Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Seth Oriath']I purchased the Kingdoms of Amalur bundle, and I have a question.

Really, this question applies to any PC game that has DLC with it, not just KoA. I'm an old-school gamer, I'm not used to this DLC thing. :p

The question is: if I bought something that also had DLC codes, should I wait to redeem those until I'm ready to use them? Or would it be best to redeem it altogether? Or will it matter at all (i.e. installing a DLC that changes the game dramatically before I've even played it once)?

I'm sorry if this seems like a simple question, I'm just not used to added content like this; more used to expansions and whatnot.[/QUOTE]
With KOA, just register it right away. It won't affect gameplay until you want to do the DLC content.

[quote name='Larce80']is that why I see people playing secret lives of american teenagers?[/QUOTE]
Probably a different game, I'm thinking.

[quote name='Seth Oriath']I purchased the Kingdoms of Amalur bundle, and I have a question.

Really, this question applies to any PC game that has DLC with it, not just KoA. I'm an old-school gamer, I'm not used to this DLC thing. :p

The question is: if I bought something that also had DLC codes, should I wait to redeem those until I'm ready to use them? Or would it be best to redeem it altogether? Or will it matter at all (i.e. installing a DLC that changes the game dramatically before I've even played it once)?

I'm sorry if this seems like a simple question, I'm just not used to added content like this; more used to expansions and whatnot.[/QUOTE]

It totally varies. Some DLC are base game altering expansions (like Diablo II: Lord of Destruction), some are purely separate content, some are side quests/areas mid-way through the base game, some are just clothes/items. A few games have loaders that let you choose which expansions/DLC you want to run with.

I just activate all my DLC whenever I buy it. In general it improves (or at least doesn't hurt) the experience. If you are concerned about base-game altering expansions, you'll have to check on a case by case basis.

Oh, and I tried downloading through Amazon, it literally just points you to a locally downloaded html page that instructs you to download it from funcom. Downloading at 3.80 MB/Sec. though.

[quote name='walkonshadows']OK, Just to let everyone know, I literally just bought this from Amazon at Jan 2, 1:00 AM EST. I registered with my product code as fast as I could, and the Initiate Pack, Blood Raven, Set of Weaponry, and Faction Leather Jacket all show up on my accout page. This was the time stamp on my receipt (Funcom registration) Created 2013-01-02 06:03. So, it's still hot for all you late to the party and unsure if it will get you the bonuses.[/QUOTE]

Whoohoo! One of us, one of us! That does seem to add evidence to my suspicion that they will give the bonuses until the 7th (based on their subscription promo). It's good for them anyhow. They really need to get more people to buy it now (before the next B2P MMO comes along).

[quote name='tfr']The download size for TSW is 15.4GB. The install size is 37.1GB. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

You're right. My WoW install only clocks in at 20 GB (though it's known for it's cartoony style and thus doesn't have detailed textures).

[quote name='walkonshadows']Oh, and I tried downloading through Amazon, it literally just points you to a locally downloaded html page that instructs you to download it from funcom. Downloading at 3.80 MB/Sec. though.[/QUOTE]

For MMOs just let their installer/patcher handle it. The best my connection can do is 650 MB/s... I live in the bandwidth ghetto. I can't even stream 1080p youtube.

[quote name='asheskitty']Whoohoo! One of us, one of us! That does seem to add evidence to my suspicion that they will give the bonuses until the 7th (based on their subscription promo). It's good for them anyhow. They really need to get more people to buy it now (before the next B2P MMO comes along).[/QUOTE]

Damn it! I knew that I saw a post saying they extended it to the first week of January, got a link?

UPDATE: I think I found it:
Screen_Hunter.jpg

[quote name='NeoGutsman']These are great questions! The broad answer is that it really depends on the game. DLC for, say, Borderlands 2 can be installed/registered immediately since you don't access it until you want to (the Mechromancer class, the two extra areas - Captain Scarlett and Mr. Torgue). On the flipside, Saints Row: The Third's Bloodsucker DLC should not be installed unless you absolutely want to suck blood instead of doing the other kinds of kill moves - permanently. That got a bunch of people in a (justifiable) nit since it should be toggled as an option.

Sorry that doesn't answer your question, but certainly ask here or on the game's forum if you're unsure. It's always a good thing to know how a download could effect your game :) [/QUOTE]

[quote name='Idiotekque']With KOA, just register it right away. It won't affect gameplay until you want to do the DLC content.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='asheskitty']It totally varies. Some DLC are base game altering expansions (like Diablo II: Lord of Destruction), some are purely separate content, some are side quests/areas mid-way through the base game, some are just clothes/items. A few games have loaders that let you choose which expansions/DLC you want to run with.

I just activate all my DLC whenever I buy it. In general it improves (or at least doesn't hurt) the experience. If you are concerned about base-game altering expansions, you'll have to check on a case by case basis.[/QUOTE]

Thanks you all! I'll keep all of that in mind and will try to be aware of what the different DLCs do before installing, just in case.

[quote name='MysterD']This is about Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga - DRM FREE Versions (the versions without Steam).
Steam-versions automatically will get/got updated to Divinity II: Director's Cut Edition [/QUOTE]

Well, technically, the Steam version was not updated or re-branded to Developer's Cut, rather the Developer's Cut was added as a separate game.
So, not sure how that would work, but it's doubtful that you'd get the game extra from anywhere else, as I don't think Amazon has a way to retroactively give games like Steam (Steam does it basically as 'subscriptions')

So I can basically play either version.
divinity.PNG

I got the original game for free as part of a beta or something.. I still need to finish playing, so Developer's Cut will probably be the version I play.

Just another game on my list of games I need to finish playing eventually.
This evening I deleted my Windows partition in order to re-install it with more space. 200GB instead of 95GB. Woo!

Now I'm downloading The Secret World, XCOM Enemy Unknown, Spec Ops: The Line, Max Payne 3, Mass Effect (so I can play through 1, 2, and then finally 3 which I just bought... curse you Tony!!!), Hitman Absolution, Dishonored, and Assassin's Creed 3.

Not to mention ongoing playing of Diablo 3, Borderlands 2, Skyrim, and whatever other systems I own.
I may have a problem...

Oh, and I hear a lot of good things about Guild Wars 2, so as I mentioned, that's on my look-out list.

Good thing that 2013 is looking dry so far in terms of new games that I'm looking at. Other than Starcraft 2 expansion.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Damn it! I knew that I saw a post saying they extended it to the first week of January, got a link?

UPDATE: I think I found it:
Screen_Hunter.jpg
[/QUOTE]

On your account page there should be a large banner on the left. It should take you to
https://register.thesecretworld.com/account/subscription/ctrl/tsw/YourTSWloginname/upgrade/TSW-SUB-DISCOUNT-DEC12

That seemed to promote subscription discounts that should have ended on 31 Dec, but now end on 7 Jan. BTW, the page lies, you can still revist that have after you've seen it the first time.

Edit: yeah, that in your image

I should quit while I'm ahead. Been spending more than I should on games this Xmas Season.
oimg

I know the sale season isn't quite over yet, but I should throw in my towel.

Huh, I have an existing TSW account from a few months ago that I just re-fired up today. I guess existing accounts don't get the goodies, just new ones or something. No Initiate Pack for me (no big deal) and no idea if I'll have access to the plot update.

[quote name='asheskitty']On your account page there should be a large banner on the left. It should take you to
https://register.thesecretworld.com/account/subscription/ctrl/tsw/YourTSWloginname/upgrade/TSW-SUB-DISCOUNT-DEC12

That seemed to promote subscription discounts that should have ended on 31 Dec, but now end on 7 Jan. BTW, the page lies, you can still revist that have after you've seen it the first time.

Edit: yeah, that in your image[/QUOTE]

OK, Next question. If subscription fees have been dropped, why buy a subscription?!? what subscribers get that freebies don't. I've looked at the pages, but there's no info that I can find, just "purchase now". The banner literally says "Pay Once, Play Forever." What am I missing?

[quote name='Draxus']Damn... I was debating buying Max Payne 3, finally decided to buy it and now it's unavailable.[/QUOTE]
Both Steam and non-Steam versions too! Did someone decide that $10 after coupon was too cheap? :whistle2:#

(Presumably Steam and non-Steam versions are separate stock-wise, and it seems odd that the non-Steam version would sell out anywhere near as quickly as the Steam version.)

[quote name='MrWhitey']Nba for sure, if you into sports games, best nba ever. Alot improoved from 2k12. Nfs idk, not for that price.

And everything gets price drops, except walking dead :([/QUOTE]

As a 2k player since the original Dreamcast NBA 2k, I have to disagree with 2k13 being the best. It has a lot of issues which 2k12 did not have. Honestly, I usually stop playing 2k games when a new one releases but have left 2k12 installed this year as it is better balanced and a better game really. 2k13 needs some major slider adjustments to even come close to 2k12 or even 2k11 (which might be superior to 2k12 as well actually).

[quote name='Larce80']is that why I see people playing secret lives of american teenagers?[/QUOTE]

The Secret World of Alex Mack FTW!!!!!! :)

[quote name='walkonshadows']OK, Next question. If subscription fees have been dropped, why buy a subscription?!? what subscribers get that freebies don't. I've looked at the pages, but there's no info that I can find, just "purchase now". The banner literally says "Pay Once, Play Forever." What am I missing?[/QUOTE]
Monthly points to use in the item store and some exclusive tchotchkes for things like "double xp for one hour, usable once daily".

[quote name='Idiotekque']With KOA, just register it right away. It won't affect gameplay until you want to do the DLC content.[/QUOTE]

I did accidentally wander into the DLC areas. Got some money and walked out. Though now I'm wondering if it capped the DLC areas as low-levelled areas.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Monthly points to use in the item store and some exclusive tchotchkes for things like "double xp for one hour, usable once daily".[/QUOTE]

That doesn't seem to justify the cost. What server should I choose? Since it seems I'll be stuck on it while soloing.

Hotline Miami sure is something. I fired it up an hour ago and was impressed by the presentation touches. Usually the post-modern "retro look" lacks the charm that inspired it, but this game takes things to a new, cool extreme. That music is really cool, too.

What control method do you folks usually use? I'm using my Xbox 360 controller but I think I might use my KB&M moving forward. I'm not a twin stick kind of person (yet?) mainly because I have done little gaming over the last few years using that play style.

Hotline Miami sure is something. I fired it up an hour ago and was impressed by the presentation touches. Usually the post-modern "retro look" lacks the charm that inspired it, but this game takes things to a new, cool extreme. That music is really cool, too.

What control method do you folks usually use? I'm using my Xbox 360 controller but I think I might use my KB&M moving forward. I'm not a twin stick kind of person (yet?) mainly because I have done little gaming over the last few years using that play style.

[quote name='walkonshadows']So, I've got 3 buddy invites to The Secret World, that let you try it out for 24 hours, any takers? All I need is an email.

1. Empty
2. Empty
3. Empty
[/QUOTE]
Whaaaat? Did you buy it on Steam or something?

Speaking of TSW, can I get any suggestions on better ways of downloading it? I have a shitty internet connection that tends to go in and out, and apparently when that happens, it completely cancels the download and makes me restart completely. I'm now trying to download TSW for the 4th time but since it is such a big file, I know my net will derp before it is done. Suggestions? =/

[quote name='Nidaba']Speaking of TSW, can I get any suggestions on better ways of downloading it? I have a shitty internet connection that tends to go in and out, and apparently when that happens, it completely cancels the download and makes me restart completely. I'm now trying to download TSW for the 4th time but since it is such a big file, I know my net will derp before it is done. Suggestions? =/[/QUOTE]
Nope. Amazon seems even slower.

Don't worry though, it will save your download progress if you net goes down or if you turn your PC off.

[quote name='Nidaba']Speaking of TSW, can I get any suggestions on better ways of downloading it? I have a shitty internet connection that tends to go in and out, and apparently when that happens, it completely cancels the download and makes me restart completely. I'm now trying to download TSW for the 4th time but since it is such a big file, I know my net will derp before it is done. Suggestions? =/[/QUOTE]

Are you downloading through Amazon? I just downloaded the client from the game website after registering the key and let it download from there.

[quote name='smurfinaus']Was going to end up buying TSW but some kind soul on another forum gifted the game to me. Like wow. Christmas allover again :)..[/QUOTE]

[quote name='smurfinaus']Was going to end up buying TSW but some kind soul on another forum gifted the game to me. Like wow. Christmas allover again :)..[/QUOTE]

Are you really going to post that every 9 minutes. We're all happy for you, let it go. :D

[quote name='walkonshadows']Are you really going to post that every 9 minutes. We're all happy for you, let it go. :D[/QUOTE]

LOL sorry message posting was hanging. But its an awesome surprise :). There really are some nice people out there. Now to download the gobs of GB that makes up the client file off my ISP (unmetered thank god)....

Hey, you can always re-gift to someone like me, ya know?

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Hotline Miami sure is something. I fired it up an hour ago and was impressed by the presentation touches. Usually the post-modern "retro look" lacks the charm that inspired it, but this game takes things to a new, cool extreme. That music is really cool, too.

What control method do you folks usually use? I'm using my Xbox 360 controller but I think I might use my KB&M moving forward. I'm not a twin stick kind of person (yet?) mainly because I have done little gaming over the last few years using that play style.[/QUOTE]

It feels like Twin Peaks the game made during the early 90s. It's fun, and unforgiving but I kind of like that.

That being said, I am an old PC gamer but much prefer the 360 controller in most games. But Hotline plays slow with the 360 pad due to how much aiming and locking on you need to do to be accurate.

[quote name='chapnis']Every time I buy something I tell myself to stop but can't... want to buy Hotline Miami but I shouldn't...[/QUOTE]

PM me if you still haven't already purchased it.

Just to confirm, today is the spec ops and the darkness 2 day, isn't it??? Seeing how MP3 ran out I'm waiting, and can wait a little longer but thought maybe I was confused about the day

[quote name='DonRamon']Just to confirm, today is the spec ops and the darkness 2 day, isn't it??? Seeing how MP3 ran out I'm waiting, and can wait a little longer but thought maybe I was confused about the day[/QUOTE]

Yes, but I believe Tony said it takes ~ 20 minutes for the changes to take affect sometimes

[quote name='walkonshadows']So, I've got 3 buddy invites to The Secret World, that let you try it out for 24 hours, any takers? All I need is an email.

1. gilby
2. Empty
3. Empty
[/QUOTE]

I'll take one if you still have them

[quote name='smurfinaus']LOL sorry message posting was hanging.[/QUOTE]

The same thing was happening to me. I've deleted one or two double posts today. Does CAG seem to hang a bit when posting for others, too?

I'll just pretend that I'm playing TSW while on Youtube since the Illuminati is mentioned in the comments for practically every video.

[quote name='Nidaba']Yes, but I believe Tony said it takes ~ 20 minutes for the changes to take affect sometimes[/QUOTE]

Cool, much gratitude for the reply.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']The same thing was happening to me. I've deleted one or two double posts today. Does CAG seem to hang a bit when posting for others, too?[/QUOTE]

Yup.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']The same thing was happening to me. I've deleted one or two double posts today. Does CAG seem to hang a bit when posting for others, too?[/QUOTE]
We're hosted by the resident cheapass, what do you think!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back