Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tham1988']damn it
i'm gonna hold out on the secret world
i'm sure i'll regret it but i need to go to sleep[/QUOTE]

People who hold out become sexually repressed later in life. I'd pay the $12.99 now for your future well being.

Alright, I got on the gravy train and purchased the Secret World. When I go to the patcher it says version: Issue 5 that means I got the December bonuses right?

For anyone wondering, I just purchased it at 11:33pm est, so assuming issue 5 is the December bonus, it's still active as of 11:33pm est.

[quote name='Mippo']Alright, I got on the gravy train and purchased the Secret World. When I go to the patcher it says version: Issue 5 that means I got the December bonuses right?

For anyone wondering, I just purchased it at 11:33pm est, so assuming issue 5 is the December bonus, it's still active as of 11:33pm est.[/QUOTE]
You won't know until you get to Kingsmouth and can "claim" issue #5.

I was able to access Issue 5 in the item store, where it showed up for zero points. Check the item store and see if you have it listed in there.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']NBA 2k13 for $10 or Most Wanted for $25?[/QUOTE]

I'd say NBA. Most Wanted will come down more and isn't that great.

[quote name='SCMoney360']Most wanted, definitely.
And add some people on origin, hella fun.[/QUOTE]
You could've gotten it for $20 with no coupon during its December sale lol. Some of these prices aren't really worth looking at unless you missed a sale.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']People who hold out become sexually repressed later in life. I'd pay the $12.99 now for your future well being.[/QUOTE]

Nba for sure, if you into sports games, best nba ever. Alot improoved from 2k12. Nfs idk, not for that price.

And everything gets price drops, except walking dead :(

About 20 minutes ago, I was still able to claim Issue 5 for 0 credits. Right after I got to Kingsmouth. Just throwing that out there.

[quote name='Mippo']Alright, I got on the gravy train and purchased the Secret World. When I go to the patcher it says version: Issue 5 that means I got the December bonuses right?

For anyone wondering, I just purchased it at 11:33pm est, so assuming issue 5 is the December bonus, it's still active as of 11:33pm est.[/QUOTE]

Can you please tell us if you got the contents of the Initiate Pack? Confirming issue#5 takes a lot more time, but that should be viewable with your account right away.

[quote name='jmbreci']Just purchased TSW & sent Idiotekque a friend request on Steam. Does TSW activate on Steam when purchased through Amazon?[/QUOTE]

Amazon's TSW activates via its own client. Don't PM Idiotekque here! Contact him via one of the two methods below:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/idiotekque/

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TSWoC

The Steam group is just to corral all of us message-wise and share our TSW IDs. There's also info on the CAG TSW page on linking the non-Steam TSW to Steam so that you at least get the Steam overlay.

Someone correct that if I got any of it wrong.

EDIT: Corrected the way to contact Idiotekque. Thanks asheskitty and Idiotekque!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to say fuck y'all for making me buy TSW, lol. Now once I get this thing installed, how far is Kingsmouth?

Jeebus, 15.4gb download, I'm gonna be up a while.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Amazon's TSW activates via its own client. Just send Idiotekque a PM with your Steam ID to add you to the CAG group. The Steam group is just to corral all of us message-wise and share our TSW IDs. There's also info on the CAG TSW page on linking the non-Steam TSW to Steam so that you at least get the Steam overlay.

Someone correct that if I got any of it wrong. TL;DR: PM Idiotekque ;D[/QUOTE]

He said *don't* PM him. Contact him on steam
http://steamcommunity.com/id/idiotekque/

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TSWoC

[quote name='Ygh9RbNaijteh']Can you please tell us if you got the contents of the Initiate Pack? Confirming issue#5 takes a lot more time, but that should be viewable with your account right away.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I did. Under Account Details, Your Products: Initiate Pack was listed there. I purchased at 11:33 EST, 1/1/2013.

EDIT: Looks like Mippo beat me to it.

After registering your key at Funcom's site, you can find details about your account under Account Details. I bought this at 11:00 PM CST and registered shortly thereafter.

Under 'Your Products', I see Initiate Pack.
Under 'Your Items', I see The Blood Raven, Set of Weaponry, and Faction Leather Jackets.

This may be another way to validate you got the December only bonuses. I am still downloading the game, so I can't verify yet.

[quote name='asheskitty']I see you got your first issue sorted =)

Yeah, the rifle mechanic is the lowpoint. It's not really that bad though. For some sequences it did having me reaching for the mouse to shoot. For actual shooting I like the machine gun or skyguard rifle.

The Time Rewind mechanic is pretty important. It works like this:
  • You depress the rewind button to rewind for longer. You can rewind multiple times for multiple copies. For certain bits of combat I fought alongside 4-6 copies of myself.
  • When time resumes, the old copy of you does exactly whatever you did. Enemy mobs to not do *exactly* the same thing they did before, they are reacting to the situation the multiple you (plural) are creating -- but it's generally close enough to not notice.
  • The multiple you (plural) create two general effects. The first is burst damage. This is pretty important for some encounters (notably the magic-bubble shields). It can be just plain helpful anytime though. The second effect is that the past versions of you can act as decoys so you can get behind/past enemies (notably that creature you cannot kill and the guys with canisters on their backs).
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that info! We sure have come a long way since the ghost ninjas in Ninja Gaiden II, haven't we? Anyway, I look forward to beating this game over time.

[quote name='akitafuki']EDIT: Looks like Mippo beat me to it.

After registering your key at Funcom's site, you can find details about your account under Account Details. I bought this at 11:00 PM CST and registered shortly thereafter.

Under 'Your Products', I see Initiate Pack.
Under 'Your Items', I see The Blood Raven, Set of Weaponry, and Faction Leather Jackets.

This may be another way to validate you got the December only bonuses. I am still downloading the game, so I can't verify yet.[/QUOTE]

So if we got the Initiate Pack, does that mean we have the December Bonus? It won't let me access the Item Store to check on Issue #5. Do I need to race somewhere to get it because I'd rather not stay up until 5AM trying to get some free content lol and it looks like it is going to take a few hours to download.

[quote name='deathfromace']I just bought Hotline Miami as it said I would get a 5$ credit for it..how long does it take to get the credit?[/QUOTE]

If your talking about the $5 promo credits, that ended yesterday Dec. 31st

[quote name='deathfromace']Seems to still be up here http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...?ie=UTF8&docId=1000716161&plgroup=1&plpage=19

But they have did a horrible job on the page as now I have to contact customer service as some of the games listed as having the 5$ credit don't.[/QUOTE]

In addition to the deals below, we're going to send a $5 credit to anyone who purchases any title from the Digital Games store between now and the end of the year.

[quote name='deathfromace']Seems to still be up here http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...?ie=UTF8&docId=1000716161&plgroup=1&plpage=19

But they have did a horrible job on the page as now I have to contact customer service as some of the games listed as having the 5$ credit don't.[/QUOTE]

Looks like they need to edit the text:

In addition to the deals below, we're going to send a $5 credit to anyone who purchases any title from the Digital Games store between now and the end of the year. That $5 credit can be used in the month of January 2013 on any of our 2012 Editor's Choice Games.

To be fair, they were referring to whenever the promo started (~November 2012 I think) through to December 31, 2012. The promo has officially ended, sorry :(

[quote name='dobedobedo']Dammit, I need to shut down this computer right now before I give in to the TSW peer pressure! Almost hit the buy button twice![/QUOTE]

I gave in and bought it.

[quote name='xanchui']In addition to the deals below, we're going to send a $5 credit to anyone who purchases any title from the Digital Games store between now and the end of the year. [/QUOTE]

The deals are still on the games so I'm a bit disappointed on that...

[quote name='Mippo']So if we got the Initiate Pack, does that mean we have the December Bonus? It won't let me access the Item Store to check on Issue #5. Do I need to race somewhere to get it because I'd rather not stay up until 5AM trying to get some free content lol and it looks like it is going to take a few hours to download.[/QUOTE]

It looks like it, but I don't have the game dl'ed yet to verify. Seeing as how my account details says I have the bonus items, then I wouldn't worry too much. Nothing to lose sleep over.

[quote name='deathfromace']The deals are still on the games so I'm a bit disappointed on that...[/QUOTE]

Tony said that they'll be adding games and deals as the month goes on, so don't worry. You won't get the $5 off, but I think he'll continue to surprise us with good deals.

I'm confused as to whether it's possible to add TSW to Steam or not. Idiot said that if you were anal about it, you could. Does that mean the key redeems, or he meant through "add non-steam game to library"? Has anyone tried to redeem TSW on Steam yet?

So after buying a few games today with the credits, I wanted to go and count how many games I bought during the $5 promotion to see how many credits I have left and if I should use them sparingly. I have 16 promotional credits left after my purchases today, I had 20 in total and that's counting bundles as one.

I don't know if that makes me an obsessive compulsive shopper, or congratulations to Tony on all of these amazing deals. What's scary is I didn't even realize I bought that many games. I guess what I'm saying is, I need a lot more great deals this month to use my 16 remaining $5 credits! Make it happen Tony!

[quote name='walkonshadows']I'm confused as to whether it's possible to add TSW to Steam or not. Idiot said that if you were anal about it, you could. Does that mean the key redeems, or he meant through "add non-steam game to library"? Has anyone tried to redeem TSW on Steam yet?[/QUOTE]

It's an EA game. Most EA games do not register onSteam. They register on Origin.

No where on the page does it say it will register on Steam. So chances are it won't.

In the comments there is this:
Can This Be Activated On Steam? No, it does not activate on steam.
17 days ago by Weston Jones | See all 4 posts

[quote name='walkonshadows']I'm confused as to whether it's possible to add TSW to Steam or not. Idiot said that if you were anal about it, you could. Does that mean the key redeems, or he meant through "add non-steam game to library"? Has anyone tried to redeem TSW on Steam yet?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Guerrilla']Gotta buy TSW on Steam for it to be on Steam. Same as other EA games.[/QUOTE]
Yup, same as always.

Look on the bright side, when you add it as a non-Steam game you can name it whatever you want!

I purchased the Kingdoms of Amalur bundle, and I have a question.

Really, this question applies to any PC game that has DLC with it, not just KoA. I'm an old-school gamer, I'm not used to this DLC thing. :p

The question is: if I bought something that also had DLC codes, should I wait to redeem those until I'm ready to use them? Or would it be best to redeem it altogether? Or will it matter at all (i.e. installing a DLC that changes the game dramatically before I've even played it once)?

I'm sorry if this seems like a simple question, I'm just not used to added content like this; more used to expansions and whatnot.

After buying The Secret World & BF3 Premium, and then looking at some of the other great deals, I realize I should of bought more beforehand to get more Editor's Choice coupons, lol.

Why would anyone need to activate an MMO anywhere? They all come with their own launchers to do everything.

[quote name='Seth Oriath']I purchased the Kingdoms of Amalur bundle, and I have a question.

Really, this question applies to any PC game that has DLC with it, not just KoA. I'm an old-school gamer, I'm not used to this DLC thing. :p

The question is: if I bought something that also had DLC codes, should I wait to redeem those until I'm ready to use them? Or would it be best to redeem it altogether? Or will it matter at all (i.e. installing a DLC that changes the game dramatically before I've even played it once)?

I'm sorry if this seems like a simple question, I'm just not used to added content like this; more used to expansions and whatnot.[/QUOTE]

These are great questions! The broad answer is that it really depends on the game. DLC for, say, Borderlands 2 can be installed/registered immediately since you don't access it until you want to (the Mechromancer class, the two extra areas - Captain Scarlett and Mr. Torgue). On the flipside, Saints Row: The Third's Bloodsucker DLC should not be installed unless you absolutely want to suck blood instead of doing the other kinds of kill moves - permanently. That got a bunch of people in a (justifiable) nit since it should be toggled as an option.

Sorry that doesn't answer your question, but certainly ask here or on the game's forum if you're unsure. It's always a good thing to know how a download could effect your game :)

Oh, and KoA's DLC is something I haven't dealt with yet. Someone want to field that? ;)

OK, Just to let everyone know, I literally just bought this from Amazon at Jan 2, 1:00 AM EST. I registered with my product code as fast as I could, and the Initiate Pack, Blood Raven, Set of Weaponry, and Faction Leather Jacket all show up on my accout page. This was the time stamp on my receipt (Funcom registration) Created 2013-01-02 06:03. So, it's still hot for all you late to the party and unsure if it will get you the bonuses.

Is there any chance of LA Noire making it on to the editor's choice list, or are X-Com: Enemy Unknown, NBA 2K13, and Borderlands 2 the only 2K Games titles that will be added?

[quote name='Idiotekque']Yup, same as always.

Look on the bright side, when you add it as a non-Steam game you can name it whatever you want![/QUOTE]
is that why I see people playing secret lives of american teenagers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back