Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='asheskitty']I just bought and registered TSW and got the December 2012 perks (Blood Raven, Jacket, Weapons, Initiate Pack.[/QUOTE]

Whoa and you just registered right now? I am debating TSW now because of everyone. Maybe fix my itch that I have for mmos.

Highly doubt it now i think 6 years of wow on and off have killed my love for them.

I was under the impression the Kingdom of Amalur didn't require the Origin client. Page says it only requires an account. I took that to mean it did an online check once by you logging into your Origin account, not the client. Can anyone confirm?

[quote name='kiwimonster']Whoa and you just registered right now? I am debating TSW now because of everyone. Maybe fix my itch that I have for mmos.

Highly doubt it now i think 7 years of wow on and off have killed my love for them.[/QUOTE]

It's NOT like WoW.

I told people over on the Steam thread, and I'll say it here.

Do NOT review the game until you have done 2 things:
1) Kingsmouth Code - You get this quest from the Priest in Solomon's Island, just past the Sherriffs station.
2) Do Polaris (first instance) - Recommended at QL2-3.

Do those. If those don't make you go WHOA, then the game will be a bust. But I'd be willing to bet it'd satisfy the urge for most people.

(mind you, using a walkthrough on the Kingsmouth code will defeat the purpose and leave you wanting)

Fall of Cybertron isn't in the EC list? :cry:

May actually have to pick up MP3 if it's matched, don't think it'll be falling lower than 10$ any time soon.

[quote name='asheskitty']I just bought and registered TSW and got the December 2012 perks (Blood Raven, Jacket, Weapons, Initiate Pack.[/QUOTE]

Yep I just did the same, cool to see the perks are still alive. If the launcher says Version Issue #5, that means the new issue was included too?

[quote name='vince_carter']yea, if they PM max payne i'll finally have to bite[/QUOTE]

+1

Anyway, I submitted a price match for it on the Max Payne page. Not sure if it helps if a bunch of us do that but figured it couldn't hurt.

[quote name='kiwimonster']Whoa and you just registered right now? I am debating TSW now because of everyone. Maybe fix my itch that I have for mmos.

Highly doubt it now i think 6 years of wow on and off have killed my love for them.[/QUOTE]

Do ittttt

[quote name='frogkiller']How bad is Origin? I have been eyeballing Kingdoms of Amalur for a while.
Seems to be the only downside.[/QUOTE]

There is really nothing wrong with it and it gets a ton of hatred that it doesn't really deserve. The only truly bad one is GFWL.

[quote name='Motoki']+1

Anyway, I submitted a price match for it on the Max Payne page. Not sure if it helps if a bunch of us do that but figured it couldn't hurt.[/QUOTE]

I did the same.

Also if we were to get a PM, would it be for the Steam version? I don't even know what DRM the other one is (the $30 one).

[quote name='Motoki']+1

Anyway, I submitted a price match for it on the Max Payne page. Not sure if it helps if a bunch of us do that but figured it couldn't hurt.[/QUOTE]

You pmed tony/amazon ? Price match would make me bite too

Can we get also price matches on the total war series? i really want rome! I dont need the pack i already have shogun Q_Q

[quote name='kiwimonster']Highly doubt it now i think 6 years of wow on and off have killed my love for them.[/QUOTE]
A decade of Everquest had killed my desire for fantasy MMORPGs (tried WoW, LoTRO online, etc) but I found City of Heroes (now dead) fun for a while and TSW interesting. A change in genre does wonders.

How do you see if you've got the December perks?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it when I go to my account settings page. It mentions an initiate pack and three other things. I don't see any mention of this "Issue #5"

Picked up TSW. It was this or Amalur. TSW looked more interesting, despite my love for hack 'n' slash :p

EDIT: Speaking of which, I need to get a new HDD. Why must all MMOs take up so much room...

I've got 5 coupons. Already spent 1 on The Secret World. I'm trying to debate what else to use them on. Hotline Miami, Kingdoms of Amalur, Dead Souls (despite the raves on this one, my gut feel would be it would annoy me) would take another 3 and put me at 4/5. I just have no idea what else might show up. My list of owned is already fairly extensive. Genuinely good choices? Any reason to pick those up now rather than wait to see what else shows up prior to the end of the sale (eg: are any scheduled to increase in price soon)?
Just wish they carried Dishonored after the whole GGate fiasco. Anyone know why they don't?

[quote name='hal']What happened to that Kingdoms of Amalur Complete Pack that was supposed to be on the EC list? I'm just not seeing it. That and Walking Dead were the two I was really looking forward to for this sale.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nosferatu51']Amalur does work, but is not showing up on my EC list either for what it's worth.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='walkonshadows']@ Tony There are alot of people who would like to pick up Kingdoms of Amalur on Steam, in the past Steam codes could be provided for certain games (Bioshock Pack for example). What are the chances of Amazon being able to provide a Steam code version for Kingdoms of Amalur. THAT would sell like wildfire.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Rerujnoc']I would say there is no chance right now until the rights for it get sold off.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Syntax Error']EA has the non-Steam publishing rights so I'm guessing zero.

38 Studios, now better known as "The State of Rhode Island", has the exclusive rights to sell through Steam. There are no retail Steam versions of KoA.[/QUOTE]

I call the state of Rhode Island at least once per day. That is not a joke.

[quote name='MysterD']Have we seen a list yet for the 2K wave of games getting a sale-price slash during EC 2012?

EDIT:
Okay, I seen Spec Ops: The Line and Darkness 2 mentioned as being $2.49 each (after $5 coupons).
So....what about NBA2K13? Anything happening w/ this one?

EDIT 2:
How come this EC list on Reddit ain't on OP or post #2 in this thread?
{puzzled}[/QUOTE]

[quote name='LazyTriangle']well it looks like we'll get XCOM for 50% off after all, straight from Tony himself via reddit. Borderlands 2 and NBA 2K13 will be 50% off too.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Wonder if Tony has some help posting to his reddit account? He did mention that he was planning on updating the OP yesterday, but then later he mentioned he was ill, so I guess it just got forgotten about.

Edit: Or maybe the overly negative vibe in this thread for the past week or so has just kept him away more than usual. (It would for me.)[/QUOTE]

Nah, it just takes longer to update the OP here than to respond to someone on Reddit, which I'm able to do from my phone or Kindle. Most of my reddit posting is done from mobile or before I go to sleep, as with last night.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']like most CAGs I have almost everything I want from the current editor's choice list, however I'm hoping for XCOM and War of the Roses to hit 50% off at some point in January[/QUOTE]

Xcom is tomorrow, War of the Roses will be pricematched shortly.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Tony,

How long is the price for ME3 Deluxe going to stay at its current price ($19.99) ?[/QUOTE]

1/9/2013

[quote name='Corpekata']Steam daily deal on Max Payne 3 and War of the Roses. Time to see if price matching is gonna happen.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tham1988']price matches on max payne 3 and war of the roses daily deals please[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Umair56']OOooooo Max Payne PM maybe?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BernardoOne']Max Payne PM :D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tham1988']is there any chance of getting a price match for the max payne 3 rockstar pass steam daily deal and it being put on the editor's choice list along with the game?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='vince_carter']yea, if they PM max payne i'll finally have to bite[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Motoki']+1

[quote name='Umair56']I did the same.

Also if we were to get a PM, would it be for the Steam version? I don't even know what DRM the other one is (the $30 one).[/QUOTE]

Hamsters.

But are you going to play with us?

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='tham1988']so the secret world on amazon does not activate on steam?
only on the games website?
or could you activate it on either?[/QUOTE]

It activates on Origin.

[quote name='nosferatu51']Just wish they carried Dishonored after the whole GGate fiasco. Anyone know why they don't?[/QUOTE]
They don't have a distribution agreement with Bethesda.

Did we ever come up with a way of counting coupons aside from the flaky e-mail system?

[quote name='walkonshadows']I was under the impression the Kingdom of Amalur didn't require the Origin client. Page says it only requires an account. I took that to mean it did an online check once by you logging into your Origin account, not the client. Can anyone confirm?[/QUOTE]

Requires the Origin client, not just an account.

[quote name='Lindor']It activates on Origin.[/QUOTE]

The Secret World does NOT activate on Origin, it activates on The Secret World's official site.

[quote name='realwords']Don't download The Secret World through Amazon's servers, do it through Funcom's.

After you register your key with Funcom, use this to download:
http://cdn.funcom.com/tsw/live/setup.exe[/QUOTE]

QFT. This is exactly what I did and my initial download speeds (before I went to bed at 3:30am PST, heh) were quite good. I almost never download directly from Amazon; if I get a Steam or Origin key I just copy the key then register and download directly through those clients.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I call the state of Rhode Island at least once per day. That is not a joke.

Nah, it just takes longer to update the OP here than to respond to someone on Reddit, which I'm able to do from my phone or Kindle. Most of my reddit posting is done from mobile or before I go to sleep, as with last night.

1/9/2013

Hamsters.

But are you going to play with us?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

All of that and still no answer to a question I have asked three times. Perhaps I need to be more self-entitled or bitchy to get an answer. :cry:

Will War of the Roses be going on sale (at least match the Steam price today 14.99)? Otherwise, I am just going to buy it off steam.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Xcom is tomorrow, War of the Roses will be pricematched shortly.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thank you Tony, I will be grabbing both of those games when they go live.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hamsters.[/QUOTE]

Great!!!

But please remember to tell them to price match both Steam and non-Steam versions of Max Payne 3 ;)

Thx!!!

[quote name='avwjase']All of that and still no answer to a question I have asked three times. Perhaps I need to be more self-entitled or bitchy to get an answer. :cry:

Will War of the Roses be going on sale (at least match the Steam price today 14.99)? Otherwise, I am just going to buy it off steam.[/QUOTE]

You quoted Tony's answer to your own question.

Do I have to download the Origin client for Kingdoms of Amalur or is it like Alice The Madness Returns where I just register it to my account? Also will there be a price match on War of the Roses?

[quote name='avwjase']All of that and still no answer to a question I have asked three times. Perhaps I need to be more self-entitled or bitchy to get an answer. :cry:

Will War of the Roses be going on sale (at least match the Steam price today 14.99)? Otherwise, I am just going to buy it off steam.[/QUOTE]

Dude, if you're going to make a snarky comment, you should check the product page before doing so. Pricing has been in place since roughly 10:10AM PST, or the past 18 minutes.

The reason I sometimes miss "questions for the 3rd time" is because this thread, and my inbox, is flooded with questions that have either already been answered by myself or another CAG, or are no longer relevant questions, as with this one.

http://www.amazon.com/War-Roses-Online-Game-Code/dp/B008YIJCAO/

I'm updating the OP and then logging on to TSW. My nickname is CheersTony in game, feel free to shoot me a note if you log on. I'll be running around Kingsmouth with my Illuminati.

Cheers,
Tony

Says right in there "War of the Roses will be pricematched shortly."

lol he literally answered this in the post you quoted

[quote name='frankie007']Great!!!

But please remember to tell them to price match both Steam and non-Steam versions of Max Payne 3 ;)

Thx!!![/QUOTE]

What does Hamsters mean?

Can the DLC get PMed too?

[quote name='meeko2']You pmed tony/amazon ? Price match would make me bite too

Can we get also price matches on the total war series? i really want rome! I dont need the pack i already have shogun Q_Q[/QUOTE]

Geeze this thread moves fast.

No, I meant there's actually a spot on every Amazon page (I think? it's there on all the DD ones anyway) that says "Tell us about a lower price" and you can submit it through the system.

AHEM
http://www.amazon.com/War-Roses-Online-Game-Code/dp/B008YIJCAO/ref=br_lf_m_1000728511_2_35_img?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&pf_rd_p=1450418322&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000728511&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=02PSN3RRZ40BVHDEW54D

[quote name='ojaybaby']What does Hamsters mean?

Can the DLC get PMed too?[/QUOTE]

Hamsters = Hamsters running on the price matching wheels to make the pricing take place.

Everything should be matched, including the Steam version, I just sent out explicit notes on that.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='try2catchmike']Not to get to off topic but I just got TSW what server should I play on and what side?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nosferatu51']Yes, where should we be playing and who should I contact for TSW? I just installed it....[/QUOTE]

Server doesn't really matter as you can group cross server (I'm pretty sure everything is on a shared stack).

I'm playing Illuminati but am happy to reroll if the majority wants to go something else.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hamsters = Hamsters running on the price matching wheels to make the pricing take place.

Everything should be matched, including the Steam version, I just sent out explicit notes on that.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much Tony ;)

[quote name='Umair56']I love that all Tony has to say is "hamsters". I wonder what someone who is new to this thread would think lol.[/QUOTE]

Probably something like 'What a jerk... takes to time to quote all the posts and then only bothers to post a stupid nonsense answer'... :D

Anyway, waiting for the MP3 PM to kick in... almost picked it up during last year's sale (gee, how that sounds... :D) but decided to gamble and, unlike with the DS franchise pack, this time I'm being rewarded for waiting. Amazon, we're even again. :cool:

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hamsters = Hamsters running on the price matching wheels to make the pricing take place.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Is the season pass of MP3 included on the EC promotion?

What's the point of the Steam version getting PM'd? (other than to get sales unrelated to the EC list)

The EC coupons don't work for the steam version! D: I just tried

so will an editor's choice coupon be able to work on the max payne 3 dlc pass?

you technically quoted this question in your big post but your reply was hamsters for a long list of questions so i don't know if it was a yes to editor's choice or just the pm

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Looks like some of the 2K packs are migrating their way into the EC list earlier than anticipated.[/QUOTE]

Heeeey, I didn't know the packs would end up on the EC list.

Well now, don't I feel dumb for buying the 2K Strategy Pack too early.

[quote name='amundsjm']Otherwise, this year I was blown away by FTL's style, options of play, and the raw difficulty that sometimes could lead to losing a crewman not but 2 minutes after pressing Start. [/QUOTE]

TotalBiscuit's "WTF is FTL?" shows just that. I think he had named the character Cox, and he just exclaimed "oh Cox, we barely got to know ye!" This was only about 6 min into the vid, and of course not all previous 6 min was already him playing the game.

But yeah, his first encounter, I thought he was going to lose his ship right off the bat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back