Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='oscargrouch']Just to make 100% sure, the Desert to the Sea Bundle all activate on Steam, right?[/QUOTE]

Yes they do and it is a steal at this price.

[quote name='oscargrouch']Just to make 100% sure, the Desert to the Sea Bundle all activate on Steam, right?[/QUOTE]
Right. Even more, you had to activate those keys on steam to get access to the games.

[quote name='Anjon']I don't know if anyone mentioned this previously, but the Hitman Triple Threat Pack seems like kind of a false deal. Before today, the bundle was $29.97, but each game individually was $2.99, which adds up to $8.97 if you wanted to buy all these games. Now the bundle is $8.99, but each game individually is listed as $9.99. I don't know if this was some kind of mistake and I wish I had capitalized on it if it was. Maybe after today it'll go back to the previous price?[/QUOTE]

Steam has it for 6.24 (and 2.49/game) for another 52 minutes in a flash deal...The pack wasn't a deal since the games, like you say was cheaper individually (assuming you needed all 3). This is where holding out for the 75% off was a good idea since the Amazon price was 66% off I think.

So I haven't received a 2K code, but the only 2K game I bought was the Civ 5 G&K expansion on 11/21. Is that game not eligible for the promotion for some reason? I would really like to pick up the shooter pack since I don't have any of those games. If anyone has an extra code, I would be grateful to use it :)

[quote name='omgoblins']So I haven't received a 2K code, but the only 2K game I bought was the Civ 5 G&K expansion on 11/21. Is that game not eligible for the promotion for some reason? I would really like to pick up the shooter pack since I don't have any of those games. If anyone has an extra code, I would be grateful to use it :)[/QUOTE]
You can't trade codes as there are no actual "codes"; it should be tied to your account. You can try PM'ing Tony with your G&K purchase details and it sounds as though he can activate it. Or try contacting Amazon's live chat support.

[quote name='Saraph']Same, the only thing I want is Darkness 2. If anyone wants Duke Nukem Forever and Borderlands lets make a deal. :)[/QUOTE]

Trade has been completed.

[quote name='faceless007']I don't know if anyone here is interested in point-and-click adventures, but just in case, here are some of the more interesting-looking ones I've found on sale for peanuts right now. I haven't played any of these so I make no claims as to their quality. Tony, if you could tell us when this sale is supposed to end and if these have any DRM that would be awesome.

Black Mirror II $1.99
Black Mirror III $1.99
Gray Matter $4.99
Alter Ego $1.99
Mystery Adventure Bundle (the above 4 games) $9.99
The Whispered World $1.99
Dark Fall: The Journal $1.99

Dark Fall: Lights Out $1.99
Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder $2.50
Mata Hari $1.99
Cursed Mountain $4.99
Sinking Island $1.99
Nibiru: Age of Secrets $1.99
Aura $1.99
Aura 2: The Sacred Rings $1.99
Sentinel: Descendants in Time $1.99
Postmortem $1.99
Syberia II $1.99

.[/QUOTE]

today I bought sentinel dont know what drm but requires activation via special amazon downloader-for a 2005 2$ game that sucks

whispered world- mata hari- gray matter- amazon offers drm free

alter ego black mirror games - dont know about the amazon version but standard installer comes with securom

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='yangwenli']Steam has it for 6.24 (and 2.49/game) for another 52 minutes in a flash deal...The pack wasn't a deal since the games, like you say was cheaper individually (assuming you needed all 3). This is where holding out for the 75% off was a good idea since the Amazon price was 66% off I think.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! I just managed to snag it literally within 1 minute of it ending.

Broke down and bought the 2k Strategy Super Pack with my 2k coupon. Never been one for strategy games since I suck so bad at command and conquer and starcraft. But I thought $15 was a great price to try it out. Now which game to start with...

Oh, and curse thank you Tony for making so many irresistible deals!

[quote name='Seth Oriath']Broke down and bought the 2k Strategy Super Pack with my 2k coupon. Never been one for strategy games since I suck so bad at command and conquer and starcraft. But I thought $15 was a great price to try it out. Now which game to start with...

Oh, and curse thank you Tony for making so many irresistible deals![/QUOTE]

These are different kinds of strategy games, though. Starcraft and C&C are in real-time and are just as much about speed and reflexes as strategy. The Civ games are turn-based -- you can take your time, do some research in the glossary/help files/manual if you need to, etc.

I'd recommend trying Civ 5 first. It's the newest one, but it's also the most user-friendly. Civ 4 is an excellent game (many Civ players actually like it better than 5), but the tutorial system in Civ 5 really does hold your hand and lower the learning curve some, at least at first.

Jumped on TWD, not really a great deal at 50% off but oh well looking forward to playing it. If anyone else has a $5 2K coupon left over, would appreciate getting a WTF Pack, or splitting it for Darkness II.

[quote name='Stonekeep']I'm gonna wait another hour, if there's nothing better on gmg I'm gonna buy this too.[/QUOTE]

Order of War is now $2.48 on GG. Save .51, or get the $5 EC coupon from the Amazon purchase. Hmmm....

[quote name='faceless007']I don't know if anyone here is interested in point-and-click adventures, but just in case, here are some of the more interesting-looking ones I've found on sale for peanuts right now. I haven't played any of these so I make no claims as to their quality. Tony, if you could tell us when this sale is supposed to end and if these have any DRM that would be awesome.

Black Mirror II $1.99
Black Mirror III $1.99
Gray Matter $4.99
Alter Ego $1.99

Mata Hari $1.99
Cursed Mountain $4.99
Sinking Island $1.99
Aura $1.99
Postmortem $1.99
Syberia II $1.99

Plus a ton more $1.99 games if you look at the related links for any of these, although it looks like most of them are hidden-object. I tried to pick out most of the "real" adventures I saw.[/QUOTE]

I've bought Dark Fall and Syberia before, and I don't even play those types of games. But Syberia's supposed to be really good, so I bought it.

Additional PLUS: looking at a handful of games, they all give out $5 EC coupons. $2 for a game with a $5 coupon, I'm sold.

[quote name='tjs09']Can anyone who's played the Witcher 2 tell me if the UI looks any better than the first game's?[/QUOTE]

The games hardly play like each other at all. Yes, the UI is better in general because it is oriented toward a pretty different style of game, though it does have some at times annoying inventory stuff.

Does anyone have a link with the exact terms of the Amazon 2K publishers coupon promotion? I purchased a Civ5 DLC on the 24th hoping to get a coupon, but it never arrived. I was in an online chat with an Amazon rep yesterday for 30 minutes, but she kept misinterpreting my question, insisting that I had already received a $5 Editors Choice coupon for the transaction but it's correct that I can't use it because it isn't valid until January...

[quote name='Threepwood']Does anyone have a link with the exact terms of the Amazon 2K publishers coupon promotion? I purchased a Civ5 DLC on the 24th hoping to get a coupon, but it never arrived. I was in an online chat with an Amazon rep yesterday for 30 minutes, but she kept misinterpreting my question, insisting that I had already received a $5 Editors Choice coupon for the transaction but it's correct that I can't use it because it isn't valid until January...[/QUOTE]

initiate a phone call through that digital order. i believe it goes to a digital cs group of some sort who should be more familiar with the promotion.

[quote name='chibilaharl']TONY-sigh- i bought the 2k mega pack to use a 5$ off coupon, and bioshock 1, stronghold collection and civ IV didnt come with product keys and the Bioshock 2 code doesnt work in steam. You said all the games work with steam, besides civ rome[/QUOTE]

[quote name='chibilaharl']TONY, I bought the 2k mega pack cause you said it all activated on steam, but Bioshock 1, Civ IV, and the stronghold collection didn't come with activation codes, and Bioshock 2's code doesnt work at all. WTH man?

Anyone else have this issue with this bundle?[/QUOTE]

I think I answered this a couple of times. You bought the wrong version. Please contact CS, did you get sorted yet?

[quote name='Stonekeep']http://www.amazon.com/Order-War-Online-Game-Code/dp/B0081IONVK/
how's this?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Stonekeep']I'm gonna wait another hour, if there's nothing better on gmg I'm gonna buy this too.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tolyngee']Order of War is now $2.48 on GG. Save .51, or get the $5 EC coupon from the Amazon purchase. Hmmm....[/QUOTE]

Terrible. I never comment on games I think are bad. That one was really bad.

[quote name='omgoblins']So I haven't received a 2K code, but the only 2K game I bought was the Civ 5 G&K expansion on 11/21. Is that game not eligible for the promotion for some reason? I would really like to pick up the shooter pack since I don't have any of those games. If anyone has an extra code, I would be grateful to use it :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Threepwood']Does anyone have a link with the exact terms of the Amazon 2K publishers coupon promotion? I purchased a Civ5 DLC on the 24th hoping to get a coupon, but it never arrived. I was in an online chat with an Amazon rep yesterday for 30 minutes, but she kept misinterpreting my question, insisting that I had already received a $5 Editors Choice coupon for the transaction but it's correct that I can't use it because it isn't valid until January...[/QUOTE]

Please PM me your order IDs.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Corpekata']The games hardly play like each other at all. Yes, the UI is better in general because it is oriented toward a pretty different style of game, though it does have some at times annoying inventory stuff.[/QUOTE]

Personally I hated the Witcher 2 UI and think it's a busy ugly messy consolized piece of crap that makes the Skyrim UI look wonderful in comparison. That UI for me is by far the worst thing about the game.

Then again, I liked the first game's UI.

[quote name='BernardoOne']Well, they do have steam keys for AC3, maybe one day they will have it for FC3 too :p[/QUOTE]

Where on Amazon are they selling steam keys for ACIII?

Black Mirror II $1.99
Black Mirror III $1.99
Gray Matter $4.99
Alter Ego $1.99

Mata Hari $1.99
Cursed Mountain $4.99
Sinking Island $1.99
Aura $1.99
Postmortem $1.99
Syberia II $1.99

Plus a ton more $1.99 games if you look at the related links for any of these, although it looks like most of them are hidden-object. I tried to pick out most of the "real" adventures I saw.[/QUOTE]

Anyone considering the above games, the Viva Big Bundle of Games for $9.99 already includes:

Alter Ego (So save a buck and buy Black Mirror 2/3 and Gray Matter individually, don't buy Mystery Bundle)
Mata Hari

Other games in Bundle:

1. Airline Tycoon Deluxe [Download]
3. Angel Code [Download]
4. Cargo - The Quest for Gravity [Download]
5. Crazy Machines: New From The Lab [Download]
6. Grand Ages Rome [Download]
7. Helldorado [Download]
9. STORM Frontline Nation [Download]
10. Shadow Harvest: Phantom Ops [Download]

10 games for $9.99. Not a bad deal. Only negatives are maybe you're not interested at all in the other games in the Bundle, and one less EC coupon.

Well, just another option I thought I'd throw out there.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

Terrible. I never comment on games I think are bad. That one was really bad.

[/QUOTE]

No money for amazon, thanks amazon guy.
:D

(was it cheap because you hated it?)

[quote name='tjs09']Can anyone who's played the Witcher 2 tell me if the UI looks any better than the first game's?[/QUOTE]
witcher 2 ui is much better

[quote name='Tolyngee']Order of War is now $2.48 on GG. Save .51, or get the $5 EC coupon from the Amazon purchase. Hmmm....[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Terrible. I never comment on games I think are bad. That one was really bad.[/QUOTE]

Is it just bad... or is it broken?

Just wondering if you are hinting at asking for a refund (I haven't viewed the key)... Meh, I still got a $5 EC coupon out of it.

Also, any change Amazon will PM Legendary? It's $1.99 on Amazon, but $1.24 on Steam. I've been holding out waiting to see if they might just PM before it's too late to decide on Amazon or not and I get another EC.

[quote name='Stonekeep']No money for amazon, thanks amazon guy.
:D

(was it cheap because you hated it?)[/QUOTE]

No worries, I was so disappointed.

[quote name='Tolyngee']Is it just bad... or is it broken?

Just wondering if you are hinting at asking for a refund (I haven't viewed the key)... Meh, I still got a $5 EC coupon out of it.

Also, any change Amazon will PM Legendary? It's $1.99 on Amazon, but $1.24 on Steam. I've been holding out waiting to see if they might just PM before it's too late to decide on Amazon or not and I get another EC.[/QUOTE]

It isn't broken just bad...really bad.

I just kicked off the Legendary Pricematch. Give it a bit and it should be in place.

[quote name='Stonekeep']From what I've read I think that it's way too simple as an rts game .[/QUOTE]

Legos are more complicated.

Off to The Secret World!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='malbrax']Does anyone have their 2k coupon still available and willing to trade?[/QUOTE]

I still have my 2k coupon.

Too bad I'm no longer a student, Far Cry 3 for $27 would be in my price range, for sure. Looks like I'll wait until the next drop.

But Hitman for $20, very tempting. Will probably pick that up.

Still no coupon. PMed Tony, no reply.

[quote name='Endrju']Still haven't received my 2K coupon. I bought the Bioshock Pack on the 24th. Order number is: 102-8284467-9995469[/QUOTE]

sort of ot but those of you who are playing the secret world what faction are you playing? im planning on getting that when the coupons kick in.

wait so is there a steam code for far cry 3 on amazon?
and there should be a steam pricematch
and editor's choice before that sale is over?
so can I get a far cry 3 deluxe edition steam key for $40?
that would be pretty sweet

also are we going to get a compiled list of editor's choice game sales for january?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back