Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MysterD']So, even if there's a price-match we're looking for that pops-up, we'll have to wait until you do your "once a day CAG post?"
And how do we know when you're going to do your "once a day CAG post" is coming?
Will there be a scheduled time?

BTW - I don't like that idea at all of "once a CAG day" post. :(

And BTW - if you respond to this post only, will that constitute your "once a CAG day" post for today? ;)[/QUOTE]

He's obviously tired of responding to posts like this. I dont blame him at all.

Even though amazon gave out a food deal on TSW I had to buy the steam version. And I'm debating on if I should contact amazon cs because I bought me3 but I want the DD for it hmm...

[quote name='fore1337']Thanks for the Price Match on Steam DRM Max Payne 3!

Can anyone comment on the MP3 Season Pass? it looks to be useless as for Multiplayer only. ...is there any DLC that extends the storyline at all? misterD, I'm looking for your advice :)[/QUOTE]

DLC currently is MP focused. No SP DLC that I am aware of.

just a suggestion
tony,
if your going to start checking in once a day,
please check in around 1pm eastern when the new steam daily deals go up for price-matching purposes

[quote name='Fluxy']Even though amazon gave out a food deal on TSW I had to buy the steam version. And I'm debating on if I should contact amazon cs because I bought me3 but I want the DD for it hmm...[/QUOTE]

#1: What's a food deal?

#2: Is your avatar male or female? Srsly can't tell

[quote name='tham1988']just a suggestion
tony,
please check in around 1pm eastern when the new steam daily deals go up for price-matching purposes[/QUOTE]

Wait - when does EVERYBODY else flip their prices?
i.e. GameFly, Origin, and any other place Amazon DVG will match?

[quote name='tham1988']just a suggestion
tony,
please check in around 1pm eastern when the new steam daily deals go up for price-matching purposes[/QUOTE]

Why, so he can get spammed with 40 posts about OMG THE STEAM DEAL HAS BEEN UP FOR 5 MINUTES AND IT ISN'T PRICE MATCHED YET!!?

Not saying you would say that, but someone, several someones, no doubt would.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Also, guys, these conversations are soul sucking. Starting today I'm instituting a "Tony checks and responds to CAG once per day". I'm going to do this for a week and see how it works out.

Responding to stuff until 2-6AM everyday for the past ~2 weeks is starting to wear on me.

To note, again, in this specific situation, the WOTR price match was just that, a price match, there was 0 way I could have told you in your previous posts, whether or not it would occur.

This is my last post for today. See whoever is playing TSW in game.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Tony you definitely work too much, and in addition your always on here answering our questions. Please stay away from posting too much on the forums; like you said they are "soul sucking". Trust me, your stress levels will decline 10-fold by giving the forums a break.

Keep up the great work! Us thread regulars appreciate all your hard work :applause::applause:

[quote name='Neuro5i5']I won't say I'm not disappointed that you won't be here as much as you have been (which is more than I would expect from a rep). But I certainly don't blame you. No one person should have to bare the verbal assault (which apparently some people call asserting themselves) you take on a daily basis.[/QUOTE]
Agreed

[quote name='sunghost']#1: What's a food deal?

#2: Is your avatar male or female? Srsly can't tell[/QUOTE]

1. I meant good deal, on my phone

2. I'm actually not sure, both maybe?

[quote name='MysterD']And they're still giving out the FREE Extras (that were supposed to end on Dec 31, 2012)?
What happened? They been hanging out w/ Gamersgate or something? ;)[/QUOTE]
Guess they took the day off to celebrate the New Year :lol:

[quote name='walkonshadows']I was under the impression the Kingdom of Amalur didn't require the Origin client. Page says it only requires an account. I took that to mean it did an online check once by you logging into your Origin account, not the client. Can anyone confirm?[/QUOTE]

If it's the same KoA bundle from earlier in 2012, then yes, it requires the Origin client to install/play/whatever.

Thanks for the Sims 3 pack, Tony! This is what I had requested before, and you came through when I didn't expect it. Much appreciated! :applause:

I'd happily use my other $5 credits on other Sims 3 expansions if they became eligible.

Happy New Year!

[quote name='frankie007']Guess they took the day off to celebrate the New Year :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those Scandavanians have been doing a lot of that lately...:bomb:

[quote name='frankie007']Guess they took the day off to celebrate the New Year :lol:[/QUOTE]

If you ask me - it's just gonna be another day & another year.
{shrug}

Let's see...
- Rockstar Social
- Gameshield
- Possibly Steam

...damn. At least this time around they didn't screw things up with Gameshield on performance I hear, that's a step up from L.A. Noire where Gameshield actively hurt the game. Still not sure if I'll bite at $10.

[quote name='Fluxy']
2. I'm actually not sure, both maybe?[/QUOTE]
The avatar is female. Just look at her right shoulder.

Still can't decide if I should get TSW.

[quote name='seamoss']68 D
97 a
114 r
107 k
115 s
105 i
100 d
101 e
114 r
115 s
53 5
51 3
70 F
66 B
80 P
45 -
84 T
48 0
84 T
67 C
56 8
45 -
90 Z
69 E
68 D
72 H
54 6

No, I didn't take the key.[/QUOTE]
I already have Darksiders, but thanks

[quote name='avwjase']This thread is a perfect illustration of why I stopped giving away games in this community. A bunch of lemmings.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, I'm a whiny baby. .[/QUOTE]
So it has nothing to do with the fact you are an ass?

[quote name='Fluxy']Even though amazon gave out a food deal on TSW I had to buy the steam version. And I'm debating on if I should contact amazon cs because I bought me3 but I want the DD for it hmm...[/QUOTE]
WTF, I missed out on free food?

random image time

[quote name='Tranquilo']So where do you get coupons for Dark Souls and other games?[/QUOTE]

You had to buy a game from Amazon [PC download] between the dates of Mid-November and Dec. 31st. If you did, then they are automatically applied to your account.

Im sort of new to this, but how do you submit a price match request.

Just wondering since C&C ultimate is 25 on origin, just seeing if we can get a match on that

[quote name='Tranquilo']So where do you get coupons for Dark Souls and other games?[/QUOTE]

Found them in my digital Honey Nut Cheerios...

[quote name='ezelkow1']Im sort of new to this, but how do you submit a price match request.

Just wondering since C&C ultimate is 25 on origin, just seeing if we can get a match on that[/QUOTE]

Each game page on Amazon has a "Tell us of a lower Price" tab. Click that and fillout the info.

[quote name='ezelkow1']Im sort of new to this, but how do you submit a price match request.

Just wondering since C&C ultimate is 25 on origin, just seeing if we can get a match on that[/QUOTE]

They don't match Origin, at least for EA stuff, because EA is also the publisher. ie they don't have a middle man to pay and can charge whatever they want.

In general though there should be a link on any Amazon page that says "Tell us about a lower price" and you can use that.

And people should be using that instead of all pestering Tony about it, IMO.

*Edited to add: Since EA has run that $25 price on the C&C pack at Amazon before, my guess is they are running it at $30 now because they are factoring in the coupon, thus they don't want you getting it under $25 no matter what.

Unless it's from a Gamersgate price screw up, but we won't talk about that. :p

Under normal circumstances, I'd say just post your request here (a few times). However, probably won't work today. If you find the product on Amazon you want PM'd, scroll down to "Product Details" and select "tell us about a lower price".

[quote name='DarkZero104']Let's see...
- Rockstar Social
- Gameshield
- Possibly Steam

...damn. At least this time around they didn't screw things up with Gameshield on performance I hear, that's a step up from L.A. Noire where Gameshield actively hurt the game. Still not sure if I'll bite at $10.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's too much DRM for a Steam-version.
When Steam's involved, there should NOT be any GameShield even enabled - since Steam's forced onto Steam users.
Anything extra on a Steam version = redundant.

That's why a bit ago, I went Non-Steam w/ Max Payne 3.

Also - I don't know why Rockstar doesn't just decide from here forward to go flat-out Steamworks + RSC w/ their PC games.
Forget GameShield entirely.
{shrug}

thanks, submitted, but I guess it wont matter since like you said they wont match origin. Oh well, was wishful thinking. Was hoping to have that ultimate collection so I dont have to worry if my old 'first decade' collection dvd gets destroyed

[quote name='MysterD']Yeah, that's too much DRM for a Steam-version.
When Steam's involved, there should NOT be any GameShield even enabled - since Steam's forced onto Steam users.
Anything extra on a Steam version = redundant.

That's why a bit ago, I went Non-Steam w/ Max Payne 3.

Also - I don't know why Rockstar doesn't just decide from here forward to go flat-out Steamworks + RSC w/ their PC games.
{shrug}[/QUOTE]

There are still people who don't like Steam. R* is better off offering an option than committing to a service that isn't theirs.

RSC is probably the single most confusing DRM to me. "Hey, have an account with us" doesn't strike me as a security measure, just self padding numbers to keep track of the game's actual sales. So weird that it'd be a requirement.

[quote name='60fps']There are still people who don't like Steam. R* is better off offering an option than committing to a service that isn't theirs.[/QUOTE]
Well, true - that is a good point.
But, it also does mean there's an additional version (Steam & Non-Steam) for them to test, patch, and spend resources ($ and time) on.
Well...Rockstar does got the $ probably to be able to offer multiple-versions (Steam and Non-Steam), anyways - hehe.

Seeing as how Steam has the Total War Grandmaster pack for 75% off, can we see a price match from amazon maybe :p Also maybe EC eligible too :)

I hope this isn't too much of a FAQ, but is there any way to get things like these airmech or adventurequest-type additional bonuses amazon is giving out to people that might want them or use them?

[quote name='SCMoney360']Was anyone able to get TSW redeemed through Origin after talking to CS? Just curious if anyone tried, prior to me being the ginea pig.[/QUOTE]

Well at least one person inquired about it some time ago on Funcom's forums and was told by them to go to EA's customer service about it.

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=40917

BTW, did you have any luck? I know in the past when EA published games don't normally activate to Origin or in some cases have a key at all some people were given different answers by different reps, ie some told them no but they kept trying and eventually someone added it for them.

Or at least so the reports go, I don't have any first hand experience.

How do I get $10 total off of BF3 Premium like in the OP? The only EA-specific credit I ever got was for 12/25 only. It's still applying my EC credit correctly, however.

[quote name='Motoki']Well at least one person inquired about it some time ago on Funcom's forums and was told by them to go to EA's customer service about it.

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=40917

BTW, did you have any luck? I know in the past when EA published games don't normally activate to Origin or in some cases have a key at all some people were given different answers by different reps, ie some told them no but they kept trying and eventually someone added it for them.

Or at least so the reports go, I don't have any first hand experience.[/QUOTE]

Haven't started yet, Will post my adventures when I start tackling this in a couple of hours.

Keep in mind if you are buying "The Secret World" (TSW) under the current January Promotion that you will have to spend an additional $5+ to purchase the DLC content that is given to those who activated in Decemeber for free. So your coupon doesn't really get you anything....

Source: http://www.thesecretworld.com/gameplay

"NEW CONTENT FOR THE FUTURE

Periodically we will release packs of DLC (Downloadable Content). These updates, called Issues in The Secret World, contain new content, such as more Auxiliary Weapons, new missions and story arcs. These packs are fully optional and can be purchased for the Bonus Points that are included in the optional Membership, as well as with the Grandmaster Lifetime service.

The first DLC will start selling in January 2013, and is the main storyline of issue #5. This will sell for $5, however this content is already fully unlocked for anyone who has a full game account registered before the end of December 2012.

Regular patches with free content and updates and enhancements to the core game will still continue."

[quote name='bwrobins']Keep in mind if you are buying "The Secret World" (TSW) under the current January Promotion that you will have to spend an additional $5+ to purchase the DLC content that is given to those who activated in Decemeber for free. So your coupon doesn't really get you anything....

Periodically we will release packs of DLC (Downloadable Content). These updates, called Issues in The Secret World, contain new content, such as more Auxiliary Weapons, new missions and story arcs. These packs are fully optional and can be purchased for the Bonus Points that are included in the optional Membership, as well as with the Grandmaster Lifetime service.

The first DLC will start selling in January 2013, and is the main storyline of issue #5. This will sell for $5, however this content is already fully unlocked for anyone who has a full game account registered before the end of December 2012.

Regular patches with free content and updates and enhancements to the core game will still continue."[/QUOTE]

You might've missed a few posts, a bunch of people have reported that they bought TSW from Amazon today and received the bonuses from December. Not sure how long it'll last, but I believe it's still active.

[quote name='bwrobins']Keep in mind if you are buying "The Secret World" (TSW) under the current January Promotion that you will have to spend an additional $5+ to purchase the DLC content that is given to those who activated in Decemeber for free. So your coupon doesn't really get you anything....

Regular patches with free content and updates and enhancements to the core game will still continue."[/QUOTE]

*Edit Ninja sandwich.

Except that people have reported in this thread that they bought the game on 1/1/13 and got issue #5 anyway.

I don't know how much longer it is going to go on but for it seems that people are still getting the bonus stuff that was supposed to end in December.

There's no way of know if it is still possible (or when it ends (ended?), but several people in this thread have reported getting the same bonuses after buying today. So, people shouldn't buy based only on this, but it's probably still possible.

[edit] ninja'd - great minds or something

Pretty sure this is what everyone is referring to when we say we got the December only bonus content added to our accounts.....

How long deal for Darksouls will be active? Cant decide if buy it or wait for better games, and then take it on last day, if nothing better comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back