Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
ME3 Deluxe will be mine. Possibly TSW too (depends if Steam puts it on sale, I have a lot of credit from gift cards to use there so no offense :D )

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Update, these will be on sale in January AND added to the Editor's Choice List:

1/1-1/5:
Mass Effect 3 - 14.99
Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Version - 19.99

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I'm excited to hear about ME3 -- thanks, Tony!

My question to the board is whether it's worth it to pay an extra $5 to get the deluxe version. It seems like you get a bunch of artwork, which is cool, but is the in-game content worth the extra money?

[quote name='sunghost']ME3 won't be lower than $15? That'd make it $10 after promo credit which is kind of weak IMO since gamefly had it for $8 recently.[/QUOTE]

True, but being able to use an Amazon gift card more than makes up for the dollar or two of difference in my situation. :)

I'm sure most people don't care and some were quite hostile but I just wanted to share a quick positive note about Amazon.

Earlier in the week i had a problem with a game credit not working where I was instead charged for a game. I complained and the service rep gave me a refund but I also left additional feedback about how it's sometimes hard to tell what you are paying with at checkout (gift cards versus credits).

Well I just bought something from Amazon and was greeted by a more thorough check out process where I was now given explicit choices as to what I would pay with.

I am not sure if this is a general change across Amazon or if I just got put into a pile of slow customers and am thus seeing something most people don't but either way I am happy to see that my feedback was listened to and acted upon.

So sorry if this is OT but I thought it's only fair that I give positive feedback as well after complaining earlier in the week.

I have this $5 2K Holiday coupon that I don't really need, I have pretty much everything from 2k that I want. I don't want to see it go to waste. If anyone wants something let me know, will take $5 Amazon gift card and send you the keys

wait bf3 premium edition is going to be 25 after the coupon? hmm i remember myself pming tony and asking if it was going any lower and he said it will stay around 29.99 after the coupon in january..i couldve saved couple bucks, i should just trust my own instincts next time.,,lol

[quote name='MC Kage']I thought the $5 2K promo was only eligible on 12/26...didn't know it was 'til 12/31. Damn.[/QUOTE]

That is what I thought too, then I just checked the page and it is good til 12/31, lol :)

Does Amalur require Origin for DRM, or is Origin just acting as a downloader/installer for it?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']You just got every 2K game on Steam[/QUOTE]
:hot:

[quote name='Fluxy']wait bf3 premium edition is going to be 25 after the coupon? hmm i remember myself pming tony and asking if it was going any lower and he said it will stay around 29.99 after the coupon in january..i couldve saved couple bucks, i should just trust my own instincts next time.,,lol[/QUOTE]
I feel the same :/

[quote name='forthenguyen']35.99-5=25?

I wish the 2K Strategy pack would go on the EC list :D[/QUOTE]

Whoops. I need sleep. I was looking at one of the other games.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Fluxy']wait bf3 premium edition is going to be 25 after the coupon? hmm i remember myself pming tony and asking if it was going any lower and he said it will stay around 29.99 after the coupon in january..i couldve saved couple bucks, i should just trust my own instincts next time.,,lol[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Shing0']I feel the same :/[/QUOTE]

This was a typo on my part, BF3 Premium will be $35.99 or $29.99

[quote name='BernardoOne']Lets all pray to Tony so he puts Hitman Absolution in the EC list and we can get it for 15$ on January? :D[/QUOTE]

See above for reasons why you're the only one praying this happens.

Cheers,
Tony

Tony,

I've referenced this before but sort of realized it wasn't possible: since Stronghold Collection and Stronghold 3 have two different publishers they could never end up in an Amazon bundle together, right? Anyhoo... Summer Sale: XCOM + Civ 5 + Stronghold Collection pack!

[quote name='Detruire']Does Amalur require Origin for DRM, or is Origin just acting as a downloader/installer for it?

:hot:[/QUOTE]

Amazon DVG's version FLAT-OUT REQUIRES Origin at ALL TIMES to run in the background, like it or not.
Offline mode and/or online mode.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Update, these will be on sale in January AND added to the Editor's Choice List:

1/1-1/2:

The Secret World
- $17.99

1/1-1/5:

Mass Effect Trilogy - 29.99
Kingdoms of Amalur Complete Bundle - 14.99
Medal of Honor: Warfighter - 26.99
Mass Effect 3 - 14.99
Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Version - 19.99
Battlefield 3: Premium Edition - 35.99
Need for Speed Most Wanted - Standard Edition - 29.99
FIFA Soccer 13 - 19.99
FIFA Manager 13 - 19.99
Command and Conquer The Ultimate Collection - 29.99

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Those prices are BEFORE the EC $5 coupons, correct?

[quote name='Mooby']Tony,

I've referenced this before but sort of realized it wasn't possible: since Stronghold Collection and Stronghold 3 have two different publishers they could never end up in an Amazon bundle together, right? Anyhoo... Summer Sale: XCOM + Civ 5 + Stronghold Collection pack![/QUOTE]

That is the universe's way of saving you from buying Stronghold 3.

I usually don't like to crap all over games that other people want and figure every game has some merit to somebody but Stronghold 3 is one of the rare games that I can say is unabashedly terrible, and not even in a so bad it's kind of funny (for 5 minutes) Bad Rats way either.

The older games are great but the new one doesn't even deserve the name Stronghold as far as I'm concerned.

Of course my opinion is worth about as much as any other random guy's on the internet, which is not a damned thing. :cool:

[quote name='sirius389']That is what I thought too, then I just checked the page and it is good til 12/31, lol :)[/QUOTE]

Me too, woulda passed on all the Civ stuff anyways.

[quote name='MC Kage']Idiotekque will want us all to get TSW...[/QUOTE]

If only I see that TSW $5 deal on GMG again (or by anyone else)...
...and/or TSW gets an OFFLINE MODE added.

[quote name='MysterD']If only I see that TSW $5 deal on GMG again...
...or TSW gets an OFFLINE MODE added.[/QUOTE]

It was $5 on GMG?...well shit I'm gonna have to wait for that then.

[quote name='MC Kage']It was $5 on GMG?...well shit I'm gonna have to wait for that then.[/QUOTE]

Might not even happen again -- that price was when it was a subscription based game.

[quote name='Achilles295']Hitman: Absolution will be going for $19.99? Sold.
[/QUOTE]

Yep, assuming it's on the editor's choice list, an obvious pickup for me.

[quote name='MysterD']If only I see that TSW $5 deal on GMG again...
...or TSW gets an OFFLINE MODE added.[/QUOTE]

I might get it if they have a demo. Never bought an MMO without playing a trial before, won't start now. Same thing that stopped me from getting Guild Wars 2 for $30. At that price not worth it without a demo first.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']This was a typo on my part, BF3 Premium will be $35.99 or $29.99

See above for reasons why you're the only one praying this happens.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

hahahaaha dont turn all gamergate on us now tony hahaha

[quote name='Mooby']Might not even happen again -- that price was when it was a subscription based game.[/QUOTE]

That is probably true, unfortunately...
...unless the game goes full-blown F2P eventually.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']It likely will not be on the EC list.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was going backwards in the thread and saw that a page or two ago. Hence why I deleted my post. ;)

[quote name='awestover89']I might get it if they have a demo. Never bought an MMO without playing a trial before, won't start now. Same thing that stopped me from getting Guild Wars 2 for $30. At that price not worth it without a demo first.[/QUOTE]

I was in GW2 Beta (no NDA's) and back then that was GREAT.
I'm not big on MMO's namely b/c of that tethered "always online" part.

Crap @ me at work and missing all these damn 2K giveaways, hehe.
Though, I do own a bunch of 2K games already, on Steam and outside of Steam.

EDIT:
I'd

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MysterD']That is probably true, unfortunately...
...unless the game goes full-blown F2P eventually.[/QUOTE]

Damn good point Mooby.

Why does Amazon's product page for TSW says subscription required, but Steam's page says subscription no longer required?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']This was a typo on my part, BF3 Premium will be $35.99 or $29.99[/QUOTE]

I think it would be $30.99? You should rest. :bouncy:

Just wanted to chime in and say thanks again for the earlier LEGO Lord of the Rings deal. I spent the last two hours playing it and having a wonderful time. I haven't sat down to play a LEGO game in some time for any great length, so it was a delight to find some new things they added for this version. Small quests, waypoints you can set, character inventories, etc.

I'm going to have to run LEGO Batman 2 now (which I also bought from Amazon). :)

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Just wanted to chime in and say thanks again for the earlier LEGO Lord of the Rings deal. I spent the last two hours playing it and having a wonderful time. I haven't sat down to play a LEGO game in some time for any great length, so it was a delight to find some new things they added for this version. Small quests, waypoints you can set, character inventories, etc.

I'm going to have to run LEGO Batman 2 now (which I also bought from Amazon). :)[/QUOTE]

Have you tried it with a 360 controller? For some reason when I plug in my 360 controller it registers as two players no matter what, and I can't get it for 1 player only with the controller. There's no option to dropout with the keyboard.

[quote name='lnknprk']
Darksiders
P64HV-CXDLA-GDZLV

Alan Wake: Collector's Edition
YE3QM-3L70H-ZM082
[/QUOTE]

Missed Alan Wake: Collector's Edition, thanks for the oportunity though!

[quote name='lnknprk']
Darksiders
P64HV-CXDLA-GDZLV

Alan Wake: Collector's Edition
YE3QM-3L70H-ZM082
[/QUOTE]

Grabbed Darksiders... Thanks Inknprk!

Hey Tony, I noticed that FTL: Faster Than Light, isn't on Amazon digital, but it is available to buy through Amazon payments through the developers website.

I have two questions about this:

1. If he's using Amazon payments, is there a reason why it just isn't on Amazon digital yet?

2. Can I use gift card credit to buy the game through Amazon payments? I can't seem to get through processing for some reason even though it works fine when I buy Humble Bundles with Amazon payments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back