Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jester55']That's pretty funny!
Actually, it is Danny Kaye from the 1956 movie - The Court Jester.
Call me weird, but I really enjoyed watching replays of his movies when I was growing up. How many of you guys have actually seen one of his movies?

What can I say - I am probably one of the older gamers on CAG... :)[/QUOTE]

Danny Kaye does bear a striking resemblance to Eddie Haskell...

I'm very familiar with Leave it to Beaver, so I'm not that young myself...

[quote name='arsenhazzard']Most US credit cards charge a 3% (or thereabouts) transaction fee for international transactions. GMG is considered a UK site for billing purposes.[/QUOTE]

Pay via Paypal through your checking acct or PP balance and you avoid these fees.

[quote name='Lemstar']Wasn't Mechromancer $3.50 at GMG the other day too?[/QUOTE]

Yes, and the BL2 Season Pass was around $10, and Alpha Protocl today was like $3.50. They're really bringing it this week.

[quote name='espy605']Yes, and the BL2 Season Pass was around $10, and Alpha Protocl today was like $3.50. They're really bringing it this week.[/QUOTE]

Borderlands 2 itself was only $21. Has anyone beaten that yet?

[quote name='jester55']I like your thinking, but what are the chances of the very first discount for NBA2K13 on steam being 66% off and starting tomorrow?
Don't most steam discounts start at 25%-50% off the first time they are discounted?[/QUOTE]

Since 2K hasn't had any of theirs sports games as a daily at all yet, I doubt it...
....but, we never know w/ Valve and 3rd party publishers (like THQ) during these sales.

Sometimes, they troll the hell out of us (see the crazy Dawn of War: Franchise + SR:TT Franchise Pack/Full Package sales) - especially true on final day of a sale;
Or even RIGHT after it (Jade Empire sale, anyone?). ;)

Tony,

Amazon is my only hope to get Alpha Protocol at a good price -- get some Steam keys for it from Sega and put it up as a weekly feature deal the next couple of months.

[quote name='Tolyngee']Borderlands 2 itself was only $21. Has anyone beaten that yet?[/QUOTE]

No but the 4-pack sale on Steam wasn't too far off from $22.50 per copy.

[quote name='jester55']That's pretty funny!
Actually, it is Danny Kaye from the 1956 movie - The Court Jester.
Call me weird, but I really enjoyed watching replays of his movies when I was growing up. How many of you guys have actually seen one of his movies?

What can I say - I am probably one of the older gamers on CAG... :)[/QUOTE]

I thought it looked a little like Danny Kaye; but to be honest, White Christmas is the only one of his movies I've ever watched.

I know the site is called Cheap Ass Gamer but it seems that Amazon is expected to match every other site's deals. I am loving the deals though; got Scribblenauts Unlimited and the 2k Super Strategy Pack.

[quote name='Dreamweaver7']Wonder what the chances are of Civ 5 items (specifically Gods and Kings) appearing in the EC list? Steam has the whole Civ 5 at 75% off until the end of the Winter Sale.

Tried to get it off GMG (first time on that site, was using GG as my "other" site until the epic pricing fail) but they refuse to take any of my payment options. I don't believe for a second that Paypal thinks they're a gambling site. :roll:[/QUOTE]

One buddy of mine has the same problem (we're in Canada). Are you using a CC that was issued by your bank? My other buddies and I use Amex without issue. An alternative would also be transferring funds to your PP balance.

[quote name='Corpekata']Random question Tony, any chance we'll be seeing a decent deal on Syndicate anytime soon?[/QUOTE]

While it doesn't help now, it was $4.99 just two weeks on Amazon.

Could hope it'll return to that price in Jan? I doubt it's making the EC list though.

[quote name='Tolyngee']While it doesn't help now, it was $4.99 just two weeks on Amazon.

Could hope it'll return to that price in Jan? I doubt it's making the EC list though.[/QUOTE]

I know, it's why I'm asking. Didn't notice the sale earlier.

[quote name='mm3n']
Also, are there any words on Mafia 1 sticking around or dissappearing from Amazon list soon? Tony, any ideas? :|[/QUOTE]

I was kinda curious about that too, would be cool if Santa Tony could answer, or if he is feeling generous include it in the upcoming EC selection... :applause:

It would be nice if Amazon had a $15 Civ pack with 4 complete, 5 GOTY, and expansion. Already have Stronghold.

Anyone else buy Spore from amazon and having issues? This is my first time buying downloads from amazon, so I may just be an idiot...

Had to buy the Spore pack for $7.50 because I was one of the 5 people who actually loved the game. It did not say what type of keys they were though. First, I tried installing through Steam, but it did not recognize the keys. So I tried just downloading them myself from amazon, but when it finally downloaded, it would not let me hit the install button. Now when I go to amazons digital download page, my only option is to download the entire game again (another 8 hours). Any suggestions? I also bought the 2k Civ 5 pack on amazon at the same time, and that one installed on steam with no problem.

[quote name='Metroidman']Any chance Far Cry 3 goes on a decent sale?[/QUOTE]

It's on sale now for $37.49. You can get it for $27.49 if you're an Amazon Prime student member. That's the best you're going to get for a while.

[quote name='Nidaba']Anyone else buy Spore from amazon and having issues? This is my first time buying downloads from amazon, so I may just be an idiot...

Had to buy the Spore pack for $7.50 because I was one of the 5 people who actually loved the game. It did not say what type of keys they were though. First, I tried installing through Steam, but it did not recognize the keys. So I tried just downloading them myself from amazon, but when it finally downloaded, it would not let me hit the install button. Now when I go to amazons digital download page, my only option is to download the entire game again (another 8 hours). Any suggestions? I also bought the 2k Civ 5 pack on amazon at the same time, and that one installed on steam with no problem.[/QUOTE]
Try the keys on Origin yet?

[quote name='sunghost']LOL, I'm not even sure if it's up to the developers. Amazon probably eats the costs. If what The End says it true, they were free after getting PM'd, meaning the devs may not have known. My expectations aren't delusional, were you around last January? At least 5 or 6 games were free. Clearly the devs were ok with their game being added to the Editor's Choice list, maybe YOUR expectations are delusional. Hotline Miami is on sale for $5 VERY often, do you really think it has no chance of being free, or close to free?[/QUOTE]
Maybe you don't realize how the industry works. Large publishers have the ability and interest in drastically lowering their prices during promotions, a small indie developer with a wildly successful game that has no need to drop their product below 50% off to continue bringing in money? Not so much. I was here last January, none of those games that were free were small wildly successful indie titles. They were all major releases with major publishers.

Your expectations are delusional and you have nothing to support them other than blind assumptions based on wishful pie in the sky leaps of logic. There is nothing legitimate to suggest that Hotline Miami will be free, or nearly free. There is no benefit to this small indie developer devaluing their game when it currently is so successful. If they were going to do that, then they would stick it in a Humble Bundle instead, and actually make some money doing it, instead of what you propose, some promotion where Amazon would supposedly give it away, for free, just because.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Try the keys on Origin yet?[/QUOTE]

from the product feedback on Amazon:

I do have to note that if you use Origin, you may encounter an issue with your product keys. Both myself and a friend purchased this bundle, and we both encountered the same issue. The key Amazon gives you for the original Spore game simply would not register on Origin. The Galactic Adventures and Creepy/Cute Pack keys worked fine though. Should you encounter this issue, simply go to Origin help and choose Live Chat. You may have to wait a few minutes. They will ask you for your email address and the game key, and they will add the game to your collection that way. Not a major issue but it should be noted.

Thanks folks. I had not heard of origin. Just googled it and will install that I guess.
I'm still waiting on a response from Steam for The Witcher which will not play, so I am just getting bummed at all these installation issues with my new purchases. Haha

[quote name='BernardoOne']The developers have nothing, NOTHING to do with it being free. You use the 5$ coupon, amazon still has to pay that purchase to the developers![/QUOTE]

Actually, they do still have to do with it being free. If they know that putting it on that Editor's Choice list at 50% off the base price will mean that everyone with a coupon, and that is a huge number of people, will get it for free, then they would also be thinking about what that will do to FUTURE sales. If it is devalued down to FREE during a promotion, people will be less likely to pay even $5 in the future once the promotion is over. It is simple common sense. They would be more likely to come in WITHOUT any initial reduction in cost, and allow people to take their $5 off coupons and get it for $5. They are already wildly successful, I doubt they will want to completely devalue their product and have it going for free, which they most certainly have the right and ability to determine for themselves.

[quote name='teenwolf']Maybe you don't realize how the industry works. Large publishers have the ability and interest in drastically lowering their prices during promotions, a small indie developer with a wildly successful game that has no need to drop their product below 50% off to continue bringing in money? Not so much. I was here last January, none of those games that were free were small wildly successful indie titles. They were all major releases with major publishers.

Your expectations are delusional and you have nothing to support them other than blind assumptions based on wishful pie in the sky leaps of logic. There is nothing legitimate to suggest that Hotline Miami will be free, or nearly free. There is no benefit to this small indie developer devaluing their game when it currently is so successful. If they were going to do that, then they would stick it in a Humble Bundle instead, and actually make some money doing it, instead of what you propose, some promotion where Amazon would supposedly give it away, for free, just because.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='teenwolf']Actually, they do still have to do with it being free. If they know that putting it on that Editor's Choice list at 50% off the base price will mean that everyone with a coupon, and that is a huge number of people, will get it for free, then they would also be thinking about what that will do to FUTURE sales. If it is devalued down to FREE during a promotion, people will be less likely to pay even $5 in the future once the promotion is over. It is simple common sense. They would be more likely to come in WITHOUT any initial reduction in cost, and allow people to take their $5 off coupons and get it for $5. They are already wildly successful, I doubt they will want to completely devalue their product and have it going for free, which they most certainly have the right and ability to determine for themselves.[/QUOTE]
Someone needs to change their tampon.

anyone interested in splitting a desert-to-sea bundle? i have a 2K coupon and i want spec ops, but i already have the 2 bioshocks.

leave me a pm in case.

... Uh, among the games that were free last year we had Amnesia and the Witcher: enhanced edition of for free.

You know, small indie successful titles. If you don't remember that fact then you really shouldn't be talking about what could or couldn't be in the upcoming sale.

I still have the Amazon 2K credit that I won't be using, since GMG won for me this time with the Civ V G&K special. If someone wants to use it at cost, just let me know.

EDIT: 2K credit used up now.

[quote name='rasvelen']Is the editor's pick page on Amazon update or was there any updated list about the editor's pick games somewhere?[/QUOTE]

bump for this

[quote name='Tolyngee']We really need for someone to put together a pic with the meme:

FWIW - I think I have over two dozen EC coupons...[/QUOTE]

I have about $80 worh of EC coupons iirc. I hope many games will be on Editor's choice including hitman :D

[quote name='rasvelen']I have about $80 worh of EC coupons iirc. I hope many games will be on Editor's choice including hitman :D[/QUOTE]

Tony says it's doubtful, but I guess you can always hope.

I'm hoping for a free Farming Sim 2013, but I'd be willing to pay up to 2.50 for it.

I do own 6 of the games on that list, which is 6 more than I owned on last year's list. 4 of those are thanks to Tony's deals. I expect this to be a continuing pattern in the future with the great deals Amazon puts on during the year.

$149.16 -- Once again, I wish Amazon was better organized with this stuff. I have no idea how much of that is EC credits or usable or God only knows what (if anything; it could be expired promotions for all I know).

The Amazon "Software/Video Game Downloads" balance shows you the credits you've received from the F2P promo stuff (and others), but NOT the EC promo. We had this discussion at length beginning when the EC credits started.

The only known way to track the EC credits is via emails received.

Can Anno 2070 be activated on Steam? I've seen conflicting reports and I couldn't get Steam to run last night (always froze at the purchase page), so I couldn't get it during the flash sale...on sale here now so Amazon will get my sale.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Incorrect. That shows you the credits you've received from the F2P promo stuff (and others), but NOT the EC promo. We had this discussion at length beginning when the EC credits started. The only known way to track the EC credits is via emails received.[/QUOTE]
Sorry, it seems I missed the ending of that discussion. Threads here are sometimes really going fast. I deleted my post to prevent confusion.

The numbers got me wondering so I checked all my Amazon emails.

Airmech Holiday Gift Pack x4 = 39.96
$5 credit toward the purchase of select game downloads x13 = $65
25 Runescape Squeel of Fortune Spins x4 = 39.96
Stronghold Kingdoms Mighty Castle Pack x4 = 39.96
Microvolts x1 = $11.96
Adventure Quest Worlds Amazon Warrior Armor x4 = $39.80
APB Reloaded x1 = $10.99

also had these which are expired:
THQ x3
EA x1
2K x1
Ubi x1

So:
Gameplay credits $171.64
Sale credits $65
Dead voucher credits $30

But the Amazon site says:
SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES DOWNLOADS $187.16

so I reckon I'm good for 13 discounted games.

SOFTWARE/VIDEO
GAMES DOWNLOADS
$337.68
And I didn't even get the 5x $5 credit for buying 5 copies of Prototype Bundle back in one of BF sales :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back