a gamepad), GREAT history (so far), awesome voice acting, fantastic background... I really like the game, can't stop playing it![/QUOTE]

It's a great game with a great story, but It's not that long...

[quote name='Stonekeep']It's a great game with a great story, but It's not that long...[/QUOTE]
i prefer quality over quantity and spec ops is a great great game

[quote name='Stonekeep']It's a great game with a great story, but It's not that long...[/QUOTE]

I think 8 hours is long enough for me, being an fps action game. I have so little time to play, if it's longer I won't finish it because I'll get tired too soon. That's why I wait for the right price. I loved Darkness 2 on the same way

If it's another genre, rpg, rts... Is another history. Or some good open action games (like batman), because I have more "will" to play those on long terms, maybe because I like them most :)

One game I almost didn't finish was bioshock. It's an AWESOME game, one of the best I ever played... But is a bit too long. I didn't played BS2 because of that... I got enough of it for that time. Maybe next year...

How come Amazon don't have Two Worlds 2 for download when they have TW1? I have always been dying for a really good deal on that game for some reason

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']i prefer quality over quantity and spec ops is a great great game[/QUOTE]

You're right, especially when it's this cheap.
Enjoy.

[quote name='Stonekeep']Thanks tony, you killed my life

qYN3I.jpg

wait with me for the amazon sale...

edit.
WAIT, if you apply the 30% code every time you get
11.9 shogun
9.513 fall
7.133 napo
7.133 empire
4.753 medieval
3.087 rome

43.519$ for everything.[/QUOTE]

Tony, any chance for Supreme Shogun 2 sale from Amazon? Pretty close to my target of 14.99 with shogun and fall at 21.40 at GMG.

Bah. That's a great deal on God's & Kings, and exactly the price I wanted for it. Sadly, I have no coupon. Any chance we'll see it in the editors choice in January for the same price?

Damn I was so close to getting the 2k strategy bundle for $15, now just Gods and kings for $5, I'm not sure what I want !! (First world problems!)

[quote name='Khamous']Damn I was so close to getting the 2k strategy bundle for $15, now just Gods and kings for $5, I'm not sure what I want !! (First world problems!)[/QUOTE]

2k strategy + Korea dlc.
Complete pack.

[quote name='Drakey']Looks like GMG is gonna beat Amazon on Civ 5 God & Kings

Tony magic needed[/QUOTE]

Tony, you should give coupon owners a $9.99 deal and non-coupon holders who already used theirs a lower price that's not quite as low as the after-coupon price!

Y'know, to be competitive. Honestly. I say this not for myself, not for selfishness. Oh no. Never. I say this for your business's sake. I think only of Amazon and of 2k as I type this. And I think of all those innocent civ's that I want to bring religion to.

AND think of those poor, lost godless digital souls. All of them dying after I sent them to war and going... nowhere. Into the black pit of the atheist's nowhere. Don't you feel just a little bad for those digital souls? Don't you want to rescue them and let them soar on wings of awesomeness into heaven or paradise or maybe even the Alesian Fields? Or whereever Tom Cruise thinks he's going?

Think of the starving children I let die as I worried not for food or trade routes for the majority of my cities as I waged unending war on my neighbors? Do you want the little digital tykes to go hungry and not wind up in digital nirvana? Of course not.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Tony, you should give coupon owners a $9.99 deal and non-coupon holders who already used theirs a lower price that's not quite as low as the after-coupon price!

Y'know, to be competitive. Honestly. I say this not for myself, not for selfishness. Oh no. Never. I say this for your business's sake. I think only of Amazon and of 2k as I type this. And I think of all those innocent civ's that I want to bring religion to.

AND think of those poor, lost godless digital souls. All of them dying after I sent them to war and going... nowhere. Into the black pit of the atheist's nowhere. Don't you feel just a little bad for those digital souls? Don't you want to rescue them and let them soar on wings of awesomeness into heaven or paradise or maybe even the Alesian Fields? Or whereever Tom Cruise thinks he's going?

Think of the starving children I let die as I worried not for food or trade routes for the majority of my cities as I waged unending war on my neighbors? Do you want the little digital tykes to go hungry and not wind up in digital nirvana? Of course not.[/QUOTE]

Tony, even if you don't follow this mans plan I'd ask that you please grant him a free copy of Gods and Kings just for his fantastic post.

Thanks Tony.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']AND think of those poor, lost godless digital souls. All of them dying after I sent them to war and going... nowhere. Into the black pit of the atheist's nowhere. Don't you feel just a little bad for those digital souls? Don't you want to rescue them and let them soar on wings of awesomeness into heaven or paradise or maybe even the Alesian Fields? Or whereever Tom Cruise thinks he's going?[/QUOTE]
Without religion, there's no Christmas. Why do you hate Christmas, Tony? :cry:

Dilemma: Wait for January for X-Com it will probably be $20 after the code using an Amazon gift card or get it now on GMG for $17.50 with real money?

Tony, since you wanted some 2K feedback here you go:

I was able to find a trading buddy for the Desert to the Sea packs since I already own Bioshock. After 2K's $5 coupon for repeat customers, we were able to get a super deal! Two of the finest FPS games of this generation for $1.50 each and a 2012 game that won Best PC Story for two bucks? Hell ya! That's cheaper than if we would have rented all three games for one night at Redbox!

P.S. Never mind about that Max Payne 3 + Spec Ops bundle suggestion. That was a terrible idea to combine two depressing games in the same bundle (I read someone joked it should be the "Depressing Bundle" - haha). I don't know what I was thinking. Better to combine Max Payne 3 with GTA IV Complete for $10, preferably early in January, and call it the Bullet Time and Mayhem 2K Bundle. :bouncy:

[quote name='nategator']P.S. Never mind about that Max Payne 3 + Spec Ops bundle suggestion. That was a terrible idea to combine two depressing games in the same bundle (I read someone joked it should be the "Depressing Bundle" - haha). I don't know what I was thinking.[/QUOTE]
You were thinking clearly. GTA IV on the other hand... pretty murky.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']Civilization V GOTY is showing up as $12.50, I thought it was going to be $10 today. I hope the price flips soon I want to use my 2K coupon on it[/QUOTE]
Standard Civ V is $9.99 -- There's no flip; those are the prices.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Standard Civ V is $9.99 -- There's no flip; those are the prices.[/QUOTE]

that's disappointing I thought we were getting GOTY for $10, might as well get the 2K strategy pack, with the coupon I can get it for $15 and it comes with Gods & Kings dlc

[quote name='AgentW']I was looking through the Civ sale, and from what I can tell there is no steam only version of this Civ V and IV pack?[/QUOTE]

I wish there was a steam only version too, would buy it in a heartbeat

I can't decide.

GOTY Upgrade (Steam): $5
Korea DLC: $1.25
Gods and Kings (GMG tomorrow): $3.15
--
Total to upgrade from Civ5 to Civ5 complete: $9.40

OR

2K Strategy Pack
$15 AC
Korea: $1.25
Cost: +$6.85
Extras over Civ5 complete:
+$5 EC coupon
+Stronghold Collection
+Civ4 Colonization (only one I do not have for Civ4)

I guess what it comes down to, is the Stronghold Collection + Colonization worth the extra $7?

[quote name='xRidley']

2K Strategy Pack
$15 AC
Korea: $1.25
Cost: +$6.85
Extras over Civ5 complete:
+$5 EC coupon
+Stronghold Collection
+Civ4 Colonization (only one I do not have for Civ4)

I guess what it comes down to, is the Stronghold Collection + Colonization worth the extra $7?[/QUOTE]

yeah, that's exactly what I bought. Go for it. It's a better deal, and if you really don't want the Stronghold collection (1 key only) you can always trade it or sell it later. But the 2k strategy + korea is a better deal.[quote name='Genocidal']Don't forget the Ancient World pack, which can be comboed with Korea for an extra 62 cents and is the other piece of DLC not included in GOTY: http://www.amazon.com/Civilization-Korea-Ancient-World-Online/dp/B005HEA2FC/[/QUOTE]
Exactly.

Great deals Tony! I see there will be some Ubisoft games on sale next week (Settlers 7, Tom Clancy games, etc) - any chance of Anno 2070 joining them?

[quote name='LazyTriangle']that's disappointing I thought we were getting GOTY for $10, might as well get the 2K strategy pack, with the coupon I can get it for $15 and it comes with Gods & Kings dlc[/QUOTE]

Yup. Tony has mentioned quite a few times that the super strat pack is the best deal

Ugh, choices. Gods and Kings or the Desert to Sea bundle (where I would likely give away Bioshock 2, since I have it on Steam already). Pretty sure if I wanted to get all the DLC to make my Civ5 "complete" I'd be looking at a couple extra dollars.

Although have my EC coupon though from XCOM, however... ugh.

Would I be correct in assuming that Mass Effect 3 not having been price-matched to $11.99 due to a "Potential January conflict" means that it'll be on sale for the same price or lower in January? Haven't bought any digital games on Amazon, and wondering if I should for the $5 credit towards ME3...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back