Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Play with us. One of us...ONE OF US...

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Personally, I'd really like to. I've never dipped into MMO territory and this is the first game in that genre that intrigues me. Alas, my current internet connection (dictated by my current financial standing) is not reliable enough for sustained multiplayer events and I don't want to subject others to it. Haven't even talked to my Xbox friends in some time. :cry:

[quote name='Idiotekque']Awesome solution... "Crappy useless repeat sales? Don't fret, we'll just remove them!"

C'mon Tony, you guys are better than this. :cry:[/QUOTE]

the only reasonable solution i could think of is bioshock dual pack for $7.50?
or just get rid of it like tony said

[quote name='iamanerd']Hmm with The Darkness 2 being $15 right now, will it drop a little more seeing how the WTF bundle was 10 as it is, so it seems pointless to buy The Darkness 2 by itself.[/QUOTE]

Wait until tomorrow if you want The Darkness 2 solo.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Awesome solution... "Crappy useless repeat sales? Don't fret, we'll just remove them!"

C'mon Tony, you guys are better than this. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what you're talking about. The Bioshock Dual Pack was a killer offer at $4.99. I'd have to go through and pull some quotes but I can find a batter of "ZOMG THAT'S NUTS" references in this thread alone.

That being said, the deal is significantly less "ZOMG THAT'S NUTS" when held next to the Desert to Sea Pack, which will be $4.99 after coupon. Removing the Bioshock Pack, rather than running it at the same effective price, seems to be the better option for the customer.

If you have an alternative that doesn't involve giving Bioshock 1+2 away for free I'm all ears though.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='tham1988']the only reasonable solution i could think of is bioshock dual pack for $7.50?
or just get rid of it like tony said[/QUOTE]

QFT, even then $2.49 more for Bioshocks+Spec Ops would likely drive more contacts to customer service than just not running the Bioshock bundles, per past experience.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Wait until tomorrow if you want The Darkness 2 solo.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Alright will do sir, thanks for the amazing sales so far and keep it up! :)

PS I might be joining you guys with TSW :p

[quote name='inm8num2']Best solution would be to put the Bioshock dual pack back at $4.99 and make it eligible for the January coupon.

;)[/QUOTE]

This. TBH, if it was a killer deal.. I would've got another copy (I already own both games), but the pack doesn't have much resell value anymore, you can find plenty of people selling them for $1 for each game. It's really nice for people without both games, but most people have both games by now. Good deal, but not amazing or anything.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Removing the Bioshock Pack, rather than running it at the same effective price, seems to be the better option for the customer.
[/QUOTE]

Out of sight...out of mind.

Now get to bed! I know I am...

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']QFT, even then $2.49 more for Bioshocks+Spec Ops would likely drive more contacts to customer service than just not running the Bioshock bundles, per past experience.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]Make the Desert to Sea bundle $7.50, heh

[quote name='tham1988']tony,
how do i become an editor so that i can choose hitman: absolution?[/QUOTE]

Only CAGs who have been here for at least 2 years are eligible for editor status.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I'm not sure what you're talking about. The Bioshock Dual Pack was a killer offer at $4.99. I'd have to go through and pull some quotes but I can find a batter of "ZOMG THAT'S NUTS" references in this thread alone.

That being said, the deal is significantly less "ZOMG THAT'S NUTS" when held next to the Desert to Sea Pack, which will be $4.99 after coupon. Removing the Bioshock Pack, rather than running it at the same effective price, seems to be the better option for the customer.

If you have an alternative that doesn't involve giving Bioshock 1+2 away for free I'm all ears though.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
It's a stale, constantly discounted set of games that have, like you said, been a part of a MUCH better bundle with Spec Ops for the same price. Not to mention Spec Ops is arguably worth more than the Bioshock games. I dunno how complicated that is, seems kinda obvious.

And yeah, at least at $7.50 it becomes some semblance of a deal. Pricing it up $5 extra before a $5 coupon sounds... well, it sounds like bullshit EA stuff to be honest, like having Sims 3 expansions at $10, putting a $5 coupon in place, and then pricing them all up to like $15.19 or whatever it was.

And if I can be honest? Have heard stories about all the free games that happened last year, and I was kinda excited. Not very inspiring thus far. Would have liked to at least grab the Bioshocks for free to introduce my friend to the series...

If ANY game has been on sale a ridiculous amount of times, and has been ridiculously cheap and worthy of a free deal during January, it would be the Bioshock bundle. But yeah, never mind that.

[quote name='Idiotekque']It's a stale, constantly discounted set of games that have, like you said, been a part of a MUCH better bundle with Spec Ops for the same price. Not to mention Spec Ops is arguably worth more than the Bioshock games. I dunno how complicated that is, seems kinda obvious.

And yeah, at least at $7.50 it becomes some semblance of a deal. Pricing it up $5 extra before a $5 coupon sounds... well, it sounds like bullshit EA stuff to be honest, like having Sims 3 expansions at $10, putting a $5 coupon in place, and then pricing them all up to like $15.19 or whatever it was.

And if I can be honest? Have heard stories about all the free games that happened last year, and I was kinda excited. Not very inspiring thus far. Would have liked to at least grab the Bioshocks for free to introduce my friend to the series...

If ANY game has been on sale a ridiculous amount of times, and has been ridiculously cheap and worthy of a free deal during January, it would be the Bioshock bundle. But yeah, never mind that.[/QUOTE]

pretty sure they were referencing when it was just $4.99 BEFORE coupon

nvm my bad

Most of the free games last year were kind of lame like Duke Nukem and Asscreed 1. And they were only free because of a price match I believe. Nothing to freak out about.

@Idiotekque: Are you genuinely upset that Amazon aren't giving out both Bioshock games (both awesome games) for free!? Seems a bit unreasonable to me... they are a business, not a charity.

[quote name='Corpekata']Most of the free games last year were kind of lame like Duke Nukem and Asscreed 1.[/QUOTE]

Hey, speak for yourself! I liked Duke Nukem Forever ;)

And I didn't already own it.. unlike the Bioshock pack lol.

Resale value of Bioshocks are really low and not worth much currently...I'd really like to see more games in the $6 - $10 range though...Even old stuff if possible.

[quote name='Corpekata']Most of the free games last year were kind of lame like Duke Nukem and Asscreed 1. And they were only free because of a price match I believe. Nothing to freak out about.[/QUOTE]
I'd love AC1 for free. Sounds like a good deal to me.

[quote name='chapnis']@Idiotekque: Are you genuinely upset that Amazon aren't giving out both Bioshock games (both awesome games) for free!? Seems a bit unreasonable to me... they are a business, not a charity.[/QUOTE]
Yes, I am. Call me unreasonable.

[quote name='captain_midnight']Well, this place is called "Cheap Ass Gamer" for a reason :p[/QUOTE]

I have not found any cheap ass here though :(

edit:
maybe ass creed...

To be fair, I think the few free games from last years sale were non-STEAM games; I'm guessing so people would not get the free codes and turn around in a few weeks and sell them. Hence, Bioshock dual pack STEAM codes being taken down.

Also, Duke Nukem 4ever was $1 [after coupon]

[quote name='UW_Shocks']To be fair, I think the few free games from last years sale were non-STEAM games; I'm guessing so people would not get the free codes and turn around in a few weeks and sell them. Hence, Bioshock dual pack STEAM codes being taken down.

Also, Duke Nukem 4ever was $1 [after coupon][/QUOTE]

Duke Nukem Forever was $1 at the beginning of the month, but free later on. I remember because I bought it when it was a dollar, and got it again free later in the month.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']To be fair, I think the few free games from last years sale were non-STEAM games; I'm guessing so people would not get the free codes and turn around in a few weeks and sell them. Hence, Bioshock dual pack STEAM codes being taken down.

Duke Nukem was free in the last year

[quote name='camp']Make the Desert to Sea bundle $7.50, heh[/QUOTE]
That'd just annoy people who'd bought it recently with their 2K coupons.

[quote name='sunghost']Hey, speak for yourself! I liked Duke Nukem Forever ;)[/QUOTE]
It was definitely worth the $1 imo.

[quote name='Idiotekque']It's a stale, constantly discounted set of games that have, like you said, been a part of a MUCH better bundle with Spec Ops for the same price. Not to mention Spec Ops is arguably worth more than the Bioshock games. I dunno how complicated that is, seems kinda obvious.

If ANY game has been on sale a ridiculous amount of times, and has been ridiculously cheap and worthy of a free deal during January, it would be the Bioshock bundle. But yeah, never mind that.[/QUOTE]

Lol well I'm not sure what to tell you there man :) sorry the deals seem lackluster.

I struggle to think of anywhere legit you could have paid less than twice as much for stuff like Hotline and Dark Souls though, two PC games that came out this year.

If the promotion is ruined for you because "no free Bioshock" there's not a whole lot I'm going to be able to do to make it awesome.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Lol well I'm not sure what to tell you there man :) sorry the deals seem lackluster.

I struggle to think of anywhere legit you could have paid less than twice as much for stuff like Hotline and Dark Souls though, two PC games that came out this year.

If the promotion is ruined for you because "no free Bioshock" there's not a whole lot I'm going to be able to do to make it awesome.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Don't worry Tony, most of us appreciate the deals, looking forward to getting the WTF Pack tomorrow when it goes live. Keep up the good work :D

Fine with me, I don't need Steam only.

And no, the non-Steam Bioshock pack was removed as well.

Wow... what a huge disappointment that Editor's list is... I feel sorry I hyped it up on other forums now.

Embarrassing...

Tony, I have a question for you. If a game is $5 from another PCDD retailer (like Steam, Gamefly, Impulse, etc.) and its also in the EC list, are you going to be able to PM them this month (basically making them free after credit) like last January, or is that not an option this year? I'd like to know to avoid disappointment later lol.

[quote name='sittinghawk3']Wow, there are some entitled douchebags here. Seeing some good deals. I doubt Amazon will miss your patronage this sale. Doing a great job Tony.[/QUOTE]

Hey-O! While I appreciate the kudos, no need for name calling :). Seriously though, I have to go to sleep. Night guys.

[quote name='D3rk01']Wow... what a huge disappointment that Editor's list is... I feel sorry I hyped it up on other forums now.

Embarrassing...[/QUOTE]

I'll re-iterate that I'm sorry you're unhappy with the promotions.

[quote name='sunghost']Tony, I have a question for you. If a game is $5 from another PCDD retailer (like Steam, Gamefly, Impulse, etc.) and a game from the EC list drops to $5 at those retailers, are you going to be able to PM them this month (basically making them free after credit) like last January, or is that not an option this year? I'd like to know to avoid disappointment later lol.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a solid answer for that right now, stay tuned until the first time it crops up. It'll likely be case by case.

[quote name='asdo']@Tony any chance The Walking Dead will go back to $12.50 before coupon before jan 31?[/QUOTE]

Working on this when in the office Wednesday. No official word yet.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Lol well I'm not sure what to tell you there man :) sorry the deals seem lackluster.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I think you're offering very decent deals on The Secret World and Dark Souls, and I know plenty of people on here are eager to snatch them up at the prices now. Hotline Miami I have definitely never seen below $5 anywhere as the game just barely came out, so $2.50 after credit seems like a fantastic deal.

I think the promotion is very decent, and it isn't over yet either so I have hopes for some possible new additions and price matches. And even though I didn't get free games last year, it would not bother me if I didn't get any this year. That isn't to say I don't want free games, I do of course, but I've gotten plenty of great deals from Amazon downloads this past year, and any credit like this on top is a nice bonus. Not sure if I myself will use any, as I didn't bother with some of the Christmas bonuses, but it's still nice to have the option.

[quote name='D3rk01']Wow... what a huge disappointment that Editor's list is... I feel sorry I hyped it up on other forums now.

Embarrassing...[/QUOTE]

More will be added in the coming days I believe.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
lol, because that's what I said, totally.

The deals are lackluster so far. $2.50 for Hotline Miami is a very fair price, but let's be honest, it's indie. It'll be $2.50 soon enough without coupons. Dark Souls? Not a bad price, but it's over $10, and it's going to get cheaper in the near future.

The promotion just started. I'm sure it will get better, I'm just saying it's a really weak start for some much hype and build up. It's also not very inspiring to hear "But the Bioshock bundle will be $5 after the coupon!"... when it was $5 without the coupon today.

I give it to you blunt because I know you can handle it, and I know you'll come through, Tony. Don't disappoint!

how long is the secret world $17.99 before coupon price going to hold?
and could i buy two copies using two coupons? (separate purchases of course)

[quote name='captain_midnight']Well, this place is called "Cheap Ass Gamer" for a reason :p[/QUOTE]

But it's "Cheap Ass Gamer", not "Just Hand It Out To My Ass Gamer"

[quote name='Idiotekque']lol, because that's what I said, totally.

The deals are lackluster so far. $2.50 for Hotline Miami is a very fair price, but let's be honest, it's indie. It'll be $2.50 soon enough without coupons. Dark Souls? Not a bad price, but it's over $10, and it's going to get cheaper in the near future.

The promotion just started. I'm sure it will get better, I'm just saying it's a really weak start for some much hype and build up. It's also not very inspiring to hear "But the Bioshock bundle will be $5 after the coupon!"... when it was $5 without the coupon today.

I give it to you blunt because I know you can handle it, and I know you'll come through, Tony. Don't disappoint![/QUOTE]

Might be indie but it's better than Bioshlock... yep I went there.

And I forgot to add, yeah, the TSW sale is good, but it's not better than the one that you just had ($15 + the before-the-end-of-year bonuses).

Just saying.

Embarrassing...[/QUOTE]
Given the contents of the last few pages, it's hard to tell whether this is sarcastic and an attempt at making a joke, or whether you're serious.

[quote name='sunghost']Tony, I have a question for you. If a game is $5 from another PCDD retailer (like Steam, Gamefly, Impulse, etc.) and its also in the EC list, are you going to be able to PM them this month (basically making them free after credit) like last January, or is that not an option this year? I'd like to know to avoid disappointment later lol.[/QUOTE]
+1 to wanting to know. :)

I could argue that I got all my promo coupons for past purchases, and that my past purchases were potentially only made due to the incentive of future free games. Thus not "giving me a game for free".
Of course in a thread of people-who-shop-at-Amazon it still amounts to "free" since everybody can/could get it.

All games get cheaper in the future. If you want to bitch about prices wait until they are available at your price and then buy. Wtf does near future mean? 13 bucks for dark souls is pretty good seeing as they are competing against no one but themselves at 18 and they go even lower. Hotline is 2.50 now why does it matter that it came through coupon? You aren't coming across as blunt, you are coming across as a fuck and Tony obviously wouldn't be able to respond appropriately, so fuck OFF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back