Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='espy605']It feels like Twin Peaks the game made during the early 90s. It's fun, and unforgiving but I kind of like that.

That being said, I am an old PC gamer but much prefer the 360 controller in most games. But Hotline plays slow with the 360 pad due to how much aiming and locking on you need to do to be accurate.[/QUOTE]

I was swearing no less than a minute into my first mission but I kept coming back for more pain. I think the quick restarts help.

[quote name='bshirk']I'll just pretend that I'm playing TSW while on Youtube since the Illuminati is mentioned in the comments for practically every video.[/QUOTE]

All of youtube seems to be blaming Katt Williams' dissent into madness on the Illuminati... unless that is what we are calling crack now, I don't get it.

Is there a way on Amazon to check how many promotional credits you have left?

[quote name='walkonshadows']So when does the installer for TSW actually stop? It said 15.4 gigs....it's still going at 15.7.[/QUOTE]

So, very soon after it hit 15.7 gigs downloaded, it said that "ERROR: Not all resources downloaded correctly, please restart the launcher" which I did. It said a previous install was detected and it was recommended to uninstall that before continueing. I chose NOT TO DELETE, and it is now re-downloading all of the files again....all of them.....all....of....them. Goodnight.

Folder it was installed to says 41.1 gigs. Tried the "Repair Broken Data" button in the launchers options and it did absolutely nothing. 2 minutes of scanning files, just to pop right back to re-downloading everything.

Don't know if it was mentioned earlier but looks like the "2K Strategy Super Pack" is also at $9.99 after coupon. Picked that up! Thank you for awesome deal!

Edit: Price fixed, it's back to 19.99 before coupon/14.99 after coupon

[quote name='walkonshadows']So when does the installer for TSW actually stop? It said 15.4 gigs....it's still going at 15.7.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it does that. I think those are the updates.

Well I'm happy, got Darkness 2 for $2.50 :) Wish amazon would price match steam on the Total War Grandmaster collection as I'd rather buy it from amazon :p

[quote name='tham1988']i think tony needs to get an intern[/QUOTE]

Interns with a stack of prewritten responses. I'm guessing that the overwhelming majority of the questions that pile up in Tony's inbox could (a) be answered by reading the thread, or (2) contacting Amazon CS. Throw in some canned text to say "Sorry, I can't give you Game X", or "I can't discuss the promos we're working on", and you've probably resolved 99% of his PMs.

Throw a second intern onto thread-monitoring duty, with the same prewritten responses. You'd only have to add a few more stock responses: Amazon doesn't price-match international sites, Amazon doesn't price-match flash sales, the Editor's Choice list will evolve throughout January, and so on.

Personally, I'd rather see Tony have more time to browbeat publishers into awesome sales, than deal with people who can't be bothered to do a minimal level of research into answering their own questions.

[quote name='limelisa6481']Don't know if it was mentioned earlier but looks like the "2K Strategy Super Pack" is also at $9.99 after coupon. Picked that up! Thank you for awesome deal![/QUOTE]
Nice find. I didn't want that pack that much, but at that price it's hard to pass it up.

[quote name='BrolyB593']So is Hotline Miami going to drop more or is $2.50 with the coupon the lowest it is going?[/QUOTE]

If you wait long enough I bet it'll be in an indie game pack, but for now, I really doubt it'll drop more considering the reviews and sales.

[quote name='chapnis']Seems unlikely that they will make it free, considering the withdrawal of the $5 Bioshock Dual Pack.[/QUOTE]

There's a possibility of it being free if another retailer has it for $5. Might get PM'd. Bioshock dual pack got taken down because it was never meant to be free, Tony made a mistake.

[quote name='plutoknight']WE'RE CRASHING THEIR DOWNLOAD SERVER! I bet Funcom is going "WTF" at this.

...or probably not. But yeah, it's really slow for me unless I devote 100% of my bandwidth to it. I might get 250k/s then if I'm lucky.[/QUOTE]

Actually, its their own fault. What kind of an installer crashes hours into a 16 GB download? I've tried it three times after blowing away all the data after the 2nd attempt didn't work.

Always on "patching resource database" 4/4.

[quote name='turls']Actually, its their own fault. What kind of an installer crashes hours into a 16 GB download? I've tried it three times after blowing away all the data after the 2nd attempt didn't work.

Always on "patching resource database" 4/4.[/QUOTE]
Wha? I shut my computer off and came back and it picked up right where I left off.

[quote name='turls']Actually, its their own fault. What kind of an installer crashes hours into a 16 GB download? I've tried it three times after blowing away all the data after the 2nd attempt didn't work.

Always on "patching resource database" 4/4.[/QUOTE]

This kept happening to me to, was what my earlier post was referring to. When it crashed it would not retain the download progress before. On my 4th try though, it did retain the info and finished up.

And now I am realizing that my pc is not up to the specs for this game. :lol: What I get for impulse buying. Oh well

[quote name='Nidaba']This kept happening to me to, was what my earlier post was referring to. When it crashed it would not retain the download progress before. On my 4th try though, it did retain the info and finished up.

And now I am realizing that my pc is not up to the specs for this game. :lol: What I get for impulse buying. Oh well[/QUOTE]
Play it on DX9, not DX11, set everything to low, and if that doesn't work, start cycling down your resolutions.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Play it on DX9, not DX11, set everything to low, and if that doesn't work, start cycling down your resolutions.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've been crashing constantly in the Secret World trying to run 1920x1200 resolution and DX11. You'd think an i7 and GTX 660 Ti could handle it, but reading on their forums apparently that's a pretty common issue.

I might have to swap down to DX9 and see if it's more stable, but I want my eye candy, darnit!

[quote name='Zerokoolpsx']Called Amazon cs to see if I could get a refund on 2k Strategy Super Pack since I bought it yesterday and it's $5 cheaper today. He offers a $5 promo credit. Not as good as a refund, but I'm planning to buy something from Amazon anyway. Checked http://www.amazon.com/2K-Strategy-S...115619&sr=1-1&keywords=2k+strategy+super+pack and it's back to $19.99. Wow, that was fast.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it was a glitch.

[quote name='Necrotron']Yeah, I've been crashing constantly in the Secret World trying to run 1920x1200 resolution and DX11. You'd think an i7 and GTX 660 Ti could handle it, but reading on their forums apparnetly that's a pretty common issue.

I might have to swap down to DX9 and see if it's more stable, but I want my eye candy, darnit![/QUOTE]
It's because the game is badly optimized on DX11 to nVidia cards. Hopefully it will be fixed, but in the meantime, using DX9 only loses you SSAO and tessellation. Normally I'd be bummed about no SSAO, but in this game I really can't notice the difference much. Tessellation is nice (bumpy ground), but really not that big of a deal.

I switched to DX9 and I can set everything to max no problem. Game looks great.

[quote name='iamanerd']Well I'm happy, got Darkness 2 for $2.50 :) Wish amazon would price match steam on the Total War Grandmaster collection as I'd rather buy it from amazon :p[/QUOTE]

I'll agree with this, a PM on the assorted games/bundles in the Total War series (75% off at steam) would be great.

[quote name='Nidaba']This kept happening to me to, was what my earlier post was referring to. When it crashed it would not retain the download progress before. On my 4th try though, it did retain the info and finished up.
[/QUOTE]

Except my internet isn't an issue. I've got 50 down/10 up, and it rarely hiccups.

[quote name='Zerokoolpsx']Called Amazon cs to see if I could get a refund on 2k Strategy Super Pack since I bought it yesterday and it's $5 cheaper today. He offers a $5 promo credit. Not as good as a refund, but I'm planning to buy something from Amazon anyway. Checked http://www.amazon.com/2K-Strategy-S...115619&sr=1-1&keywords=2k+strategy+super+pack and it's back to $19.99. Wow, that was fast.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, it was down to $15 pre-coupon? Wish I had seen that. I held off on buying that pack even though I had a 2K coupon burning a hole in my pocket because I was waiting for a super-duper complete version of Civ 5. For $10 dollars though, I would have definitely taken the plunge.

How long was it up for $15? Is this something that I managed to miss for the better part of a day?

EDIT: Oh I see that it was just a momentary glitch. Don't feel so bad about missing it now. I can't be watching this thread 24/7. So if something slips by, it slips by.

[quote name='The End']Whoa, it was down to $15 pre-coupon? Wish I had seen that. I held off on buying that pack even though I had a 2K coupon burning a hole in my pocket because I was waiting for a super-duper complete version of Civ 5. For $10 dollars though, I would have definitely taken the plunge.

How long was it up for $15? Is this something that I managed to miss for the better part of a day?[/QUOTE]Maybe 10-15 minutes. It was back to normal price right after I got off the phone with their cs.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Play it on DX9, not DX11, set everything to low, and if that doesn't work, start cycling down your resolutions.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, tried it with DX9 and low, and playing windowed seems to work ok enough. This is just my first experience with a game telling me my comp is below suggested requirements. My poor baby is old now I guess :cry:

But now that I finally have it working and Necrotron sent me a steam invite I will have to play with you guys!

[quote name='iamanerd']Well I'm happy, got Darkness 2 for $2.50 :) Wish amazon would price match steam on the Total War Grandmaster collection as I'd rather buy it from amazon :p[/QUOTE]

You better get it off from steam then.

Is Transformers Fall of Cybertron likely to drop in price anytime soon? ($29.99 Amazon, $24.99 Daily on Steam atm). Seems like newer games have been discounted a lot more but this game stays a bit on the high side :/.

Ahha, can get spec ops for 2.49$ now and I jumped at the chance to get it for 4.75 after coupon and trade in at GMG.

Oh well, I don't regret it! 4.75 was an amazing price

It's Activision. The only decent deal they've done in a while is with the Prototype franchise and that's probably because the second game was a huge bomb.

[quote name='inm8num2']The GamersGate glitches have invaded Amazon!

Sad I missed the 2K Strat pack at $14.99. I would have bitten.[/QUOTE]
Same here. $10 is a no-brainer, $15 is just a bit too much for me to add to my backlog.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Any idea if Dark Souls will go lower than $18? Also can the $5 coupons work on it?[/QUOTE]
No idea. Obviously.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Any idea if Dark Souls will go lower than $18? Also can the $5 coupons work on it?[/QUOTE]
Probably not and yes.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Yeah, it was a glitch.

It's because the game is badly optimized on DX11 to nVidia cards. Hopefully it will be fixed, but in the meantime, using DX9 only loses you SSAO and tessellation. Normally I'd be bummed about no SSAO, but in this game I really can't notice the difference much. Tessellation is nice (bumpy ground), but really not that big of a deal.

I switched to DX9 and I can set everything to max no problem. Game looks great.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll just give it a run in DX9 then and be done with it.

Only way Dark Souls goes lower than $18 (before coupon) is via price match and I don't see Gamestop or Gamefly doing that this sale cycle.

[quote name='bshirk']I'll just pretend that I'm playing TSW while on Youtube since the Illuminati is mentioned in the comments for practically every video.[/QUOTE]

Well, the Internet is pretty much The Secret World in real life. "Imagine if every conspiracy theory were actually true."

Need some opinions:

I have 1 of the 2k coupons. The only 2 games I'm looking at is Spec ops, and nba2k13.

I'm not a basketball fan at all (in fact, not a fan of any sports) and the last basketball game i played was nba jam for snes. But, id get more hours of play from nba2k13 than spec ops.

Spec ops to me looks like a better quality game, in terms of it having a good story line, and action based (but i heard its short).

So....thoughts? :\

To those on the fence about KOA, go get it fast! I've been playing it for about 2 hours and is a blast. I really like the combat system. The only annoying thing is the FOV, but I see there is a generic fix that I'll be trying tonight.

[quote name='nosferatu51']I keep seeing the term FOV lately and had never seen it before. What does it stand for?[/QUOTE]

field of view (the perspective you look at when playing)

yeah, and it's something incredibly important for PC gaming because everyone games on different setups unlike consoles where it's assumed you are using a 16:9 TV and sitting a certain distance from the TV.

An FOV slider should be a required element of any and all 3D games on PC but it seems to slip the minds of many developers.

[quote name='n0id']Need some opinions:

I have 1 of the 2k coupons. The only 2 games I'm looking at is Spec ops, and nba2k13.

I'm not a basketball fan at all (in fact, not a fan of any sports) and the last basketball game i played was nba jam for snes. But, id get more hours of play from nba2k13 than spec ops.

Spec ops to me looks like a better quality game, in terms of it having a good story line, and action based (but i heard its short).

So....thoughts? :\[/QUOTE]

[FONT=&quot]The promotional credit must be used by December 31, 2012[/FONT]

this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back