Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, it'd be nice Tony if you worked your wizardry and got the Darksiders Franchise up again for a day or so and on the EC list since Darksiders 2 is already on there anyway. :D

[quote name='nosferatu51']The most recent person did, but that was an hour or 2 ago[/QUOTE]

with my current speeds (3.1 MB/s), I'll be able to check in an hour.

[quote name='contej85']I guess I'll buy and report back.

How will I know?[/QUOTE]

When you register your account you will see a few items from the "Initiate Pack" including a raven, etc on the main page. All assumptions say that is linked to issue #5 as well, but that you will in the installer when you're done in the top left corner.

Initiate pack is NOT the same as issue 5. Completely different.

You have to finish the tutorial and if you look in the store under the first tab (Redeem, I believe)... it also notifies you that you have it as soon as you enter Kingsmouth (finish of the tutorial)

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']Initiate pack is NOT the same as issue 5. Completely different.

You have to finish the tutorial and if you look in the store under the first tab (Redeem, I believe)... it also notifies you that you have it as soon as you enter Kingsmouth (finish of the tutorial)[/QUOTE]

But if I got it, I'll have it no matter when I finish the tutorial right? I don't need to play tonight?

Gonna take awhile to download.

Godammit you guys, I just bought Guild Wars 2 on Christmas and have yet to even create a character (let alone play any of the other 20 games I've bought in the last week), but here I am buying yet ANOTHER mmo (that I have never even heard of before this thread, btw) because these $5.00 coupons are burning a hole in my pocket. Oh, and peer pressure.

Someone stop me from buying X-Blades ($1.99). I bought the Blades of Time Collector's Edition when Tony had it on sale and I'm feeling OCD. By the way, Blades of Time is schlocky but entertaining. My only complaints include a rifle mechanic that feels hard to aim (I'm using an Xbox 360 controller and am used to KBM - maybe that's it?) and the time rewind mechanic which I'm a bit baffled by at times. I found it tricky to kill certain enemies using it but maybe that's just me as well.

If you got it it'll be in the store under that section. I haven't heard anyone come back to confirm it through here though. Everyone has been under the assumption that the initiate pack = issue 5. Or that because the downloader says issue 5... which are both incorrect. When someone comes back and specifically states it was in their store under redeem then it'll be confirmed. Until then, it's hearsay.

What they stated on their forum is that if the KEY is attached by Dec 2012, then you'll get Issue 5 free. So actually PLAYING isn't necessary to get the thing but since it's a day late, who knows.

[quote name='nosferatu51']When you register your account you will see a few items from the "Initiate Pack" including a raven, etc on the main page. All assumptions say that is linked to issue #5 as well, but that you will in the installer when you're done in the top left corner.[/QUOTE]

This is incorrect. The installer is showing what the latest version is, not what you have purchased. There's no way for the installer to know what you own since it comes before any account checks.

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']If you got it it'll be in the store under that section. I haven't heard anyone come back to confirm it through here though. Everyone has been under the assumption that the initiate pack = issue 5. Or that because the downloader says issue 5... which are both incorrect. When someone comes back and specifically states it was in their store under redeem then it'll be confirmed. Until then, it's hearsay.[/QUOTE]

It was in my store. When I got to Kingsmouth I did this:

1. Clicked on Menu in the upper-left
  2. Clicked on Store
  3. Clicked on Boosts
  4. There it was for 0 currency. I purchased it and found some sort of icon in my inventory.
Hope that helps!

[quote name='XeRoFuN']Ahhhh! TSW client d/l speed is slow (jumps between under 2 hours to 15 hours. Lol). Everyone that bought it on Amazon slowing it down? :)[/QUOTE]

WE'RE CRASHING THEIR DOWNLOAD SERVER! I bet Funcom is going "WTF" at this.

...or probably not. But yeah, it's really slow for me unless I devote 100% of my bandwidth to it. I might get 250k/s then if I'm lucky.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']It was in my store. When I got to Kingsmouth I did this:

2. Clicked on Store
  3. Clicked on Boosts
  4. There it was for 0 currency. I purchased it and found some sort of icon in my inventory.
Hope that helps![/QUOTE]

There, confirmation.

That's all we needed.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Someone stop me from buying X-Blades ($1.99). I bought the Blades of Time Collector's Edition when Tony had it on sale and I'm feeling OCD. By the way, Blades of Time is schlocky but entertaining. My only complaints include a rifle mechanic that feels hard to aim (I'm using an Xbox 360 controller and am used to KBM - maybe that's it?) and the time rewind mechanic which I'm a bit baffled by at times. I found it tricky to kill certain enemies using it but maybe that's just me as well.[/QUOTE]

i think you convinced me to get it too
if you get it, can you let me know if it activates on steam

[quote name='tham1988']i really wish the secret world activated on steam[/QUOTE]

Why the hell do I keep seeing this, there is absolutely nothing that the Steam version offers besides being tied to another layer of DRM.
Steam TSW doesn't use your steam account username, it doesn't have achievements or TF2 hats, and wouldn't even keep the game up to date (instead it would just download the first version + the launcher, then you would basically redownload the entire game as updates).

People need to fucking quit with this stupid Hoarders fetish shit with steam

[quote name='Lindor']I'd love to join in on the TSW funfest and play with ya'll but I think I have enough games now to last me for most of 2013 :p[/QUOTE]

Just 2013? I think I have enough games to last until 2060. Didn't stop me from buying more though. :p

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']If you got it it'll be in the store under that section. I haven't heard anyone come back to confirm it through here though. Everyone has been under the assumption that the initiate pack = issue 5. Or that because the downloader says issue 5... which are both incorrect. When someone comes back and specifically states it was in their store under redeem then it'll be confirmed. Until then, it's hearsay.

What they stated on their forum is that if the KEY is attached by Dec 2012, then you'll get Issue 5 free. So actually PLAYING isn't necessary to get the thing but since it's a day late, who knows.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']There, confirmation.

That's all we needed.[/QUOTE]

Sunghost also said a number of pages back that he got it, but you know how this thread goes. Imagine that, people miss stuff when replies are moving so quickly. ;)

[quote name='NeoGutsman']It was in my store. When I got to Kingsmouth I did this:

2. Clicked on Store
  3. Clicked on Boosts
Hope that helps![/QUOTE]

There for me as well and I bought this AM. Sorry if I mislead about the Issue 5 on the installer. I had thought thought that would be the easiest way for someone who had yet to even install the game much less see the menus. Didn't realize that wasn';t an indicator.

I still suspect that, given the linked timing, the Initiate Pack and Issue 5 can be considered linked for the purpose of these purchases since they both "expired" at the same time. That's all I meant.

[quote name='xRidley']Why the hell do I keep seeing this, there is absolutely nothing that the Steam version offers besides being tied to another layer of DRM.
Steam TSW doesn't use your steam account username, it doesn't have achievements or TF2 hats, and wouldn't even keep the game up to date (instead it would just download the first version + the launcher, then you would basically redownload the entire game as updates).

People need to fucking quit with this stupid Hoarders fetish shit with steam[/QUOTE]

Oh get the hell over it and don't be jerk. Let people want stuff where they want it. If they want to pay more or wish that it was Steam or whatever that is their business, not yours.

ETA: And you do get a Steam T-shirt and hoodie in game for buying it there so there is exclusive virtual crap, not hats but the same principle.

[quote name='Motoki']Oh get the hell over it and don't be jerk. Let people want stuff where they want it. If they want to pay more or wish that it was Steam or whatever that is their business, not yours.[/QUOTE]

thank you
you're my hero

Sweet, got TSW Grandmaster pack for only $199.00 after registering my account. Free lifetime play baby!! You guys should all jump on this before it expires.

[quote name='Motoki']

Sunghost also said a number of pages back that he got it, but you know how this thread goes. Imagine that, people miss stuff when replies are moving so quickly. ;)[/QUOTE]

Honestly can't keep track of every single thing :) But the sheer amount of speculation was the only reason I chimed in again.

Spending an inordinate amount of time in here today... I was really hoping for something interesting to pop sale-wise today.

You know what I want? Animal Crossing. That's the jones I've got going.

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']Honestly can't keep track of every single thing :) But the sheer amount of speculation was the only reason I chimed in again.

Spending an inordinate amount of time in here today... I was really hoping for something interesting to pop sale-wise today.

You know what I want? Animal Crossing. That's the jones I've got going.[/QUOTE]

Somebody needs to remake Animal Crossing or do it for the PC. I'm not too adult to admit I loved that game. :p

[quote name='Lastierb']Sweet, got TSW Grandmaster pack for only $199.00 after registering my account. Free lifetime play baby!! You guys should all jump on this before it expires. [/QUOTE]

I can't tell if this is sarcasm. Because honestly the GM packs get quite a few of pretty damned cool bonuses.

Just like the December sale for the yearly sub. You get a year sub for 90 (I think it's $180 regularly) bucks. But you get 1200 points a month ($12) AND the guarantee that if there is DLC for sale it WON'T be more than 1200 pts for you.

GM's get that PLUS 20% discount in the store AND all the monthly items that they're releasing. That's pretty damned premium (even though the game went B2P under their feet)

Motoki.... first new AC is out over in Japan. Due in NA for the first half of 2013... AC New Leaf . It's NEW not remade. :)

[quote name='Motoki']Oh get the hell over it and don't be jerk. Let people want stuff where they want it. If they want to pay more or wish that it was Steam or whatever that is their business, not yours.[/QUOTE]

This is CAG you fuck ing moron. Paying more to get something with no more functionality isn't very CAG like now is it?

Not surprising the veterans (ie people registered here for nearly a decade and understand the point of this site) and the little middle school kiddies who registered this/last year have different opinions.

[quote name='Motoki']It shows up under Boost packs for 0 coins in the store I believe, but you have to have created a character first. Also the launcher should say something about Magazine #5 version of the game.

So far it seems like everyone buying the game today is getting it.

AFAIK yes.[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing past owners of TSW don't get in on the Initiate Pack gravy train, do they? I realized I'd already bought this game ages ago when I started reinstalling everything earlier, which is a bummer for the money I spent and probably not getting anything from having bought it pre-B2P update. Oh well.

Going back through my email, it looks like I've got 5 coupons to blow. The question is, what do I get?If only Coconut Queen was an EC game...

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']Motoki.... first new AC is out over in Japan. Due in NA for the first half of 2013... AC New Leaf . It's NEW not remade. :)[/QUOTE]
Oh shit, and I just got a 3DS too. Please tell me they added back rooms from AC:WW. I was so bummed when they took them out for the Wii one. I loved having so many sets of furniture.

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']I can't tell if this is sarcasm. Because honestly the GM packs get quite a few of pretty damned cool bonuses.

Just like the December sale for the yearly sub. You get a year sub for 9 bucks. But you get 1200 points a month ($12) AND the guarantee that if there is DLC for sale it WON'T be more than 1200 pts for you.

GM's get that PLUS 20% discount in the store AND all the monthly items that they're releasing. That's pretty damned premium (even though the game went B2P under their feet)[/QUOTE]

FWIW, when I activated my TSW copy it came with a free 30 days of membership, which is a bit of a moot point I guess right now but if you do want some of the store stuff it does get you another 10% off.

I can't recall if it automatically went to the 30 days membership I had to manually start it in my account info but I think it was the latter.

[quote name='xRidley']This is CAG you fuck ing moron. Paying more to get something with no more functionality isn't very CAG like now is it?[/QUOTE]

No you shut the fuck up you worthless rude fuck! People like you and your shitty attitude are ruining this thread. Look if I want a god damned Game on Steam or Origin or a purple Banna from Mars client that is my own god damned business!

I don't know why so many people get a wedgy up their ass about this issue but they need to butt the fuck out of other people's business.

You can get straight to hell and my ignore list!

[quote name='Motoki']FWIW, when I activated my TSW copy it came with a free 30 days of membership, which is a bit of a moot point I guess right now but if you do want some of the store stuff it does get you another 10% off.

I can't recall if it automatically went to the 30 days membership I had to manually start it in my account info but I think it was the latter.[/QUOTE]

Nah, it's auto when you buy the game. You have to type in sub stuff to keep it going. You'll get your 1200 pts after 30 quests completed. Also, don't forget to do Polaris to get your XP ring. Helps early on. XP Ring is good through like 2,000,000XP.

Tell'm Motoki. Same with that guy from earlier that was :censored: so much that Tony is only updating once a day now. Ridiculous.

[quote name='contej85']Are people still getting all the extra Secret World content currently?

This will determine if I buy nor not.[/QUOTE]

I did just a little big ago.

FWIW - it's just 35min now 'til it's Jan 2nd wherever TSW is HQed. Just mention this in case Jan 2nd ends up being the cut-off.

So, my suggestion might be to decide within the next half-hr.

[quote name='xRidley']This is CAG you fuck ing moron. Paying more to get something with no more functionality isn't very CAG like now is it?

Not surprising the veterans (ie people registered here for nearly a decade and understand the point of this site) and the little middle school kiddies who registered this/last year have different opinions.[/QUOTE]

Calm down dude. Some of us have a shit-ton of games, so it helps to collect them all in a centralized location (aka Steam) for convenience. If not for Steam, there would be no way that I'd be able to keep track of all the PC games I have. Quit hatin'

Question. I have Mass Effect 1 and 2. I haven't played through either. I'm gonna try to sometime this year though. New Years resolution and all.

Should I go ahead and get ME3? Is it worth $5 more for the digital deluxe edition? Or should I wait until I've finished the other two, OR it goes below a certain price?

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Someone stop me from buying X-Blades ($1.99). I bought the Blades of Time Collector's Edition when Tony had it on sale and I'm feeling OCD. By the way, Blades of Time is schlocky but entertaining. My only complaints include a rifle mechanic that feels hard to aim (I'm using an Xbox 360 controller and am used to KBM - maybe that's it?) and the time rewind mechanic which I'm a bit baffled by at times. I found it tricky to kill certain enemies using it but maybe that's just me as well.[/QUOTE]

it was much cheaper in a bundle before. you are getting ripped off. you feel better now?

http://groupees.com/bm5

[quote name='Tolyngee']I did just a little big ago.

FWIW - it's just 35min now 'til it's Jan 2nd wherever TSW is HQed. Just mention this in case Jan 2nd ends up being the cut-off.

So, my suggestion might be to decide within the next half-hr.[/QUOTE]

Already decided. Got copies for my g/f and I. Hope I get the bonus stuff!

[quote name='Seth Oriath']Question. I have Mass Effect 1 and 2. I haven't played through either. I'm gonna try to sometime this year though. New Years resolution and all.

Should I go ahead and get ME3? Is it worth $5 more for the digital deluxe edition? Or should I wait until I've finished the other two, OR it goes below a certain price?[/QUOTE]

If you can, play them in order as your saves transfer from 1 to 2 to 3. And yes, the deluxe version is worth the extra $5 for the From Ashes DLC which is valued at $10 on it's own (Bioware pretty much never puts DLC on sale).

[quote name='Seth Oriath']Question. I have Mass Effect 1 and 2. I haven't played through either. I'm gonna try to sometime this year though. New Years resolution and all.

Should I go ahead and get ME3? Is it worth $5 more for the digital deluxe edition? Or should I wait until I've finished the other two, OR it goes below a certain price?[/QUOTE]

The Deluxe version is worth it because it comes with $10 DLC (the extra character with his missions normally go for $10), plus a few tiny bonuses here and there (I rather like the casual N7 hoodie). If you haven't finished the other two definitely wait, it'll drop in price.

[quote name='lassiterb']Calm down dude. Some of us have a shit-ton of games, so it helps to collect them all in a centralized location (aka Steam) for convenience. If not for Steam, there would be no way that I'd be able to keep track of all the PC games I have. Quit hatin'[/QUOTE]

I use a spreadsheet for all of my games. Even easier than Steam, as I can keep track of whatever stats I want to about each game, and make notes about whatever mod(s) are good to use. Etc etc etc.

I LOVED the tank from ME1... used to be my favorite part of ME.. (I know, I'm in the minority SO much that they completely removed it). ME2 was REALLY good storywise. ME3 was great (until the final scene, I never saw the redone scene though). As long as you want the TRILOGY, I'd recommend it. From Ashes (which you get with the DDE) is almost necessary though if that's the Prothean mission.

[quote name='xRidley']This is CAG you fuck ing moron. Paying more to get something with no more functionality isn't very CAG like now is it?

Not surprising the veterans (ie people registered here for nearly a decade and understand the point of this site) and the little middle school kiddies who registered this/last year have different opinions.[/QUOTE]

You calling anyone a middle school kiddie with that tone is textbook irony.

I was thinking about getting TSW but as I was ready to check out, the scene shifted to one similar to my avatar and I decided not to (for now). I already have a large backlog and I'm not sure I'll be able to sink so many hours into it for the time being. :)

[quote name='contej85']Already decided. Got copies for my g/f and I. Hope I get the bonus stuff![/QUOTE]

Hurry up and register it as well then.

That's the deciding factor potentially. Not when bought, but when registered.

That's how I knew what time it was at their HQ. It notes the exact date/time you registered.

I'm jumping in on the tail-end of this conversation, but I don't think anyone needs to resort to attacking each other. I'm not accusing you of starting anything but I would discourage you and Motoki from continuing this if it's going to get this aggressive.

Varied opinions are fine but this is a bit much.

Quick question. Do you registered right after you were born?

Because you do sound like a pre-pubescent whiny kid right now.

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']I LOVED the tank from ME1... used to be my favorite part of ME.. (I know, I'm in the minority SO much that they completely removed it). [/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say I loved the Mako, but it was WAY better than the Hammerhead. I loathe the Hammerhead.

[quote name='Tolyngee']I use a spreadsheet for all of my games. Even easier than Steam, as I can keep track of whatever stats I want to about each game, and make notes about whatever mod(s) are good to use. Etc etc etc.[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree, though you can simply add links to non-Steam games so it's kinda a moot point.

My middle-ground is I buy Steam only outside of Blizzard games and MMOs. With stuff like Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2 not on there, it's obvious that style of game doesn't fit with the cut of profits Steam takes.

[quote name='tfr']it was much cheaper in a bundle before. you are getting ripped off. you feel better now?

http://groupees.com/bm5[/QUOTE]

Oh man, THANK YOU! I actually bought that bundle but forgot to register X-Blades. You saved me a couple of dollars!

EDIT: Ack, I also have a Garshasp: The Monster Slayer Steam key from BM3... which I also forgot to register. Guess I didn't have to buy it from Amazon last month after all. I really need to dig back and update my PCDD spreadsheet. It's been a few months ;)

[quote name='Tolyngee']I use a spreadsheet for all of my games. Even easier than Steam, as I can keep track of whatever stats I want to about each game, and make notes about whatever mod(s) are good to use. Etc etc etc.[/QUOTE]

I think I used to cheat off of you in physics class.

No part of what you just described is easier than Steam.

You're confusing "easy" and "more versatile".

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back