Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crimsonassassin']As a 2k player since the original Dreamcast NBA 2k, I have to disagree with 2k13 being the best. It has a lot of issues which 2k12 did not have. Honestly, I usually stop playing 2k games when a new one releases but have left 2k12 installed this year as it is better balanced and a better game really. 2k13 needs some major slider adjustments to even come close to 2k12 or even 2k11 (which might be superior to 2k12 as well actually).[/QUOTE]

I already bought 12 as someone had a link to rosters for 12 that go all the way back to 1987.

Does 13 have this? Just asking if I should go ahead and still buy 13 as well.

[quote name='Tolyngee']I already bought 12 as someone had a link to rosters for 12 that go all the way back to 1987.

Does 13 have this? Just asking if I should go ahead and still buy 13 as well.[/QUOTE]

Personally, 2K13's incremental improvements don't justify getting it when you just invested in 2K12. It's essentially a roster update with a few more shinies (and missing a few major ones from the console version). You can play 2K12 with the ultimate rosters for a year and be quite happy; then look at 2K14 next Christmas. :bouncy:

[quote name='Dreamweaver7']Personally, 2K13's incremental improvements don't justify getting it when you just invested in 2K12. It's essentially a roster update with a few more shinies (and missing a few major ones from the console version). You can play 2K12 with the ultimate rosters for a year and be quite happy; then look at 2K14 next Christmas. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

2K14 should be a blast: play as the Clippers as they go on an historic win streak (that just snapped last night), or play as the Lakers as they battle for top spot in the draft lottery?

Plus 2k13 in my opinion leaves out so much from the console version this year it becomes almost unplayable. A lot of the game is tied to Virtual Currency that isn't even on PC, including a lot of historic teams etc. The dunk/3p contest isnt there, blacktop 3v3, it's really hard to level your player in My Career because you're supposed to get more points than you do on PC thanks to the hack job.

it's the least playable nba 2k on PC to date imo. The core game is fine, mods make up for a bit, but even at a reduced price it's getting to the point where Fifa games used to be ancient PS2 versions on PC for no reason.

[quote name='oscargrouch']Got to figure Max Payne just ran out of keys. Right?[/QUOTE]
Something doesn't seem right for it just to have run out of keys.

[quote name='hal']Bought Kingdoms of Amalur Complete for $10. Heck of a deal!

XCOM for $20 is very tempting.[/QUOTE]

I paid full price for Xcom and it was worth it.....

You guys think we'll see Hotline Miami for $5? So it's effectively free with the credits? Last year I grabbed two copies of Duke Nukem Forever and GTA 4 for free with the credits.

[quote name='smurfinaus']Is Transformers Fall of Cybertron likely to drop in price anytime soon? ($29.99 Amazon, $24.99 Daily on Steam atm). Seems like newer games have been discounted a lot more but this game stays a bit on the high side :/.[/QUOTE]

You are from Australia, right ? :D

Transformers FOC in Australian Steam Store is $10 cheaper than all other regions ($50 vs $60) so with 50% off, it is $24.99 for you but $29.99 for everybody else

[quote name='juanjava']To those on the fence about KOA, go get it fast! I've been playing it for about 2 hours and is a blast. I really like the combat system. The only annoying thing is the FOV, but I see there is a generic fix that I'll be trying tonight.[/QUOTE]

I am using Flawless Widescreen for KOA and many other games. It fixes games with bad or no Eyefinity (Multimonitor) support and FOV is the most important thing in multimonitor

27695730.jpg

Here is an example of different FOV values:

reckoning20130102154735.jpg

reckoning20130102154711.jpg

Dear Tony,
This is the third Airmech pack Amazon is offering to me. I like promotions and getting free stuff but can't you get a better randomizer? As far as I know I can't give that to someone else either.
Thanks for bringing Awesome to this sale.
Mavromatis Lozay

Hmm sounds like I'll pass on 2k13 then. It'd be nice if Steam would put the 2k sports games on a daily, I'd get 2k12 if it were down to $5. Well or Amazon but they've already got this deal going on.

Dear Tony,

Thank you so much for the Price Match on Max Payne 3. I was able to grab it at a very good price. :)

Do keep up the good work, and know that your efforts are appreciated.

[quote name='r9800pro']You are from Australia, right ? :D

Transformers FOC in Australian Steam Store is $10 cheaper than all other regions ($50 vs $60) so with 50% off, it is $24.99 for you but $29.99 for everybody else

I am using Flawless Widescreen for KOA and many other games. It fixes games with bad or no Eyefinity (Multimonitor) support and FOV is the most important thing in multimonitor

27695730.jpg

[/QUOTE]
Yeah that software is amazing, it's a must for Spec Ops for example.

[quote name='puzurinsusinak']I didn't even want Spec Ops: The Line.

But at $2.49, I had no choice in the matter.

Right?

Tony is a pickpocket.[/QUOTE]

Well you always do have a choice. Do you really want to play the game? :p:cool:

[quote name='r9800pro']You are from Australia, right ? :D

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Was hoping it was a tad cheaper, but as someone pointed out, its probably tightass Activision at work :/. :whistle2:#

What other games are expected to hit the EC list?. Will they be from pool of games released in 2012?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Stonekeep']Yeah that software is amazing, it's a must for Spec Ops for example.[/QUOTE]
Does it work with dual monitor setups? Not necessarily centering, but expanding out one side.

[quote name='r9800pro']

27695730.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Will try that at home and report back! KOA is the only game I played (until now) which FOV makes me sick

2K Mega Pack: $24.99 ($19.99 after coupon)

Now down to $24.99, was $29.99.

Not a price mistake as Tony's edited the OP to reflect the change.

I'm sure this has probably been asked and answered several times before, but I haven't seen anything about it and I was hoping for a clarification of some kind. The Amazon 2012 Editor's Choice Games page specifically says:

Thanks for your purchase from the Amazon Digital Games Store. Below are a selection of games hand-picked by our editorial staff as the hottest titles of 2012. Customers who receive $5 promotional credits during November and December may use their code on any of these games starting January 1, 2013. Simply select one to purchase, click "Buy and Download", enter the promotional code that Amazon emailed to you, and your discount will be applied. Having trouble finding the email? Try searching for "Your Amazon Promotional Credit" in your email inbox.

When I check my email inbox though, I only see emails for Promotional Credit for purchases made on November 19th and later. My earlier November purchases don't seem to have gotten any Promotional Credits, at least emails concerning the credit being applied that is. Were ALL November purchases given Promotional Credits, as the Amazon 2012 Editor's Choice Games page specifically says? I certainly hope my November purchases of the "Kingdoms of Amalur Complete Bundle", "The Harry Batman Bundle", and the "Prototype Pack" have their rightful credits applied to my account, even despite there being no emails! :eek:

I believe the promo started on or around 11/16/12, not at the beginning of the month.

Edit: The (first) Prototype Pack was supposed to be backfilled to include the promo credit (the second pack included it), but as least on my account, it has not as of yet.

[quote name='teenwolf']I'm sure this has probably been asked and answered several times before, but I haven't seen anything about it and I was hoping for a clarification of some kind. The Amazon 2012 Editor's Choice Games page specifically says:

When I check my email inbox though, I only see emails for Promotional Credit for purchases made on November 19th and later. My earlier November purchases don't seem to have gotten any Promotional Credits, at least emails concerning the credit being applied that is. Were ALL November purchases given Promotional Credits, as the Amazon 2012 Editor's Choice Games page specifically says? I certainly hope my November purchases of the "Kingdoms of Amalur Complete Bundle", "The Harry Batman Bundle", and the "Prototype Pack" have their rightful credits applied to my account, even despite there being no emails! :eek:[/QUOTE]

I *think* Tony just said the other day that the Prototype Pack indeed should have counted, and other Nov purchases as well. I also didn't get an EC coupon for Prototype though.

Tony, should the above and I both send you our Nov order #s if indeed we should have gotten EC coupons for these purchases?

EDIT here's what I found:

TL-DR: Except for the Prototype pack, the credits started on the 16th of NOV.

Weird on the Prototype Packs, I did that one a while ago. I'm out sick today and currently kind of groggy. I'll get at it tomorrow.

Can someone with my email address toss me a note to remind me? If your email client has the ability to make it high importance, do so, I love those little red exclamation points.

[quote name='Tolyngee']2K Mega Pack: $24.99 ($19.99 after coupon)

Now down to $24.99, was $29.99.

Not a price mistake as Tony's edited the OP to reflect the change.[/QUOTE]Pretty good deal. Would probably jump on it if I didn't already buy the other packs since I own most of those on that list now.

[quote name='meeko2']Max Payne 3 isnt avaiable anymore, now that i was ready to bite Q_Q[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, it will "magically" reappear in stock when the Steam pricematch disappears. It may be a day or two later so the illusion looks "real".

[quote name='bwrobins']Don't worry, it will "magically" reappear in stock when the Steam pricematch disappears. It may be a day or two later so the illusion looks "real".[/QUOTE]

I wonder if it also was the fact that you could get MP3 with *half of the DLC included* for $9.99 with coupon.

(still gotta wonder if the DLC included was a mistake...)

EDIT: to clarify, it came with four of the DLCs

[quote name='SCMoney360']Tsw question:

Anyone know how easy you can copy these files to another computer?[/QUOTE]

I did it. Copied from my PC to my laptop - after copying I re-ran patcher setup and the client patcher and about 5 mins later I was gtg.

[quote name='Idiotekque']You won't know until you get to Kingsmouth and can "claim" issue #5.[/QUOTE]

Where do I go to claim Issue #5?

I see "special issue 51" under "claim items", but assume that isn't it.

So, the real deals right now is Hotline Miami, Spec Ops, and The Darkness II?

To be honest, I don't really have a strong interest in any of them, but might end up with HM. One of my 3 is reserved for Crusader Kings II if it drops in price.

Two questions regarding TSW:

1) Is the bonus content still available?
2) I have a registered account from a free weekend a few months ago. Someone posted earlier in this thread that they had an account and did not receive the bonus content when they registered their key. Anyone know what the deal is with this? IF the bonus content is still available, any chance I wont' receive it because I have a pre-existing but non-activated account?

Thanks.

[quote name='bwrobins']Don't worry, it will "magically" reappear in stock when the Steam pricematch disappears. It may be a day or two later so the illusion looks "real".[/QUOTE]

To be honest, I don't think Amazon can sell a good AAA game with $60 retail price for $10 for a long time, so this is perfectly understandable

[quote name='INCyr']1) Is the bonus content still available?[/QUOTE]
Supposedly through the 7th, no guarantees.
2) I have a registered account from a free weekend a few months ago. Someone posted earlier in this thread that they had an account and did not receive the bonus content when they registered their key. Anyone know what the deal is with this?
That was me who reported not seeing it and I don't know what the deal is. Maybe you had to buy time for December to get the offer and the free month with a purchase qualifies you. I'm not willing to pop $14.99 and find out.
[quote name='r9800pro']To be honest, I don't think Amazon can sell a good AAA game with $60 retail price for $10 for a long time, so this is perfectly understandable[/QUOTE]
I'd point out that I bought it for something like $8 from GamersGate back over Thanksgiving but that's probably not the best data point ;)

[quote name='INCyr']Two questions regarding TSW:

1) Is the bonus content still available?
2) I have a registered account from a free weekend a few months ago. Someone posted earlier in this thread that they had an account and did not receive the bonus content when they registered their key. Anyone know what the deal is with this? IF the bonus content is still available, any chance I wont' receive it because I have a pre-existing but non-activated account?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

1) Someone picked it up this morning and still got the content
2) Not sure on that one. The person before had an actual account where he had purchased the game before. They should still get Issue 5 since that was for all people active prior to Dec 31,2012. The Initiate pack is, by my understanding, for people who are new players.

Yeah, I only care about Issue 5, as much as I care about anything. My account already has newbie bonuses (newbie weapons, pet cat, t-shirt, some magic ring) that I think are of the "supposed to be pre-order but you get them anyway" variety so the Initiate Pack doesn't interest me.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Supposedly through the 7th, no guarantees.[/QUOTE]

Alright, I bit the bullet and picked it up. I've registered my game on their website to my account. Is there anything else I need to do to try and get access to the bonus content, or is that sufficient for now? I'm at work, and not sure when I'm going to have a chance to actually download the game client in the next few days or possibly even weeks, especially if it's as large as everyone says it is.

[quote name='n0id']Need some opinions:

I have 1 of the 2k coupons. The only 2 games I'm looking at is Spec ops, and nba2k13.
[snip]
Spec ops to me looks like a better quality game, in terms of it having a good story line, and action based (but i heard its short).

So....thoughts? :\[/QUOTE]
Spec Ops is a great game (story, atmosphere, setting,all great), but it can be completed in about 4-7 hours or so (depending which difficulty you set and whether you look for all the hidden intel items), though you will probably want to play through it at least 1 more time. If you care about achievements you have to play it through at least 2 times to get all of them. Multiplayer is LITERALLY tacked on (the single player devs didn't want it, it was forced on them by the publisher and done by another studio) and is completely dead unless you organize with a friend to play with. All of the achievements are for single player. Voice acting is great too, it's Nathan Drake Vs. Tron!

[quote name='r9800pro']To be honest, I don't think Amazon can sell a good AAA game with $60 retail price for $10 for a long time, so this is perfectly understandable[/QUOTE]

Your right!!! That is why Steam has had multiple good AAA games with a $60 retail price on sale for $15 or less and we have only seen keys run out ONCE on the Witcher, two years ago... As I said, if Amazon puts it back in stock after the sale we will know the truth.

I'm halfway through mission 12 out of 15 from picking up Spec Ops when it was on sale at GMG, and while I don't regret it for $5.25 yet alone if I had gotten it for $2.50, I'm thus far not as impressed with the story as I expected. It brings up interesting scenarios but I don't find the overarching plot or characters too good. We'll see what the final act brings though, too early to judge.

The gameplay while generic is very solid, no complaints. You can die pretty quickly on normal difficulty.

[quote name='INCyr']Alright, I bit the bullet and picked it up. I've registered my game on their website to my account. Is there anything else I need to do to try and get access to the bonus content, or is that sufficient for now? I'm at work, and not sure when I'm going to have a chance to actually download the game client in the next few days or possibly even weeks, especially if it's as large as everyone says it is.[/QUOTE]

You can only be SURE you got it about an hour in when you gain access to the in-game store as you can finally check the "Boosts" section and see if Issue 5 is listed with a price or for $0. That being said, I think all you have to do is register and you should be fine. I don't think it actually has to be claimed by that point.

**However, having recently been screwed by the whole take-back Gamersgate thing, I have learned to grab content ASAP when you believe there is some sort of screw-up going on.

[quote name='INCyr']Alright, I bit the bullet and picked it up. I've registered my game on their website to my account. Is there anything else I need to do to try and get access to the bonus content, or is that sufficient for now? I'm at work, and not sure when I'm going to have a chance to actually download the game client in the next few days or possibly even weeks, especially if it's as large as everyone says it is.[/QUOTE]

Although the installer told me that I needed 15gb of space free, the install folder was actually 36.4 gb in size when the patcher finished doing its thing.

You might want to log into the Item Store (you can do so through the web, it is the bottom-left-most option button in the launcher) and claim the Issue #5 content update as well, just in case.
http://www.thesecretworld.com/itemstore/

lol. Amazon runs out of keys a lot, even when they order tons and tons of them. If they wanted to stop the price match they would just raise the price. Last year during the price matches when some games were free they ran out of keys sometimes within minutes.

[quote name='Raptor25']I'm halfway through mission 12 out of 15 from picking up Spec Ops when it was on sale at GMG, and while I don't regret it for $5.25 yet alone if I had gotten it for $2.50, I'm thus far not as impressed with the story as I expected. It brings up interesting scenarios but I don't find the overarching plot or characters too good. We'll see what the final act brings though, too early to judge.

The gameplay while generic is very solid, no complaints. You can die pretty quickly on normal difficulty.[/QUOTE]

If you are taking the story at face value it does not surprise me that you feel that way about it. Start paying a bit more attention to what your comrades are saying and how they respond to you. There's a lot of subtlety that becomes apparent once you see the ending, but it's all there throughout and is blatant on a 2nd playthrough. Kind of like watching The 6th Sense again knowing Bruce Willis is a ghost; you see all the hints, references, etc that you missed the 1st time.
And part of me can't help but think the generic appearance and gameplay is intentional given the message they try to put across. It's intentionally playing on tropes of the modern military action hero.

[quote name='Razorfish']Although the installer told me that I needed 15gb of space free, the install folder was actually 36.4 gb in size when the patcher finished doing its thing.

You might want to log into the Item Store (you can do so through the web, it is the bottom-left-most option button in the launcher) and claim the Issue #5 content update as well, just in case.
http://www.thesecretworld.com/itemstore/[/QUOTE]

Where would I find Issue #5 in the store?

Nevermind. Apparently in boosts, which is a weird place for it. lol

[quote name='Razorfish']Although the installer told me that I needed 15gb of space free, the install folder was actually 36.4 gb in size when the patcher finished doing its thing.

http://www.thesecretworld.com/itemstore/[/QUOTE]

Apparently I need a character to log into the item store, so while it's a great idea, it's not going to work for me. :(

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']lol. Amazon runs out of keys a lot, even when they order tons and tons of them. If they wanted to stop the price match they would just raise the price. Last year during the price matches when some games were free they ran out of keys sometimes within minutes.[/QUOTE]

I agree, my comment was on whether it was a true "out of keys" or a "we are DONE selling at the PM price". We will see based on when the keys get restocked.

Of all the games on the list I only have Bioshock 1 & 2 so I am wondering if Spec Ops for $2.49 will be the best deal I could score this month or if a better deal would crop up later in the month?

[quote name='DaFees']Of all the games on the list I only have Bioshock 1 & 2 so I am wondering if Spec Ops for $2.49 will be the best deal I could score this month or if a better deal would crop up later in the month?[/QUOTE]

I was in the same boat and just picked up Spec Ops by itself...Maybe since the game is so short, I will actually finish a game for once.

Curious what all the comments on the great story is about.

great price for xcom

remembering civ 5 pricing
it retained initial 50$ list price for the first year
and civ 5 goty list price is still 50)

so id say we wont see a deeper discount soon-i expect 12,5 around summertime

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back