Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='avwjase']A little early for it to be a trend but done. I snagged the only game I wanted (War of the Roses) off steam.

You see, steam might have higher prices but as far as I know, their reps and the service itself does not treat customers differently. They don't tell 'some customers' to not buy games because they will have said game cheaper two weeks in the future. Then totally ignore other customers that ask the same question.

At least I have the same access to information there that everyone else has. I don't have to dig through 400 page threads for information or see others given 'tips about future sales' while I can't even get a "yes/no.' To me, how a company treats me is far more important then the price of their goods. It is why I am still with Blockbuster and still have my car serviced at the dealer instead of these shade tree mechanics. I don't really care if they charge more. I just want equity in their treatment of customers and some notion that they appreciate my business.[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTxhK6KYFfg

I've tried to compile a list of frequently asked questions. Please feel free to repost/revise, suggest new questions or correct my answers. Also feel free to flame away.

Thanks for the suggestions, keep em comin. (I stuck the flash sales PM answer in Q8, but let me know if you think it needs a separate q&A.)

F.A.Q.
Q1) What is this Editor's choice promotion?
A1) Any purchase of a game from the Digital Games section on Amazon.com between Nov. 16 and Dec. 31, 2012 (or the purchase of the Protoype pack in November) earned you a $5 credit to be used on the purchase of a game from the 2012 Editor's Choice Games.

Q2) Where is the code for the promotion?
A2) There is no code - the credit is linked to the account that purchased the qualifying game and automatically applied at checkout.

Q3) I didn't get the credit. What should I do?
A3) You can PM the order number that you think should qualify to Tony, or contact Amazon Customer Service directly.

Q4) Is there anything I can buy to get the credit now?
A4) No, the promotion is over.

Q5) Where can I find the eligible games?
A5) Here

Q6) I don't like the list/have all the games/ don't like the prices.
A6) There is no way to predict what will be on the list, but there will be changes between now and when the promotion ends on January 31, 2013.

Q7) How do I know how many credits I have?
A7) There is no easy way to tell. You can search your inbox for emails (Search for '1000728511' in your inbox for $5 credit emails) or contact Amazon customer service. Ignore the amount under game credits you can find on the Amazon site - it includes credits for a lot of other promotions.

Q8) What happens if Steam/Gamefly/Impulse(Gamestop) has a lower price?
A8) These price matches are handled on a case by case basis. There is a link on every Amazon product page "Tell us about a lower price" that you can use to submit a request. There is no guarantee this will cause a price match, but it can't hurt. Amazon does not match flash/community choice deals. Amazon generally does not match deals that require a limited use coupon or code.

Q9) Will Amazon price match Gamersgate/Getgamesgo/Greenmangaming?
A9) Amazon does not pricematch international sellers.

Q10) Will Amazon pricematch Origin for EA games?
A10) Amazon generally does not match publisher sales.

Q11) What time do prices change?
A11) Generally, between midnight and 1 am Seattle (Pacific) time for scheduled deals. Price matches can change at any time.

Q12) I don't like the way Amazon does things.
A12) email [email protected] . He probably won't read it, but one of his assistants will and who knows, maybe it will be the catalyst for change.

Q13) Does "Game X" activate on Steam?
A13) Unfortunately, it's not always possible to be sure. Keep these tips in mind: 1) Most steam games have a note in the game requirements sections. Newer games can have a note: "DRM: Steam" near the top of the product page, under the title of the game, 2) Do a ctrl+f search for "Steam" on a product page, 3) Most (99.9%) of EA titles do not activate on Steam. Newer products activate on Origin.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Here is my list of potentially good $1.99 casual games:

Hidden Object Movie Studios: I'll Believe You

www.amazon.com/Hidden-Object-Movie-Studios-Download/dp/B00513EPMA/

Apparently you unlock movie clips from a real movie as you play along this game, sounds pretty interesting.

Pure Hidden

www.amazon.com/OUAT-Entertainment-1459-Hidden-Download/dp/B002IC1BYM/

Bad title, bad cover art, but overwhelmingly positive reviews and looks like it has a good variety of gameplay.

Luxor Adventures

www.amazon.com/MumboJumbo-2161-Luxor-Adventures-Download/dp/B003OA48LA/

Mumbo Jumbo, so that usually means quality. This is a hidden object game with Luxor mini games between levels.

Also always recommend the Pickers game, another mumbo jumbo game and I had plenty of fun with that won beforehand.[/QUOTE]

This list would have been even better 2 days ago...

...back when we could get EC coupons along with the game!

I bought about a dozen or so of these last day of Dec, not only because they did look interesting, but also for the coupons!

Would have loved to have had three more!

(after a while I got bored of digging through them to see what looked good...)

One called Cursed Mountain sure looked interesting!

[quote name='Mooby']Are you still on this? That complaint is baseless: War of the Roses was a price match. Tony didn't see my PM request for Warlock DLC three times but eventually he got to it. You people are grasping at straws for things to bitch at.[/QUOTE]

Are you this dense or is this an act? I asked about planned promotions for Paradox titles three times BEFORE the price match, and specifically including War of the Roses. I know this was a price match but my question was still never answered. Will there be any Paradox promotions coming up. Simple question, really. One he has answered a million times for other people in this thread. You know, if I wanted to dig through this thread I could find countless examples of Tony price matching games but then telling people "I would wait, we have planned promotions in the works and that game will be cheaper in (say) October." I know he did it with Sniper Elite and Spec Ops. I want to say Mass Effect 3 as well. There were others.

But hey, expecting you to learn to read all of a sudden is too lofty a goal. So, I expect all of this went over your head for the 100th time.

[quote name='Mooby']@ the people 'threatening' to go back to Steam. You do realize that most of the time Amazon beats their prices, right?[/QUOTE]

Let them go. It will be more peaceful here without them. Besides, if they're going to pay more out of spite that's their problem and the publishers gain.

^^^^^
Will you move on? I think you've taken one too many mustard facials to your brain. Please stop bringing anger and hate into this thread, as we already know you're not happy with Amazon; you can stop now.

So the prevailing sentiment from some seems to be - i'll go back to steam. Why? because steam tries to aggressively price match most of their competitors pretty much on request? because they routinely solicit feedback from their customers on product mix and promotions? because their customer service is a shining beacon of customer care? or maybe it's because steam has their product manager bend over backwards trying to field the same questions over and over again?

This was an experiment by Tony to try and build a new relationship between a major retailer and the gaming community and to be transparent about their plans - as much as he could be. And guess what, just like any community, the more you put into it (log on read, etc.) the more you get out of it.

You're of course free to take your money where you feel gives you the most satisfaction. Me, I'm glad Tony has opted for the once a day posting since I'd much rather have him continue a sustainable relationship with this community, than to burn out trying to accommodate some folks who will never be satisfied and declare this a failed experiment.

Now back to the TSW discussion - when folks say come and play with the CAG group - how does that actually work? would we all log on at the same time or do we go around looking for each other in 'the world'? sorry, I don't do much MMOs - at all.

thanks!

[quote name='avwjase']Are you this dense or is this an act? I asked about planned promotions for Paradox titles three times BEFORE the price match, and specifically including War of the Roses. I know this was a price match but my question was still never answered. Will there be any Paradox promotions coming up. Simple question, really. One he has answered a million times for other people in this thread. You know, if I wanted to dig through this thread I could find countless examples of Tony price matching games but then telling people "I would wait, we have planned promotions in the works and that game will be cheaper in (say) October." I know he did it with Sniper Elite and Spec Ops. I want to say Mass Effect 3 as well. There were others.

But hey, expecting you to learn to read all of a sudden is too lofty a goal. So, I expect all of this went over your head for the 100th time.[/QUOTE]

you don't have to dig through the whole thread you know, you can easily go to Tony's profile and look at his posts history and see which question he has answered

This thread is reminding me what it used to be like on Christmas Eve with my family.

I grew up in a VERY dysfunctional family. :argue: :headache:

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']Q5) Where can I find the eligible games?
A5) Here[/QUOTE]
That link is to a Spec Ops purchase page which startled the hell out of me and made me think I just bought a copy :lol:

[quote name='Tolyngee']This list would have been even better 2 days ago...

...back when we could get EC coupons along with the game!

I bought about a dozen or so of these last day of Dec, not only because they did look interesting, but also for the coupons!

Would have loved to have had three more!

(after a while I got bored of digging through them to see what looked good...)

One called Cursed Mountain sure looked interesting![/QUOTE]

I'm actually not sure these were on sale the 31st? Maybe they were and I've just been busy, but I recall some $2.99 Casual Games beforehand.

[quote name='Fluxy']i heard war of the roses was bad anyway....they say chivalry is better..lols[/QUOTE]

It has it's pros and cons like any game. Although it is markedly better than your grammar. An ellipsis has three periods, son. It does not have four or two and the shift-key is on either side of the keyboard.

Now, you 'cool guys' can go back to living with your parents and watching anime. Those of us with advanced degrees have these things called jobs and must get up early in the morning. So, I bid you farewell.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']So now that Hotline Miami is $5 on Steam... can we all get it for free?[/QUOTE]

negative ghost rider

[quote name='UW_Shocks']I think you've taken one too many mustard facials to your brain. [/QUOTE]

This seriously made me laugh really hard.

That being said, can people please stop fighting, it's getting out of hand.

[quote name='avwjase']It has it's pros and cons like any game. Although it is markedly better than your grammar. An ellipsis has three periods, son. It does not have four or two and the shift-key is on either side of the keyboard.

Now, you 'cool guys' can go back to living with your parents and watching anime. Those of us with advanced degrees have these things called jobs and must get up early in the morning. So, I bid you farewell.[/QUOTE]

hey hot dog kid?

u mad, cuz it sounds like it

i work at 5am and im still up like a beast, yea ill bid u farewell

[quote name='avwjase']It has it's pros and cons like any game. Although it is markedly better than your grammar. An ellipsis has three periods, son. It does not have four or two and the shift-key is on either side of the keyboard.

Now, you 'cool guys' can go back to living with your parents and watching anime. Those of us with advanced degrees have these things called jobs and must get up early in the morning. So, I bid you farewell.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know they gave degrees in that.

Certified+Ass+Clown.jpg

Every time I come back into this thread to check... *sigh*

Mustard squirting on hot dog dude needs to take the lousy attitude down like 100 notches.

36jul22entitlement12.jpg

Any hints if we will get games for $5-6 from these Editor's Choice games (resulting in games coming out free or nearly free)? I got a lot of coupons that I wonder what to use on now :| I can get 2-3 games from all of these games otherwise, but idk what to do with the rest of the coupons unless some things are really cheap ...

[quote name='Idiotekque']GUYS!!

Just press "T" in game and the aiming scheme will witch to TPS mouse controlled aiming with a reticule/strafe WASD movement...

Jeez. >.>[/QUOTE]
Can you use the Kinect on this?

[quote name='Motoki']Ashot P? Oh wait he already has an outsourced job with Gamersgate unless he is doing double duty.[/QUOTE]
Aww, I remember him from when I was kid going to 7-11.

[quote name='Mooby']@ the people 'threatening' to go back to Steam. You do realize that most of the time Amazon beats their prices, right?[/QUOTE]
Damn straight, this is cheap ass gamer. Wouldn't it be a paradox if half the group chooses higher prices because they got their little itty bitty buttholes hurt.
[quote name='avwjase']No, it wasn't. My new question about a price match was answered... my previous question about planned Paradox promotions including War of the Roses was not answered and still has not been answered.

But thanks for playing.[/QUOTE]
Dude, you do know Tony does not work for Valve, right? How the fuck is he gonna know what deals Valve has struck with publishers? He works for Amazon, you ungrateful little shit.

[quote name='avwjase']A little early for it to be a trend but done. I snagged the only game I wanted (War of the Roses) off steam.

You see, steam might have higher prices but as far as I know, their reps and the service itself does not treat customers differently. They don't tell 'some customers' to not buy games because they will have said game cheaper two weeks in the future. Then totally ignore other customers that ask the same question.

At least I have the same access to information there that everyone else has. I don't have to dig through 400 page threads for information or see others given 'tips about future sales' while I can't even get a "yes/no.' To me, how a company treats me is far more important then the price of their goods. It is why I am still with Blockbuster and still have my car serviced at the dealer instead of these shade tree mechanics. I don't really care if they charge more. I just want equity in their treatment of customers and some notion that they appreciate my business.[/QUOTE]
Maybe you just need to get laid, because you sure bitch a lot. I guess you're also either lazy or can't read yourself. I'd wager both but would love to be proven wrong.
[quote name='Fluxy']i heard war of the roses was bad anyway....they say chivalry is better..lols[/QUOTE]
Coconut Queen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Syntax Error']That link is to a Spec Ops purchase page which startled the hell out of me and made me think I just bought a copy :lol:[/QUOTE]

Thanks, it should be fixed.

[quote name='happypants']I installed TSW on a USB drive. Removed the USB drive, connected to another computer, and ran "The Secret World" executable in the USB Drive\Program Files\TSW directory.[/QUOTE]
Shit bro, you've got a huuuuge... USB drive.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']1. Right-click the Uplay shortcut on your desktop. Select "Properties."
2. In the "target" text box, after the part in quotes, put without quotes " -upc_uplay_id ##", where ## is the id number of the game. The id numbers can be found on this list.
3. Click Apply, then double-click the shortcut. Uplay will boot into a splash screen for the game, and it should pop up a box prompting you enter the game's key.
4. Enter the key.
5. ???
6. Profit

(Credit to this fine fellow on NeoGAF.)[/QUOTE]
If this works, you are my new hero.

[quote name='Larce80']cut the racism guys[/QUOTE]
LOL.

I don't know about everyone else (I don't think they were), but I wasn't being racist. I do, actually, love Indians. I'm writing a novel based in India, I just bought a book on India, etc etc. Okay, they aren't so great at support usually, true, but I wasn't being racist when I said that.

[quote name='avwjase']And Walmart beats the prices of most of the places I shop, but I still won't step foot inside a Walmart due to sheer principle.[/QUOTE]
facepalm06.jpg

[quote name='CheapThomas']Now back to the TSW discussion - when folks say come and play with the CAG group - how does that actually work? would we all log on at the same time or do we go around looking for each other in 'the world'? sorry, I don't do much MMOs - at all.

thanks![/QUOTE]
Add me on Steam (idiotekque) and I'll send you an invite to the CAG TSW Steam group. :)

I_gave_that_bitch_cereal_Bitches_love_cereal_meme-s241x360-152822.jpg

Cool guy eh? Lets see here, you think that having an "advance degree" makes you better then others? Well there's a major flaw right there, trying to judge based on ones book knowledge from a school. Me I have a degree in Nuclear Engineering and Computer Science but I don't judge others based on if they went to school or not. Personally I have a few programmer friends with no college at all and they are better then some of my teachers I've had and should honestly be with big companies but instead they like doing there own thing. Me personally I went back to doing some electrical work as I have 4 years of experience in that field for the time being and I do contracts at a power plant. I don't judge people but I do respect people who do what makes them happy in life, as that to me doing what makes one happy in life is being intelligent and "Smart".

So you take your negative ass and go some where else with your "advanced" degree and kindly shove it.

lol, I hope a few of you held off at $2.49 for Hotline Miami. I told you it was likely to be free ;)

Who knows how long this price will last though.

Just finished the Darkness II demo on Steam, and man, I didn't like I would enjoy it with all the over-the-top gore, but the mechanics are really fun.

[quote name='sunghost']lol, I hope a few of you held off at $2.49 for Hotline Miami. I told you it was likely to be free ;)

Who knows how long this price will last though.[/QUOTE]

Tony did it to appease the animals!

So, recently out of school I take it? Excited about your first position as junior engineer?

Just drop it; in the long term that kind of attitude will lead to all of the techs and manufacturing guys at work hating you. Being a jerk may be fun, but acting somewhat like a mannered professional (even on internet forums) is worth a lot more than that in the long term. This kind of attitude bleeds over into corporate emails all the time, and it just lands you in HR.

I know it was only $2.50 for Hotline Miami, but man, didn't Tony say there wouldn't be any free games? (after coupon of course).

Should have waited.

[quote name='Mooby']Tony did it to appease the animals![/QUOTE]

I wish hot dog guy's last post before signing off was "I'm buying hotline Miami for $2.50 and going to bed with my advanced degree"

[quote name='iamanerd']Cool guy eh? Lets see here, you think that having an "advance degree" makes you better then others? Well there's a major flaw right there, trying to judge based on ones book knowledge from a school. Me I have a degree in Nuclear Engineering and Computer Science but I don't judge others based on if they went to school or not. Personally I have a few programmer friends with no college at all and they are better then some of my teachers I've had and should honestly be with big companies but instead they like doing there own thing. Me personally I went back to doing some electrical work as I have 4 years of experience in that field for the time being and I do contracts at a power plant. I don't judge people but I do respect people who do what makes them happy in life, as that to me doing what makes one happy in life is being intelligent and "Smart".

So you take your negative ass and go some where else with your "advanced" degree and kindly shove it.[/QUOTE]
Sir, you win the internets.

[quote name='xanchui']/me waits for all the raging from people buying at $2.49[/QUOTE]
Cue those people saying "Yeah, but it was totally worth it." while they cry inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back