Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BernardoOne']It does redeem on steam :D[/QUOTE]

You're right. I just checked again and noticed Steam is mentioned further down in the page and not at the top. I swear sometimes I feel like Amazon puts that in a different spot on every game page. :p

[quote name='realwords']Hey Tony,

Any chance of the Secret World going on sale again? I want to buy it but it's not on sale.[/QUOTE]

It's on sale on the 1st. 17.99. Editor's choice coupons will work.

[quote name='Corpekata']It's on sale on the 1st. 17.99. Editor's choice coupons will work.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

I should REALLY get one of those Editor's Choice coupons. :(

Does anyone have any spares? It'd be much appreciated. I have a DOTA 2 invite I'd be willing to give in return.

[quote name='Motoki']You're right. I just checked again and noticed Steam is mentioned further down in the page and not at the top. I swear sometimes I feel like Amazon puts that in a different spot on every game page. :p[/QUOTE]

True, I took a while to spot it on this one actually :p.
Some say it on top, some on the bottom, some on the requirements box....

[quote name='realwords']Thanks.

I should REALLY get one of those Editor's Choice coupons. :(

Does anyone have any spares? It'd be much appreciated. I have a DOTA 2 invite I'd be willing to give in return.[/QUOTE]

We don't actually have coupons, though; they're in the form of credits that are tied to our accounts. There's no code to actually trade.

The only thing you can really do is track down someone with an extra EC credit and ask them to buy whatever you're looking for and then trade the key to you.

Season of Mystery: The Cherry Blossom Murders Amazon reviews:

Requires some program called Steam. This sucks!!! 1 star!!

Beautiful scenes and music, moderately challenging puzzles, fun to play.

Requires a some program called Steam. This sucks!!! 1 star!!

[quote name='realwords']I should REALLY get one of those Editor's Choice coupons. :( [/QUOTE]
You could always get some 49¢ Darksiders II DLC and at least have a $4.51 coupon :D

Amazon said there'd be a Mass Effect Trilogy download deal today. It's the exact same price it has been the entire sale. Anyone seeing anything I'm not?

[quote name='Syntax Error']You could always get some 49¢ Darksiders II DLC and at least have a $4.51 coupon :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Got it now.

If anyone wants my Darksiders 2: Mortis DLC, let me know.

[quote name='mcmahamg']Amazon said there'd be a Mass Effect Trilogy download deal today. It's the exact same price it has been the entire sale. Anyone seeing anything I'm not?[/QUOTE]

First post says $29.99 12/23-12/29. Not sure what you're looking for beyond this unless Tony said there would be a double sale.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']First post says $29.99 12/23-12/29. Not sure what you're looking for beyond this unless Tony said there would be a double sale.[/QUOTE]

I gotta admit, I didn't read that post :( I'm just going by Amazon saying there'd be a deal today on it. It said it on the little side menu thing they have showcasing the upcoming deals.

[quote name='mcmahamg']I gotta admit, I didn't read that post :( I'm just going by Amazon saying there'd be a deal today on it. It said it on the little side menu thing they have showcasing the upcoming deals.[/QUOTE]

yeah that side menu thing has been bs so far

[quote name='BrolyB593']For those of you who can't get it, I have had a giftable copy of Civ V in my Steam inventory that I would gladly get rid of for super cheap.[/QUOTE]

How cheap are we talking? :bouncy:

Thanks, Tony. I've picked up the Tantalizing THQ Medley ($7.50), Darksiders II ($8.19), Spec Ops ($4.99), and will probably get the 2K Shooter Bundle ($4.99). I'm one of the rare souls who has played none of these games, so I'm as happy as can be. I can't lie though; I've only been playing The Binding of Isaac from HIB 7. :lol:

Edit: I wanted to let you know that I did get a $5 editor's choice coupon (and the other two promos) from when I used my THQ coupon. It happened three days after the the purchase.

[quote name='Motoki']Season of Mystery: The Cherry Blossom Murders Amazon reviews:

Requires a some program called Steam. This sucks!!! 1 star!![/QUOTE]
here's one of those gems
This review is from: Season of Mystery: The Cherry Blossom Murders [Download] (Software Download)
I paid for this, began what I thought would be a straightforward download, and got a message that I had to install a program called Steam in order to complete the download. This required a whole new registration at an unfamiliar website, which gave instructions to click on one of two (depending on which "support" menu you read) links to "activate a new program." NEITHER LINK APPEARS ANYWHERE ON THE SCREEN OR ON ANY OF THE DROPDOWN MENUS!
So I link to the Steam support function, and come to find that "Support" is an entirely separate website that you have to register for all over again! Outrageous BS! You're left having paid for the game and with no way of downloading it. Thanks Amazon or Steam or whoever it is who is ripping me off. Well that was a totally bogus waste of time and money!

Should I pick up Spec Ops or Darkness 2 with my 2k coupon?

Tony -

I'm loving Amazon's sales so far. With the exception of one dirt cheap piece of DLC, every game I've bought during the Black Friday and Christmas sales has come from Amazon, and I expect that will probably continue as all the Editor's Choice coupons I've accumulated become active. Great work! :)

Do you (or anyone else) know if the $2.50ish deal you had on Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes a couple weeks ago is likely to be coming back any time soon? I meant to buy it but forgot, and by the time I checked again it had gone back up.

[quote name='sunasun']
Should I pick up Spec Ops or Darkness 2 with my 2k coupon?[/QUOTE]
That's a tough one - b/c both are awesome.

If you want a short (like 7-hours or so), but great SP campaign b/c of its story, choices, and character development -- go w/ Spec Ops: The Line.
Gameplay-wise, it's a good 3rd-person cover-style shooter - but it's the other stuff (that I mentioned above) that stands out majorly; especially when you compare it to other military shooters.

If you want a game w/ awesome shooting mechanics, the cool-as-can be quad-weildling, twisted story, cool cel-shaded graphics and lots of gore/violence -- take Darkness 2. This IS how I think FEAR 3 should've turned out, if you ask me.

[quote name='Motoki']Season of Mystery: The Cherry Blossom Murders Amazon reviews:

Requires a some program called Steam. This sucks!!! 1 star!![/QUOTE]

[quote name='sunasun']here's one of those gems
This review is from: Season of Mystery: The Cherry Blossom Murders [Download] (Software Download)
I paid for this, began what I thought would be a straightforward download, and got a message that I had to install a program called Steam in order to complete the download. This required a whole new registration at an unfamiliar website, which gave instructions to click on one of two (depending on which "support" menu you read) links to "activate a new program." NEITHER LINK APPEARS ANYWHERE ON THE SCREEN OR ON ANY OF THE DROPDOWN MENUS!
So I link to the Steam support function, and come to find that "Support" is an entirely separate website that you have to register for all over again! Outrageous BS! You're left having paid for the game and with no way of downloading it. Thanks Amazon or Steam or whoever it is who is ripping me off. Well that was a totally bogus waste of time and money!
[/quote]

double_facepalm.jpg

EDIT:
BTW, double face-palm is aimed at those pathetic reviews, BTW.
I can understand people not liking Steam (b/c it's DRM), but Steam's VERY functional and has A LOT of benefits - for both those who know what they're doing and even those who don't.
If people want to knock DRM, they need to knock the "always online" bullcrap some other games have (MMO's; Diablo 3; what UbiSoft once did w/ AC2 and SC: Conviction before the complaints caused them to lighten up).

Even when I hated Steam (i.e. back when it first came out, before it got much improved), I still thought back then HL2 was fantastic game.

[quote name='sunasun']Should I pick up Spec Ops or Darkness 2 with my 2k coupon?[/QUOTE]

both are great
great stories
about the same length (spec ops may be a little longer-don't remember for sure)
I would say spec ops has a better story and darkness 2 has better gameplay
(but that doesn't take into account the tps versus fps factor - personally i like tps better so to me they were about equal on gameplay)
and spec ops has a better story

its a personal preference thing
i liked spec ops better

Tony, i repeat this: Any chance of having a sale on Alan Wake's games?

PS: If you add TSW to the EC list, and we're able to get it for 10$ or less (with a coupon) I'll buy it in a heartbeat, and some of my friends too!

Of course the wife informs me she wants the Civil V Gods & Kings DLC this morning after I already used my 2K coupon. Thanks for still having it somewhat on sale Tony. I can't tell you how far you've helped me stretch my gaming dollar this year.

[quote name='mink-e']Of course the wife informs me she wants the Civil V Gods & Kings DLC this morning after I already used my 2K coupon. Thanks for still having it somewhat on sale Tony. I can't tell you how far you've helped me stretch my gaming dollar this year.[/QUOTE]

Gods & Kings is expected to be $3.15 soon on GMG with their 30% off code.

[quote name='yaynick']Gods & Kings is expected to be $3.15 soon on GMG with their 30% off code.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a ton! Obviously I need to watch more threads around here. My first choice for buying games has been well earned by Tony and crew, but that's just too good a deal to pass up.

[quote name='Evrad']Tony, i repeat this: Any chance of having a sale on Alan Wake's games?

PS: If you add TSW to the EC list, and we're able to get it for 10$ or less (with a coupon) I'll buy it in a heartbeat, and some of my friends too![/QUOTE]

TSW should be 12.99 after coupon soon. I remember it being mentioned somewhere in the thread.

[quote name='lulzorcito']Anyone knows if this pack is coming back on offer during January? It shows in the 2012 Editor's Choice list[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
There is Absolutely 0 chance of that happening.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
^

edit: yeah that

[quote name='lulzorcito']Anyone knows if this pack is coming back on offer during January? It shows in the 2012 Editor's Choice list[/QUOTE]

Yeah it does. Which is odd and disappointing.

Tony, just out of curiosity, is there some reason the 2K Shooter Pack has DNF in the picture instead of Borderlands GOTY? I'd imagine that you'd get a bit more interest if Borderlands were displayed prominently.

[quote name='dfg']Yeah it does. Which is odd and disappointing.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty happy about it. :applause: The more people happy, the better, right?

Edit: Also, why be disappointed? The last time it was on sale, editor's choice hadn't even been mentioned. Why be disappointed when a deal is made accessible to more people? The price of the bundle isn't even known yet, so it could be worse anyway.

[quote name='Lemstar']Tony, just out of curiosity, is there some reason the 2K Shooter Pack has DNF in the picture instead of Borderlands GOTY? I'd imagine that you'd get a bit more interest if Borderlands were displayed prominently.[/QUOTE]

I didn't even realize that it had Borderlands GOTY and avoided even clicking on it when it shows The Duke. A little late now but it really does need changed since featuring Duke Nukem front and center honestly does turn a lot of people off if they already own Bioshock 1/2.

[quote name='realwords']I have a DOTA 2 invite I'd be willing to give in return.[/QUOTE]

Whenever I see DOTA I always think 童貞[doutei] (virgin boy).

Requires a some program called Steam. This sucks!!! 1 star!!
[/QUOTE]

As sad as it is, I find the raging steam hate on Amazon reviews useful for pointing out untagged steam titles.

[quote name='mink-e']Thanks a ton! Obviously I need to watch more threads around here. My first choice for buying games has been well earned by Tony and crew, but that's just too good a deal to pass up.[/QUOTE]

The most useful PC threads are in my sig (barring the steam thread).

[quote name='Lemstar']Tony, just out of curiosity, is there some reason the 2K Shooter Pack has DNF in the picture instead of Borderlands GOTY? I'd imagine that you'd get a bit more interest if Borderlands were displayed prominently.[/QUOTE]

I've talked with several people who did not even know Borderlands was included because it isn't in the picture.

Apologies if this is old news, but someone was asking Tony about it:

Amazon has now PMed Sonic Adventure 2 Battlemode DLC to Steam's price of $1.49.

Now I just wish Amazon would PM Legendary: Steam's sale price is $1.24, it's still $1.99 on Amazon.

[quote name='yaynick']I'm pretty happy about it. :applause: The more people happy, the better, right?

Edit: Also, why be disappointed? The last time it was on sale, editor's choice hadn't even been mentioned. Why be disappointed when a deal is made accessible to more people? The price of the bundle isn't even known yet, so it could be worse anyway.[/QUOTE]

Disappointing because I assume it's a mistake, per Tony posting that it would not happen. Maybe he could clarify for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back